bet365
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Winamax Bonus Aktionen
von BjoernT4Y - 18/03/2024 16:48
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 4 von 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsène Wenger: 'We had resilience and didn't give in'

Carling Cup
Arsenal 1-1 Tottenham H.

on the final score...
"I believe it's a good result for us considering Tottenham created more chances tonight. We had a good start for thirty minutes and after we gave a goal away and just before half time they created two or three really good chances, you know, they didn't take. In the second half I feel we were a bit... we were better defensively but we didn't create many chances but we had resilience and didn't give in, and in the end we came back to one-one, that is a good result for us."

on Tottenham ...
"They are on their way up, yes, they have played well tonight, but you need consistency in your results to know that, I feel quality is first down to consistency. That's why they played well tonight, I don't deny that at all, but we have to repeat the same performances every three days, and every four days, and that is very difficult."

on the return leg ...
"In two weeks it can change completely, I feel we are in a good position, considering the game tonight, to make it. At two-nil it would have certainly have killed the game for us and the chance to qualify maybe, but a one-one - we are in a good position, a good opportunity. "

on a hangover from the FA Cup...
"I feel we were not at our best physically tonight, I feel we had not recovered completely from our Burnley game. Tottenham was sharper than us tonight but we have shown mental resilience and strength and for such a young team that is a positive attitude."

on new injuries...
"Djourou was injured, Senderos is injured, Van Persie got injured. So, we had no injuries before the game started but tonight considering that we lost three players, and we lost three players in the African Nations Cup, we lost suddenly in one night six players... basically in two days - that is very difficult for us."

on Van Persie's problem...
"We have to see tomorrow morning, is it just scar tissue? Sometimes, you know, when you come back after a long time, is it just a question of two days or is it longer, we'll see that tomorrow."

on his central defenders...
"Djourou is a problem we had already at Birmingham so that means for me it came back, a groin problem, you know? Senderos, a little mid-knee ligament he got in the first half, so we'll see. We have to assess all that, I cannot tell you how long they will be out, it can be one, two days, it can be two weeks! It's difficult to assess tonight. Hoyte, Gilberto, Sagna can play in there, we still have solutions."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Brady - Academy is best since I've been here

Liam Brady, Academy Manager and Head of Youth Development at Arsenal, believes that this season’s Carling Cup run is further evidence that the Academy is producing players of a high enough quality to feel at home in the first team.

Academy graduates Mark Randall, Henri Lansbury, Kieran Gibbs and Justin Hoyte have all appeared in the League Cup this season, and Liam believes that there more talented youngsters further down the system awaiting their chance.

“I’m very excited about what we have at Under-16, Under-17 and Under-18 level, especially with regards to the English boys,” he begins. “They have done ever so well in the Under-18s league so far this season, as in the main we have played with the Under-16s and 17s. We are top of our section at the moment, and the Reserve team is doing very well also and that mainly consists of our second year boys.

“In fact I would say this is probably the healthiest state the Academy has been in since I’ve been here.

[Linked Image]

“I think that’s because we are starting to see the first generation of players who have come all the way through the age groups at Hale End. Boys like Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Henri Lansbury, Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong and Sanchez Watt have all attained England schoolboy recognition and they have been with us since they were nine and ten.

“Roy Massey deserves great credit for all the work he has done with the younger players at Hale End.”

The Hale End Academy is where the Club’s under-nines to under-16s are based, before becoming scholars and moving the Arsenal Training Centre at Shenley, with the first team squad.

Roy Massey is in charge of the Essex-based facility, where he works each day with a host of coaches.

“There’s an excellent team of coaches there,” Liam confirms. “Carl Laraman came on board about a year ago, and he’s in charge of the coaching for the Under-12 downwards. We also have a number of younger coaches, generally non-league players in their late 20s or early 30s, who work with the players at that level too.

“Then we have Steve Gatting, who coaches the Under-15s and Under-16s. He also mentors and tutors the guys, helping them with their apprenticeships and sporting excellence — the football side of their education. Steve Leonard is another coach doing great work at Hale End, we also have George Paris, who was with me at West Ham. It’s a good coaching team at Arsenal, they all know the kind of work we want them to be doing.

“Basically,” the former Republic of Ireland International continues, “unless we can give players to Arsène Wenger who are technically strong, able to pass and move, they would find it difficult to progress to the first team. So that’s why I’m very pleased with the quality of player we have got this year.

“The Under-18s who have gone into the first team — Mark Randall, Nacer Barazite, Fran Merida, Henri Lansbury, Kieran Gibbs — they have all done very well and you can only do that if you are technically able.

“To get these boys into the Club in the first place is the most important thing, because we feel that as soon they are here, the facilities and coaching we can offer is sufficient to keep them. But if they end up at West Ham, Tottenham or QPR for example, you can’t get them. So a lot of work goes into getting the boys at eight or nine, and Roy does a great job with that.”

In the past there has been a criticism that young English players were not as technically gifted as many of their foreign counter-parts, due to the coaching in this country. However Liam states that, at Arsenal at least, the English players are now very strong technically.

“Generally I don’t think enough emphasis is placed on the technical side of things in coaching the youngsters in England. But we have been doing that here for the best part of ten years now and I do believe that the technical level of our players has improved because of that. The academy system is functioning well at Arsenal, but it all depends on the work you give to the boys.”

And a successful academy has led to a successful Carling Cup side in recent years — this is the third year in succession that the Gunners have reached the last four, sticking the policy of using mainly young players — this year younger than ever.

“I heard that the average age of the squad that won at Blackburn in the last round was less than 20,” says Liam — himself a former trainee at Arsenal. “The experience the boys are getting is invaluable. I think how they have played has been amazing, and the results they have got have been amazing too. A lot of the teams they have knocked out in recent times have been teams that really want to win the competition — Everton, Newcastle and Blackburn for example.

“In last year’s Semi-Final against Spurs, they put their very best team out to reach the final, but they couldn’t beat us and I’m really looking forward to this year’s Semi-Final.

“The boys play without fear, and in fact if anyone has fear, it’s the opposition because know if they don’t do well they could get embarrassed.”

This season though it’s not just the Carling Cup team that has benefited from the Academy’s Graduates.

Johan Djourou has recently returned from a successful loan spell at Birmingham City, where he played more than a dozen Premier League games, and will be hoping to pick up where he left off in an Arsenal shirt last season, following his return to the Club.

Another player who gained valuable first team experience with the Blues is Nicklas Bendtner, who spent two years in the Gunners Academy between 2004 and 2006 before his season-long loan spell at St Andrews. Since returning to Arsenal in the summer he has already netted twice in the Champions League, and got his first Premier League goal against Spurs in the 2-1 win at Emirates on December 22.

“It was funny,” recalls Liam, “because at half-time I said to Nicklas that if he can score a winner against our biggest rivals he will be a hero forever more. It was quite prophetic of me!”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Rodgers - It still feels like a bad dream

Last season Arsenal were less than a minute away from the FA Youth Cup Final. Paul Rodgers is still haunted by their excruciating exit.

Since signing professional terms in the summer, the defender has been colossal for Neil Banfield’s Reserve team. Pitted against a host of players boasting Premier League and international experience, he has excelled.

On Friday the 18-year-old and the rest of Steve Bould’s young Gunners start the long road to what they hope will be a first Final in seven years. Youth Alliance League North West Conference side Burnley represent the first hurdle.

“In truth, we know very little about Burnley and the ground we are playing at,” Rodgers told Arsenal.com. “However, we are expecting a tough, physical game.

“It’s a case of going about our own business in the right way and sticking to our game and getting the job done.”

Seemingly cut from the same cloth as Kolo Toure, the personable young defender agonises when reflecting on the night that nearly was.

“Even up until now it still seems like a bad dream,” said Rodgers. “We can’t quite believe that it happened in the way that it did. The last minute was heart-breaking so this time around everybody has that desire and determination.

[Linked Image]

“As a team we feel that we have got what it takes. We have been there, in extra-time, and know what is required.

“Last year only a handful of players were playing regularly in the Reserves. You can see how different it is this time.

“Add that to the extra year of playing and training we have got, and being in the gym we know now that on the physical side of things we can compete with anyone.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Anelka's move is my biggest regret

Just as Nicolas Anelka moves into a position to gun down his former side, Arsène Wenger has described the striker’s departure from Arsenal as his “biggest regret”.

The Frenchman looked set for a glittering career in red-and-white when he arrived from PSG in February 1997, aged 17. Within a year he was the spearhead of the Arsenal attack and helping them towards the ‘double’. However he moved the following season leaving memories of 28 goals in 90 games and an overwhelming sense of what might have been. A meandering career took him to Real Madrid, back to PSG, Liverpool, Manchester City, Fenerbache and Bolton. On Friday he signed for Chelsea in a reported £15 million move.

“It is my biggest regret that he moved from Arsenal at that time [in 1999] because I felt at that time he was a star here,” said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Friday. “When he left he was a regular member in the French squad. He moved to Real Madrid, Thierry Henry moved here and Thierry played in the European Championship but Nicolas didn’t play.

“I still believe that at that time it was a big mistake that move. But there are two lessons: the first one is you need to be at the right club at the right moment. And the second is that when you have as much talent as Nicolas you can always bounce back because the talent at that level is not everywhere.”

Wenger admitted a reconciliation was in his mind after another fleet-footed French striker left last summer.

“When Henry wanted to leave you always consider if you are strong enough,” he said. “I decided to go with Bendtner and then I signed Eduardo. But you consider all the strikers available.

“I feel that Nicolas has had a funny career because he has the talent to play in every club in the world? and he has played in nearly every club in the world. There’s Arsenal, Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool, Chelsea but in between it looks like he takes some breathers below.

“I feel this signing for Chelsea could be decisive because they will not feel the absence of Drogba as much. But they have so much talent that when Drogba comes back and they play with him and Anelka, which is very possible, somebody else will have to move out.

“So the good news is that they have one world class player more, but they have to move another world class player out.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Freeman signing would lead English revival

Arsenal 1-1 Birmingham City

Arsène Wenger believes the current crop of young players at Arsenal is the best he has had during his time in charge — and most of them are English.

The Frenchman has always drawn criticism for supposedly favouring foreign talent at Emirates Stadium. It is a charge he vehemently denies but certainly, over the past year, Arsenal have consistently put out sides that do not include an Englishman.

However Wenger believes that will change in the future. At Friday’s press conference he announced that he was close to signing Luke Freeman, a 15-year-old striker who has already made three appearances for Gillingham. Wenger also suggested that a couple of the Club’s 14-year-old players were so advanced “they had nothing to learn technically”.

“Yes, we will be pushing it through,” said the manager when asked about the Freeman deal. “I want to buy English,” he added with a smile.

“I met the boy and I like him. He has personality and he looks alert. He’s a striker and to play in a first team at 15 years of age is something special.

“We were quite well on the case and we are very positive that we will find an agreement with the club without going to compensation. We will pay them a transfer.”

Freeman will surely cut his Arsenal teeth in the Under-18s, FA Youth Cup side and then the Reserves. Wenger added that young Englishmen like Kieran Gibbs and Henri Lansbury would “certainly be in the first team squad next season”. But, even below those age-groups, the manager sees emerging talent.

“Yes overall from 14 to 20 it is the best group we have had,” he said. “We play a youth cup game against Burnley [tonight] and we have a very good side. They are all at a good level now.

“Also we have two Under-14s players I watched play and technically they have nothing to learn.

“Will they be professional footballers at Arsenal? I don’t know. The more you go down [in ages] the greater the margin of error. Sometimes you see a player at 13 and you think ‘absolutely amazing’ then two years later he has disappeared.

“But our target is to produce good players and I believe we are on the right road with the way we want to work throughout the Club.

“I know how much the English national team means here to people. To contribute to that would be a big pride as well. At the moment it is not my first responsibility.

“But I have been accused of only buying foreign players and I would like to contribute to the quality of English football.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Arsenal conceded vital ground in the title race by drawing 1-1 with Birmingham City at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

Arsène Wenger’s side were the better team in the first half and deserved the lead given to them by Emmanuel Adebayor’s spot-kick. However the penalty decision itself was a little harsh on the visitors.

Birmingham’s reply came three minutes after the restart when Gary O’Connor headed in a corner by former Arsenal youngster Seb Larsson. Although it was doubtful the ball would have beaten Manuel Almunia but for a deflection off Cesc Fabregas’ foot.

Arsenal stormed forward in search of a winner. But the Birmingham defence were organised and focussed, keeping the home side mostly at range.

This was only the second brace of points dropped at Emirates Stadium in the Premier League this season. The other draw had come against Manchester United.

[Linked Image]

That had come courtesy of an equaliser deep into injury time and felt like a victory. This one felt like a significant defeat.

And of course it gave Sir Alex Ferguson’s side the opportunity to knock Arsenal off top spot with victory over Newcastle in the late game on Saturday.

Naturally Wenger made wholesale changes from the Carling Cup tie on Wednesday so a more realistic benchmark was the last Premier League game against West Ham. From that game, Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue had gone to the African Nations Cup while Justin Hoyte dropped to bench. Philippe Senderos, Alex Hleb and Bacary Sagna were their replacements. Tomas Rosicky had fallen victim to flu overnight so Theo Walcott came in.

Since that 2-0 victory over the Hammers, Arsenal had begun their FA Cup campaign and continued their Carling Cup assault. With four competitions on the go, perhaps there was a danger of complacency against Birmingham side languishing two places above the drop zone.

Arsenal’s start suggested that would not be a problem.

Within three minutes of the start, Eduardo and Adebayor had already gone close with headers. Shortly afterwards Gallas nearly scrambled home the ball at the end of a goalmouth melee.

Arsenal continued to pressure with Birmingham barely venturing outside their own half for the first 15 minutes.

Walcott skipped into space and floated an inquisitive cross to Eduardo who could only flick the ball on. A minute later Adebayor bore down on goal but a combination of Rafael Schmitz’s challenge and his own stumbling feet saw Birmingham survive.

It was all Arsenal at this stage so it would have been a travesty if Birmingham had scored with their first chance. But they so nearly did. Olivier Kapo’s wonderfully weighted ball forward allowed Cameron Jerome to dart between William Gallas and Senderos. The ex-Cardiff striker won the foot race and his low shot looked destined for the far corner. Almunia dived full length to make a crucial save. From the corner, Fabrice Muamba might have headed home.

The game was starting to open up. In the 17th minute Adebayor backheeled a pass to Hleb on the left who whipped in a wonderful curling cross onto the head of the onrushing Eduardo just six yards out. Had his effort gone a yard either side of Maik Taylor it would have been the opening goal. Unfortunately it was straight at the former Southampton stopper who caught the ball at the second attempt.

Arsenal probably deserved to be ahead but when they did take the lead in the 22nd minute it did involve an element of good fortune. Adebayor’s ball found Eduardo on the corner of the six-yard box and Stephen Kelly rushed in to challenge. Replays confirmed that the former Tottenham full back certainly got a touch on the ball but referee Phil Dowd deemed he had illegally tackled the Arsenal striker. Adebayor slotted home his 13th goal of the season from the penalty spot.

If Birmingham felt sorry for themselves they did not play like it. The visitors did not test Almunia in the minutes that followed but they did take the initiative from Wenger’s men.

Arsenal only threatened briefly when Eduardo went close and Fabregas had a shot blocked. The home side had the advantage at the break but you sensed they would need another to secure the points.

That was proved just three minutes into the second half. Larsson floated over a corner from the left and O’Connor’s header wrong-footed Almunia and bobbled into the net. Replays proved that the ball had got a crucial deflection off Fabregas.

Arsenal had been content to play the game in third gear until now. They clearly had to put their foot on the gas.

Adebayor responded immediately when he met a Fabregas pass with a low, goal-bound shot from the edge of the area. Liam Ridgewell pulled off an excellent block. Then in the 52nd minute Senderos sent in a towering header from a Fabregas free-kick but Taylor held the ball on the line.

Arsenal were now stoking up the pressure. They won a succession of quick corners and, just before the hour, a sweeping move ended with Fabregas slicing a shot wide.

As their storm began to blow itself out, Wenger made an astute move. Nicolas Bendtner came on for Walcott. The Dane joined Adebayor up front and Eduardo moved out to the left.

The Croatia nearly profited from the move, racing onto Fabregas pass and advancing into the area before trying to set up Adebayor. The ball eventually fell to Sagna on the right but his piledriver flew wide.

Arsenal were now starting to lay siege to the visiting goal. Bendtner hacked an effort over and slid another wide while Hleb blazed over wastefully.

Flamini’s low, long-range drive forced a decent save from Taylor with six minutes left. By now Arsenal were gambling going forward. Wenger even withdrew a defender, Sagna, to bring on midfielder Abou Diaby.

It was desperate viewing but at the same time credit must be given the Birmingham backline who were stretched — but never beyond breaking-point.

Arsenal had two significant chances late in the game. First Hleb reached the byline and cut the ball back into a crowded area. However no-one was on hand to turn it home.

Then deep into injury time Fabregas blasted an effort inches wide of Taylor’s left-hand post.

It was the last act of a disappointing afternoon.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor landmark nets £1,000 for charity

Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor has been presented with a Barclays Golden Boot Award in recognition of him becoming the first player to score 10 goals during the 2007/08 Barclays Premier League season.

In addition to his award, Adebayor will receive a £1,000 donation for the charity of his choice.

[Linked Image]

The Arsenal striker scored his landmark 10th goal during the Christmas North London derby against Tottenham, grabbing the opening goal in a 2­1 victory at Emirates Stadium.

Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo currently leads the Premier League scoring charts but Adebayor remains in contention to become the first Arsenal player to win the Golden Boot since Thierry Henry in 2002.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I'm hopeful that Flamini will stay

Arsène Wenger is confident that Mathieu Flamini will stay at Arsenal.

The French midfielder was close to leaving the Club last summer but opted to stay and fight for his first-team place. Now, after an outstanding start to the season, Flamini is a regular in the Arsenal side.

[Linked Image]

The 23-year-old's contract expires at the end of the current campaign so he is free to speak to other clubs about a transfer. However, Wenger wants Flamini to stay at Emirates Stadium and revealed that talks over a new deal are underway.

"Mathieu is free to talk but the talks [with Arsenal] are ongoing," said Wenger.

"I am hopeful on it. I am not concerned."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Diarra wechelt von Arsenal zu Portsmouth

Der französische Nationalspieler Lassana Diarra wechselt innerhalb der englischen Premier League vom Tabellenzweiten Arsenal zu Portsmouth. Das gaben die beiden Clubs am Donnerstag bekannt. Der 22-jährige Mittelfeldspieler unterschrieb bis 2011.

Diarra war im Sommer von Chelsea zu Arsenal gestoßen und hatte für die "Gunners" 13 Pflichtspiele absolviert. Über die Ablösesumme wurde Stillschweigen vereinbart. Im französischen Teamkader zählt Diarra zum Stammaufgebot.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Why English stars are so expensive

Arsène Wenger believes that Premier League clubs pay a premium for English players because they know they will cope with the rigours of the domestic game.

The Arsenal manager has a rich mine of local talent bubbling under in the Club's academy and revealed last week that he was close to signing Luke Freeman, a 15-year-old striker who has already made three appearances for Gillingham.

However, Wenger is less inclined to buy "top" English players because of the large transfer fees their clubs demand. At the launch of Arsenal TV, the Frenchman offered a reason for the disparity in cost between Premier League players and their counterparts on the continent.

“There is less uncertainty about English players’ adaptation period,” said Wenger. “You know what you get.

"When you get a player from Spain, for example, there is always a question mark. Will he adapt to the English winter? Will he love the country? Will he want to stay?

"With English players you don’t get that kind of problem."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Merida’s loan will mind the gap

Arsène Wenger sent Fran Merida on loan to Real Sociedad in order to fill a gap in his education.

The 17-year-old midfielder joined the Spanish Segunda Division club last week and will stay until the end of the current campaign.

“He is a great player,” Wenger told Arsenal.com. “He has a good opportunity to play there and he should be at Sociedad for six months.”

The Basque side, who have just parted company with former Fulham manager Chris Coleman, are well-placed for a promotion push later this season. That’s why Wenger believes the experience will solve the perennial problem of providing competitive football for those players between second and first-team football.

[Linked Image]

“At the moment we play the young players so quickly in the Reserve team — at 16 or 17 — that at 18 and 19 there is sometimes no challenge for them anymore,” said the Frenchman. “But it is still a little bit too early for them to play in the first team at Arsenal. So there is a little gap period for them.

“We always think about how we can use this period for the benefit for the boy and the Club. One of the solutions is to get them into clubs where they can get first-team experience.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'The African people love Toure and Eboue'

The Africa Cup of Nations kicks off in Ghana this Sunday and there's a decent chance that at least one Arsenal player will emerge with a winner's medal.

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue will represent tournament favourites Ivory Coast while Alex Song has earned his first call-up to the Cameroon national side. The Indomitable Lions have a rich pedigree and are in with a shout of their fifth Nations Cup title.

So how are Toure, Eboue and Song perceived in Africa? How strong is African football at the moment? Who will be there or thereabouts when the Final takes place on February 10?. We asked Durosimi Thomas, African Football Correspondent for the BBC, for some answers.

[Linked Image]

Durosimi, how big a deal is the African Cup of Nations these days?

"At this time in the competition's history, it is a bit divided. There could be the passion for a country like Namibia to be at the Nations Cup because it is only the second time they have qualified for the competition so they will have a lot of expectation. At the same time you have a young generation of African fans who are now infected by the English Premier League and other top European football. When the Final takes place on February 10, if there is an English fixture on the same day, you will see some young African fans watch the English game instead of the Final. It has only been like that because local football in Africa is not as developed as the national teams, so youngsters grow up watching European football and don't always follow the African Nations Cup. It is a bit divided but the competition has maintained its status because now there is more media coverage."

Arsenal fans will be watching the progress of Ivory Coast and Cameroon. What are their chances of winning?

"Ivory Coast are top of the list. Even two years ago in Egypt they were hot favourites to win. They are strong in all departments - goalkeeping, defence, midfield, attack - and they have strong substitutes too. Everybody is expecting Ivory Coast to win it. The only thing which will prevent them from winning is over-confidence. As for Cameroon they can still maintain their pedigree, they have some good players including some from the 2002 tournament which they won. Rigobert Song is still there and now they have the younger Song, Alex, and everyone is waiting to see what he can deliver. Cameroon are definitely among the favourites."

Ivory Coast came so close last time, losing the Final to Egypt after a penalty shoot-out. That will be an extra incentive for them, won't it?

"Exactly. They didn't do so well at the World Cup, it was a very difficult group for them in Germany. They think they have to win the African Nations Cup because they have such a good side at the moment but the next generation of Ivorian players is not of the same quality so it could be a long time until they have such a good chance again. You have to go back to the 1960s and early 1970s for the last time Ivory Coast were so strong. Even when they won the tournament in 1992 it was a complete surprise. Now they have a strong generation of players and they know they must win it."

What is the perception of Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue in Africa?

"Eboue, when he started playing in the Premier League for Arsenal, they fell in love with him immediately. When kids have a kickabout in Africa, Eboue or Kolo Toure are the names they have. They are very popular all over Africa and so are Arsenal because the people in Africa follow the English Premier League passionately. Toure? They love him and they love the fact he can go forward and try to score a goal. They are both very important players for the Ivorian side. Didier Drogba gets a lot of headlines because he is an attacker but the next most important player for them is Kolo Toure."

Alex Song has earned his first call-up for Cameroon. What do African football fans think of him?

"I have seen flashes of him in the Premier League but the comments I have heard about Alex Song is that people would like to see more of him. Now he is going to play in a Cameroon shirt I think they are waiting for him to perform on the big stage. He will of course be compared to his older brother, Rigobert, who now plays in Turkey. It's possible that Cameroon's German coach will pair them up in central defence and that is what people are waiting to see. They love the idea of that happening."

African players know that Europe will be watching the tournament. Are they in the 'shop window' for a dream move to a big club?

"Exactly. About 95 per cent of the players coming for the Nations Cup are already based in Europe or at least they are not playing in their country of origin. What that means is that you have a talented player like the Nigerian striker Osaze Odemwingie, he plays for Lokomotiv Moscow and has all the qualities you can look for in a striker who can play in the Premier League. He might already be on the radar of Arsene Wenger! But the player will be dreaming of a move to the English Premier League. European-based Africans who don't play for big clubs, as well as those who are still playing in Africa, they know that if they want to be in the bigger picture they have to be in the Premier League or La Liga in Spain. The Nations Cup is their chance to show what they can do."

Do you think African football has ever been stronger?

"People who followed the earlier Nations Cups say that nothing much has changed. The reason why they say this is that in those days, for example the 1980s, the players were massive legends. For example you can't put Didier Drogba close to Jamela, you can't even start to compare them because those guys were legends. They played with their hearts, it was a matter of pride for them, it wasn't a matter of wanting to play for a big European club side. When you go back the local club teams were stronger and had a greater following but that is not the case now. Now the players have more money and that is the big difference. In the past there was real passion but no money."

Who do you expect to win this year's tournament and which players will stand out?

"My money is on Ivory Coast - I will take the risk of making a prediction! If I had to go for one it would be them. The star of the tournament is hard to pick because I think we could have a new discovery, some new talent playing for Sudan or Namibia or Benin or another team which does not usually qualify and is not expected to do well."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
French midfielder leaves Arsenal for the south coast

Arsenal can confirm that Lassana Diarra has signed for Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee.

Diarra (22), who joined Arsenal from Chelsea on transfer deadline day - 31st August 2007, made a total of 13 appearances for the Gunners, seven of which were in the Premier League.

[Linked Image]

Lassana also made five international appearances for France during his time at Arsenal, giving him a total of nine full caps for his country.

At both his previous clubs, Lassana won the Young Player of the Year Award — with Le Havre in 2004 and with Chelsea in 2006.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Lassana the best of luck during his time with Portsmouth.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Fulham

Arsenal

Adebayor 20, 39, Rosicky 82

Arsenal kept up the pressure at the top of the Premier League with an excellent 3-0 win at Fulham on Saturday.

Arsène Wenger’s side had slipped to second place last week after a disappointing draw with Birmingham at Emirates Stadium. However there were no slip-ups this afternoon. Emmanuel Adebayor gave the visitors a stranglehold with a pair superb first-half headers — his 14th and 15th goals of the season.

Fulham rallied briefly in the second period but nine minutes from time Tomas Rosicky slid in a fine volley at the far post.

The scoreline did not flatter Arsenal however this was more of a measured than memorable performance.

For much of the afternoon it appeared this could be a significant day in the title race. In the end Manchester United and Chelsea both got late winners. But, after the sluggishness of last week, this was Arsenal at their efficient best.

[Linked Image]

All they could do was win themselves and they did that with something to spare.

Wenger made just one change from the side held to a 1-1 draw by Birmingham City last Saturday. Rosicky had fallen ill on the morning of that game, his replacement that day, Theo Walcott, made way this afternoon.

It meant the Arsenal manager named the strongest line-up he had available. It was no surprise because, for only the second week since mid-September, Arsenal were playing catch-up in the table.

Fulham had been showing signs of regeneration under Roy Hodgson. However they came into this game with only struggling Derby below them in the table. Neither of their two new signings — Marlon King and Brede Hangeland - were eligible today.

The opening was typical of a London derby. But the pace was so fast that perhaps it affected the quality.

Fulham gave as good as they got in the opening quarter. Danny Murphy’s clever ball sent Seol Ki-Hyeon clear for a split-second but there was danger at the other end when Adebayor’s clipped cross into the area nearly found the head of Eduardo.

However gradually Arsenal started to put their passing together. One flowing move in the 16th minute ended with Fabregas blazing wide. The final execution was poor but the build-up had been encouraging. So it was no a huge surprise to see Arsenal take the lead three minutes later.

Rosicky sent Clichy scuttling to the byline and his high, hanging cross was nodded home powerfully by the leaping Adebayor on the edge of the six-yard box. It was the Togolese striker’s 14th of the season.

The goal tipped the game in Arsenal’s favour. Suddenly Fulham looked inhibited and Arsenal looked imperious. Still, chances were at a premium and the visitors came closest to extending their lead when Adebayor sidefooted wide in the 27th minute.

The 24-year-old was proving simply too big, too strong and too mobile for the home side. His second goal followed seven minutes from the break. Hleb’s inviting cross saw Adebayor breeze in and guide a similar header into the same corner of the net.

Again it was a goal conceded far too easily by Fulham but the real driver behind the strike had been Arsenal’s willingness to fight to regain a lost ball on the right flank.

With a two-goal advantage, the visitors were now prepared to hit cruise-control. The vociferous travelling support even start some early olès. However Fulham finally produced a decent shot across their bows three minutes from the whistle when Simon Davies reached the byline and cut the ball back for Murphy to sidefoot over.

Hodgson attempted to put further impetus into his side at the break by hauling Jimmy Bullard off the bench. The popular midfielder, who is yet to start a game since his horrific knee injury, came on to a huge reception.

However it did nothing to change the tide. Within four minutes of the restart Bacary Sagna nearly touched home a free-kick from Cesc Fabregas. Then Eduardo beat two defenders with some sublime skill on the left-hand byline. Rosicky met his low cross to the near post but his snapshot hit the outside of the post.

Arsenal were unsettled somewhat soon afterwards when Senderos needed treatment after getting a bash on the nose from Clint Dempsey.

Their concentration drifted a little bit and that loosened their grip on the game. Fulham fired another warning midway through the half when Dempsey nodded in at the far post. However the assistant referee had long-since flagged for offside.

Later Antti Niemi also required lengthy treatment after Adebayor caught him in the face following through.

Twelve minutes from time, Fabregas nearly prodded a third goal in the corner but Bullard responded by curling a free-kick well over the bar.

To be honest the visitors had started the game sprinting but, as the minutes ticked away, Arsenal seemed happy to coast over the line.

That said, they did conjure up a lovely third goal nine minutes from the end when Eduardo worked himself into space on the left byline and the flying Rosicky fired in a low volley at the far post.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Cup concerns could affect title race

Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

This season’s title-winners could be the team who copes best with the rigours of the FA Cup and Champions League, according to Arsène Wenger.

Arsenal kept pace with Manchester United at the top of the table with a 3-0 win at Fulham on Saturday. It was an important return to form after, in the manager’s words, “they lacked edge” in the 1-1 draw with Birmingham a week earlier. Perhaps focus is hard to find right now given that Arsenal are juggling two domestic cups plus their League commitments — and that massive tie with Milan is less than a month away.

[Linked Image]

After the win at Craven Cottage, it was suggested to Wenger that, because it was so tight at the top, the games between the leading contenders would decide the title.

“It is a bit early for that,” he replied. “It depends also how the teams will do in the FA Cup and Champions League, how much strength will they lose? What kind of injuries they will have? So it is too early to say, but certainly these types of games could be the deciders.

“What is interesting now is we have 54 points, Manchester United have 54, Chelsea have 50. The race looks to be very exciting and very interesting. Last year at that period we were not in the race - this year we are highly in the race. And we really want to do it.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - My great leap forward this season

Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

Whether it is in his mother’s house in Togo or Arsenal’s state-of-the-art training ground in Hertfordshire, practice still makes perfect for Emmanuel Adebayor.

The beanpole striker climbed high above the Fulham defence twice during the first half on Saturday at Craven Cottage to score with crucial headers. They were his 14th and 15th goals of a hugely productive campaign.

The 24-year-old believes the overall improvement in his scoring record is down to stay-behind sessions after training this season. However his spring for the first two goals was down to more rudimentary practice.

“When I was young, I used to suspend a ball from the ceiling in my mum's house in Togo and see if I could jump high enough to head it,” he said.

“Every time I managed to head it, I would shorten the string attached to the ball and try to leap even higher.

[Linked Image]

"I don't know how high I could go, but ever since I played for Metz in France, I've always come first in every jumping test. And not just because I am tall.

"The first thing I worked out for myself back in Togo was that I should be able to win a lot of headers if I was tall and could jump even higher."

While Adebayor has scored more than his fair share of aerial goals this season, he has also developed on the floor. So much so he is vying with Cristiano Ronaldo for the Premier League’s Golden Boot.

"My finishing has improved,” said the player signed just over two years ago from Monaco. “I am working as much as I can to get even better by staying behind after training for 30 or 40 minutes to practise headers, volleys and one-touch finishing.

"I'm not in a rush [to win the Golden Boot]. Last year a lot of people thought I wasn't a good player or a good finisher, but this season I'm happy to be one of the leading scorers around.

"For now, I'll just keep chasing the goals and, at the end of the season, if I finish top scorer in the Premier League, of course I'll be pleased. But my ambition is to win the title, and everyone at Arsenal believes we can do that.

"To be honest I don't care whether people rate me as a finisher because I have a buzz about my game now, I have the feeling that Arsene Wenger trusts me and, at the end of my career, we'll see what I have won as a player.

"The most important thing is that I feel free now. I am starting most games and the first question I ask myself is not whether I am playing, or whether I am going to start on the bench, but whether I'm going to score."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Rosicky reminds me of Robert Pires

Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

Arsène Wenger believes he may have re-discovered his ‘wide boys’.

Each of the 'double' sides created by the Frenchman have had players who can attack down the flanks. In 1998 it was Marc Overmars and Ray Parlour, in 2002 it was Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg. Now it appears Alex Hleb and Tomas Rosicky are ready to pick up the mantle.

In his press conference after the 3-0 win at Fulham on Saturday, Wenger was at pains to point that all the goals had come from crosses — not always Arsenal’s most productive avenue. Rosicky had a hand in the first and scored the third while Hleb sent over a tantalising ball for Emmanuel Adebayor to score the second.

When journalists suggested Wenger was trying to re-create the Pires/Ljungberg combination, the manager was never going to deny it.

“Of course,” said the 58-year-old. “For us it is important that we can score goals not only through our quick passing in the middle, but also from balls to the flanks, put in quality crosses and get people into the box from midfield. That is what we did at Fulham.

“Rosicky is more of a Pires-type and Hleb is more for me a guy who attracts people to the ball, and then slides it through. So he looks like he always slows the game down [only] to speed it up again. He is more of a dribbler and a passer, whereas Tomas is more of the guy who is in the flow of the game, a little bit similar to Pires.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Exclusive: Barazite on his injury agony

Just one month after suffering his first major injury, Nacer Barazite has returned to full training with Arsenal.

The talented youngster had played only 25 minutes of competitive first-team football when he went into a fairly innocuous challenge with Blackburn’s David Dunn in the Carling Cup tie at Ewood Park. A little stumble later and the youngster had dislocated his left shoulder.

Being carried off to a standing ovation might have numbed the pain a touch. However Barazite, talking about the injury for the first time, revealed that the state of his shoulder was not what was hurting most.

[Linked Image]

“I felt so bad, I was in some pain and I could have cried,” he told Arsenal.com. “Not tears for my shoulder but because I was going to go off. I was there, in the first-team and I was being forced off.

“I had been nervous at the start but I got a few good touches in and I was feeling comfortable. I was on for 20 minutes but it could have been more. I was disappointed to be missing out on game time with the first-team.”

In assessing the challenge, the 17-year-old still appears bemused. Inevitably, frustration resonates in his voice.

“It was a simple case of trying to make a tackle and I lost balance. But it was just a fall, a fall like you do every day in training. This time though as I went down and hit the floor I felt it pop out and I just thought ‘this is not good.’

“The physio was on, it was Gary [Lewin], and I said to him ‘Put it back, I don’t want to come off.’ But he smiled and just said it wasn’t possible.

“Then I knew I had to come off and just felt awful.

“I never thought it would happen to me. I have had the odd little problem, you know, out for a couple of days, but not a big injury like this.”

The Dutchman revealed that football wasn’t the only thing to suffer: “The day after, I was supposed to go back to Holland for my Christmas holiday, but I couldn’t go! I needed to go and see the specialist, to have an MRI scan to see how bad it was.

“Luckily the person I saw said that there was no big damage around the shoulder, to the muscles and other parts, so I didn’t need to have an operation. I would have been out for three months if I needed one so thankfully without it I was out for only one month.”

The positive scan also ensured that a return to his native Arnhem was not postponed for long.

“I managed to get back to Holland,” added Barazite. “But it wasn’t the Christmas I wanted to have. I was in a sling and couldn’t do anything.

“I kept thinking about the game, how I wanted to have finished it and come home to have a nice Christmas, but it was different.”
One suspects Barazite will have a chance to rectify the situation in the not-too-distant future.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas - Adebayor has been amazing for us

Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

Cesc Fabregas spoke exclusively to Arsenal TV Online on the pitch at Craven Cottage following Saturday's 3-0 victory over Fulham. Subscribers can now see this video interview. Fabregas discussed:

* his thoughts on the game
* the 'amazing' Emmanuel Adebayor
* the unfortunate Robin van Persie
* Philippe Senderos' form
* the state of the title race

Arsenal TV Online subscribers can now watch this video interview. If you don't subscribe to TV Online, click on the red button in the gold panel opposite.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Africans have a special motivation

It's not often that the glare of football's spotlight shines on anything but the major European leagues. However for the next few weeks Africa will enjoy its share of the attention.

The Africa Cup of Nations kicked off in Ghana at the weekend and will be compelling viewing for any Premier League manager looking to snap up the next Didier Drogba, Kolo Toure or Samuel Eto'o.

Africa has emerged as a major breeding ground for European clubs with more and more of the continent's players plying their trade away from their homeland. And with Arsene Wenger at the helm, Arsenal have been right at the front of the queue for young African talent.

[Linked Image]

The Frenchman has brought established internationals to north London like Kanu and Lauren and unearthed rough diamonds such as Toure and Emmanuel Eboue. Then there are the African-born players who become English nationals, like Fabrice Muamba.

So why do African players make the grade in Europe? Wenger puts it down to their sheer power and a special motivation to forge a career in football.

"They have power and therefore in the modern game they are quick and strong," said Wenger. "Most of them are centre backs or centre forwards.

"They are also hungry but I cannot believe we don't have hungry players in Europe. Maybe they just practise more in the streets. Every empty space in London is not for football but an area for building. In Africa it's not the same.

"But I still believe that the top of the game is only for motivated people. If they are only motivated by money it doesn't last. You can't build a career purely on a hunger for money, in the modern game you can earn it at such a young age it's not a sufficient ingredient to build a career. You need that internal burning desire."

As you'd expect, Wenger will be keeping his eye on developments in Ghana. The Frenchman will be assessing new arrivals on the international scene and hoping that Toure, Eboue and Alex Song return with medals rather than injuries.

Arsenal's Ivory Coast duo begin their Nations Cup campaign with a tough group game against Nigeria on Monday afternoon. Wenger thinks Toure and Eboue might have plenty to celebrate when the tournament ends on February 10.

"Ivory Coast has fantastic potential," he said. "Look at the number of their players in Europe. There are two Toures - one plays at Barcelona, the other at Arsenal, and they are regulars.

"England or France or anyone else could be behind these teams. Why should a country like Nigeria with 120 million people playing sport be behind England if they organise properly?"

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Gallas drafted in for Tottenham tie as injuries bite

Carling Cup
Tottenham H. v Arsenal

Injuries have forced Arsène Wenger to call on William Gallas for the Carling Cup Semi-Final second leg at Tottenham on Tuesday night.

Arsenal are without four centre backs for the short trip across North London. Kolo Toure and Alex Song are on duty at the African Nations Cup while Johan Djourou picked up a groin injury during the first leg at Emirates Stadium a fortnight ago.

The quartet is completed by Philippe Senderos who suffered a nasty blow to the nose during Saturday’s 3-0 win at Fulham. Even though Wenger has brought back his captain for a tie delicately poised at 1-1, Gallas’ partner will still be a makeshift centre back. Justin Hoyte and Gilberto are the players most likely to step in. Otherwise the manager will employ the usual squad members supplemented with a few more first-team players.

[Linked Image]

“We lost Philippe Senderos at Fulham and the injuries before that game are the same,” said Wenger on Monday afternoon.

“I will rotate the squad which means those that didn’t play on Saturday will play at Tottenham and after that I will complete it with first-team players. I will use William Gallas because I have no choice but Fabianski will play, Hoyte will play and the players that didn’t play against Fulham will all play. Walcott will feature as well.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Hoyte is quality, so I won't let him go

Carling Cup
Tottenham H. v Arsenal

Justin Hoyte has a huge fan in Arsène Wenger.

The Arsenal manager will not be letting the full back leave Emirates Stadium this season — on loan or otherwise — and the 22-year-old will play a pivotal role this evening in the Carling Cup Semi-Final second leg at White Hart Lane.

You could have been forgiven for thinking Hoyte’s days were numbered when Bacary Sagna arrived in the summer. Emmanuel Eboue had shared right back duties with the Englishman last term but suddenly the position was overcrowded.

The Ivorian’s move to midfield has created some space but Sagna’s form has restricted Hoyte to one Premier League appearance. However that is not a reflection of his value to his manager.

“I have big respect for Justin because he is a player who does not talk too much but every time I play him he is quality,” said Wenger.

“He has improved tremendously. Technically he is very good but as well he is very versatile and quick on the turn which is a great quality for a centre back. He is good in the air even if he is small and I refuse categorically to give him out [on loan].

“He can play in the centre and when I did that against Tottenham in the first leg he did very, very well.”

Such praise does raise the question of why he needed to sign Sagna.

“I felt that we needed physical power, aggression and experience at the back,” the manager replied. “I felt that Sagna, who can play across the back, had that.

“Because I wanted to move Eboue to the middle of the park I needed to buy another full back. I could not start with just two experienced full backs and Sagna has come in and played well.

“But anyway, for me, Hoyte plays in the first team. He plays a high number of games and every time I wanted to play a right back I played Justin in front of Eboue. Part of being at a big club is you accept that other players might come in and do extremely well. He has to be patient.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'I have a feeling we are in for a very late night'

Carling Cup
Tottenham H. v Arsenal

Here we go again. Another North London derby, another tense night in store and yet another chance for Tottenham to end their long winless run against Arsene Wenger's side.

Theo Walcott's fortuitous equaliser in the first leg of the Carling Cup Semi-Final at Emirates Stadium extended that sequence to 21 games but, for Spurs, the signs are promising. They have clearly improved since Juande Ramos took over. They dominated their old rivals a fortnight ago. And, while Arsenal will be bolstered by the odd first-teamer, they have home advantage against inexperienced opposition.

[Linked Image]

We asked James Callow for a Spurs perspective ahead of tonight's decisive second leg. Read on for his views on the first game at Emirates, the reaction of the Tottenham players, the class of Arsenal's substitutes bench and the return to top form of Ledley King.

James, what are your thoughts on the first leg?

It was a fantastic game, one which perhaps made even the least superstitious Spurs fans wonder whether there is some kind of jinx against them. To take the lead, to be so worthy of that and then to see a combination of Young-Pyo Lee, Theo Walcott's head, shin and heaven knows what else give Arsenal a goal, well, Spurs fans could not believe their eyes. It has obviously set things up very nicely for tonight's second leg, not just because the scores are level but because both teams will be optimistic they can reach the Final. That hasn't always been the case. For example last year the scores were level at 2-2 after the first leg but Spurs had to go to Emirates and you always felt that Arsenal would go through. It's more finely balanced this time.

It's hard to think of a more one-sided game in Tottenham's favour in the Wenger era. Was the first leg a missed opportunity for Spurs?

They did have opportunities to bury Arsenal with Steed Malbranque missing a couple. Dimitar Berbatov forced a fine save from Lukasz Fabianski so, yes, Spurs should have taken their chances. Arsenal didn't create so much.

What did the Spurs players say after the game?

They have played down any suggestions that Arsenal have a mental hold over them. They were disappointed but the key for Spurs' development is how much losing - or failing to win - hurts them over the next few years. Clearly you can see from Arsene Wenger and the way he's encouraged his players to feel, losing or failing to make the most of opportunities is the worst thing in the world to them. If Spurs go into the second leg with that kind of determination, not only thinking about the glory of Wembley but also a healthy amount of fear about failing, I think they will be in the right mindset.

Wenger has hinted he will play some first-team players. How much of a concern is that for Spurs?

Assuming it will be a similar Arsenal team, with just a couple of changes, Spurs shouldn't be too fearful. But the main fear factor from last year was that Arsenal had such a strong bench. They had Hleb and Eboue for example, players who could change the game in Arsenal's favour and were fresh.

What is the Spurs team news ahead of tonight's game?

The players definitely out are Gareth Bale, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Anthony Gardner. It's unlikely that Darren Bent will be involved, he's got a knee injury. Ledley King, Pascal Chimbonda and Robbie Keane were all rested to varying degrees on Saturday so they should all come back into the side. Malbranque is back from suspension, while Younes Kaboul might be back but he's touch and go. Radek Cerny will probably continue in goal.

Ledley King is so important to Spurs, isn't he?

He is so solid and against Arsenal he was probably Spurs' best defender. Even so he was patently not fully fit. I think he's still got a little way to go but he has demonstrated just how important he is to Spurs. Against Chelsea he was absolutely outstanding and really reminded people what a class player he is. It has been a long time since people have seen him in full flight and it was a reassuring sight for Spurs.

I suppose the lesson for Spurs from last year's Semi-Final is not to surrender the initiative if they get their noses in front.

Exactly. The difference with Juande Ramos compared to Martin Jol is that, if things are going well, Ramos will still consider changing things. Jol's temptation was generally 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. Ramos has a slightly different view in that if you achieve one goal you go and look for the next one. If they go ahead Spurs will not only look to protect their lead, they will look to add to it too and press Arsenal back.

What's your prediction for tonight's game?

It's a very, very tough one to call. I wouldn't be surprised by another draw which could of course lead to penalties. I think the game will be decided quite late on and it could be a late night.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Walcott can be a fantastic striker

Carling Cup
Tottenham H. v Arsenal

Arsène Wenger has reiterated his faith in Theo Walcott following weekend reports that the Arsenal manager was not satisfied with the progress of his teenage forward.

The second anniversary of Walcott's move from Southampton to Arsenal passed on Sunday and the 18-year-old, who is expected to feature in tonight's Carling Cup Semi-Final at Tottenham, has scored four times in 24 starts for Wenger's side.

Walcott has been deployed largely on the right side of midfield but Wenger revealed last week that his future lies as a central striker. The Frenchman admitted that Walcott was not yet at the level "where I expect him to be" but was forced to clarify his position at Monday's pre-match press conference.

[Linked Image]

"I believe that I was completely misinterpreted with what I said," Wenger insisted.

"People asked me 'do you expect more from him?'. I said of course because I cannot expect less from an 18-year-old player and I believe that he is like every player and wants to play in every game.

"I am amazed that people are surprised that he is a little bit frustrated when he doesn’t play. It is part of his job and part of his improvement.

"Overall I am very happy with him, I have said many times that he will be a player through the middle, as a striker, because the timing of his runs, the quality of his runs is fantastic and he is a clinical finisher. The time he spends on the right will help him became a fantastic striker."

Ends

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas, Adebayor and Hleb included in Carling Cup squad

Carling Cup
Tottenham H. v Arsenal

Arsène Wenger has announced his 16-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup Semi-Final second leg against Tottenham at White Hart Lane.

Arsenal squad to face Tottenham:

2 Abou DIABY
3 Bacary SAGNA
4 Cesc FABREGAS
9 EDUARDO
10 William GALLAS
13 Alexander HLEB
15 DENILSON
16 Mathieu FLAMINI
19 GILBERTO
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
25 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
26 Nicklas BENDTNER
30 Armand TRAORE
31 Justin HOYTE
32 Theo WALCOTT
40 Vito MANNONE (GK)

Seite 4 von 41 1 2 3 4 5 6 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von dragoon - 19/03/2024 12:39
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 15/03/2024 18:41
Beste Spielotheken Online
Beste Spielotheken Online
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
15 members (pik7, ghk225, AllesSuper, kafi112, Bambi, BjoernT4Y, Haiefan, Bartho01, Flip160, Hackentrick), 3,273 Gäste, und 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 95
pik7 53
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,436
Beiträge121,003
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM