bet365
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 31 von 41 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - Man United are unstoppable

Emmanuel Adebayor believes Manchester United are unstoppable.

Early goals from Ji-Sung Park and Cristiano Ronaldo in Tuesday night’s Champions League Semi-Final put the holders 3-0 up on aggregate effectively securing their place in Rome with only 11 minutes on the clock.

Ronaldo doubled his night’s tally just past the hour mark by ending a sweeping counter-attack with an emphatic finish. Robin van Persie did hammer home a consolation penalty 15 minutes from time but it was much too little, far too late.

After the game, Adebayor’s evaluation of the European champions was simple.

“They are one of the best - I don’t think anyone can stop them,” the striker declared.

“They are champions at the moment and the best team in Europe. They won it last season and this season they are in the Final.

“They are playing good football and they showed last night on a half mistake they are ready to punish you. I think that’s what they did quite well last night.”

Adebayor, who has scored 16 goals this season compared to 30 last term, suggested that Arsenal might have lacked a cutting edge this term. However, the striker is determined to make up for lost time in 2009/10.

“You can see the way we played last season with pass and movement,” he explained. “Every game we created maybe four or five chances and this isn’t true this season which is quite difficult.

“We have got three more games to go but to be honest it has been a very difficult season for me.

“Now we have to focus on what we do best. This season was a little bit difficult for everyone, for the Club, for myself so you just have to, with a few more games to go, play for our dignity, show character and hopefully come back.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure - Man United are a cut above the rest

Manchester United are a cut above the rest of the Premier League, according to Kolo Toure.

The Ivory Coast defender was on the receiving end of United's attacking power on Tuesday night as Arsenal lost 3-1 at Emirates Stadium to crash out of the Champions League.

Sir Alex Ferguson's men were undoubtedly the better team over the two legs of their Semi-Final tie and many observers put their supremacy down to big-match experience and physical strength. Toure admits that Arsenal are still growing as a team but he believes they will close the gap on their European conquerors.

"I think they [Man United] are the best at the moment," admitted Toure.

"They have really experienced players, they are really strong physically, they are tactically fanstastic. I think they are good defensively as well.

"But when you see the first five minutes of the game you could see it was not so far between the teams. We put pressure on them and we could have scored with Cesc’s deflected shot. That can make the difference – whether you have luck or not.

"We have been together for a long time but we have not won trophies yet. When you win trophies it becomes like a habit for you. At this time we did not win anything and at the moment we do not know what is happening.

"But I think when we get the first trophy you will see more from Arsenal."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Nicklas Bendtner - An Official Statement

Nicklas Bendtner has made the following statement in relation to images of him outside a nightclub yesterday evening:

"I love this club and was so disappointed to lose against Manchester United last night. Reaching a Champions League Final is one of my biggest dreams and getting knocked out was a massive blow.

"However, no matter how disappointed I was, it does not excuse my behaviour later in the evening. I may be young but my actions were a poor error of judgment and something I deeply regret. I want to apologise to the Club and the fans for letting them and myself down.

"I cannot change the past but will learn from my mistakes. Tuesday night is behind me now and I want to use my energy to fully focus on our three remaining games this season, starting with Chelsea on Sunday."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Clichy will not play again this season

Gael Clichy’s season is over.

The full back has been absent with a back problem ever since the Champions League Quarter-Final first leg at Villarreal on April 7.

It was hoped the injury could have cleared up before the end of the season. But, having gone out in the Semi-Final at the hands of Manchester United on Tuesday, Arsène Wenger does not want to take any chances.

The 23-year-old will now rest up until pre-season training begins in July.

“It is finished [for Gael],” said Wenger. “We would have put a little pressure on the recovery period had we gone to the Champions League Final. But now we will not take a gamble.”

That was the bad news ahead of the game against Chelsea. The good news is that Arsenal picked up no injuries after their European exit. There is a slight doubt over Andrey Arshavin (flu) but the Russian is expected to feature.

“We have nobody really injured from Tuesday night," said Wenger. "Arshavin has some flu today so we sent him back home. But I believe he will be OK. So it will be the squad from Tuesday with Arshavin available.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Walcott signs a new long-term contract bluebang

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Theo Walcott has signed a new long term contract with the Club.

Walcott, who turned 20 in March, joined Arsenal from Southampton in January 2006, has already made a marked impression at the Club, racking up 103 appearances and scoring 14 goals.

Playing as a forward, or on either wing, Theo’s Arsenal career truly ignited in the second half of last season with a series of sparkling contributions underlining the progress he has made since joining the Gunners as a 16 year-old.

The searingly quick attacker burst into life with an excellent brace in the 7-0 win over Slavia Prague in October 2008, following a series of telling substitute appearances. His contributions last season also included his amazing run to set up Emmanuel Adebayor’s late goal in the Champions League Quarter-Final against Liverpool.

This season, although a shoulder injury interrupted his progress, Theo has been a regular in the first team, making 32 overall appearances, including 19 in the Premier League. During this campaign, he has scored six goals, including one in the FA Cup Semi-Final against Chelsea and his exquisite finish against Villarreal in the Champions League Quarter-Final.

Arsène Wenger said: “We are absolutely delighted that Theo has committed his long term future to Arsenal Football Club. Theo is an intelligent player with amazing ability and speed, and has developed extremely well this season. At still only 20 years of age, Theo has huge potential for the forthcoming years and we are all looking forward to see him grow even more in an Arsenal shirt.”

Walcott added: “I’m absolutely delighted to have signed a new long term contract. I’m so happy here and just want to say thanks to everyone who has helped me get to this point in my career. Together with the belief of my team mates, the boss and everyone on the staff, everyone has got behind me here at Arsenal which is brilliant.

“It’s fantastic to work with the best manager in the world and play at Emirates Stadium, which is an unbelievable place to play in. I just want to continue playing my football at this Club and look forward to many successful seasons ahead.”

Theo was earmarked as a young prodigy at Southampton when he became their youngest first team player at the age of 16 years and 143 days. He is also England’s youngest-ever International (17 years and 75 days, debuting against Hungary in May 2006), and was the youngest member of any squad at the 2006 World Cup. Additionally, he was named BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year in 2006.

Walcott, who now has six England caps, burst onto the international scene in September, when he scored a hat-trick in his country’s 4-1 victory over Croatia in a World Cup Qualifying match in Zagreb.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is looking forward to Theo’s continued contribution in the forthcoming years.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Walcott: 'We can definitely win trophies'

Theo Walcott spoke to Arsenal.com shortly after signing a new long-term contract with Arsenal. Read on for the full transcript of his interview.

Theo, how pleased are you to have signed a new contract with Arsenal Football Club?

I’m absolutely delighted. The hard work over the years and the belief of the team, the boss and everyone on the staff, everyone has got behind me which is brilliant and it’s a shame I’ve had some injuries this year but hopefully I just want to have unbelievable seasons to come and hopefully get some trophies on the table.

Does this show how happy and settled you are with your game right now?

Yes I’m absolutely delighted. The way the boss has managed all the team, the players he brings in just settle into the team straight away and just be part of it. It’s fantastic to work with the best manager in the world I’d say, and the stadium behind me is just an unbelievable place to play at as well and I just want to continue playing my football at this club.

You’ve been here just over three years, how much have you learnt from Arsène Wenger?

It’s like I said before, just the way he talks to people he gets the best out of players. The players he brings in they just settle in and deal with the football straight away – we’ve got the likes of Andrey who’s settled straight away and he’s done a fantastic job for us and hopefully he can be part of a winning team next year.

You’re still a very young player but you’ve been playing at the top for some time. How much more is there to come from Theo Walcott?

I’m going to put my head down, there’s still loads of hard work to do still and that’s all I can do. I’ve got to keep on working hard, try and get in that starting line up every game and score goals which I’ll be judged on at the end. The main thing is to win trophies and I think this club can definitely win them.

That’s what I wanted to ask, despite that result against Manchester United in the Champions League this week you’re confident that silverware is on its way to Emirates Stadium?

Yes it just shows, the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup and Semi-Finals of the Champions League it’s a great achievement for us. We probably were the underdogs going into both games but we showed great character. This team has definitely got the chance to win something, especially for the fans as well because they’ve been absolutely terrific for us this season. We want to do it for them mainly and it would be brilliant to look back on the amount of trophies and medals you’ve won.

And what about trophies, are you confident despite what happened against Manchester United that Arsenal can bring in some trophies very soon?

Yes definitely the likes that we’ve got in this team – Andrey Arshavin, Ade, Robin, Cesc – I could go through the whole team I don’t like picking individual players out. We’ve hopefully got more chance of a challenge this year in the Premier League. Like myself signing more players and show what we can do next year and win things

With that in mind of course it’s important to keep the side together over the summer, and your signing is a part of that process.

Yes, hopefully the likes of me and Robin and everyone else hopefully if they get sorted out, it shows the belief I’ve got in this team because this team can go very far. Like I’ve said before the character that we’ve got, from the Roma game especially, that stands out this year. No-one expected us to win the penalty shoot-out but I saw something special there. Every time I have a warm down I look around the team and see there are some really good players here and I want to be part of it and hopefully we can be right up there with Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool and have a great challenge for it next year.

And finally it’s understandable that the fans are a little bit down at the moment. Have you a message of support, a ‘chin up’ message for them at the moment?

Well it’s in the past now so we need to forget about this game and look forward to the future and we’ve got loads of big games coming up. Hopefully we can get that third position, we’ve still got to believe in that but I’m definitely ready for next season, next season’s going to be a big year for me and the Club and I’m ready for it.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 1-4 Chelsea

Barclays Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Sunday, May 10, 2009, 16:00

* Bendtner 70

* Alex 28,
* Anelka 39,
* Toure 49 (og),
* Malouda 86

This was a horrible end to a horrible week.

Having been knocked out of the Champions League at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday, Arsenal suffered their heaviest defeat on their ‘new’ ground when they went down 4-1 to Chelsea on Sunday.

This was the strangest of games. Arsène Wenger’s side were superb for much of the opening half-hour but were rocked on their heels when Alex nodded home Didier Drogba’s free-kick in the 28th minute. Nicolas Anelka scored another from distance shortly afterwards and, to add insult to injury, Kolo Toure turned the ball into his own net four minutes into the second half.

Nicklas Bendtner’s header raised remote hopes of a comeback in the 70th minute but Florent Malouda’s late tap-in gave the scoreline a skewed look given the balance of play.

Arguably Arsenal had created the better chances but certainly Chelsea had taken theirs more clinically.

This head-scratching defeat ended Wenger's 21-game unbeaten run in the Premier League and kills off the prospect of a third-place finish.

The League table does not lie but, rest assured, Arsenal will play worse and win next season.

And of course, next season now can’t come soon enough for everyone at Emirates Stadium.

Before kick-off, Wenger made three changes from the defeat to Manchester United in midweek.

Manuel Almunia had picked up an ankle problem - the same injury that had cost him a couple of games last month - so Lukasz Fabianski deputised.

Mikael Silvestre returned for Johan Djourou at centre back while, on the team-sheet at least, Abou Diaby replaced Emmanuel Adebayor. However it was Van Persie who deputised as the lone frontman.

Andrey Arshavin succumbed to the flu that had stopped him training on Thursday and Friday.

Chelsea had only one alteration from the side knocked out by Barcelona on Wednesday with John Obi Mikel coming into midfield for Michael Ballack.

Despite the changes, this game was still a barometre of the prevailing mood at the week’s Champions League losers.

Both teams had question marks against them given the nature of their European exits. But who had recovered quicker?

In the opening half-hour at least, the answer was most certainly Arsenal.

Within seconds of the first whistle, Theo Walcott drove through the middle only to see his effort go wide.

On 10 minutes, the England winger exchanged passes with Nasri before forcing Petr Cech in to a fine save at the near post.

Inbetween those efforts Samir Nasri had a momentary sight of goal and Cesc Fabregas drove through with intent.

In the 12th minute Walcott reached the right-hand byline and cut the ball back perfectly for the onrushing Diaby. The Frenchman prodded his effort beyond the far post when he should have scored.

Arsenal were clearly the superior side. Chelsea still seemed to have their minds on Wednesday night.

Frank Lampard’s flailing shot was as much as they could muster in the first quarter. They seemed overwhelmed by a barrage of Arsenal attacks.

In the 14th minute, Fabregas burst clear, forcing Cech to come out and smother. Then, in the best move of the game so far, Diaby snaked his way up the left and crossed low for Walcott at the far post. He elected to sidefoot the ball back where it had come from. Unfortunately the youngster got his angles slightly wrong and it sailed wide.

The sight of Guus Hiddink on the edge of his technical area smacked of concern. Midway through the half, Chelsea responded with the first clear effort on goal. Ashley Cole dribbled up the left and cut the ball back for Malouda to sweep a shot towards goal.

However it was still an isolated effort. Shortly afterwards Nasri’s free-kick was deflected high into the air and Diaby set up Alex Song to send a swivelling shot just past the post.

It seemed just a matter of time until there was a goal.

However you could not see it coming from Chelsea.

In the 28th minute Drogba won a foul 30 yards out. It was about the same position from which Cristiano Ronaldo had fired home that cruel free-kick on Tuesday. Yet again the referee’s decision was dubious but the execution exquisite. Drogba floated the ball towards Alex, who rose highest to power home a header off the bar.

There was a bitter irony in the Brazilian scoring that goal. Of course, Alex had inflicted a Champions League exit on Arsenal in 2007 when he had nodded a late equaliser into the same net for PSV in the Knockout Round second leg.

But whatever the backstory, a sucker-punch goal was the last thing Arsenal needed – or indeed deserved – this afternoon.

Incredibly, it was nearly 2-0 straightaway when Malouda sent Drogba clear. Fortunately, Toure dispossessed his Ivory Coast colleague at the crucial moment. Then Fabregas had Arsenal hearts in mouths. The captain had been booked for the foul that had led to the goal. On another day referee Phil Dowd might have given him a second when he sent Malouda tumbling in midfield.

Arsenal nearly got on level terms in the 36th minute when Fabregas reached the byline and his cross was backflicked towards goal by Van Persie at the near post. Jose Bosingwa booted the ball clear.

It was another well-crafted chance that lacked a finish. And this time Arsenal would be made to pay a heavy price.

Six minutes from the break, Anelka collected the ball in midfield with little on. With the Arsenal defence backing off, the Frenchman had time to advance and let fly.

This he did. His bending, swerving effort beat Fabianski and arrowed in the far corner.

It could have been 3-0 in first half injury time. Malouda’s pass found Anelka on the left and the former Arsenal striker fired low but Fabianski saved well with his legs.

As on Tuesday, Arsenal were 2-0 down at the break having been the better side before conceding the first goal. Only this time that period had been 28 minutes not just eight!

It had been a crazy turnaround of a first half but it would get even worse at the start of the second.

Four minutes in, Cole broke into space on the left and crossed low into the area. Toure was well aware of Drogba’s presence so he thrust out a leg to intercept. Unfortunately he only succeeded in diverting the ball past Fabianski and just inside the near post. A luckless own goal and sadly typically of Arsenal’s luck today.

However the home side were still creating chances. Before the hour, Fabregas had hurriedly volleyed wide at the near post and Walcott had fired beyond the far post when he had time to pick his spot.

By the time Bosingwa blazed over, Wenger had brought on Bendtner. In the 67th minute he threw his last two cards on the poker table – Adebayor for Walcott and Denilson for Song.

The effect was almost immediate. Bendtner reduced the arrears by burying Sagna’s deep cross with a firm header.

Cech also held the Dane’s effort on the line and Adebayor claimed a penalty after being bundled over by Bosingwa.

Arsenal were at least trying to stir themselves for the finale.

Van Persie then headed straight at Cech and, during a scramble, Gibbs and Toure both had efforts blocked.

With four minutes left, Arsenal thought they had another penalty when Adebayor was felled by Cech. Replays proved referee Dowd was correct not to give it.

Chelsea went up the other end and scored again. Malouda’s initial shot was saved by Fabianski but the ball fell to Anelka. His angled shot cannoned back off the base of the post straight to the Frenchman who stabbed home from point-blank range.

An unfortunate goal really but this was a day when nothing had gone for Arsenal.

With their season decided once and for all, now they can start the summer's rebuilding work in earnest.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'You can be very positive or very negative'

On the nature of the defeat…
“It’s very difficult. You can be very positive or very negative. We lost the game 4-1 which is a major disappointment but I feel going forward we had a very interesting game and created plenty of chances. That is never a 4-1 game, we should have been 2-0 up before they had a shot on goal. On the first free-kick we made a mistake and they scored. Today we missed seven or eight clear-cut chances and on every single mistake we made we were punished.”

On his side’s poor defending…
“It means our chances to come third are definitely over. The rest I don’t feel will have any other influence than that. We conceded four at Liverpool, three against Man United and four today. We have to improve the way we defend.

“You wouldn’t like to come out when you lose 4-1 and say ‘listen, we are going to buy four defenders’. I believe we have quality defenders and it’s more a case of balancing the team defensively than the quality of our defenders. If you look at the second goal we could have done much better in midfield than at the back.”

On missing out on third place in the Premier League…
“We had a small opportunity to come third but three months ago everybody said we would finished tenth so I would have signed at that point to finish fourth. I don’t feel we have to be too disappointed with that but what is very disappointing for us is in the games that mattered in the last three or four weeks we couldn’t win. That’s where we have to analyse. But today there were a lot of positives in the game and we have to take a little distance from the defeat because it’s not a 4-1 game today.”

On dealing with two heavy home defeats in a week…
“It is difficult but this is a job for strong people. When you decide to live in a competitive world you have to deal with that – we cannot complain. It is a bit more difficult when you are young but when you are young you want to be challenged. That is a good opportunity to show we have the mental strength that is needed at this level.”

On the free-kick that led to the first goal…
“We live in a League now where the divers are rewarded. It’s not right but it is like that. I don’t think the free-kick should have been given but it doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t win the header afterwards. I believe we must live in our job where the referee makes some decisions for you and some against. But defending consequently you should clear the ball on the cross.”

On watching his side miss chances…
“I still feel I was more worried in February when we were drawing 0-0 without creating a chance. Today I feel we created the chances and had an interesting game. When you see that in a team it’s always easier to correct what doesn’t work defensively; if you don’t create chances you are always more worried.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Sagna - We showed that we have character

Bacary Sagna will glean some positives from Arsenal's season - even if it's hard to escape the doom and gloom at the moment.

Emphatic home defeats against Manchester United and Chelsea ended Arsenal's quests for the Champions League trophy and a top-three finish in the Premier League. Their FA Cup hopes were also extinguished by Chelsea last month.

A season's climax which promised so much has delivered so little but Sagna believes Arsenal have proved some critics wrong with their recovery from a slow start to the campaign. At one point a top-four place looked beyond the Gunners but, ultimately, they secured that goal with room to spare.

"I just want to say that up to now we have played well," Sagna told the Official Matchday Programme.

"Even if people wanted us to waver at the beginning of the season, we have showed good character to come back after a bad run and qualify for at least the qualifying stages of next season’s Champions League.

"We were a long way off fourth place at one point and we responded. We have to look forward because the team is young and we need to stay strong together.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas - We must see where we can improve

Cesc Fabregas admits that Arsenal need to find something extra if they are to turn their undoubted potential into tangible reward.

Four weeks ago the captain was in with a shout of lifting the Champions League trophy and the FA Cup but those hopes were dashed by Manchester United and Chelsea. Now Fabregas will have to settle for a watching brief when Arsenal's big rivals head to Rome and Wembley later this month.

The 22-year-old believes that his team have proved their worth with that 21-match unbeaten run in the Premier League. But Fabregas wants more next season - for himself, and for the Club's loyal fans.

"We have to look at where we can improve, and make sure we do that for next season," he told the Official Matchday Programme.

"We haven’t been in any Finals and perhaps that’s because of something. We’ve gone 21 games without losing in the league, so we know we are good, but when we’ve played in the Semi-Finals of the FA Cup and Champions League we haven’t been at the level everyone expected us to reach.

"Maybe that means something, and sometimes you need to be honest with yourself – our opponents were stronger than us in both of those ties and you just have to go from there, try to see where you made mistakes and try to put them right.

"While we’re always positive, we know it’s difficult to keep everyone happy at this moment because it’s the fourth consecutive season in which we haven’t won anything. It’s frustrating for the fans, who are used to winning things, to see other teams going into Finals when we haven’t really managed that.

"We are disappointed because we know how much effort they put in – the way that, even in the financial crisis, they’re still coming to the stadium, buying tickets and season tickets, and we appreciate that a lot. It’s a shame, and we feel very responsible for not making them happy, for not taking them back to Wembley or to Rome."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure - The reason I considered my future

Kolo Toure is an Arsenal man - and he intends to stay that way.

The 28-year-old has been at the Club for seven years but was considering his future earlier this season following a dip in form and the team's poor start to the campaign. Arsène Wenger revealed that Toure had handed in a transfer request but withdrew it after a heart-to-heart with the manager.

Since then the Ivory Coast star has been back to his best and was a cornerstone of the side which went 21 games without defeat in the Premier League. Toure's love for Arsenal is as strong as ever but, speaking to the Official Arsenal Programme, he explained why his future was up in the air in January.

"I have been here a long time, and when I saw some players leaving the Club last year that was difficult for me," he said.

"Then when we didn’t start the season well I was scared. You start to think that maybe the Club don’t need you anymore. When it's like that and you are 28 you have to think about yourself as well. But I came back, I'm playing at the moment and I hope that will carry on. There is still time on my contract and I hope the Club will show me that they need me.

"When you love somebody it's important that they love you back. I have loved this club for years, and I always give everything for the team. Since I've been here I've just tried to do my best but you can't be at the top all the time. Sometimes your level will drop a bit. That's when you need to be strong and bounce back and that's what I tried to do this season.

"People know I love the Club, nobody can say I don't. I believe you can only truly love one club in your career, and my club is Arsenal. It doesn't matter if I ever move onto another team, Arsenal will always be the one in my heart. When my career is finished and I'm older, I will always think of myself as an Arsenal man."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arshavin set to return for Old Trafford trip

Andrey Arshavin will return against Manchester United after fully recovering from flu.

The Russian was sent home from training twice in a row last week because of illness and sat out Sunday’s defeat against Chelsea. But he is available for this weekend’s trip to Old Trafford.

However, Arsène Wenger has no other returning stars for the clash. William Gallas and Gael Clichy are both out for the season and Manuel Almunia is still struggling with an ankle injury, although he might return for the final game of the campaign against Stoke.

“Andrey Arshavin is fully fit,” Wenger said at Thursday’s press conference.

“Gallas, Clichy, Eduardo and Almunia won’t be available but everyone else will be.

“Almunia has a little chance to play against Stoke. I want to play the players who have played the most games against Stoke so if he is available he will play.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Defence has been the difference

Arsène Wenger believes that a lack of defensive solidity has stopped Arsenal from matching Manchester United this season.

The Frenchman takes his side to Old Trafford on Saturday knowing that anything less than a win will make Arsenal the reluctant guests at United’s third consecutive title party.

Wenger’s side will definitely finish fourth and are 18 points worse off than the champions ahead of this weekend’s game. Having crunched the numbers, the Arsenal manager has pinpointed where his team has fallen short.

“I feel the 18-point gap is a reflection we have to take on the chin," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference.

"What people forget is that we were very far behind and we dropped too many points. Man United are world champions, European champions and will be champions of England. Everybody has to cope with that, not accept it and come back next year and beat them.

"We have a very promising team who can deliver very soon. If you look at the statistics of the two teams for example, we have scored a similar amount of goals. In the passing quality in the final third and in the opposition half, we are as good as Man United. We have conceded more goals and that's where the difference lies.

"We have conceded 36, they have conceded 24, we have scored 64 they have scored 67. Offensively, I do not believe there is a difference. Defensively, there was a difference.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Rosicky returns to full first-team training

Tomas Rosicky has returned to full training for the first time in almost 16 months.

The Czech midfielder innocuously limped off after nine minutes of an FA Cup on January 26, 2008. But what was initially perceived as a short-term injury has kept Rosicky out for well over a year.

There was some hope that the 28-year-old could return before the end of this season but a slight groin strain incurred in March meant that 2008/09 was a write-off for Rosicky.

But at Thursday’s pre-match press conference, Arsène Wenger delivered some good news for next season.

“Basically, for the first time today, we have Tomas Rosicky back in training,” the manager said.

“But of course he will not be available just yet.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Why we want to prove our point

Arsène Wenger has declared that Arsenal have a “point to prove” when they face their Champions League conquerors Manchester United on Saturday.

Victory against Wigan Athletic on Wednesday night means that United only need a point to claim the Premier League crown at the weekend with Arsenal the visitors to Old Trafford.

Less than a fortnight ago the Red Devils dumped Wenger’s men out of Europe with a 4-1 aggregate victory in the Semi-Final. And with that disappointment still tangible, Wenger views Saturday’s clash as more a matter of pride than a desire to ‘poop the title party’.

“We have a point to prove, definitely," the manager said at Thursday’s press conference.

“It looks like it will be Man United who win the League but we can still delay it. We want to play for our pride and be respected for who we are, that is people who love the game they play.

“We promised ourselves on the first of January we would give everything in every game until the end of the season.

“This is where we can show we are capable to do that.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
I will never bust this club, vows Wenger

Arsène Wenger is in the market for new players this summer but he won’t compromise the long-term future of the Club in the process.

Arsenal spent big in January when they bought Andrey Arshavin from Zenit St Petersburg. It was a move that not only added invaluable pedigree to the Gunners’ young squad but also silenced those who questioned Arsenal’s clout in the transfer market.

Speaking at Thursday’s pre-match press conference, Wenger refused to rule out further signings in the summer but, as ever, long-term financial stability is paramount.

“If you want me to get the Club bust, I am not the person to do that, that’s for sure,” the manager stressed.

“I believe every manager has the same problem, to manage within his own resources. I look now like I do not want to spend money, but I have nothing against spending money.

“I just feel we have a team who can be very competitive and we want, as always, to manage this club within its resources and I will do that.

“I believe in this team and from what I have seen in this team, that makes me quite optimistic. These players have the quality to beat anybody else.

“If we can add one or two players with the resources we have, then we will do it.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Rosicky - I was nervous before first session

Tomas Rosicky admitted he was nervous when he returned to full training on Thursday after 16 months out.

The Czech midfielder, who has been hampered by injuries to his hamstring tendon and his knee since January 2008, completed a full-contact session with his team-mates under the watchful gaze of Arsène Wenger.

Hopefully a return is now in sight for the experienced 28-year-old, who was a key member of the Arsenal squad before injury struck. However with only two games to go this season, Rosicky is just looking to build for next term now.

“I am very happy to be back with the rest of the squad,” he told Arsenal.com.

“I was a bit nervous I have to say. When you have been out for so long you don’t know what to expect. I did not know if I would still have the same sense of the game, the same understanding, as I had before. But it was great and I did everything with the team.

“It has been a tough time for the medical staff and for me. I thank them but I hope I don’t have to go to the medical room again!

“Of course I still have a lot of work to do before I will be 100 per cent. I think I will not have a holiday like the other players over the summer.

“[Fitness coach] Tony Colbert has told me it will be different for me. That is what I expected because I was out for such a long time.

“But now I have started training again I don’t want to stop.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Manchester United 0-0 Arsenal

Barclays Premier League, Old Trafford

Saturday, May 16, 2009, 12:45

Manchester United are Champions again but a valiant display by the Gunners ensured that Sir Alex Ferguson’s side did not clinch their 11th Premier League title in the desired fashion.

After their disappointing elimination from Europe at the hands of the Red Devils less than two weeks ago, Arsenal travelled to the North-West knowing a victory would poop Man United’s title party; and they went mighty close.

Robin van Persie and Cesc Fabregas both tested Edwin van der Sar in the closing stages but they found the Dutch keeper in inspired form.

Cristiano Ronaldo peppered Lukasz Fabianski with trademark free-kicks throughout the clash and Ji-Sung Park had a second-half strike chalked off for offside. But after conceding seven goals in their last two outings Arsenal’s defence held firm - thanks in no small part to a masterful performance at centre-half from Alex Song.

The point was enough for the champions but Arsenal can be proud of their display.

Arsène Wenger made two personnel changes to the side comprehensively beaten by Chelsea last weekend. Song, who started against the Blues in midfield, replaced Mikael Silvestre in defence with Denilson returning to plug the gap in the engine room.

With William Gallas (knee) out for the season, and Gael Clichy (back) and Manuel Almunia (ankle) still struggling, Kieran Gibbs and Fabianski retained their places in Arsenal’s youthful backline.

Further forward, Andrey Arshavin, fit again after flu, came in for Theo Walcott just off lone frontman Van Persie. Samir Nasri, scorer of the match-winning brace against United in November, completed the three-pronged attack. Emmanuel Adebayor missed out with a groin injury.

This match ended Old Trafford’s participation in a potential treble-winning season for Ferguson’s side. Unsurprisingly, the atmosphere was electric inside the famous old ground before kick-off.

In his pre-match programme notes, the Scottish supremo had declared that this sort of occasion ‘brings out the best’ in the Gunners. And Arsenal certainly started as such.

After clearing crosses from Ronaldo and Darren Fletcher inside the first minute, Wenger’s men began to find their feet. Fabregas drilled a long-range strike two yards over before Diaby saw an effort from a similar distance blocked inside the first five minutes.

Then Arshavin began to flex his muscles. First the little Russian picked out Van Persie at the back post only for the striker to miss time his header. Then, after wriggling through three United challenges on the edge of the box, the former Zenit man was foiled at the vital moment.

In the 18th minute, the hosts went within a foot of taking the lead through Wayne Rooney. The England striker crept up on the blind-side of Bacary Sagna to meet Michael Carrick’s sublime diagonal delivery. To the surprise of the crowd, the downward header flashed the wrong side of Fabianski’s post.

Giggs was next to try his luck but the veteran’s direct free-kick from the corner of the area swirled well over the crossbar.

Despite the period of defensive consternation, Arsenal continued to threaten.

Arshavin and Nasri tried their luck either side of the half-hour but neither effort troubled Van der Sar. Then, when Van Persie’s header five minutes before the break finally reached the keeper, it was easily claimed.

The visitors continued to look the more likely scorers as the interval approached. Nemanja Vidic was forced to nod Van Persie’s delicious free-kick away from beneath his crossbar before Nasri saw a vicious 18-yard effort charged down.

Then just as the first signs of restlessness began to creep in among the home supporters, Ronaldo fired a sizzling up-and-over free-kick just wide in stoppage time.

A deluge of rain after the break ensured a scrappy start to the second half. That said, Ronaldo was at it again from a 35-yard set-piece. This time Song blocked the drive with his head.

Then the Portuguese really should have done better from slightly closer a minute before the hour.

Fabianski challenged at Carlos Tevez’s feet on the edge of the box and when Rooney could not latch on to the loose ball, Ronaldo ballooned the follow-up high and wide.

Perhaps sensing an opportunity, Wenger replaced both flying wingers 20 minutes from time. Arshavin made way for Walcott while Nicklas Bendtner, the catalyst for a fleeting fightback against Chelsea, replaced Nasri.

Substitute Park did find the net in the 72nd minute but Ronaldo had strayed offside in the build up. Man United had no complaints.

Six minutes before full time Fabregas almost single-handedly cancelled the celebrations but his angled drive from just inside the area was clawed onto the post by Van der Sar.

Van Persie also stung his countryman’s hands before full-time but Ferguson’s side held on for their point.

After the whistle, the Champions received their prize on the Old Trafford turf.

For Wenger’s youthful side, there could be no better motivation for next season’s title tilt.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Champions aren’t far away from us

Arsène Wenger admits Manchester United are worthy champions but he does not feel Arsenal are too far behind Sir Alex Ferguson’s men.

The Gunners looked on as the Red Devils lifted their 11th Premier League title on Saturday after claiming a point in the lunchtime kick-off at Old Trafford.

Speaking after the clash, Wenger suggested that United’s defensive stability had made the difference over the course of the season. The Frenchman is certainly right - Ferguson’s champions only scored three more than Arsenal but have conceded 12 less in their 37 fixtures this term.

For Wenger, although the difference on the back foot was all-important, the ‘goals for’ column suggests the Gunners are not too far behind.

“You want always the team who play the best to be champions – they were the most consistent,” the manager conceded.

“But in fairness, offensively between the two teams – in terms of goals scored – there was not much difference at all. If you look at the stats it’s quite amazing how close we are to them.

“They made the difference with their defence this year conceding only 24 goals.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 4-1 Stoke City

Barclays Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Sunday, May 24, 2009, 16:00

* Beattie 10 (og),
* Van Persie 16 (pen), 41,
* Diaby 18

* Fuller 31 (pen)

Played 38, Won 20, Drawn 12, Lost 6, Points 72 – that is the sum of Arsenal’s Premier League season.

Arsène Wenger side ended their campaign with a heartening 4-1 win over Stoke City on Sunday at Emirates Stadium.

Robin van Persie was involved in all four goals. On 10 minutes, he passed to Cesc Fabregas and the Spaniard’s cross was turned in by James Beattie. Six minutes later, the Dutchman scored from a penalty after being felled by Ryan Shawcross as he weaved into the area.

In the 18th minute Abou Diaby nodded home his free-kick. Then, after Ricardo Fuller had reduced the arrears from the spot, Van Persie intercepted Rory Delap’s header back to his keeper and thumped home from close range.

The second half could not quite keep pace with the first but this was a decent send-off for a season that has never quite lived up to its potential.

Still in the final stages the crowd were doing a Mexican wave and singing songs of support for Wenger.

Precisely 2,127,604 fans have filed through the turnstiles of Emirates Stadium this season and, on the strength of the atmosphere today, they will be back next season.

Hopefully by then there will be some silverware to celebrate too.

Summer had most certainly arrived in North London this afternoon but Wenger’s side was not affected by endofseasonitis. It was full strength with the exception of the goalkeeper. Manuel Almunia (knee) had long since been sidelined for the season but the absence of Lukaz Fabianski was a surprise.

On Thursday Wenger had suggested the Pole may be missing with a knee injury but at Friday’s press conference he suggested the keeper would be fine. In fact he missed out and Vito Mannone, 21, came in for his debut.

Having humbled Arsenal 2-1 at the Britannia Stadium in November, Stoke were bidding to become the only side in the 2008-09 season to beat Wenger’s men home and away. It was never on today. In fact, within 18 minutes they were 3-0 down and had lost their keeper.

Unshackled from competition, Arsenal played with an unbridled freedom. It was nice to see after the disappointments of the last month.

The opening goal came in the 10th minute. Van Persie tucked a pass into Fabregas on the right-hand byline, his low cross was turned in by Beattie at the near post.

The second came hot on its heels when Van Persie nutmegged Ryan Shawcross only to be brought down by the defender’s trailing leg. The Dutchman picked himself up to fire home from the spot – his 18th goal of the season.

Two minutes later Van Persie curled over a lovely free-kick and Diaby rose imperiously to nod home a third.

The scoreline was deserved. Arsenal were a bulldozer of a side this afternoon.

Soon afterwards Stoke keeper Steve Simonsen came off. You could not have blamed him for just jacking the job in today however, in reality, the former Everton stopper seemed to have an injury. Thomas Sorensen came on.

Mannone made a low save from Beattie’s free-kick then, just past the half-hour, Denilson tripped Fuller as he darted into the area. The Stoke striker scored from the spot.

However it was the merest of ripples in the face of a tidal wave. Andrey Arshavin stung the hands of Sorenson, Theo Walcott let fly with a low effort and Kieran Gibbs headed over.

Back in November Stoke had bullied their way to three deserved points – today they were being sliced apart by an Arsenal side who seemed a thousand times more controlled.

Four minutes before the break Delap tried to nod the ball back to his keeper only for Van Persie to intercept and send a swivelling shot past Sorenson.

Arsenal went into the interval with a bounce in their stride while at the same time wondering what might have been had they played like this earlier in the campaign.

Van Persie, on a hat-trick, whistled an effort just wide at the start of the second half and Bacary Sagna rifled an effort over on the hour.

By now Wenger was making changes. Nicklas Bendtner had come on for Walcott at the break. Sagna’s effort on goal was his last of contribution of the season, seconds afterwards he was replaced by Emmanuel Eboue.

The game had lost a little of its first-half lustre but then few games, let alone meaningless end-of-season affairs, could maintain that standard for an entire 90 minutes.

In the 62nd minute, Bendtner and Diaby set up Van Persie for his treble at the far post but the sliding Dutchman could only fire high and wide.

Arsenal kept going forward until the end and peppered the Stoke goal with speculative efforts. But they seemed to have satisfied themselves with their first-half performance, meanwhile the visitors seemed happy enough with their situation. Certainly their fans were singing their hearts out. Not surprising given that they came into this game 11th and well clear of the relegation scrap.

In injury time, Vela danced through and saw a shot bounce off Sorensen’s legs. It was the last effort of the campaign.

The players and management appeared for a lap of thanks. It was wonderfully received by the fans.

This will not go down as a vintage Arsenal campaign but the base levels – hearty entertainment and Champions League qualification – were achieved.

The job now is to build on this for next season.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Milan verzichtet auf Kauf von Senderos

Der Schweizer Teamspieler Philippe Senderos muss den AC Milan nach einer Saison wieder verlassen.

Der Serie-A-Topclub löste die Kaufoption (7,94 Mio. Euro) nicht ein, womit der in der abgelaufenen Saison nur sporadisch eingesetzte Innenverteidiger vorerst zu Arsenal zurückkehrt.

Senderos hat bei den "Gunners" noch einen Vertrag bis 2010, die Perspektiven sind aber auch dort nicht gut, zumal Coach Arsene Wenger auf das Duo William Gallas/Kolo Toure setzt.

Quelle: sport.orf.at

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Sagna: I'm 100 per cent committed to Arsenal

In response to stories in the French press linking him with a move to Real Madrid, Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna gave Arsenal.com the following statement.

“I have seen the quotes attributed to me in the French media today and I just want to put the record straight. These comments are not accurate and I’m not aware of any speculation linking me to another club. I am 100 per cent committed to Arsenal.

"This is a great Club and I’m proud to wear the shirt. I’m looking forward to returning for pre-season training in July and preparing for the challenges that next season will bring. We have a great squad of players at the Club and I know that we can achieve something together at Arsenal, my focus is nowhere else.”

Quelle: www.arsenal.com

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Cesc - It's been tough but I'm in right place

Cesc Fabregas admits that Arsenal’s four-year wait for a trophy has been “tough” but he still feels he is in the “right place at the right time” of his career.

The midfielder, currently with Spain at the Confederations Cup, swatted aside rumours linking him with a move to Real Madrid insisting that his side have said “loud and clear” he was not for sale.

The Club captain described himself as “calm” over his future, but remains desperate to win some silverware in North London.

“Of course it’s hard when you give your all and don’t win,” he told Marca, a Spanish newspaper, on Wednesday. “I've just spent four years at Arsenal without winning anything. That is tough.”

Despite his recent protestations to the contrary, Fabregas has been continually linked with a move to one of Spain’s big sides but the player is adamant he will not be going.

“I'm calm and that’s about being in the right place at the right time,” he said. “The Club have already said loud and clear that I am not for sale. I have a contract, I'm captain and they have the final word.”

Quelle: arsenal.com

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Factfile: Belgian defender Thomas Vermaelen

FULL NAME: Thomas Vermaelen

NATIONALITY: Belgian

BORN: 14th November 1985. Kapellen, Belgium.

HEIGHT / WEIGHT: 182cm (6ft) / 82kg (12st 13Ib)

PREVIOUS CLUBS:
KFC Germinal Beerschot (Belgium) 1999 – 2001
AFC Ajax Amsterdam (Netherlands) Summer 2001 – June 2009 143 appearances (10 goals)
RKC Waalwijk (Netherlands) On loan during 2004/05 season 13 appearances (2 goals)

CLUB HONOURS:
2003/04 Dutch League Championship
2006, 2007 Dutch National Cup
2006, 2007 Dutch Super Cup (Johan Cruijff Shield)

TRANSFER DETAILS: Long term contract for an undisclosed fee

POSITION: Defender

INTERNATIONAL HONOURS:
Belgium (2006 – Present) 21 appearances (0 goals)
Debut: 1st March 2006 v Luxembourg (won 2-0) (International Friendly, played in Luxembour

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Thomas Vermaelen completes move to Arsenal

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Belgian international defender Thomas Vermaelen has joined the Gunners from Dutch Eredivisie side Ajax on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

Vermaelen (23), who was the Ajax club captain last season, made his first team debut for the Dutch club at just 18, after playing at Youth level for Belgian side KFC Germinal Beerschot. During his 143 appearances with the Amsterdam side, Thomas, who is predominantly a central defender, gained experience in both the UEFA Cup and UEFA Champions League including two appearances against Arsenal in the 2005/06 Champions League Group Stages. He has made 21 appearances for Belgium, now being a regular in his country’s set-up since making his full international debut in March 2006.

During his time with Ajax, the club won the Dutch League Championship in 2003/04, with Vermaelen also winning the Dutch National Cup on two occasions (in 2006 and 2007) and the Dutch Super Cup twice (in 2006 and 2007).

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Thomas is a great signing for Arsenal Football Club, and we are all delighted that he is joining us. Thomas is a solid performer with good experience of Champions League and UEFA Cup football and is also a regular with the Belgium national team.

Thomas is primarily a left-footed centre back, but he’s multi-functional and can also play at left back. He is strong technically with a positive winner’s attitude and I have no doubt his arrival will strengthen our team. Thomas Vermaelen will be a huge asset to Arsenal.”

After completing his move to the Gunners, Vermaelen said: “Firstly, I have to say that I’m sad to be leaving Ajax and I would just like to thank everyone for their help and friendship towards me over the past eight years.

“I’m just so happy to be joining Arsenal. This is a great Club with a world class manager, high quality players and a fantastic stadium. Everything is set up for Arsenal to be very successful for years to come and I joined this Club because I know Arsenal will be challenging for trophies.

“I have had a good taste of the Champions League during my time with Ajax and this is something I am looking forward to experiencing again with Arsenal. I’m also looking forward to playing in the English Premier League, which for me, is the best league in the world. Also, I just want to assure the Arsenal fans that I will give everything for this Club and I hope we can enjoy winning some trophies together next season.”

Thomas will join up with his new team-mates for pre-season training in early July.

Seite 31 von 41 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von pik7 - 20/04/2024 10:13
UMFRAGE EM-Torschützen Cup
von grottenoli - 19/04/2024 18:48
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 05/04/2024 20:19
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
19 members (Bambi, doogie, Haiefan, Hackentrick, grottenoli, Flip160, AllesSuper, caro, BjoernT4Y, ghk225), 2,730 Gäste, und 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 90
pik7 52
toubi 35
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,440
Beiträge121,326
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM