bet365
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Winamax Bonus Aktionen
von BjoernT4Y - 18/03/2024 16:48
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 6 von 41 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We were close to signing Ronaldo

Manchester City 1-3 Arsenal

Arsène Wenger has revealed Arsenal were "very close" to signing Cristiano Ronaldo before he moved to Manchester United in 2003.

The Portuguese winger is having a superb season and leads the Premier League scoring charts with 19 goals. Overall the 22-year-old has 54 strikes in 149 games for Sir Alex Ferguson's side - a great ratio from midfield. But he so nearly plied his exciting trade at Emirates Stadium.

[Linked Image]

"I knew about him yes," said Wenger at Friday's pre-match press conference. "We were very close. Manchester United had a partnership with Sporting Lisbon when Carlos Queiroz came in - that made the difference.

"One day I will tell you more about that story and you will be surprised. But you will have to ask him how close it was."

Wenger's own striker, Emmanuel Adebayor, is the nearest challenger to Ronaldo in the scoring charts with 16. The Arsenal manager was surprised to see that particular pair so far clear at the top.

"I expected Rooney to be in there, also Owen but he was injured," said Wenger. "I am not surprised too much that Adebayor scores more goals, but I did not expect Ronaldo to score as many as he has because he plays on the wing.

"Someone asked me in an interview today what is the difference between Ronaldo and Messi? For me it is the goals. Messi is more of a dribbler in a very short space, but Ronaldo is good in the air, good on free-kicks, right foot, left foot. He has developed very well."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Adebayor is best in Premier League

Arsène Wenger believes he has the Premier League’s best striker in Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Togolese front man is bang in form at the moment with nine goals in his last seven games. His 16 strikes put him second in the top-flight scoring charts behind only Cristiano Ronaldo.

And, when you consider that Robin van Persie has been out for much of 2007 while Eduardo and Nicklas Bendtner have been undergoing a process of adaptation for much of the current campaign, it is easy to see why Wenger heaped praise on the 24-year-old at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Manchester City game.

“Adebayor is the best striker in the Premier League at the moment,” said the Frenchman. “He’s mobile, he’s quick, he’s not scared and he’s brave. For me that’s a fantastic quality, especially in England.

"He doesn’t get enough credit for his touch. He has good feet, quick feet, and is a complete striker. He can still improve the timing of his runs as he sometimes gets caught offside, and, just with that, he can score 10 more goals each season.

“He’s a strong character in the dressing room and a winner. He’s a guy who made mistakes at the start of his career, and has realised here that there’s another life rather than being easy.

“He smells that he can win, and is a winner. When he realised that he could live in the big world of top-class football players it changed him, and today he’s a different animal, mainly mentally. He realised he wasted some time and it was time for him to be serious.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Manchester City1
Fernandes 28

Arsenal3
Adebayor 9, 88, Eduardo 26

Emmanuel Adebayor scored two goals and made another as Arsenal secured a crucial victory at Manchester City on Saturday.

The Togolese striker clipped home Bacary Sagna's cross in the ninth minute and Alex Hleb's cut back three minutes from time to give him 11 strikes in his last eight games.

Inbetween those efforts he also nodded down Gael Clichy's swirling cross for Eduardo to hook home Arsenal's second goal midway through the first half.

Manchester City responded immediately when Gelson Fernandes fired in after Verdan Corluka robbed Clichy. And the home side did threaten periodically after the interval.

[Linked Image]

But Arsenal always had the game under control and, in Adebayor, they have undoubtedly the best forward in the country right now.

His second at death secured the points and the final stages of the game were played out with the visiting fans singing his name.

At full time we did not know the full significance of this result as Manchester United and Chelsea were still to play.

But Arsenal - and particularly Adebayor - had done their part in style.

The 14 outfield players used at the City of Manchester Stadium on Saturday were, according to Wenger, the only ones he had. In all nine players were out.

Manuel Almunia (thumb) and Gilberto (back) dropped out on Friday. Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Denilson (hamstring) Johan Djourou (groin) and Robin van Persie (thigh) already had injuries while Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Alex Song were on international duty.

Apart from Almunia, Wenger's side was the same one that had beaten Newcastle in midweek. Jens Lehmann's appearance was his first in the Premier League since August 19.

There had been a snow overnight in Manchester and it was bitterly cold for this lunchtime kick-off. However, with Sir Alex Ferguson's side at Tottenham and Chelsea at Portsmouth, all three title contenders were facing tough games this afternoon.

An Arsenal victory in the early game would leave the others playing catch-up. It was no time for a cold start.
But that was so nearly how it turned out. In the sixth minute, Fernandes clipped a ball forward and Stephen Ireland beat the offside trap. Had the Manchester City midfielder shown a little more confidence he may have been able to touch the ball past the advancing Lehmann. However his indecision allowed the keeper time to gather the ball.

That was the closest the home side would come to leading this afternoon as, two minutes later, Arsenal went in front. Hleb won the ball in midfield and found Fabregas. He sent Sagna scampering into the area on the right side. The full back showed wonderful tenacity and strength to muscle past two defenders and cut the ball back to the near post. Adebayor's shot hit Micah Richards, looped over Joe Hart and dropped silently into the net.

The Arsenal fans were positioned at the other end and they did not register the goal for a couple of seconds. They soon made up for their hesitancy.

The strike was Arsenal's 50th in the Premier League this season, 17 of which had now been supplied by Adebayor.

Diaby made an important headed clearance from Martin Petrov's free-kick shortly afterwards but the visitors were starting to take control.

Midway through the half, Eduardo found space on the left but decided against a first-time shot. Instead he passed square to Adebayor who then found Hleb. Finally Fabregas saw his shot deflected out for a corner. A wasted opportunity but, overall, Arsenal were cutting through the home defence with ease and second was in the offing. It arrived in the 26th minute.

The excellent William Gallas won possession from Petrov and a sweeping move found Clichy whose high hanging cross was nodded down by Adebayor at the far post. The Togolese striker had drawn the attention of the Manchester City defence so when the ball came down Eduardo had time to chest it down and hook home. A superb team goal.

Arsenal were playing wonderfully and deserved their lead but they would not be allowed to cruise home this afternoon.

Three minutes later, Clichy tried to shepherd the ball away from Corluka on the byline but the Croat won possession. He cut the ball back to Fernandes who threaded his shot into the net through a crowded area.

However the home team failed to build on their goal. Before the break Adebayor forced a fine save from Joe Hart and Elano had to clear off the line - both from headers. Inbetween those chances, Gallas flashed an effort across the face of goal from a corner.

Petrov fired a shot wide just before the break. When the whistle blew Arsenal were in control of a disjointed Manchester City side but had yet to put them out sight.

The home side were better after the break but Lehmann was rarely troubled in the opening stages. Gradually Arsenal began to create pressure with a string of corners. Just before the hour, Hleb crossed from the right, Adebayor touched the ball on and Fabregas, leaning back, sidefooted the ball over the bar.

Five minutes later, the Spaniard sent the striker through with Richard Dunne and Richards in pursuit. All three ended up in a heap in the area but, despite protests from the away fans, referee Andre Marriner waved away penalty appeals from the crowd.

Substitute Darius Vassell then went clear, forcing the sliding Lehmann to hack clear and Elano drifted a shot over.

Manchester City had certainly made the second half a more even affair. However, when they got in promising positions they did not have the ingenuity to create a decent chance.

Arsenal might have killed game with a breakaway 15 minutes from time but Eduardo's ball was nudged off course by Michael Ball when Fabregas was waiting in anticipation at the far post.

Nine minutes from time the Spaniard did get a sight of goal but he crashed his effort a few feet wide.

But Arsenal had been threatening a second goal for some time. It arrived just before the end when Hleb broke up the right and squared the ball for Adebayor to tap a shot home.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
WENGER'S VIEW

Arsene Wenger'He is so composed now, a complete forward'

On the performance...
"Overall we controlled the game and scored very good goals. We lost a fraction of concentration and it came back to 2-1. From then on it was a case of not making a mistake at the back and trying as quickly as possible to get the third goal. We got caught in the between the two.

"But we did not concede a goal and kept good control of the game. Manchester City as well wanted to wait until the last 15 minutes to bring the strikers on. The game opened up and we naturally got the third goal. I believe it is a deserved win."

On Adebayor not going to the African Nations Cup...
"At the moment I am glad in every match that he stayed at home with us."

On whether he'd swap him for Ronaldo right now...
"I don't consider the problem like that. I have a lot of respect for Ronaldo but I am happy with the players I have. They are different players. I believe that Ronaldo is more of a winger type and Adebayor is a real centre forward. But he has made big improvement this season and has been remarkably consistent. I like the fact that he not only scores goal but he had a big impact on the two centre backs today. Their two good centre backs."

On where he has improved...
"His movement off the ball, his finishing, his calmness. I don't know if some people have seen when he first came to us he was not really composed in front of goal. Now he looks really composed."

On setting targets for Adebayor...
"On the contrary I have said that for me the top scorer in the table is not important. I had seasons when we had the best striker in the Premier League and we did not win. What is important is that the team wins so I asked him to focus on his team performance."

On Adebayor's character...
"He is a generous type of guy. He has big, big stamina plus great strength and power. He loves to play."

On his potential...
"When you are a long time on the job you don't set any limits on anybody. Human beings can always surprise you. You accept that. His form is linked with his mental state. He enjoys it all. Above all there is a great understanding in the team. That makes people more comfortable and confident. That is where you see the best of the team."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - A 'global game' is almost inevitable

Arsenal 2-0 Blackburn Rovers

The idea of playing Premier League games abroad is the result of football's inevitable move towards globalisation, according to Arsène Wenger.

On Thursday, it emerged that plans were being considered to play a round of top-flight games overseas in a few season's time. The Arsenal manager was not surprised.

"It is inevitable in some way," he said at his pre-match press conference on Friday. "Why? Because communications is always quicker. Right now if I tell you Philippe Senderos is injured in the same minute a guy in China can read that as well. That was not the case 20 years ago. So football is already global through television or media.

"Where it is not global is in access to the competition. At the moment TV gives access to the best in the world. And that means there will be a pressure for the best playing against the best.

"So then the question you ask is can the best against the best only be in England? And I think that’s what the Premier League is trying to do. Not to lose the best domestically but to promote them abroad and keep the best in England. Will that last? I don’t know."

It is an interesting view for Wenger to take given that he has famously refused major money to take his side on promotional pre-season tours.

"For one friendly game they offered to pay cash up front," he said. "But I thought it is not the right way for us to prepare for the League."

However, it seems, competitive matches are different in his eyes.

"It is better to fly the team around the world for a competitive game than for friendlies," said the 58-year-old. "I have seen the French national team flying to Australia and then the next month flying to Chile for friendly. Nobody knows why.

"But if it is real competition then you don't cheat people. You can't satisfy people anymore with half competitive games because they always see the best on television. You cannot keep them happy with friendlies now."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We could play abroad but not for money

Arsène Wenger is open-minded about the idea of Premier League clubs playing a competitive game overseas in the future - as long as it is for the good of the game and not just for money.

The idea was first mooted on Thursday and immediately brought condemnation from various sections of the football fraternity. The Arsenal manager wants to know much more detail about the proposals before he comes down for or against. However, speaking at his press conference on Friday, he refused to dismiss the notion without further examination.

"By principle, I am not against innovation," he said. "And I like that somebody is thinking 'how can we promote the League and promote English football?'

"But you have to respect basic criteria - the competitiveness of our League, the fairness of our League, and, as well make sure that it is a promotion for our football.

"If it's just to make £5m or £6m more then it's not worth doing. We have to check that it is really to give something competitive to the rest of the world, not just a chance to make a few more millions because that will go into the wages straight away and it will all be equal again. It's not worth doing it only for money.

"Having said that, it deserves a deeper look into because it's not a decision, and you have to think forward always. We are, at the moment, certainly creating a new fan-base.

"What you can say at the moment is that 10 per cent of our fans have access to our competitive games, and 90 per cent have no access at all to competitive games.

"Do you want to give them something? I can agree with that idea. But is this the best way to do it? That has to be checked because I am not completely sure."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger happy to face questions over Bentley

Whenever Arsenal play Blackburn, Arsène Wenger spends a large proportion of his pre-match press conference talking about David Bentley - and he is perfectly happy about it.

The Frenchman allowed the talented home-grown midfielder to leave permanently just two years ago. Since then he has gone on to become one of the most exciting young talents in the Premier League.

The 23-year-old made his first start for England last week, thus equalling the number he achieved at Arsenal if you leave out Carling Cup appearances. Despite that, and his subsequent success, Wenger is perfectly content to be questioned over the wisdom of letting him go.

"Bentley is having a good development in his career and I am very happy for him," said the manager ahead of the weekend.

"I let him go at a moment where I could have said 'no, you stay here', but I was also conscious there were big players in front of him and he was not experienced enough. You have to consider if it is fair to them not to let them go, even if it hurts you later.

"I knew there would be some stage where people said 'why did you let him go?'. But, when I make that kind of decision, I am then happy someone asks me this question later because it means he has been a success elsewhere.

"Of course, it can come back to haunt you and Bentley is a great player now. I don't know whether he would play here now and whether he would be a regular or not. But he has the quality.

"It is sometimes difficult to let a player go when you know it is just a question of timing. But at the end of the day, you cannot keep everybody. You would end up with 45 players and nobody would play."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Cesc can cure his own growing pains

Arsène Wenger has hailed the self-help therapy employed by Cesc Fabregas this season.

Last term, the Spanish midfielder had an equally impressive campaign but, by his manager's own admission, did get drawn into some heated incidents. One of them came against tonight's visitors Blackburn at the end of an FA Cup tie at Emirates Stadium.

This season, Fabregas has retained his form and jettisoned his temper. But, as Wenger revealed before the weekend, he has had little to do with it.

"Cesc is committed and you always like your players to have a winning attitude," said the Frenchman. "Sometimes it can go a little bit over the top but Cesc has behaved remarkably well this season - I cannot remember one incident.

[Linked Image]

"There was maybe a stage, for about six months, where he went a bit the wrong way but he corrected that very well and without any special management from me. He is so intelligent that he realised that is not the way he wanted to go.

"If I feel that the players aren't managing to do it themselves then I will help them to do it. But in his case, there was no need. He apologised [for the Blackburn incident] and from then on there have been no problems with him.

"Maybe the outrage in the media prompted that but I always feel that talented, great players have a fair assessment of their performances and their behaviour. They go home and they ask themselves: 'what did I do right today and what did I do wrong today?' They analyse what happen and they rectify their behaviour and improve their attitude."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal

Senderos 4, Adebayor 90

Blackburn Rovers

Arsenal moved five points clear at the top of the Premier League with a fraught and frantic 2-0 win over Blackburn at Emirates Stadium on Monday night.

From the fourth to the 92nd minute, only a Philippe Senderos header divided the sides.

Arsenal created the better of the chances - most notably when Alex Hleb thumped a shot against the base of the post - but they never quite killed off a resilient Blackburn side until Emmanuel Adebayor cracked home a close-range shot just before the final whistle.

As Manchester United and Chelsea will testify, title victories are build on performances such as this - when, with the pressure mounting, you respond in the most positive way.

[Linked Image]

Make no mistake, despite Blackburn's endeavour, tonight Arsenal fully deserved their three points. It was not comfortable but games such as these never are. And, remember, it won't get any easier from here on in.

But this evening Arsenal proved to their fans, the Premier League and themselves that they have the stuff of champions.

In the build-up to this game, Wenger had suggested he might be without as many as 11 first-team players. In the end, Senderos (knee) and Mathieu Flamini (hamstring) recovered in time to make it.

However the absentee list was still lengthy: Emmanuel Eboue, Kolo Toure, Alex Song (all international duty), Johan Djourou (groin), Robin van Persie (thigh), Abou Diaby (calf), Manuel Almunia (sick), Denilson (hamstring) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring). Yet despite all that, there was actually only one change in the starting XI - Gilberto returning in place of Diaby.

This was always going to be one of the toughest of Arsenal's remaining home fixtures. But all of a sudden it had become massive.

Since Arsenal had won at Eastlands last Saturday lunchtime, Manchester United had come within a 94th-minute equaliser of dropping six points. In fact they had dropped five. Meanwhile third-place Chelsea had let two slip at home to Liverpool on Sunday.

For the first time since that trip to Newcastle just before Christmas, Arsenal had the chance to lead the Premier League table by more than a nose.

And they were certainly the quicker out of the stalls this evening.

They simply deluged Blackburn in the opening stages. In the second minute, Bacary Sagna skipped past a couple of challenges on the right and crossed for the unmarked Fabregas, whose chest control let him down at the crucial moment.

Then Eduardo went through only but was clipped just before he reached the area and his stumble allowed the Blackburn defence to sweep the ball behind for a corner. Fabregas fired it over to the edge of the six-yard box where it was met by a firm header from Senderos.

The Swiss defender was engulfed by his team-mates after the ball went in. In the circumstances you sensed it might a crucial goal in the season not just the game.

Arsenal did not sit back and admire their work. They swarmed all over the visitors in the minutes that followed. Adebayor and Eduardo received the ball in dangerous positions as the Blackburn defence creaked under the weight of mounting Arsenal pressure. Steven Reid flicked a header wide from Bentley's free-kick but when Flamini skied a lay-off from Sagna yards over the bar in the 19th minute it was pretty much the first thing the home side had done wrong all evening.

Midway through the half the French midfielder should have made amends when he went raced onto Fabregas' header. However his bobbling drive bounced away off Brad Friedel's legs.

The tempo dropped markedly after that and Blackburn finally emerged from their own half and won a couple of corners. However the excellent Sagna inspired Arsenal into further forays forward.

Blackburn gave the home side their first genuine scare in the 36th minute when Brett Emerton curled over a cross from the right that Benni McCarthy and Roque Santa Cruz got a touch on. Both had too much space and had either made a solid connection the scores would have been level.

The Paraguayan nearly slid in a goal late in the half from Andre Ooijer's raking cross. Arsenal had been dominant team in the opening period but, at the break, the visitors had suggested they would be the test many had predicted.

Bentley nearly proved that in the opening seconds when he bent a low free-kick towards the near post and the stooping Lehmann shovelled the ball wide.

But Arsenal might have made the game safe seconds later when Eduardo appeared on the right and eschewed his team-mates in the middle to drill a pass to Hleb on the far side of the area. The Belarus midfielder took a touch and hammered his drive against the base of the post.

To this point Adebayor had being having a quiet game compared to his imperious form of late. That changed in the 53rd minute when he collected Eduardo's chip forward, cruised past his marker and thumped an angled shot against the legs of Friedel.

The game was opening up now. Arsenal looked the team more likely to score but Blackburn were having an ominous amount of pressure. Emirates Stadium was as nervy as it was passionate.

The greatest soothing influence from a home perspective was now Adebayor. Fifteen minutes from time, he tricked his way past a couple of defenders in the area and fired low at Friedel. The American half-saved it and the ball was cleared. The Togolese striker did something similar a couple of minutes later but this time the ball went out for a corner.

Hleb stung Friedel's hands with 10 minutes left as Arsenal began to look like the end of the game would see them as dominant as the start.

Fabregas had a couple of effort in the dying minutes. The better of them was a flashing shot just wide.

Two minutes into added time, the second finally arrived. Hleb waltzed into space inside the area and squared to Adebayor who slammed home his shot from the edge of the six-yard box.

Arsenal had taken full advantage of their rivals' faltering form.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsène Wenger: 'We want to grab this chance'

Barclays Premier League

on an important weekend...
"It was a very good weekend for us because after the results of yesterday we were a bit under pressure to take advantage of the situation. We did it - I think we had a good start, with a good drive, going forward for the first twenty minutes, we scored an early goal. The second one didn't come and then Blackburn came back into the game in the last twenty minutes of the first half."

on the second period...
"In the second half I feel always we controlled the game, Friedel kept them in it, we were a little bit in-between 'let's not make a defensive mistake' and 'go forward and score absolutely the second goal' and I think the dominance was a bit in the side tonight - 'let's not make a defensive mistake and we'll score another one'. But overall, that's why I sometimes believed we missed something going forward, but overall Friedel kept them in the game and we scored a goal in the last minute."

on he road ahead..
"We had always the belief from the first day on but there is still a long way to go, you could see again tonight that as soon as you are not at your best at the top you can drop points, and we have seen that over the weekend. We still have twelve games, we are in a good position, we believe we can do it but we are not a fool as well, we know it's far from being over and we will have to fight until the last minute of the championship, certainly. We have a hard programme in front of us like everybody else."

on the growing pressure...
"I don't know, I feel we handled the pressure every time very well this week, this year, when we had our backs to the wall. For example last week we played first, at Man City, we won. This week we played last and we won as well. So in all the different kind of situation we faced we came up with - the only answer you can give when you are strong is to win your game."

on sitting five points ahead of United...
"I don't want my team to focus on the difference between us and the rest, I want them to focus on strengthening our lead and going to every game to keep that momentum going and assert our authority and to win every game, play like real challengers."

on the fans...
"They were a bit nervy tonight with one-nil. Of course, let's not be a hypocrite, you cannot say you are five points in front and you don't believe... you believe you have no chance, of course our supporters believe - rightly so. We believe we have a chance to do it but we are conscious as well that we have to keep our humility and our team spirit and the way we want to play the game, and focus very well on the way we want to play the game."

on being tipped as favourites...
"I don't know, that is always outside the group, you know? That's in people's minds, in our minds we believe we can do it and we want to grab this chance."

on Adebayor's run of goals...
"He can score goals but I believe as well all the strikers as well benefit from the outstanding teamwork, and it's not a coincidence that strikers who play here score goals because everybody goes forward, everybody gives you good balls and the team feeds you when you're a good striker. Here you get quite good food!"

on Fabregas appearing on the right...
"I had no real choice, Fabregas was three days in bed and credit to him, you know, not only did he play but we took him out of bed to play tonight and we played him in a different position. That shows you as well how much these players are up for it."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Senderos - It was a smashing performance

Barclays Premier League

Philippe Senderos' fourth-minute header, his second goal of the season, set the foundations for another victory for the Gunners at Emirats Stadium. The win thrust Arsenal five points clear at the top of the Premier League and afterwards the Swiss defender spoke to Arsenal TV Online. He discussed:

* the importance of getting three points
* keeping a clean sheet
* concentrating on set-pieces
* his injury worries
* turning attention to the FA Cup

[Linked Image]

Subscribers can now watch this footage on Arsenal TV Online. If you don't subscribe to TV Online, click on the red button on the gold panel opposite.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - Henry keeps me focused on title

Barclays Premier League

Emmanuel Adebayor has revealed that Thierry Henry is helping to keep him motivated for the title run-in.

The Togolese striker scored his 19th Premier League goal of the campaign on Monday night as Arsenal beat Blackburn 2-0 to go five points clear at the top of the table.

It is a far cry from the pre-season predictions of doom and gloom; much of which was based on Henry’s departure to Barcelona. Since then Adebayor has filled his shooting boots with aplomb but the Frenchman is still having an influence.

"Thierry to me is like a big brother,” said the 23-year-old in the tunnel less than an hour after the match. “He already sent a message to me after the game to congratulate me.

[Linked Image]

"He talked to me a lot during the summer when he was leaving, he calls me and we have a lot of chats. He believes in my strength and my quality so I just want to thank him a lot because he helped me out a lot.

"A lot of times he sends me messages saying that I may have scored 15 or 16 but I know you can score more if you concentrate in every game.

"That is what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to listen to the advice and at the moment it's working so I'm very happy. I think Thierry keeps in touch with a lot of people [here]."

Monday’s victory put a little daylight between Arsenal and the chasing pair. However, if anything, it only adds to the pressure on Wenger’s side. As the questions to Adebayor demonstrated.

"I don't know about it being our title to lose,” he replied to one. “The feeling I have is that we have a good squad, we want to win it and we can achieve it. So we just have to keep doing our job and enjoy ourselves on the pitch.

"Five points [clear] is very good and we are very happy. Like we always said, the title is really something this year but we know Man United can always come from behind somewhere. We just want to keep our focus and keep what we are doing at the moment.

"We are enjoying ourselves on the pitch,” he concluded. “We can talk about whether we win the title at the end of the season."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Ivorian duo in contention for Old Trafford tie

Manchester United v Arsenal
FA Cup Round 5

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are in contention for Saturday's FA Cup tie at Manchester United.

The Ivorian duo returned from the Africa Cup of Nations on Monday and are due to report for training today. Neither Toure or Eboue played in their country's final game in Ghana, the third and fourth place play-off against the hosts on Saturday, but they could feature at Old Trafford.

[Linked Image]

Arsène Wenger admitted before the Blackburn game that he was down to the "bare bones" thanks to injuries and international commitments. Manuel Almunia, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky, Robin van Persie, Denilson and Johan Djourou were all sidelined for Arsenal’s 2-0 victory but Rosicky could return at the weekend.

"Kolo and Eboue came back today [Monday] so we hope to see them tomorrow to see if they're not injured," said Wenger at his post-match press conference.

"Rosicky, he looks better. Van Persie looks better, but he is still a few weeks away. But Rosicky maybe has a little chance for Saturday."

Arsenal.com will bring you the latest injury news on Thursday afternoon.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Diaby - Why the Old Trafford tie will not lack intensity

FA Cup
Manchester United v Arsenal

With the Champions League around the corner and a Premier League title to fight for, some might expect Saturday's FA Cup tie between Manchester United and Arsenal to lack its usual intensity.

Abou Diaby disagrees. The French midfielder expects both sides to give it everything at Old Trafford and believes that the winner of the Fifth Round tie could have a psychological advantage when the title rivals go head to head at the same venue in April.

[Linked Image]

"I think we want to play well in every competition whether it's the FA Cup, the Champions League or the League," Diaby told Arsenal TV Online. "We want to win all of them because we are a big club and we want to win trophies. This Saturday is very important to us.

"Maybe a win will give us a psychological advantage. We just want to give our best and win the game."

Unfortunately, Diaby will not get a chance to make his mark in the FA Cup this weekend. The 21-year-old suffered a calf injury against Manchester City at the start of February.

"I took a kick around the ankle against Manchester City and my calf felt very stiff," explained Diaby. "I won’t make the match against Manchester United, but I hope to be back as soon as I can."

Subscribers can watch our exclusive interview with Abou on Thursday. In it he discusses: the FA Cup tie at Old Trafford, the mood in the Arsenal squad, the mental toughness they need to win the title, watching Manchester United's games, Emmanuel Adebayor's incredible form and the Togo striker's impact in the dressing room.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

FA Cup Round 5

Manchester United

Rooney 16, Fletcher 20, 74, Nani 38

Arsenal

The success of Arsenal's season will now depend on their Premier League and Champions League progress after they were unceremoniously knocked out of the FA Cup by Manchester United at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Before this Fifth Round tie, Arsène Wenger had suggested his side were "down to the bare bones". And they were certainly dead and buried within 20 minutes this afternoon after Wayne Rooney and Darren Fletcher scored with headers.

Nani added another seven minutes before the break and, after Emmanuel Eboue had been dismissed, Fletcher netted once more 16 minutes from time.

It was a poor performance from Arsenal, who were caught by Manchester United's early onslaught and never really escaped.

[Linked Image]

But, like their 5-1 Carling Cup exit at the hands of Tottenham, the travelling supporters can take comfort in the fact that their side's priorities lie elsewhere.

Towards the end of the game, those fans, who were perhaps Arsenal's best performer on the day, sang "we'll be back to win the League".

Time will tell about that.

Before then, on Wednesday, Arsenal entertain Milan in the Champions League Knockout Round first leg.

Despite all their injuries, Wenger would surely welcome a little bout of amnesia before then.

Because this game is best forgotten.

Arsenal had travelled to Manchester on Friday without nine players but, more tellingly, with a further three carrying injuries.

In the end the entire trio - Philippe Senderos (knee), Gael Clichy (hamstring) and Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring) - started on the bench.

The full injured list was as follows as: Johan Djourou (groin), Robin van Persie (thigh), Abou Diaby (calf), Manuel Almunia (sick), Denilson (hamstring), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Theo Walcott (thigh), Alex Song (muscular) and Bacary Sagna (personal reasons).

It meant the side that Wenger named was pretty much his full compliment of fit players.

Justin Hoyte and Armand Traore were the full backs while Kolo Toure and Eboue were playing their first games for Arsenal since the 2-0 win at Burnley in the Third Round.

William Gallas and Cesc Fabregas started despite suggestions they may be rested ahead of the Milan game. Manchester United's only concessions to their tie at Lyon were the omission of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez. However Rooney was back after missing the defeat to Manchester City through suspension.

It had been a clear bright day in Manchester. But by 5.15pm, it had gotten cold. However the bristling atmosphere was something to behold.

This was not only Arsenal v Manchester United but it was far and away the tie of the Fifth Round. Not even Liverpool's surprise exit to Barnsley could detract from that.

However Manchester United began the afternoon like they were in the mood to make some headlines - and they barely relented all game.

As early as the eighth minute, Anderson saw a left-footed drive saved at the near post by Jens Lehmann.

Soon after, Nani swung over a corner to the edge of the six-yard box and Gallas sliced the ball behind. The Frenchman erred again a couple of minutes later and Lehmann raced to the edge of his area to boot the ball clear as Rooney sprinted through.

At this stage it was all Manchester United so it was no surprise to see them take the lead on the quarter-hour. Bendtner half-cleared Nani's corner and Anderson nodded it back goalwards for Rooney to divert a header past Lehmann from close range.

Almost immediately it was 2-0. Nani twisted and turned past Hoyte on the byline then clipped a ball to the near post for Darren Fletcher to power home a header from point-blank range. Though Gallas may have got the final touch.

Only 20 minutes had gone and the visitors had barely settled. And they were now facing perhaps the most difficult task in British football over the last 15 years - clawing back a sizeable lead at Old Trafford.

Arsenal responded in some way when Bendtner touched the ball to Gallas on the left and his cross picked out Hleb on the edge of the area. The Belarus midfielder hit it first time but Patrice Evra blocked.

The ball flew up the other end and, once again, Lehmann had to race out to boot away the danger as Rooney went clear.

The England striker was having a superb game. However just past the half-hour he might have done better when, with only Gallas to beat, he trickled a shot well wide.

A couple of minutes later Rooney expertly chested down Fletcher's cross but his drive was disappointing. Still, the former Everton striker was causing untold trouble in the Arsenal backline.

However the third goal had nothing to Rooney. In the 38th minute Michael Carrick clipped a simple ball forward over Gallas' head and Nani steered in a left-foot shot. Again it had been a straightforward move. Arsenal just had not defended it well enough.

At the break, the chat amongst the creditable number of travelling fans must have been dominated by thoughts of damage limitation rather than a Sixth Round tie in a couple of weeks time.

Just to hammer home the point, within two minutes of the restart, Lehmann had saved twice from Rooney - once from a snap-shot and once from a free-kick.

However almost immediately a sizeable problem became a mountain when Eboue received a straight red card for a high tackle on Nani.

The decision ended any hope of an Arsenal comeback. The contest was over.

Just past the hour, Rooney steered a shot wide and drew a fine save from Lehmann. Despite his excellent game, the Manchester United man should have converted more of the glorious positions he had got himself into.

In the 63rd minute Arsenal created perhaps only their second legitimate chance of the game when Eduardo guided a header over the bar from a floated ball into the area by Fabregas.

Anderson, another eye-catching performance this afternoon, had another couple of chances to extend Manchester United's lead. Then Nani curled an effort wide.

Just after that Wenger made a triple substitution - Senderos, Adebayor and Mathieu Flamini for Eduardo, Hleb and Fabregas. It seemed to be a move made with Milan in mind.

Quite ironically, just as Arsenal had strengthened, Manchester United got their fourth when Nani crossed and Fletcher rose highest at the far post to head home.

There were only two real chances for a fifth. Both fell to substitute Louis Saha, prodded meekly at the legs of Lehmann and then blazed wide.

Thankfully the whistle blew a couple of minutes later.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'We need to recover quickly before Milan'

Manchester United 4-0 Arsenal

on a very bad day...
"Positive points are difficult to find because overall we were not up to the level of the game. We know that and the players know that aswell. It is difficult to find positives in our game. The only one I can see is that we do not have anymore injuries than we had at the start of the game."

on the rest of the season...
"The targets that are in front of us are very clear. They are the Premier League and the Champions League. We are not in a position where we have to make a choice. We just have balanced fixtures now. We need to pick ourselves up quickly because we have a massive game on Wednesday night."

on ever having serious thoughts of a treble...
"Not really but you try and make a choice as late as you can. It is a difficult to swallow for the players today because it looked like we did not have the physical resources to come back into the game. We need to recover quickly because we need to be at our best to beat Milan."

on concern over Nani's juggling...
"And rightly so. Nani had a very good game today but it was not needed. It is a little bit [disrespectful]. But it can happen to a young player. I hope he learns from that and does not do it again.."

on the red card...
"It looked harsh from outside. The game was over after the sending off and maybe even before because we never looked like we could come back today."

on heavy defeats in the Cups...
"At the moment it is unbelievable. When we lose in the cup we get a hiding. We don't concede in the League but when we do concede we do it well!"

on injury problems...
"Nobody was fit on the bench and all of them were recommended as risky. The most dangerous player was Clichy who I did not touch at all. The others had hamstring problems."

on the League fixture in April...
"You will see us in a different shape when we come back and I hope the pitch will be in different shape aswell."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I don't yet know when I will retire

FA Cup
Manchester United 4-0 Arsenal

Arsène Wenger will only retire when he loses the "physical desire to win".

This week the Arsenal manager reportedly suggested he could go on for another 20 years. However, at Friday's press conference, the 58-year-old was not prepared to put a time-frame on it. In reality, Wenger said, his body would tell him when it was time to go.

“I was asked when I want to retire and I said ‘I don’t know’," he commented. "It could be tomorrow, it could be 10 years.

"I must say I don’t think like that, I think about the next game and say 'let’s do it'.

"It’s a balance between internal desire, the instinctive animal desire to fight and win plus being wise enough to make the right decisions.

"Also you must give yourself a good distance from the pressure. I cannot imagine being sat on the bench at 92 saying ‘come on my friend let’s do it’.

[Linked Image]

"Anyway," he joked. "Giovanni Trappatoni has just signed for Ireland at 69 and you want me out at 58!"

The Frenchman took charge of his first club, AS Nancy, in 1984. That was a full decade after his opponent on Saturday, Sir Alex Ferguson, did likewise at East Stirlingshire. At 66, the Scot is eight years older than Wenger but his inner desire has barely diminished. It is something both men have in common.

“Of course," replied the Arsenal boss when the point was put to him. "As long as winning means something to you, you go for it because you sacrifice nearly everything for the next game and you live the life of a professional football player.

"That means if it’s not so important any more you are not ready to sacrifice, to not go out and prepare like a player.

"You only do that because it has massive meaning for you to win.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Euro Watch: Milan stutter in push for fourth

Arsenal v AC Milan

Having successfully navigated their way through Group H, Arsenal will now face defending champions AC Milan in the First Knockout Stage of the Uefa Champions League. Keep up to date with the fortunes of the Italian giants in our weekly Euro Watch.
AC

Parma 0-0 AC Milan
Saturday, February 17, 2008
The return from injury of Brazilian playmaker Kaka failed to lift AC Milan as they faltered in their charge up the Serie A ladder with a goalless draw at Parma.

The Rossoneri’s second draw in four days is far from ideal preparation for Wednesday’s titanic Champions League clash with the Gunners.

Parma sit precariously close to the drop zone but were full value for the point as Milan’s problems in front of goal were underlined by a tally of just three shots on target from 16 attempts.

Kaka’s return could not have come soon enough with South American colleagues Ronaldo and Alexandre Pato sidelined. Carlo Ancelotti’s team are adrift of fourth-placed Fiorentina and are struggling to find any consistency.

Both sides had chances to register during the 90 minutes with Filippo Inzaghi the most profligate for the visitors. The late arrival of Paolo Maldini, making his 1000th professional appearance, did little but bring a hint of sentiment to what was a dour occasion.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Gilberto - We will come back even stronger

Arsenal v AC Milan

Gilberto has urged his team-mates to bounce back against Milan on Wednesday so "they don't let the opportunity to win a trophy slip by".

Like his manager, Arsenal's Brazilian midfielder offered no excuses for Saturday's 4-0 beating at Manchester United in the FA Cup Fifth Round. The visitors were clearly second-best on the day.

However, as everybody knows, the priorities this season have always been the Premier League and Champions League. So, according to Gilberto, any lethargy and despondency must be shaken off before Milan visit Emirates Stadium on Wednesday in the last 16 of the latter competition.

[Linked Image]

"Of course we can bounce back," he said. "In their last game Manchester United had a disappointing result against Manchester City and they came back strong in the next game. It is the same for us now.

"All of us are disappointed in the way that we played. But we will come back even stronger in the next game. We don’t want to let this opportunity slip by.

"We must do it if we want to achieve something because this group is very ambitious to win a trophy this season. Of course we are disappointed we were knocked out of the FA Cup.

"Now we must just think about Milan, put the result behind us and perform better at home."

There have been suggestions that this result demonstrates Manchester United's strength in depth compared to Arsenal - perhaps a crucial component in the title run-in. However, the visiting fans sang "we'll be back to win the League" and Gilberto supported their confidence.

"Of course," he answered when asked if his squad was still the stronger. "You would if you had seen our games since the start of the competition and now we are five points clear. For a young team this is not that easy.

"It is important to keep our consistency in the League now. It is also important for us to take advantage of the situation that is in our favour, learn from our mistakes and not let this sort of result happen again in the next game."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger slams door on Barcelona rumour

Champions League
Arsenal v AC Milan

Arsène Wenger has dismissed out of hand reports linking him with the manager's job at Barcelona.

Of course, there is no vacancy at the Camp Nou. But reports in the Spanish media last week suggested the Arsenal manager was being lined-up to replace Frank Rijkaard. Speaking before the weekend, Wenger barely wasted breath on the idea.

"It's not the first time [there has been speculation]," he said. "But I'm happy where I am. I have no intention of moving and I want to carry on."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - European league may still go ahead

Champions League
Arsenal v AC Milan

Arsène Wenger believes that the disbandment of G-14 has not ended the prospect of a European super league.

The group, which consisted of 18 leading European clubs, had explored the idea of establishing an exclusive league but was dissolved on Friday following talks with Fifa and Uefa.

At first glance that may suggest that a revamp of the Champions League into a European super league is less likely. But Wenger, speaking before the weekend, believes that a new competition could still be introduced under Uefa's jurisdiction.

"It [the disbandment of G-14] is the death of a European super league under the banner of the clubs," said Wenger.

"It might still go ahead because the clubs all agreed not to have any civil court and only accept the arbitration of Uefa and Fifa. That is the agreement which has been signed.

"Nothing can de decided by a civil court. Also, they will not organise any competition that is not under the jurisdiction of Uefa or Fifa. The European super league will happen [under the Uefa banner]."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We need to be cautious over Kaka

Champions League
Arsenal v AC Milan

Arsène Wenger has earmarked Brazilian playmaker Kaka as AC Milan’s dangerman.

The World Player of the Year has overcome injury in time for Wednesday’s Champions League clash at Emirates Stadium — a place Kaka has fond memories of. In his first appearance at the Gunners’ home, in September 2006, the 25 year-old scored a wonderful solo goal in Brazil’s 3-0 victory against Argentina.

Blessed with pace, vision and a penchant for the spectacular, Kaka is capable of changing a game in a flash. A fact Manchester United, Liverpool and Celtic found out to their cost in last season’s premier European competition.

“Kaka made the difference last year in this competition,” said Wenger on Friday. “He scored 10 goals in 11 games. He made the difference against Celtic.

“He's the guy who can dominate a situation and in 10 seconds get to the other side of the box and score a goal.

“We need to be more cautious in the centre than we usually are. He's especially dangerous at counter-attacking. I don't know if I'll use Gilberto for him.

“My main worry is to get 11 fit players for the Milan game.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Milan game means defeat won't drive me crazy

Champions League
Arsenal v AC Milan

Arsène Wenger is not going to allow Saturday's drubbing at Manchester United to drive him "crazy".

The Arsenal manager was at a loss to explain his team's performance in the FA Cup Fifth Round tie. All he could do was admit the Old Trafford side's clear superiority and head home in preparation for the Champions League Knockout Round first leg against Milan on Wednesday - a game that was already being billed as a season-shaper.

"What can I do?" said Wenger afterwards. "I never felt we were really in the game and afterwards that can make you crazy.

"But I have difficulty being crazy today because I am more worried about the consequences it could have on the team.

"The targets are so big for us that you don’t feel sorry for yourself. We have a massive game in front of us on Wednesday night and I feel the immensity of the game makes you forget your disappointment.

"What we have learnt today is that this sort of performance will not be good enough against Milan."

Saturday's game was a total turnaround from last weekend when Manchester United's defeat allowed Arsenal to move five points clear at the top of the Premier League table.

"From one week to the next things can change," agreed Wenger. "Man United did not look at their best last Sunday and we gave a lot on Monday night.

"However today we looked mentally lethargic. When you play so many games it can sometimes happen.

"There was a study in a French newspaper saying we are the team who has played the most games in Europe. We have played 42 till now and no one has played as many as us.

"Sometimes that can catch up with you but three days later you can be sharp again."

Wenger needs to pull off that very trick before Wednesday.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger gets six-strong fitness boost ahead of Milan tie

Champions League
Arsenal v AC Milan

Arsène Wenger has six players back to full fitness for the visit of Milan on Wednesday.

Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor were on duty at Manchester United last Saturday despite being troubled by hamstring injuries. All those will be ready to play against the Champions League holders at Emirates Stadium.

Bacary Sagna is available while Denilson and Theo Walcott have been added to the squad. However Manuel Almunia is still recovering from a virus so Jens Lehmann will keep his place.

"Bacary Sagna is back so are Gael Clichy, Mathieu Flamini and Emmanuel Adebayor," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Tuesday.

"Manuel Almunia is not completely ready to play. But he is getting there and is very close now. Jens Lehmann will start.

"Denilson is back in the squad and Theo Walcott is in too. But Johan Djourou, Robin van Persie, Abou Diaby, Tomas Rosicky are all still out."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Milan are the favourites to go through

Champions League
Arsenal v AC Milan

Arsène Wenger has branded his side as the underdogs in the Champions League Knockout Round tie against Milan.

The first leg takes place on Wednesday at Emirates Stadium. It is sure to be a nervy night, particularly after Arsenal were beaten so comprehensively by Manchester United at the weekend. But, speaking before that game, Wenger was already suggesting Carlo Ancelotti's side were the favourites - albeit slightly.

"We are underdogs, by a little bit," said the Arsenal manager. "They have the experience and won it last year. We are an upcoming team, so it is a big challenge against the holders of the trophy.

"For me we have the toughest draw of the English teams. And this game will define whether or not we can win the Champions League.

"On the other hand two years ago we played Real Madrid and went through. Last year we played Eindhoven but went out. It's very difficult to predict what's going to happen.

"The only thing we do know is that, if you don't play at your best against Milan, you're out."

Seite 6 von 41 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von dragoon - 19/03/2024 12:39
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 15/03/2024 18:41
Beste Spielotheken Online
Beste Spielotheken Online
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
14 members (pik7, kafi112, Bambi, Flip160, Hackentrick, Haiefan, Martini, grottenoli, caro, dragoon), 3,526 Gäste, und 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 93
pik7 53
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,436
Beiträge120,997
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM