bet365
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 28 von 41 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - The games that shaped this season

Arsène Wenger has identified the pivotal week of this rollercoaster season.

With a Champions League Semi-Final and a FA Cup Final berth up for grabs this week, the next seven days has already been described as “defining” by Wenger. However, the manager pinpointed two games in November as the season’s turning points.

A week after losing 2-0 against Aston Villa, Arsenal were comprehensively beaten by a Robinho-inspired Manchester City at Eastlands. But, eight days later, Robin van Persie struck twice for Arsenal as they came from behind to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. And, in between those two games, the Gunners overcame Dynamo Kyiv in the Champions League Group stage to book their place in the next round.

For Wenger, it was the week when his young side stabilised after an up-and-down start to the campaign.

“The victory against Chelsea might not have been a corner stone for the team but it was definitely the game which brought us stability,” the manager declared.

“The main issue, the most worrying game, was the 3-0 defeat at Manchester City. It was one defeat too many.

“What was clear for me was our defensive weakness. We could feel the pressure on high balls and we needed to strengthen our midfield. We were far too open.

“[After beating Chelsea] I told myself that my team wasn’t not going to sink totally and our defeats were more a result of an imbalance between defence and attack than the team’s lack of spirit or talent.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Diaby back but Djourou out of Villarreal tie

Abou Diaby is back in Arsenal’s squad for their crucial Champions League clash with Villarreal.

The French midfielder sustained a thigh injury while on international duty at the end of last month and has not played since. Now Diaby’s return will give Arsène Wenger a selection dilemma in midfield.

If only the Arsenal manager had the same problem in defence. Already without William Gallas, Gael Clichy and Manuel Almunia, Wenger has lost Johan Djourou to the knee injury he suffered at Wigan on Saturday.

“Yes, both Djourou and Clichy are unfortunately out,” confirmed Wenger at his pre-match press conference.

“Djourou has a knee problem. He will have a scan today but we fear a cartilage. Clichy on what we saw after the game in Villarreal, he has a back problem.

“But Diaby is in the squad.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - Trophies a must for ‘big clubs’

Emmanuel Adebayor admits that Arsenal must regain their knack of winning trophies to underline their status as a ‘big club’.

A win or a goalless draw at home to Villarreal in the Champions League on Wednesday will take the Gunners a step closer to their first major trophy in four years. The FA Cup is also within reach for Arsène Wenger’s young squad with a Semi-Final against Chelsea at Wembley on Saturday.

Adebayor arrived in North London a little over three years ago and is still waiting for his first taste of glory. He believes that silverware is a must if Arsenal want to enhance their reputation at home and abroad.

“If you want to be a big club, of course you have to win things, which is normal,” said Adebayor.

“If most of the people say Manchester United are a big club in Europe, it is because they won the Premier League and the Champions League. They are the reasons they are big.

“We are ready for that. We did everything last season to achieve things and for me it is a little bit of luck in the Quarter-Finals of the Champions League against Liverpool last season that knocked us out. This season we have the chance to do it and just have to take our chances.”

Adebayor is well aware that the pressure will mount if and when Arsenal edge closer to their goals in April and May. But that can wait; for now, he just wants to get past Villarreal.

“The pressure is there: all the fans, the newspapers, journalists. That is normal. I can understand that,” he said.

“But for me as a footballer the most important thing is how I am going to help my team to win. I am here talking about the Final already, we have to pass through the Quarter-Final and Semi-Final first.

“We know Villarreal will be one of the toughest games I will have in my life and we will have to give 100 per cent. After that we will talk about other things.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I won’t curb Arshavin’s freedom

Arsène Wenger has no intention of curbing Andrey Arshavin’s instinctive approach to football.

The Russian playmaker has been a big hit since moving to Emirates Stadium on transfer deadline day and recently scooped the O2/Arsenal.com Player of the Month award after scoring one goal and creating five more in March.

Arshavin’s rudimentary position is usually on the left but, as at Wigan on Saturday, he often moves inside to exert more influence. The tactic worked at the JJB Stadium – the 27-year-old conjured up another goal and assist – and Wenger is loathe to restrict Arshavin’s freedom of expression.

“Many times in the game Arshavin has his own ideas,” said the Frenchman.

“But we have no forbidden ways for our creative players as long as they respect when we lose the ball that they share the job well.

“We are a team who wants to play in a mobile game so you have to give them freedom to go where they feel they will be dangerous.”

Wenger would love to call upon Arshavin in the latter stages of the Champions League but the Russian is ineligible after representing his former club, Zenit St. Petersburg, in the group stages. However, the Arsenal manager knows he can turn that negative into a positive this coming weekend.

“If you ask me would I like Arshavin to be with us then I would say yes,” admitted Wenger. “But when I bought him I knew he would not be available, so I cannot complain about that.

“The advantage it has is that at least we'll have one fresh player for Saturday [against Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi-Final].”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - I didn't want to leave last summer

Emmanuel Adebayor did NOT indicate he wanted to leave Arsenal in the summer.

A number of newspaper articles last year suggested that the Togolese striker was about to quit North London after two-and-a-half successful years in red and white.

Adebayor stayed and signed a new contract however, since then, he has maybe failed to hit the heights of the previous campaign when he vied with Cristiano Ronaldo for the Golden Boot. That said, he still averages a goal every other game and has seven Premier League assists – just three behind leader Robin van Persie.

His superb strike last week secured a vital draw in Villarreal. Ahead of the return leg at Emirates Stadium, the 24-year-old put to bed those stories from a year ago.

"I never said I would leave, people said that on my behalf,” he commented. “Today, I'm very happy at Arsenal and that is the reason why I stayed because I know with this team I can achieve things.

"I know we've had a difficult season in the Premier League, but we're still in the Champions League, still in the FA Cup and that's fantastic.

"We have to take the good points from that and enjoy ourselves to the end of the season.

"Yes, it's been difficult with all the problems - Hleb going to Barcelona, Mathieu Flamini going to Milan, everything was struggling a little bit, are we going to buy or not, myself going or staying.

“When I got my injury [in February] it was quite difficult too because at that time I wasn't hitting the net.

“But it's always good to go back [and] see what you have done well and what you have done bad. Taking a break made me feel good, allowed me to see my family which made me feel better. When I came back I knew I had two months to go until the end of the season.

“And I have to take a lot out of that. I must enjoy my games and help Arsenal to win things. That's why I signed for Arsenal and I think I am doing that quite well at the moment.

“The team have now got on a good roll, we are playing quite well and we enjoy playing together as a team. We are back in business, that is the most important thing.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Crank up the volume at the Emirates

Arsène Wenger is “convinced” that the Arsenal supporters can create a red-hot Emirates Stadium atmosphere for tomorrow’s Champions League Quarter-Final second leg against Villarreal.

With nothing to choose between the sides after a 1-1 draw at El Madrigal Stadium last week, Wednesday’s clash promises to be just as tight.

And, speaking at Tuesday’s pre-match press conference, Wenger urged Arsenal’s ‘12th man’ to uphold the English reputation and crank up the volume for the clash.

“I would want an intimidating atmosphere and I count on our supporters to be strongly behind the team in a fair way,” said the manager.

“England has a reputation abroad that the fans really have a strong voice behind the team.

“I am convinced our fans will do that tomorrow.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Leave me out of the congratulations

Arsène Wenger does not draw personal satisfaction from the turnaround in Arsenal’s season.

The Frenchman shouldered a heap of criticism early in the campaign after his side lost to Fulham, Hull, Manchester City, Aston Villa and Stoke City to leave them with only the remotest chance of winning the title.

They have not quite been able to recover the ground they lost in the first third of the season. But they are at least favourites for a top-four finish and this week can advance to the latter end of two cup competitions.

“These boys are winners,” said Wenger ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League Quarter-Final second leg with Villarreal.

“I believe in general this team has not got the credit it has deserved. The focus these players have shown since the beginning of the season has been fantastic. The hunger they have shown every single day in training is great, so that's why we have improved a lot. And there is still a lot more to come - at 21, 22 you can only go upwards.

“Let's leave me out of all that,” he replied when asked about the satisfaction he took from his side’s comeback.

“We have gone for a policy in the Club. I am in a public job and when those results are not there, people are entitled not to be happy and we have to accept that. The most important thing is the Club has a policy, keeps to it, is convinced of it and goes about it in a strongly determined way.”

Now, argues the manager, it is a matter of retaining that belief for the crucial two months ahead.

“What is very important in these games is the belief, the determination and the squad spirit,” said Wenger. “We can take a lot of encouragement from our team spirit recently.

“That is certainly vital when you are going from game to game. You have to rotate your squad a little bit and I believe the whole squad is focused and ready to go for the challenges.

“I believe I have always shown the same faith, commitment and belief in my players. I have worked very hard this season with our young players to become stronger.

“In the first 14 games we lost five and in the last 18 we lost none. That means the team has improved and that the team is on a good way.

“The most important thing is to be faithful to the vision we have of the game and to improve in life.

"There is nothing worse than feeling you are standing still. And this team is improving.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie's fitness test will shape the side

Robin van Persie’s fitness test on Wednesday morning will determine the Arsenal side against Villarreal later that day.

The Dutchman featured for the final half-hour at Wigan on Saturday but is still troubled by the groin problem he picked up playing for Scotland against Holland at the end of March. The striker’s success or failure to come through will shape Arsène Wenger’s team and maybe his formation for the Champions League Quarter-Final second leg.

William Gallas (knee), Johan Djourou (knee), Gael Clichy (back) have picked up injuries in the last two games so Wenger admits that he has little option in his backline. Mikael Silvestre will start his first game since January 3 and Kieran Gibbs, 19, will make his first Champions League start. Lukasz Fabianski will continue in goal after Manuel Almunia collected an ankle injury in the first leg while Andrey Arshavin is ineligible. Abou Diaby is in the squad after his thigh injury but is not expected to start.

“You don’t need a manager to pick the defence,” said Wenger at Tuesday’s press conference. "Gibbs has no experience and Alex Song has not played a lot at centre back. But at least we can have someone close to Gibbs who has experience [in Silvestre].

“After that we will see because Robin will have to test tomorrow morning with his groin and on that decision will depend all the rest.

“Diaby is just coming back. It was his first day in training today. He will be fit certainly for Saturday but for tomorrow he will be a bit short.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Our mental strength has surprised me

Arsenal’s mental strength this season has surprised even Arsène Wenger.

The manager and his young side were in the firing line earlier in the campaign after a number of defeats left their title hopes looking remote and did nothing to instil confidence for the other competitions.

However the team decided to dig in. Sometimes it was hardly the pretty, pretty football for which they are famous but, since Christmas, Wenger’s side have put together a run of two losses in 28 games in the Champions League, FA Cup and Premier League. Even those defeats - at Porto and Roma – mattered little in the wider context.

That sequence has all-but assured a top-four spot and over the next few days Arsenal can progress to the Champions League Semi-Final for only the second time in their history and the FA Cup Final for the first time in four years.

“Their mental strength this season was a positive surprise for me,” admitted Wenger ahead of the game with Villarreal on Wednesday.

“You can have children who are talented very early in their lives but you don’t know how they will respond with difficulties. But these young players they have shown they are mentally strong.

“When we lost five [Premier League] games in the first 14 you could not predict that we would not lose at all in the next 18. But we have improved quite quickly now it is the period of the season where we have to show that we are mature enough to deal with the type of challenges left in front of us.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Teen spirit will keep us together

The benefit of Arsène Wenger’s youth policy is many-fold.

It may have been based initially on the assumption money would be tight as Arsenal built Emirates Stadium. But when that fear passed, the manager was left with a cross-roads in his thinking.

Does he parachute in an abundance of top talent or allow the cream of his young crop to rise to the top?

He went for the latter. It was a longer road and one littered with pitfalls and traps. But, finally, it is paying off. Youngsters like Denilson, Alex Song, Johan Djourou, Kieran Gibbs, Carlos Vela and Nicklas Bendtner have all enhanced their reputations this term. Others, such as Gael Clichy, Bacary Sagna, Robin van Persie, Cesc Fabregas, Emmanuel Eboue and Emmanuel Adebayor, arrived some time ago without reputations at world level but have since made their mark.

Wenger argues building from the bottom up has given Arsenal a stable squad but also a team spirit that is hard to match.

That, he believes, will be crucial in keeping them together.

“We have worked very hard with these players to get them into the shape of a great team,” he said. “I believe that has to give them [a] taste to stay together.

“When we go for young players it is as well to get them to love the Club, love to be together and love to achieve together. A team sport is about that. It is about achieving something together in a positive human atmosphere.

“When you educate players it is to give them the taste of what football can give you in your life. Yes it is a good living but it is not only that, you can get that everywhere.

“You cannot get everywhere the feeling of that human experience that a team sport can give you.

“I know it is difficult to understand nowadays. But the needs of human beings are exactly the same as 50 years ago. The experiences that you had when you were a child or in a team will remain for the rest of your life.

“When players have grown as a team together it is something special.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal v Villarreal

UEFA Champions League, Emirates Stadium

Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 19:45

It is exam time for Arsène Wenger’s team of students.

They face a Spanish test tonight at Emirates Stadium then it is English on Saturday, with a bit of history thrown in, as they take on Chelsea in the FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley.

These games will shape Arsenal’s season and tell us much about the potential of this group of players. Everyone has marvelled at the footballing prodigies that have dropped off the Emirates Stadium production line in the last few years but surely, in the end, their success can only be truly measured in silverware – and Arsenal need a trophy after four barren years.

The manager believes the visit of Villarreal in the Champions League Quarter-Final second leg will be part of the process.

“For me the most important thing is that this team continues to develop and you show that in big games like this one,” he said.

“I believe that we will. But people don't realise how difficult that job is - every three days to turn up and be performing.

“It is really an exam every three days and until now we have done that very well and have been consistent. That is what I always respect most in this job.

“We have suffered a lot this season,” he went on. “But we have shown strong responses because we have grown from game to game. I have never seen any sign of ‘OK, we’re giving up’.

“There has always been a strong unit in there in training, a high focus. I want them to be rewarded and therefore we want to perform.”

The ball is firmly in Villarreal’s court this evening. That 1-1 draw in Spain last week leaves them having to do what only Karl Duguid of Plymouth and Nick Barmby of Hull have done in 12 games since Christmas – score at Emirates Stadium – to have any hope of going through.

Although Arsenal have not conceded a home goal in their five Champions League games this season, injuries collected at El Madrigal last week leave them stretched at the back.

Manuel Almunia (ankle), William Gallas (knee) and Gael Clichy (back) all picked up problems in Spain while Johan Djourou (knee) suffered a knock at Wigan on Saturday.

It leaves Wenger fielding Lukasz Fabianski, 23, in goal with Bacary Sagna, Kolo Toure, Mikael Silvestre - without a start since January 3 - and 19-year-old Kieran Gibbs as the back four.

Further forward there are fewer problems. Robin van Persie (groin) faced a fitness test on the morning of the game but Abou Diaby (thigh) will return, albeit it on the bench.

Villarreal suffered a major blow before the first leg when the highly-rated Santi Cazorla broke his leg. This weekend they lost Marcos Senna, their midfield powerhouse, with a hamstring problem.

The Spaniard scored from distance for the Yellow Submarine last Tuesday as the home side swarmed all over Arsenal. The second half was quite the reverse but Wenger expects a more even contest tonight.

“It is a Quarter-Final of the Champions League and so it will be a fierce contest - physically, commitment, quality-wise,” said the Frenchman.

“I believe it will be a quality game because the two teams have technical quality. That came out in the first game.

“And I think their approach will be the same as they have in the first leg. They will play with the advantage of the first result, meaning they are in a position where they have to score. It should be an open game because we are in a position where we want to score, they are in a position where they have to score. So it will be an interesting game.”

It did not turn out that way last time. In 2006, Arsenal held a slender advantage from the Quarter-Final first leg at Highbury then somehow managed to defend it at Villarreal. That was a tense, ugly 0-0 that will only be remembered for Jens Lehmann’s last-minute penalty save and the emotion of making the Champions League Final for the first time.

Wenger would happily take the same result tonight however the sort of performance is hardly in his planning.

“Yes that would do, as we want to qualify,” said the 59-year-old. “But we do not go in with that intention.

“However the unpredictability of the game is that you can play 1000 years football and nobody can say what will happen. It can be a fantastic open game, or a boring 0-0 even if we don't go into that game with that idea.

“However I believe we want to go into the game with a positive attitude because we just want to win it. It is very dangerous otherwise.”

Villarreal’s Knockout Round tie just goes to prove that. Panathinaikos also took a 1-1 draw back to Greece for the second leg but set out their team to preserve their advantage and were beaten 2-1.

“They played a 0-0 and in the end were caught,” said Wenger. “If you start like you do not want to play, then you do have to play it is difficult to get into that mode to switch on. It does not work like that.

“We have had 0-0s at home in the second leg. It happened to us against Real Madrid [at Highbury in 2006]. We won 1-0 away and we drew 0-0 at home, but we did not play that night and it was a very competitive game. Of course after 80mins if it is 0-0, you can say what you want to your players, they will stay at the back!

“At Villarreal in the next round it was even worse. We won 1-0 at home and at half-time in the second leg I encouraged the team to play and it was like they said: 'No chance!'”

Wenger was grinning broadly as he recalled a rare moment of Arsenal playing ‘anti-football’.

His mood late tonight will be determined by the result but chastened by the type of performance his side puts in.

The manager, of course, will accept another straight forward C-grade pass in this evening’s examination. After all it would secure only Arsenal’s second ever Champions League Semi-Final.

But Wenger being Wenger he’ll urge his side to look for merit marks even though the pressure is on.

Either way, it is going to be tense.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We need an on-song Adebayor

When Emmanuel Adebayor is on song, he has no bigger fan than Arsène Wenger.

The Togolese striker is expected to lead the line for Arsenal when they welcome Villarreal to Emirates Stadium tonight for the second leg of their Champions League Quarter-Final. Adebayor has already left his indelible mark on the tie with a spectacular scissors kick to secure a 1-1 draw at El Madrigal eight days ago.

Adebayor has scored three times in two starts since returning from a two-month injury lay-off and has shown glimpses of the form which took him within an ace of the Golden Boot last term. Wenger believes he brings a great deal to the Arsenal side.

"I am always a bit cautious to talk about [whether he has the potential to be the world's best striker]," said the Frenchman. "But when he is on form he is a striker I like.

"He has that combination of physical strength, technical quality and a determined attitude. I believe he is a needed presence in the middle - like [Nicklas] Bendtner.

"I think he will stay. He has a long-term contract. I feel I gave you an answer really a few weeks ago. We have to focus on our short-term [goals] and win the next game and what happens in the summer is not so important."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'Senna is a massive loss for Villarreal'

Although the majority of people agree that Arsenal have the upper hand in their Champions League Quarter-Final against Villarreal, only the narrowest minority think the Yellow Submarine have already sunk.

Eight days ago the Spaniards took the lead through Marcos Senna at El Madrigal but saw Emmanuel Adebayor’s spectacular volley swing the pendulum back towards Arsenal.

Villarreal have since lost Senna to a hamstring injury but will travel to Emirates Stadium with little fear and everything to play for.

Once again we caught up with Inigo Gurruchaga of El Correo for an in-depth look at Arsenal’s opponents, the impact of Senna’s loss and a comparison between the Premier League and La Liga.

FOCUS - THE STORY SO FAR

STORY SO FAR
“It’s a subjective thought whether they deserved more or not - the only thing that matters is the final result. They cannot say that Arsenal don’t deserve their draw; any team who can produce a movement that ends with their striker scoring that goal deserves something.

“I think the game was good enough for both sides and in the end it was a typical first leg of a Champions League Quarter Final with everyone trying to preserve their clean sheet. I don’t think anyone has room for complaints.”

FOCUS - THE EMIRATES EFFECT

EMIRATES EFFECT
“I think it would be very silly to think that Villarreal will come to the Emirates with the idea that they are out of the competition. I think that their 2-0 defeat at home to Malaga in La Liga at the weekend shows you that the team have their eye on this match with Arsenal.

“They are going to go for victory at the Emirates, probably for some players generationally it is their last chance to play a Champions League Semi Final too. I don’t think anyone at Villarreal is silly enough to think they’ll go to Emirates Stadium and win easily but they will try to play their game and it depends on the night’s events.”

FOCUS - SADLY MISSED

SADLY MISSED
“Senna is a massive loss, especially alongside Santi Cazorla who will also be badly missed. It’s not easy to replace two internationals just like that so it might be a big one. It’s obvious to me that Pellegrini is a very clever man and he’ll be trying to protect the goal with or without Senna.

“With Arsenal in the driving seat, Villarreal will have to open themselves at some point during the game. When they do that they will find that there’s one big hole in there that Senna would have filled. Also, as Manuel Almunia discovered, he has a very mean shot on him too. He’s a complete player and he’s very much the hub of their team – equivalent to Cesc Fabregas I would say.”

FOCUS - TALKING TACTICS

TALKING TACTICS
“It’s very difficult to make a judgement on tactics when the matches are poised in this way. We have seen managers going either one of two ways. For example Rafael Benitez would go for a bombardment in this situation, especially in the first 15-20 minutes. I think that’s very tempting for Pellegrini. It’s a very risky thing and I think he’s very aware of Arsenal’s youth and extraordinary power. They will last the 90 minutes in full flow. I think it’s very difficult to call but are Villarreal dreaming of playing attacking football? No way. I’m sure the manager has a few doubts about how to do it but it has always been like that - you have to make your decision.”

FOCUS - REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL

REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL
“I think that everyone agrees that the Premier League has become the major force in world football. The four top teams are just extraordinary really. In Spain, Real Madrid and Barcelona have always been praised but there are other teams who have reached the latter stages in Europe. Valencia occasionally do well in the cups, Sevilla are very successful. Espanyol have done well at the Uefa level too. And now we have this surprise of Villarreal, a very small town, doing wonderful things with a good manager. I think there have always been other good teams in Spanish football.”

FOCUS - SILENCING THE CRITICSSILENCING THE CRITICS
“What has changed in the last few years in Spain, the game has become cleaner – it used to be quite dirty, negative and it made it difficult for teams to compete. Physically the teams are better prepared, perhaps as a result of the influx of international players from all over the place. Then there are all the Latin-American players who have come to Spain as well because of the money involved.

“If we are doing a comparison between La Liga and the Premier League – when you see some of the technical ball skills of the Spanish players, you don’t see that reproduced in England. But Juande Ramos made a valid point when he said ‘I would like to see them try and do their technical stuff at the speed of the Premier League’.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Ibagaza - We will be very dangerous tonight

Ariel Ibagaza and Villarreal will not be cowed at Emirates Stadium tonight.

The Argentine playmaker caused Arsenal plenty of problems at El Madrigal eight days ago but was left frustrated after Emmanuel Adebayor's stunning scissors kick forced a 1-1 draw in the first leg of their Champions League Quarter-Final.

Arsenal's fightback means Villarreal are underdogs ahead of tonight's decisive match but Ibagaza expects the Yellow Submarine to rise to the occasion.

"We are coming to a very nice stadium and we hope that we’ll play a typical match for Villarreal and hopefully we’ll qualify," he said.

"We are not scared but we do respect Arsenal. We know they have very good players from the midfield to the forwards. But I think if we play our football we can qualify.

"I think in the second half [of the first leg] Arsenal played very well. I think we played well in the first half, we had chances to score a second goal but we didn’t. We are going to try and play with the ball on the ground and be very dangerous.

"I am not a protagonist, I think the team will play very well. I don’t mind who scores for our team I just want to qualify."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Gibbs’ Cup experience is invaluable

Arsène Wenger hopes Kieran Gibbs can draw upon his domestic Cup experience when he makes his full Champions League debut against Villarreal.

In the continued absence of Gael Clichy, 19-year-old Gibbs looks set to keep his place on the left of Arsenal’s defence against the Yellow Submarine on Wednesday night.

Wenger has long championed the blooding of his young players in the Carling Cup and the manager thinks that the left-back is a prime example of the strategy’s rewards.

“That’s where you see you are happy that you play these boys in the Carling Cup because they’ve played in games,” explained the Frenchman at Tuesday’s press conference.

“For example when we played against Wigan on Saturday he had already played against [Antonio] Valencia in the Carling Cup.

“I will trust Gibbs because he is an intelligent boy,”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 3-0 Villarreal bluebang

UEFA Champions League, Emirates Stadium

Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 19:45

* Walcott 10,
* Adebayor 60,
* Van Persie 69 (pen)

Arsenal fans are daring to dream.

Their side reached the Champions League Semi-Final for only the second time in their history on a wonderful Wednesday night at Emirates Stadium.

The tie was delicately poised at kick-off. Arsenal were in the driving seat having grabbed that useful 1-1 draw at Villarreal last week.

However the job was far from done.

And they went at the work with gusto tonight. Theo Walcott shovelled a shot over Villarreal keeper Diego Lopez in the 10th minute.

On the hour Emmanuel Adebayor steered home a crucial second and, nine minutes later, Robin van Persie rammed home from the spot after Walcott had been fouled in the area.

Sebastian Eguren received a second yellow card for protesting the penalty. It was a sad end to Villarreal’s involvement in this tie.

This had been 180 minutes of pure football played between two sides with a similar philosophy. However, right now, this Arsenal side are irresistible.

A season of desperate lows and fierce criticism could just end in historic fashion.

Wenger’s side now face the considerable mite of Manchester United in the Semi-Finals.

The main talking point in the press box when the team-sheet came out was the absence of Bacary Sagna. Apparently the right back had picked up a virus overnight so Emmanuel Eboue deputised.

It meant that only Kolo Toure was first-choice in the defensive five. Manuel Almunia (ankle), William Gallas (knee) and Gael Clichy (back) had hurt themselves in the first leg of this tie. Johan Djourou damaged his knee on Saturday.

Fit-again Mikael Silvestre was making his first start since January 3 and left back Kieran Gibbs had never been on from the start in a Champions League tie. Van Persie passed a fitness test on his groin to start up front alongside Adebayor.

Samir Nasri and Walcott were either side of Alex Song and Cesc Fabregas in midfield. Denilson dropped to the bench where he joined the returning Eduardo and Abou Diaby.

For their part, Villarreal had lost Santi Cazorla before the home tie and the influential Marcos Senna at the weekend. However, unlike last week, Manuel Pellegrini named Robert Pires in his starting line-up.

The former Arsenal midfielder was still applauding a richly-deserved ovation from the home fans when the game kicked off.

The pace had been relenting from the off at El Madrigal last week and it was exactly the same this evening.

Only this time both sides were at it.

Eight days ago Villarreal bossed the first half only for Arsenal to take over after the break. Tonight it was more level in the opening stages but the home side would take a 10th-minute lead.

Before that, Walcott’s low cross was missed by Gonzalo Rodriguez at the near post and Fabregas collected before clipping a cross to Van Persie who nodded over.

At the other end, Giuseppe Rossi’s deep free-kick was volleyed straight at Fabianski by Diego Godin at the far post.

Fabregas then reached the byline and cut the ball back to Adebayor who twisted into space but could not quite control the ball.

Both sides were full of pace and passing but Arsenal had the edge in both departments and would deserve their lead.

Fabregas touched on a right-wing pass from Eboue and Godin slipped to allow Walcott clear into the channel. It was one-on-one but the England winger still had options to his left.

He decided to go it alone and was proved right. He expertly scooped a shot over Diego Lopez and the ball seemed to hang for an eternity before dropping into the far side of the net.

Pires’ shot deflected dangerously wide in the 16th minute and Bruno had an effort blocked shortly afterwards.

Despite that Arsenal were still the better side. Adebayor saw a header clutched on the line by Lopez and then fell foul of the offside flag a couple of minutes later as Arsenal continued to create.

On the half-hour, they thought they had scored again. Mati Fernandez hauled down Fabregas just outside the Villarreal area and Van Persie’s fast, dipping free-kick was palmed out by Lopez at the far post.

Adebayor was quick to pounce and nodded the ball goalward, the backtracking Pires inadvertently chested it further towards the net only for Rodriguez to hack it off the line.

Arsenal claimed the goal but replays proved referee Wolfgang Stark had called correctly.

Fernandez planted a tame free-kick into the hands of Fabianski towards the interval but, in truth, another Arsenal goal seemed the more likely.

Adebayor nearly profited in the six-yard area after Van Persie had pressured Rodriguez into an error and then the Togolese striker failed to capitalise following fine work from Eboue and Walcott down the right.

But Villarreal were very much in the game and saved arguably their best chance of the half for injury time. Fernandez fired over a corner and Godin smuggled a header just over bar.

Both the crowd and the players needed the interval. It had been a breathless first half but it was Arsenal who had the crucial advantage.
All they had to hold on.

But, then, that is not the Arsenal way is it?

The start of the second half was more of the same. Villarreal were purposeful and precise but they were playing a passing game that Wenger’s has distilled to perfection at this Club down the years.

It was the Sorcerers versus the Apprentices.

On the hour, Van Persie pirouetted into space on the edge of the area and measured a pass to Adebayor on the left of the area. The striker prodded his shot past Lopez and into the far corner. It was his 16th goal of the season, his sixth in six Champions League starts this season and the cue for pandemonium at Emirates Stadium.

Four Arsenal players – Adebayor, Eboue, Silvestre and Song - danced by the corner flag. Even Arsène Wenger could not resist a jig on the touchline.

It was the crucial goal and afterwards Villarreal began to unravel.

Godin clipped Walcott close to the right-hand byline and the referee pointed to the spot. It was a soft spot-kick to concede and Eguren’s protests earned him a second yellow card plus a red for free.

Van Persie hammered the penalty home all the gusto and confidence displayed his team on the night.

Arsenal were in the Semi-Finals.

With that in mind, Wenger brought on Nicklas Bendtner and Diaby. The latter came closest to adding a fourth when he dragged his drive across the face of goal.

The home crowd were now in celebratory mood. As is tradition, Rocky Rocastle was remembered insong but so was Pires.

This was of course the farewell he had wanted after his last Arsenal appearance had seen him subbed in the Champions League Final of 2006.

Quite rightly he was afforded a hero’s farewell as he left the pitch.

Pires’s old side might just be heading back to the Final this year.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'Our passing and pace caused many problems'

On 'playing to win' against Villarreal...
"I announced before the game that we would play to win and you could see that with the team we had out. It was a very offensive team and we did it in a convincing way against a team who kept the ball well. But every time we won the ball back, we used our passing and our pace and caused them a lot of problems with that.

"I believe that I was more impressed by the quality of our game and overall the speed of our game. Overall I believe against Villarreal who have a very good techincal level, we gave them problems where they didn't like it. That means going in behind them with the ball and being very explosive in our counter-attacking. We did that very well."

On the confidence levels in the squad...
"We have confidence and that is down to the slow progress we have accumulated from game to game in the championship. Confidence transfers from one competition to the other thats why we cannot choose any competition and just want to play well in every single competition."

On Emmanuel Adebayor and Theo Walcott's goals...
"In the first half sometimes I think he was a bit affected mentally because he was a few times offiside But now he is strong mentally and he just kept going and scored a great goal in the second half.

"Theo's finishing - he is now calm in front of goal. The way he finished last week at Wigan and this week in a Champions League game shows that he will score goals."

On Emmanuel Eboue stepping in for Bacary Sagna...
"Sagna was sick and he has played many games as well so we decided to send him home and rest him today, I knew that had Eboue who is as well very good and can play midfield, or right-back or anywhere."

On the prospect of facing Man United in the Semi-Final...
"I believe that both teams produce always very exciting games. Both teams like to go forward so it will be a promising Semi-Final. We are up for the challenge and it will be very interesting. It is always difficult to play an English team because of their quality. Psychologically it is not difficult but at the moment I believe that if you want to go far you have to play an English team at some stage.

"Tonight I would first like to enjoy qualification. The history always has a little part to play. We are in a cup competition now over 180 minutes and what is important is the form of the day. You have two teams with the same programme. Both are in the semi-finals of the FA Cup, both have a game in hand to play the week after. I believe that the form of the day and how much we can manage to be physically well on the day will have a big impact."

On playing the Semi-Final second leg at Emirates Stadium...
"It depends on the first result. We always go in the first game to try to score so let's play the first game. I believe that if you have to finish the game off it is a little advantage to have the game at home. Statistically it is significant in a big way - it is maybe 55 against 45 and in England - and in England it is even less significant because we know each other so well."

On dealing with the early-season defeats...
"I never doubted but when you dont win the game you wonder if you are right. I was always convinced but I was more worried about the confidence and the belief of a very young side. It is mentally very difficult when they do not win the games because its a bit more fragile than guys who have a big history behind them and have already gone through difficult periods. I was more worried about the mental side about what happened at the start of the season but they have dealt with that very well. This group is mentally strong."

On the 'ultimate test' against Man United...
"It is a test, but it is a challenge which we relish and we are excited about that. Before Man United, the most important is the Chelsea game. We have to focus on the short-term targets, and that is now Chelsea for us. I would not like to speculate on any weakness of Man United. We expect them to be strong on the day they play against us, and that should encourage us to be at our best and that is how we will try to play the game.

"We have games before we play Man United, so let's try to continue our run, and start with Chelsea. We are still super-outsiders."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - We can beat anybody in the world

Emmanuel Adebayor believes that Arsenal can beat any team in the world on current form.

The Togo striker scored his fourth goal in three starts as Villarreal were brushed aside in the Champions League on Wednesday night. Arsenal’s 4-1 aggregate win set up a tasty Semi-Final clash with Manchester United but, in the more immediate future, Chelsea lie in wait in the FA Cup Semi-Final on Saturday.

Adebayor is bracing himself for arguably the two toughest tests of the season but he is backing Arsenal to prevail.

“I know Man United already and they know us, so it will be quite an interesting game for the fans and all the people who love football,” he said.

“We know it will be tough to play against them, we know how good they are, but we will be ready for that.

“The Chelsea game is first and our confidence is very high. We played quite well against Villarreal.

“We know how strong Chelsea are so we have to get the ball down and play our own football. But we showed we can beat any team in the world if we play our football.

“I was the main striker so it was important to get a goal on Wednesday. The three main forwards all scored and that’s good for our confidence.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Walcott – Teams are scared of us right now

Theo Walcott thinks Arsenal are a team to fear in the Champions League.

The England star was in blistering form on Wednesday night and broke the deadlock with a delightful chip as Arsène Wenger’s side beat Villarreal 3-0 at Emirates Stadium.

That win was Arsenal’s eighth in their last 10 games and set up a mouthwatering Semi-Final against Manchester United. Walcott’s pace and trickery ran Villarreal ragged and he is hoping to have a similar effect on the European champions.

“Everyone is buzzing and that’s the feeling we want to get on the pitch,” he said.

“As soon as we walk on the pitch we want teams to be scared of us. That’s what we’re getting at the moment.

“We’ve got a great chance [of going through to the Final] and the result tonight showed that. Hopefully other clubs will be scared of us.

“It will be very difficult against Man United. We play them in the Premier League quite regularly and we do well against them but they are probably the best team in the world.

“We will find it tough but if we dig in and play like we did tonight I’m sure we will be fine.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Pires - Those great fans did not forget me

Robert Pires was “touched and moved” by the ovation he received at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday evening.

The Frenchman was part of a Villarreal side well-beaten by Arsenal on the night but the Champions League tie also served as the “goodbye” the midfielder craved after ending a stellar six-year spell in north London in 2006.

He was cheered as he warmed up and, when walking off the pitch afterwards, Pires’ name rang around the stadium. It was clearly appreciated by former Gunner Pires.

“Personally, I wasn’t expecting such a warm and an amazing welcome from the Arsenal fans,” he said afterwards.

“It shows how great the Arsenal fans are and that they don’t forget their former players. I was really touched and moved by their ovation and the fact that they were singing my name.”

Pires had a decent first-half chance to level the match on the night - and the tie overall - but his shot deflected wide. However the 35-year-old believes Villarreal missed their opportunity last week in Spain.

And, despite the domination of English side, he says threat of the remaining La Liga side will be serious.

“We have some regrets from the first leg where we could have scored more goals and made a bigger difference,” said Pires.

“That’s where we missed the chance to go through. But tonight, Arsenal was too strong for us. Physically, we responded – something we didn’t do in the first leg - but they managed to score more than us.

“We have been saying for years now that the English League is the best in the world. They have their way of doing things and they always have [strong] results.

“England always have the same clubs in the last four of the Champions League which shows that the way they are playing football is, for me, the best but they should watch out for Barcelona.

“They are the only ones left that will try to break the English domination.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas - Trophy would be dream come true

Cesc Fabregas admits that lifting a trophy as Arsenal captain would top everything he has already achieved in football.

The Euro 2008 winner took a significant step towards making his dream a reality when he helped Arsenal secure a 4-1 aggregate win over Villarreal on Wednesday night.

Fabregas spent four months on the sidelines after suffering medial knee ligament damage in December but is back for the business end of the season. And for the skipper, taking care of business means getting his hands on some silverware.

“[I think about it] every day,” he said.

“It would be the best thing that ever happened to me to lift a trophy in an Arsenal shirt. It’s a dream for me but we still need to work really hard to finally get there.

“It is all about winning now. We may not have the experience of Manchester United and Chelsea but we have the illusion, the confidence and the excitement to play Finals like the FA Cup and the Champions League and we will try and do as much as we can to be there.”

Man United are next up for Arsenal in the Champions League while Chelsea await the Gunners in the last four of the FA Cup this weekend. Fabregas has no reason to fear either opponent.

“We are not scared of anything, the way we play shows it all. We always try and play forward, we are direct, we are aggressive playing in the counter-attacks. I think for such a young age it is quite unbelievable, and we will try to do the same thing against Chelsea and against Man United.

“We are in a very good position that three months ago we would be praying to be in. We have to enjoy it, for sure it would be a disappointment if we do not get to the Final or win. What we have achieved is good but the Semi-Final is not good enough; we want to be in the Final.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Chelsea 2-1 Arsenal sadsmilie

The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON, Wembley Stadium

Saturday, April 18, 2009, 17:15

* Malouda 34,
* Drogba 84

* Walcott 18

Arsenal must look to Europe for their final chance of silverware this season after their FA Cup hopes were dashed by Chelsea at Wembley.

Theo Walcott fired Arsenal ahead after 18 minutes, just as he had when these sides met in the Carling Cup Final two years ago.

Unfortunately, history continued to repeat itself as Chelsea came from behind to win. Florent Malouda levelled matters just after the half-hour and Didier Drogba, the matchwinner in Cardiff in 2007, scored the decisive goal with six minutes left.

Chelsea will be back here on May 30 to contest the FA Cup Final. Arsenal, meanwhile, will pin their hopes on the Champions League. That two-legged Semi-Final against Manchester United now takes on even greater significance.

Arsène Wenger’s major concern ahead of the game centred around his back four and, more specifically, whether he would actually have a quartet of fit defenders. In the event Kieran Gibbs passed a late fitness test on a groin problem to take his place at left back while Emmanuel Eboue continued to deputise for Bacary Sagna, still suffering from a virus.

The manager sprang a surprise further forward. Andrey Arshavin, whom many expected to start, was among the substitutes as Wenger opted to stiffen his midfield with Denilson and Abou Diaby. Alex Song and Samir Nasri, both starters in midweek, also dropped to the bench.

Considering they contested four of the six FA Cup Finals held at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium while the new Wembley was under construction, it’s something of a surprise that it has taken Arsenal almost three years to grace this venue. Fans of Doncaster, Yeovil, Luton, Rochdale and Scunthorpe already have a Wembley appearance under their belts but Arsenal’s red-and-white hoards made up for lost time with colourful, noisy support from their end of the stadium.

Wenger’s side may have waited a while to play here but they wasted no time in imposing themselves on the game. Walcott enjoyed a couple of threatening runs down the right as Chelsea were forced back from the first whistle.

For all that, Arsenal nearly trailed as early as the fourth minute. Lukasz Fabianski raced out of his box to deal with a long diagonal ball in behind his back four but was beaten in the air by Drogba. Gibbs scurried back to clear off the line, much as he did at Wigan a week ago.

Before the match Wenger aired his concerns about the Wembley pitch, perceived to be a pale imitation of it predecessor’s hallowed turf. The Frenchman had a point - the surface cut up quickly and did nothing to help either side’s passing game.

Indeed, one uneasy pass almost cost the Gunners dearly. Frank Lampard intercepted Denilson’s tentative prod and found Drogba racing through the left channel. Fabianski plucked his low cross out of the air.

For all their possession Arsenal had not extended the Pole’s opposite number by this point, but after 18 minutes they found the breakthrough. Emmanuel Adebayor’s clever pass from the left touchline picked out Gibbs’ run into the box and Walcott met his deep cross with a first-time effort which found the corner via Ashley Cole’s hand and Petr Cech’s fingertips.

The goal settled any remaining Arsenal nerves on and off the pitch but their lead would last just 14 minutes. Once again a deep crossfield ball caused problems and this time Malouda took advantage, cutting inside Eboue and firing low inside Fabianski’s near post.

Four minutes later it almost got a lot worse. Diaby was caught in possession inside his own box and Nicolas Anelka fizzed a low shot against the Fabianski’s far post.

Chelsea scented blood; Arsenal looked nervy. They needed to regroup and, in truth, the half-time whistle was a welcome one.

The break seemed to do the Gunners good. Within minutes of the restart Adebayor had lashed a presentable chance wide and then almost got on the end of a teasing delivery from Van Persie.

Kolo Toure’s vital challenge denied Lampard a gilt-edged chance at the other end but the momentum was with Arsenal and Van Persie twice went close just after the hour mark. First the Dutchman was inches away from converting a Walcott cross, then he lashed a shot just over the angle from the edge of the box.

That was pretty much Van Persie’s last meaningful action; Arshavin replaced him with 15 minutes left. Nicklas Bendter replaced Adebayor five minutes later. Before either had a chance to influence the game, Chelsea were ahead. A long ball over the top sent Drogba clear and he side-stepped the onrushing Fabianski before sliding the ball into an empty net.

It was a sickening way to succumb after Arsenal had enjoyed their fair share of the possession and the chances. But they could respond as Chelsea closed the game out.

This hurt, but the season is not over. Man United and Barcelona will beg to differ but Arsenal could yet have their revenge - in the Champions League Final.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'We didn't have our usual fluency today'

On the goals that were conceded...
"The disappointment of the day is that we gave two cheap goals away, and in a game of that level it has a bad outcome, especially with seven minutes to go. It was a big blow. The two teams looked jaded physically, maybe us a bit more than them.

"We missed a few opportunities on crosses in the second half, and were unlucky in the last minute. They had one or two chances, but it looked like it would go to extra time, until we gave a goal away that you should not at this level."

On the pitch...
"I believe for Chelsea it was tough as well. It is not a pitch you should have in a stadium that cost this amount of money. It is laughable. The quality of the pitch is a disaster."

On rotating his squad...
"Alex Song has played many games and I believe when you do that you need rest. I am not sure he would have stopped the ball in the air on the second goal, but it is difficult. We know they are dangerous on set-pieces and we are a bit short. Plus they have some tall boys who make it physical in midfield and we needed a player like Diaby to be capable of fighting against them.

"As well I wanted to rotate it a bit because Nasri was sick last week and he looked a bit tired. We played with three strikers – Theo, Robin and Adebayor – and I couldn’t play with four when they had three in midfield.

"I believe we are team with eight games in 24 days and you cannot imagine to play every game with exactly the same players."

On making late substitutions...
"You must consider you could go to extra time and we had one or two players who were short – Silvestre and Gibbs at half-time – so if you make the change earlier you could have played with 10 men."

On Didier Drogba...
"He is a winner, and he scores in big games. I feel we made it a little easier for him, but he never stops, he is always focussed. Look at the amount of goals he scores in big games, you can only say he is a great player. He dives sometimes a little bit too much but he is a winner."

On Fabianski's performance...
"It will damage his confidence because he will feel a little bit guilty, but you cannot blame any individual. You want the whole team to focus and respond quickly against Liverpool; we have them, Middlesbrough and the Champions League Semi-Final. We have to respond very quickly.

"I believe that he is still a great goalkeeper, although perhaps it was not his best of games today."

On the midfield battle...
"I feel in midfield it was more physical today and we didn't have our usual fluency. They made it physical and the pitch slowed it down. Cesc tried very hard but overall it was a scrappy game."

On Van Persie's substitution...
"Yes it was a groin problem. I don’t know if he will be out for Tuesday because I haven’t spoken to the medical team."

On Walcott's performance...
"Theo was always a threat today and he always gave you hope he could give you something special. He is developing very well as a player. Now he gets in front of full-backs and gets goals, which is a very good sign as he is still very young."

On moving forward...
"We have a bigger target now in front of us, which is the Champions League, and of course the Championship - we want to come back as close as possible, and stay fourth. We have big targets."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure: We’ll put Wembley heartbreak behind us

Kolo Toure will put Saturday’s FA Cup heartbreak to the back of his mind as Arsenal target success in the Premier League and Europe.

The Ivorian defender played 90 minutes at Wembley as Arsenal succumbed to a late Didier Drogba strike after Theo Walcott’s volley had been cancelled out by Florent Malouda before half time.

It was a cruel end to a fine FA Cup run that saw the Gunners score 12 goals and concede only twice in their five games before the Semi-Final.

But, despite the disappointment, there are still reasons to be cheerful for Arsène Wenger’s young side. They lead fifth-placed Aston Villa by seven points, with a game in hand and a far-superior goal difference, and they face Manchester United in the Champions League Semi-Final first leg at the end of the month.

According to Toure, Saturday’s defeat can galvanise the team for their remaining challenges and he’s confident that the youthful Gunners can emerge stronger from their disappointment.

"We just have to put all this to the back now and focus on the next game,” he said. "Our target is now the League and Europe.

"The good thing is that we only have a couple of days to get this loss off our back. We will head to Liverpool on Tuesday and look to get the three points.

"This can be just the start for this team, because there are some really good players coming through. The season started really badly, but we have come back very well. We hope to keep going now and improve the way we are playing.

“You can only learn from these types of games, because they are so intense. When you make some mistakes, they can cost you, which is what happened against Chelsea.

"We will just have to try not to do that again."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Wembley pitch is an embarrassment

Arsène Wenger does NOT blame the Wembley pitch for Arsenal's FA Cup exit but he thinks the playing surface is an "embarrassment" to England's national stadium.

The Frenchman aired his concerns ahead of the FA Cup Semi-Final against Chelsea when he suggested that the new Wembley pitch is a pale imitation of the old ground's hallowed turf. Wenger saw nothing on Saturday to change his opinion as an uneven surface undermined the passing games of both sides.

After the game, the Arsenal manager questioned why the world's most expensive stadium - costing just shy of £800 million - does not have a world-class pitch.

"I don't think we have lost because of the pitch," said Wenger. "But it is really embarrassing. When you see how much this stadium has cost and you still can't get a proper football pitch. Somebody must give an explanation."

"I am not sure the pop concerts [held at Wembley] are an answer [to the pitch's condition]. This pitch was never good since the start."

Seite 28 von 41 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von pik7 - 19/04/2024 08:55
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 05/04/2024 20:19
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
19 members (Bambi, Hackentrick, AllesSuper, Haiefan, ghk225, dragoon, Bartho01, Flip160, grottenoli, Gamera), 2,686 Gäste, und 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 101
pik7 49
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,439
Beiträge121,298
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM