bet365
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Winamax Bonus Aktionen
von BjoernT4Y - 18/03/2024 16:48
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 12 von 41 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Gilberto completes transfer to Greek side Panathinaikos

Arsenal can confirm that Gilberto has joined Greek side Panathinaikos.

Gilberto (31), spent a total of six seasons with the Gunners, after joining in the summer of 2002 from Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro, and soon became a mainstay of the Club’s midfield.

During his time with Arsenal, Gilberto (full name Gilberto Aparecido da Silva) made a total of 244 appearances in all competitions, scoring 24 goals and was an integral part of the ‘Invincibles’ squad which completed the entire 2003/04 Premier League campaign unbeaten.

[Linked Image]

In addition to his League Championship winner’s medal in 2004, the Brazilian also won the FA Cup twice — in 2003 and 2005 - and the Community Shield in 2002 and 2004. In fact, the 2002 Community Shield marked Gilberto’s first-team competitive debut, in which he scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Liverpool at the Millennium Stadium.

Gilberto’s experience and personality have been great assets to the Club, and he stepped in as captain on numerous occasions, most notably during the 2006/07 season, when Thierry Henry was injured for a long spell.

On the international scene Gilberto has also experienced great success with Brazil. Being his country’s captain many times, the experienced midfielder played in every minute of Brazil’s victorious World Cup campaign in South Korea and Japan in 2002. With 70 international appearances to his name, Gilberto has also won the Confederations Cup in 2005 and the Copa America in 2007.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Gilberto for his huge contribution to the Club both on and off the pitch, and wish him the very best for the future.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Walcott must target a starting berth

Last season, Theo Walcott showed Arsenal fans the first real signs of his massive potential. This season, Arsène Wenger will ask the 19-year-old to barge his way into the first-team on a regular basis. The Frenchman freely admits he does not yet know whether Walcott will play up front or on the wing but, he argues, there are “no limitations” on how the England international can develop.

“Theo made a step forward last season and you expect him to improve again,” said Wenger after the 2-1 win over Barnet on Saturday. “The target last year was for him to play 15 to 20 games and show quality. The target this year is to become a regular player.

“What position he’ll play in I don’t know. At the moment he looks more at ease wide than as a central striker. But we have to wait through the preparation games and see how ready he will be. The Barnet game was not a good opportunity to judge him.”

That is undeniably true. On Saturday, Walcott started up front alongside Nicklas Bendtner as Wenger fielded a more established XI in the first half and a younger one after the break. It appeared to be an “easing in” exercise for a rusty first-team squad. Arsenal trailed the League Two side at half time and had to rely on goals from Jay Simpson and Nacer Barazite to secure a comeback victory.

Afterwards Wenger spoke about the issues surrounding Walcott as a striker or a wide midfielder.

“He is not really a link player he is more a runner so you need to find a link player who can play close to him,” said Wenger. “It depends on who he plays with and you need to find the right combination. But he can play wide, right, left, central.

“Still I expect a lot from him, this season. At 19 years of age you have to improve. But how much better I don’t really know. You certainly don’t put any limitations on that."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I am looking for a maximum of two players

Arsène Wenger hopes to bolster his squad with one or two players before the transfer window closes.

Arsenal have lost Gilberto, Alex Hleb and Mathieu Flamini over the course of the summer while they have added Samir Nasri and Aaron Ramsey.

The manager is targeting at least one experienced player to make up the difference. He believes that signing, plus the return of a couple of major names from injury, will be enough to challenge for honours this season.

“We can get in one player with experience yes,” said the manager at the weekend. “It will be two maximum but one certainly.

“I cannot give you any names. But we are still thinking of bringing one player in.”

The loss of three experienced midfielders was a blow to a squad that was already young but, Wenger argues, the returning players will make a difference.

“We don’t live in an ideal world,” said Wenger. “Flamini was free to leave and, as for Gilberto, he is 32 and had the opportunity to have a three-year contract. While Hleb was in a strong position.

“We have lost good players with experience but we have bought good players and we have more ones coming through.

"We can still bring in players with experience of course. And don’t forget that since January, Robin van Persie missed nearly six months and Rosicky nearly four months. They will all be coming back."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Sagna - I will be fully fit in time for the start of the season

Bacary Sagna expects to be fully fit and raring to go when the season gets underway in less than four weeks time.

The Frenchman completed 45 minutes in the Gunners’ pre-season friendly win at Barnet on Saturday, his first appearance since an ankle injury against Chelsea bought his superb debut campaign to a shuddering halt in March.

Despite the weekend run-out, Sagna remains cautious but two weeks of pre-season training has already bought about a sharp rise in fitness. He expects that trend to continue.

“I still feel my ankle a little bit, but I can run and play football normally and I am confident it will improve every day,” Sagna told Arsenal.com. “It was good to play on Saturday and it is a nice feeling to be back in front of the fans. I haven’t played since March so I was pleased to be with my team-mates as well.

“I feel better now and I hope that I can feel better and better with every new game.

“The last couple of weeks have been hard because it is the first time since my injury that I have been in training. I needed to find my performance level again and be prepared to give more than I have before. I do think, though, that I will be fit for the start of the season.”

So fitness isn’t a worry, but is he worried he may suffer a bout of the infamous ‘second-season syndrome’?

“No not at all," he replied. "I am not even thinking about that as a possibility. I only want to focus on my own game, perform for Arsenal and see what the season brings. Hopefully it will be some cups.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger formiert seine Gunners

Die vergangene Saison war schön, aber nicht erfolgreich für den FC Arsenal. Jetzt soll alles besser werden. Ästhetik plus Effektivität heißt die Formel für die neue Spielzeit. Das Resultat sollen mehrere Titel sein. Einer der "Gunners" drängt dabei besonders in den Fokus: Robin van Persie.
Am Samstag wirkte der Mittelfeld-Star noch locker bei der Benefiz-Veranstaltung "Goal4Africa" in München mit, nach seinem Urlaub, der am Freitag endet, will sich der Niederländer Trainer Arsene Wenger aufdrängen.

Van Persie hat ein durchwachsenes Jahr mit einer schweren Knieverletzung hinter sich, holte sich bei der EM mit der phasenweise brillanten "Elftal" aber eine gehörige Portion Selbstvertrauen und Fitness zurück. Der Ehrgeiz hat ihn längst wieder gepackt und die Perspektive seiner Mannschaft reizt ihn. "Die Ziele sind wie immer die gleichen. Wir wollen alles gewinnen, was möglich ist. Letztes Jahr haben wir gut gespielt, aber keinen Titel geholt. In dieser Saison wollen wir auch den Lohn für unser gutes Spiel", fordert der 24-Jährige im Gespräch mit Sport1.de.

"Wir haben Qualität"

Davon, dass Arsenal auch in Europa für Furore sorgen wird, ist der Linksfuß ebenfalls überzeugt. "Wir haben auf jeden Fall das Zeug dazu, um eine gute Rolle zu spielen. Wir haben Talent, wir haben Qualität. Mit diesen Voraussetzungen sind wir meiner Meinung nach in der Lage, alles zu erreichen." Ist bei so viel Potenzial sogar das Triple drin? "Warum nicht? Wenn ich sage, wir wollen Titel, dann heißt das konkret den FA-Cup, die Meisterschaft und eventuell sogar etwas Größeres…"

Letzter Titelgewinn 2005

Die vergangene Saison beendete die Wenger-Crew als Tabellendritter mit 83 Punkten hinter Chelsea (85) und Meister Manchester United (87). Insgesamt wurde Arsenal 13 Mal Meister - zuletzt 2004. Der letzte Titelgewinn (FA-Cup) liegt mittlerweile drei Jahre zurück. Fans und Verantwortliche lechzen nach Trophäen. Und nach dem Abgang von Arsenal-Koryphäe Thierry Henry zum FC Barcelona könnte van Persies Stern künftig noch heller strahlen als er es eh schon tut. Zwar kam er in der abgelaufenen Serie nur zu 15 Liga-Einsätzen, erzielte dabei aber auch stolze sieben Treffer.

Wenger als Motivator

Wenger setzt auf den dynamischen Linksfuß, der in sein fünftes Jahr in London geht und dort noch einen Vertrag bis 2011 besitzt. Mit der Rückendeckung des Trainers will auch Neuzugang Samir Nasri angreifen. Der Franzose kam für rund 17 Millionen Euro Ablöse von Olympique Marseille und erklärt auf der Vereinshomepage, was Wenger so besonders macht: "Er eröffnet jungen Spielern großartige Perspektiven. Arsene Wenger versteht es, sie zu stärken zu fördern und konsequent weiterzuentwickeln. Er ist einer der besten Trainer der Welt", schwärmt er.

Kommt auch noch Arschawin?

Der Coach könnte auch der Trumpf beim Buhlen um das russische "Juwel" Andrej Arschawin (Zenit St. Petersburg) sein. Nach dem Mittelfeld-Wirbler haben mehrere Premier-League-Klubs ihre Fühler ausgestreckt, doch räumt Berater Dennis Latcher den "Gunners" gute Chancen ein, sollte konkretes Interesse bestehen. "Andrej ist ein sehr großer Fan von Arsene Wenger. Das ist ein sehr großer Vorteil. Zudem hat Arsenal viele junge Spieler, Andrej könnte mit seinen 27 Jahren ein wenig für Ausgewogenheit in der Altersstruktur sorgen", sagte er dem TV-Sender "Sky Sports".

Adebayor vor dem Abgang

Vor dem Saisonstart gegen West Bromwich am 16. August könnte ohnehin noch einiges an Bewegung in den Kader kommen. Emmanuel Adebayor zieht es zum AC Mailand, Alexander Hleb voraussichtlich zum FC Barcelona. So oder so: Die Formation der "Gunners" wird durchschlagskräftig sein.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Ramsey faces fierce competition at Arsenal

Szombathelyi H. v Arsenal
Friendly

While Aaron Ramsey is definitely in Arsène Wenger’s plans for the coming season, the manager has warned his new signing that competition will be fierce.

The 17-year-old Welshman made his Arsenal debut on Saturday at Barnet and may feature again tonight in the friendly at Szombathelyi.

Wenger fought off competition from other top clubs to sign Ramsey from Cardiff but despite his glowing reputation the Frenchman says his protégée will be judged solely on his displays.

[Linked Image]

“He is in my plans,” said Wenger. “But like all the other players, it depends on their performances and quality. You could see [at Barnet] that some young players will be very close to the first team.

“The boy chose us because, as a young player, he thought he had a good opportunity to play. He will get an opportunity when he is judged to be ready. But he knows there is a lot of competition.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Rice - Why Austria is key to successful season austria

Some clubs prefer to rack up the air miles on long-haul summer tours but Arsenal have found exactly what they need rather closer to home.

This week, Arsène Wenger and his squad made the relatively short hop to Austria for their pre-season training camp. These are familiar surroundings for the Frenchman and his players - it's the eighth summer in succession that Arsenal have used this European base.

Two warm-up matches are planned before a rather tougher friendly against Stuttgart next Monday but, in essence, this is where the foundations are laid for the arduous campaign ahead.

"What happens is whenever we get there, we have a block of about nine days," explained assistant manager Pat Rice earlier this summer.

"Obviously that is interspersed with a few games but this is when we can get some good, hard pre-season training into the players which will help them and make sure they are in good shape for all of the season. Not just the start of the season but the whole campaign.

"Some managers think there is no problem with that [long-distance summer tours] but we are not one of the clubs who go down that route.

"Our Austria training camp has proved very successful for us for the coming seasons because we have always been in the top four and we think the preparations we get there is good for our young players."

It's all a far cry from the pre-season preparations which held sway in Rice's playing days. This particular Arsenal legend was taken on as an apprentice in December 1964 and recalls a very different summer regime.

"It is a completely different mould from when I did pre-season training," he said.

"I remember when I first started as a boy here we used to do walking. We used to out on the roads in the afternoon and we used to walk because some of the coaches there had been in the Army and that's what they used to do when they were training.

"We are a million miles away from that now. There is a lot of core-strength work which goes into the players. There is also running but nowhere near the same degree as we used to run for. And of course there is a lot of gym work and strengthening work which goes on, plus all the ball work."

After a week at their home from home, Wenger's squad will certainly be fine-tuned when the serious stuff starts in August.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Almunia - I can help the young players here

Manuel Almunia believes that changing the number on his shirt simply underlines his status at the Club.

The Spanish stopper wrestled the goalkeeping berth away from Jens Lehmann last term and was rewarded with the coveted jersey following the German’s departure in the close season. Almunia insists that he will now cement his place as both a stopper and as a mentor.

“The only thing that has changed this season is the number of my shirt,” Almunia told Arsenal.com. “That has changed, but the situation, I hope, will not change and I can have many, many games in goal for Arsenal.

[Linked Image]

“My role in the team, I expect, will be to show myself as a good example for people around Arsenal. I would like to be a reference for the young players and help them as best I can. But also I want to give my all to performing for the team.”

Almunia was talking after the Gunners got their pre-season off to a winning start against Barnet on Saturday. And he revealed that it was just the tonic after a tough couple of weeks on the training field.

“I think the team was tired, you could see that,” said Almunia. “It’s because we have been in really hard training for two weeks, but hopefully the fans enjoyed the game. This was the first test and personally I enjoyed it.

“Football players like to play games, not just training, so it was nice to be back on the field. The start of pre-season is always hard. We train both in the morning and in the afternoon.

“At the moment the mood is fine, but there are many players to come back. I am looking forward to having everyone back together and for us all to get ready for a good season.”

The Spanish stopper was also suitably impressed with the new signings on show at Underhill.

“[Aaron] Ramsey is a very good creator of chances, very similar to Cesc Fabregas. But of course we must remember that he is still very young and he has to learn from people like Cesc, Abou [Diaby] and the rest of the players that have been here a long time."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report
Friendly

Szombathelyi H.
Kensesei 24

Arsenal
Walcott 42

Arsenal were held to a 1-1 draw at Szombathelyi Haladas on Tuesday night in the first game of their Austrian Training Camp.

Arsène Wenger's side started in lively fashion against last season's Hungarian Division Two champions but were shocked in the 24th minute when Krisztian Kenesei's shot was adjudged to have crossed the line before Gavin Hoyte cleared.

However they got on level terms three minutes before half time when Theo Walcott's low drive across the face of goal found the far corner.

A swathe of substitutions on both sides rather ruined the spectacle in the second half and, if anything, the hosts had the better chances to force a win.

Still, this was another useful run-out. While the name Szombathelyi Haladas means literally "Progress of Szombathely" it appears the progress of Arsenal will take a little more time.

And there is still plenty of that before the season starts.

Twenty years ago, the 45-minute trip from Arsenal's Austrian Training Camp to the border town of Szombathely would have involved crossing the Iron Curtain. But, judging by the number of Arsenal shirts worn by local fans this evening, the richest Football League in the world was now a massive draw in this part of Hungary.

A couple of rock singers belted out some songs on the pitch as the players warmed up. A 13,000-strong crowd seemed largely unimpressed with the music but were delighted to see the visiting side; cheering each player on to practice.

Wenger's 17-man squad was largely the same as the one that started against Barnet on Saturday. The notable change was the introduction of Carlos Vela for his Arsenal debut. He joined Nicklas Bendtner up front so Walcott dropped into midfield. Gavin Hoyte was paired with his brother at centre back and Jack Wilshire, 16, had another chance to impress. This time he started on the left wing.

[Linked Image]

Arsenal began the game as the better side. In the seventh minute, Nicklas Bendtner clipped over a cross from the left, Vela chested the ball down then flicked it back into the path of the onrushing Denilson, who thundered a drive against the underside of the bar.

In the 10th minute, Walcott poked the ball past his marker but his shot was woefully weak. After that Aaron Ramsey had a drive deflected wide and Bacary Sagna's curling cross from the right just evaded the head of Bendtner.

It was all Arsenal. To this point, Szombathelyi had only mustered the weakest of drives from Kensesei.

But, in the 24th minute, the home side took the lead. Peter Voros angled in a ball from the right, Kensesei chested the ball down on the edge of the area then clipped a shot over the advancing Almunia and towards goal. Gavin Hoyte chased back and hooked the ball off the line but the referee deemed it had already crossed the line.

Big brother Justin had the perfect opportunity to equalise a couple minutes later but hoiked an effort high over the bar from six yards out after Wilshire's low corner had scuttled through the area.

Just past the half hour, Clichy raced into the area and fired into the sidenetting.

Arsenal were turning the screw now. Keeper Daniel Rozsa dropped a corner from Denilson but Vela could not turn it home from close range.

At the other end, Marton Oross narrowly turned home a low cross from Peter Toth and, seconds later, Andras Kaj tested Almunia from distance.

Szombathelyi went onto have their best period of pressure in the half. So it was a moderate surprise when, three minutes from the break, Bendtner expertly chested down a long pass from the left and instantly found Walcott who steered in a low cross-shot off the base of the post.

Wenger made four changes for the second half. One of them, Henri Lansbury, forced a flying save from Rozsa eight minutes in.

The tactical alterations meant that the first-choice full backs - Sagna and Clichy - were now the centre back combination. Meanwhile Walcott had joined Bendtner up front. Unlike on Saturday at Barnet, the changes hampered the game. Lansbury's effort apart, the second period had been sterile.

In fairness it livened up towards the end. Ten minutes from time, Clichy fired a free-kick wide after Jay Simpson had been fouled just outside the area. Then Attila Simon escaped on the left and Sagna did well to divert his low cross from a corner with an unmarked attacker waiting in the area.

With two minutes left Simpson might have grabbed a winner from Francis Coquelin's cut back.

But a draw was probably fair in the end.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal-Star mit Malaria in Wien

Kolo Toure ist laut "The Sun" mit Malaria zum Trainingslager von Arsenal in Bad Waltersdorf angereist. Der 27-Jährige soll bereits in einem Wiener Spital behandelt worden sein.

Der Verteidiger hat sich mit der Tropenkrankheit wohl während seines Heimaturlaubs in der Elfenbeinküste infiziert. Sein Zustand soll aber gut sein.

Malaria ist in der Elfenbeinküste weit verbreitet. Weltweit werden jährlich rund 515 Millionen Fälle bekannt, rund eine Million Menschen starben pro Jahr an Malaria.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I am in the market for a midfielder

Arsène Wenger is aiming to bolster his midfield for the new campaign but, as yet, he does not have a specific target in mind.

After the Barnet game on Saturday the Arsenal manager said that he would bring in “one player certainly... maximum of two” before the window closed at the end of August. After the 1-1 draw at Szombatheyli on Tuesday he was more specific about the position but not the person.

“We will need one more body in there,” said Wenger when asked about his midfield. “At the moment we do not have Alex Song who is going to the Olympic games, Abou Diaby was not here tonight and nor was Fabregas.

“If we find a reasonable target then we will do it. But there is no special name on the list.

“We have some time. We have until August 31. We left 11 players back in Austria for this game. They will play in Stuttgart [on July 30].”

Before that, on Monday, Arsenal go to Ritzing to play a Burgenland XI. Arsenal TV Online subscribers will be able to see this game live.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: 'The game was a good test for us'

Szombathelyi H. 1-1 Arsenal

on pre-season planning...
"The game was part of our training programme. We integrated three games into our training camp and this was the first. Of course the international players were not here tonight but it was a good test."

on the game being a sell-out...
"It shows that football is very popular here. The home team is doing well and it is nice to see that the game was sold out."

on Szombathelyi Haladas...
"The game was of good quality. They defended very well and were dangerous on the counter-attacks. I would say the first half was very useful. The second half was broken up many times. But the first half was very interesting."

on going to Hungary ...
"We are not here for marketing reasons we are here for football reasons. For me it was very interesting to see two different kinds of football, especially how the young players coped with the problem they had. We basically had an Under-21 team and I was very interested to see how they coped under pressure."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Eduardo back to watch team in Emirates Cup

Arsène Wenger is delighted that Eduardo will be back at Arsenal for the start of August but, while his recovery remains on target, the striker is some way away from first—team action.

The Croatian has been undertaking his rehabilitation in Brazil since the serious injury to his ankle at Birmingham in February 2008. The Club’s initial estimate was that the 25-year-old would be sidelined for nine months and his current progress suggests that target will be met.

He is set to return to England and watch his team-mates in the Emirates Cup on August 2 after which he will be assessed by the medical team before starting his final rehabilitation. Once he has successfully completed this final stage he will return to training with the full squad.

Speaking after the 1-1 draw with Szombathelyi on Tuesday night, Wenger said: “It is difficult to assess. He will be back for the Emirates Cup, at the moment he is in rehabilitation.

“We hoped he would be back earlier but it is very difficult to say. It will be three or four weeks more [until he comes back to England] but I don’t really know yet.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Clichy - Traore is the type of player we need

Gael Clichy believes that Armand Traore could play a key role in Arsenal’s season, proclaiming that the 17-year old is an “amazing” talent.

The praise seems warranted. Traore has all the traits of a modern full-back but, with Clichy seemingly entrenched for the foreseeable future, the fleet-footed Traore has been pushed further up the flank. And the Frenchman wasted little time in showing his prowess on the front foot - who can forget his pin-point cross to Nicklas Bendtner in last season’s League Cup win over Newcastle?

In fact over the last two seasons Traore has turned from hot prospect to Champions League starter, shooting to prominence during the young Gunners’ run to the 2007 Carling Cup Final. Clichy hopes that the emergence of his countryman will help both players to improve.

“He is a really powerful player,” Clichy told Arsenal.com. “He is really fast and a type of player that we need. I hope he can help push me further as a player and that I can drag him up too.

“He is a really amazing player and I hope he will be focused this season because I can see a role for him. I really hope that he will make it.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Gallas to keep captain’s armband

William Gallas has been confirmed as the Arsenal captain for next season.

The Frenchman was a surprise choice to take the armband 12 months ago and, overall, had a good campaign in the role. At Friday afternoon’s press conference ahead of the Emirates Cup, Arsène Wenger revealed Gallas will be keeping the job for the coming season.

"If he plays, he will be captain,” said the manager. “If he does not play, it will be somebody else. But William will be the club captain, yes.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I'll only buy if I can find the quality

If Arsène Wenger cannot find an experienced, top class midfielder before the transfer window closes then he will happily hand more responsibility to one of his emerging young stars.

For over a week now, the Arsenal manager has been openly talking of bringing in a new face in the centre of the park. But, speaking at the Emirates Cup press conference on Friday afternoon, Wenger said he’d only sign “quality” and if he could not get it he’d find a solution from inside the Club.

[Linked Image]

However he refused to be drawn on speculation linking him with a move for Gareth Barry.
“If we can do one more signing we will do it,” said Wenger. “But it will need to be quality.

“We don’t need money to buy someone, and it’s not just [about buying]. It has to be the right person and that is very difficult at the moment.

“It’s not a problem [if we don’t sign anyone] because we have enough young players who can step in but we lost experience and if we can get a midfielder with experience who can play a tactical role we will do it. We need one more body in there.”

However when asked directly about Barry, the Frenchman replied: “I don’t think that the best tactic is to come out with names.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - A 747 of money would not buy Adebayor now

On the game...
"We had a very young side, especially in the first half, and played well. We were unlucky to concede the goal and maybe lacked a bit of experience to score, as well as some physical match sharpness. There were some heavy legs, but it will get better over the next two weeks."

On Jack Wilshere...
"Do not be impressed by his small size because he is not phased by the physical challenges," said the Arsenal manager. He really looks mature on the pitch, but he is 16 and we have to respect his development. However, do not reproach me now about not playing English players."

On the fans reaction to Emmanuel Adebayor ...
"I feel our fans are behind him, I feel that was more disappointed love. To me, face to face, he always told me he wants to stay at the club, and it finished like that, so I believe what he told me. He is not going anywhere - even if you come with a 747-plane full of money."

On signing a new players...
"We are not close to signing anybody and I will focus on the players I have. If we can find someone, then we will do it. If not, I am happy as well.

"Experience-wise we a bit short in midfield but we will see. With Diaby not being injured, Denilson being available, we have quality in there. Today we did not have Rosicky, Fabregas, Eduardo, van Persie and Song. They are five top-class players."

On improving on last season...
"Last year we were really really unlucky. We were only four points adrift and lost only three games. In two of those we were leading 1-0 until 15 minutes before the end. We also got some bad injuries.

"We need to strengthen belief, not only in the way we play but the way we work. We must keep complete confidence in these young players."

On Theo Walcott's potential this season...
"Like everybody he is in the squad and he will play. He will play tomorrow. He had many games last year, he has to make progress, improve and be regular in his performances."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report
Emirates Cup

Arsenal
Adebayor 49

Real Madrid

Arsenal salvaged their pride but not their crown as Emirates Cup holders with a 1-0 win over Real Madrid on Sunday.

Having lost to Juventus on Saturday, Arsène Wenger’s side went into the final game of the tournament needing an unlikely 4-0 victory to overtake leaders Hamburg in the group table.

That was never really on this afternoon, the great Real Madrid are rarely beaten by that many in any form of football. But the Arsenal manager will take great comfort from his side’s performance in this highly entertaining encounter.

The only goal came early in the second half when Michel Salgado felled Robin van Persie in the area and Emmanuel Adebayor stroked home the penalty. However, the scoreline was not a true reflection of Arsenal’s display this afternoon.

Theo Walcott, Denilson and Adebayor all had great chances to score and Real, though highly competitive, spent most of the afternoon on the back-foot.

For the second day running, more than 60,000 fans enjoyed two high-quality, star-studded games. It was good football, good preparation and good fun.

The Emirates Cup is now THE pre-season tournament in Europe.

As promised, Wenger fielded his senior players this afternoon. Only Denilson and Philippe Senderos retained their starting places from Saturday’s defeat against Juventus. If that side had been pretty ‘Carling Cup’ then this was very much Champions League.

Real had many of their big names starting — Raul, Robinho, Guti, Gabriel Heinze and ex-Arsenal midfielder Julio Baptista all graced the Emirates. The likes of Arjen Robben, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Sergio Ramos and Wesley Sneijder were on the bench.

Hamburg’s 3-0 victory in the earlier game had left Arsenal needing a big win if they were to retain their home trophy. Real Madrid needed a straightforward success or a high-scoring draw to win the tournament themselves.

Despite being the rank outsiders of the trio, Arsenal started with real purpose. After Robinho had dragged a shot wide, a sweeping Arsenal move ended with Walcott forcing a sprawling save from Jerzy Dudek. Shortly afterwards Abou Diaby thumped in a probing drive.

Arsenal were vibrant. On the quarter-hour, Samir Nasri, in his first home start, showed excellent pace to outstrip Salgado but his cross was wayward.

In the 23rd minute Walcott, Adebayor and Nasri combined crisply to set up a drive for Denilson on the edge of the area. The Brazilian’s shot was low and powerful — but blocked.

Almost all of the offensive intent was coming from Arsenal. Just past the half-hour they created their clearest chance when Nasri set Van Persie clear on the left and his cross found the head of the leaping Adebayor. The Togolese striker tried to plant the ball back towards the near post. However his radar was way off on this occasion.

A few seconds later, centre back Javier Garcia strode up from defence to crack a rasping effort inches over Almunia’s bar and the keeper then had to smother an inquisitive cross from Selgado.

But, as half time approached, Arsenal found their rhythm once more. Denilson’s bobbling shot was turned behind Dudek. Adebayor capitalised on confusion at the corner and his header forced the Polish keeper to acrobatically tip the ball over the bar.

It was not all Arsenal though. Four minutes from the break, Raul darted clear with only Almunia to beat. The keeper stood his ground and the Spaniard stumbled over as he went past.

On first sight it looked like a penalty but replays confirmed referee Mark Clattenburg was right to keep his pointing hand behind his back.

Wenger resisted the urge to make changes at the break but Real coach Bernd Schuster brought on three including Robben and Van Nistelrooy.

However it was another Dutchman, Van Persie, who was heavily involved in the opening stages of the second half. He fired wide in the first few seconds and, three minutes in, was clattered in the area by Salgado. Adebayor executed the penalty with precision.

Denilson tried a long-range effort shortly afterwards but Dudek saved comfortably. Van Persie and Walcott both had a glimmer of a chance in the minutes that followed as Arsenal tried to get the goals they needed, however Real slammed their defensive door shut almost immediately.

Midway through the half Van Nistelrooy’s close-range effort was blocked by Gael Clichy.

However seconds later, Adebayor weaved through four Real defenders before trickling his shot inches wide of the far post. A superb effort.

The game was building up to a fine finish. Almunia punched clear from Van Nistelrooy and with 10 minutes left substitute Jack Wilshere skipped past Javier Garcia before sending in a raking. Unfortunately, Nicklas Bendtner could not convert.

Arsenal had won the game but not the tournament.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We got what we wanted from today's match

Arsenal 1-0 Real Madrid

On the game...
"It was a good game with a good intensity for pre-season. We were not in trouble defensively too much and also created a lot of chances. It was very positive. Our shape was much better than yesterday, our movement was better and overall we got what we wanted from these kind of games. It was serious but, as well, we could take different initiatives. In the last two days I have learned a lot about my squad and how our preparation has gone. It was two great days."

On Adebayor ...
"He felt that people had questioned his commitment and the best answer to that is to give your all on the pitch; play well, show that you are ready to fight for your shirt, fight for your team and be efficient. He showed that, and he is a man of character. You know how it is, if you score goals people quickly forget the frustration. You have to show things with performances in our job."

On Gareth Barry...
"I don't know if Gareth Barry will leave Aston Villa or not, but I am not on his case. I like Gareth Barry and I like two or three other players. It is better I don't speak about names, I said that yesterday. It is better I leave things to your imagination and creation."

On a new signing...
"I cannot tell you anything more. If we sign a player we will come out and tell you, but I can say to you now that we are not close to signing anybody."

On Jack Wilshere...
"You wouldn't want to put any limitations on his participation in the season because he is only 16. At that age you can improve. He looked strong enough and not phased by the big games. The quality is there. I don't look too much at his age, more at what he is doing on the pitch, and right now what he is doing is good."

On Theo Walcott...
"He is ahead of where he was last year. I hope Theo is more regular in the team this year. No 14 is a big number to inherit but I have confidence in him of course, but it is down to performances. I feel his first touch is much better, he moves the ball quicker and his penetration and final ball is better. There is goal-scoring potential in him and hopefully one day we will get that out of him. For now he is not a link player between the midfield and the strikers, like Robin [van Persie] can be, and he is maybe, at the moment, a fraction short physically to play as a real target man because there you get bombarded in the air. He can play wide right and wide left as well."

On Robinho...
"I think it was a good game between Robinho and [Bacary] Sagna. He wasn't fazed by the physical challenge. If you want to know if I think Robinho can adapt in the Premier League, he looks like he has the ingredients to do it. I am not worried if he joins Chelsea because Chelsea will always have 11 good players on the pitch no matter if it is Robinho or somebody else. They will always have the choice."

On the Emirates Cup...
"I wouldn't consider changing the format [to playing over three days]. I can understand it for the players but most teams have two squads. I experienced it at Ajax and felt it was a bit long. Playing on Friday and then on Sunday is a bit boring. What I like here it is swift and that is much better. I wouldn't extend it. I played that at Ajax and even now that has changed from three to two days. Three days is too long."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor bleibt

Das Sommertheater um Emmanuel Adebayors ist offenbar beendet. Wochenlang war über einen möglichen Wechsel des Angreifers vom FC Arsenal spekuliert worden. Nur die hohe Ablöseforderung der Gunners schreckte Interessenten wie den FC Barcelona und den AC Mailand ab. Nun bekannte sich der 24-Jährige am Freitag aber zu seinem Arbeitgeber - und will sogar verlängern.

"Ich werde einen neuen Vertrag unterzeichnen", kündigte der Nationalspieler aus Togo am Freitagabend auf der Internetseite des Vereins an. Adebayors Vertrag läuft zwar ohnehin noch drei Jahre, doch er wolle um zwei oder drei weitere Spielzeiten verlängern, so der Angreifer, der in der vergangenen Saison mit 24 Treffern hinter Cristiano Ronaldo der zweitbeste Torschütze der Premier League war. "Ich habe nie gesagt, dass ich den Klub verlassen würde. Ich bin sehr glücklich, dass wir eine Lösung gefunden haben", erklärte Adebayor, der 2006 für umgerechnet neun Millionen Euro von AS Monaco zu Arsenal gewechselt war.

Noch am Freitag hatte der FC Barcelona erneut sein Interesse an seiner Verpflichtung bekundet. "Adebayor ist momentan einer der besten Spieler der Welt. Es gibt vier oder fünf Stürmer, die zu Barcelona passen. Adebayor ist einer davon", sagte Barcelonas Sportdirektor Txiki Beguiristain gegenüber Sky Sports News. Schon Ende Juni hatten die Katalanen Medienberichten zufolge rund 30 Millionen Euro Ablösesumme für den Angreifer geboten.

Gallas bleibt Kapitän

Arsenal-Coach Arsène Wenger gab indes bekannt, dass William Gallas auch in der kommenden Saison die Kapitänsbinde tragen wird. Der Franzose hat das Amt seit August 2007 inne.

Am Wochenende ist Arsenal Gastgeber beim "Emirates Cup", zu dem Juventus Turin, Real Madrid und der Hamburger SV in der englischen Hauptstadt gastieren.

yahoo

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Young Frenchman signs long-term contract

Arsenal can today confirm Armand Traore has signed a new long term contract with the Club.

Since joining the Gunners as a scholar in Summer 2006, Traore (18) who is predominantly a left-back but can also play in midfield, has already made a total of 18 first team appearances, including three Premier League and two Uefa Champions League appearances.

[Linked Image]

In his first season with the Club, Armand missed just one League Cup game during Arsenal’s run to the Final in Cardiff, and has also regularly been on the bench for Uefa Champions League matches.

Armand is also a regular for France Under-19s, and took part in all three of their 2008 Uefa Under-19 Championships Elite Qualifiers.

Everyone at Arsenal is delighted that Armand has extended his contract with the Club.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie - Positive thinking will help me stay injury-free

Robin van Persie is hoping the power of positive thinking will shield him from injury this season.

The Dutch striker has been sidelined for a lengthy period in each of the past two campaigns but he believes he has learnt from the experience and will be stronger this term.

On Sunday, the 24-year-old won the penalty that saw Arsenal beat Real Madrid in the Emirates Cup. Afterwards he explained why he’d be taking a cautious approach to building his fitness.

“I have learned a lot in the last two years because I have been injured so much,” said Van Persie. “I learned what my body can take and what it can't, so it was an interesting period for me.

“I hope next season will not be so unlucky with injuries. But at the moment, I just do not want to think about that, the negative stuff. If you think positive, you get positive.

“My target is to be as fit as possible after a month because the season is long. We have to build it all up slowly with gym work, cardio work and games. It is really important for me to get a good start.”

The same goes for his team of course. But, as last term proved, form in friendlies is not always the best indicator.

“Last year we had a really good pre-season and won almost every game,” recalled Van Persie. “Then after 50 seconds against Fulham on the opening day, we were behind, so it is hard to predict. But hopefully we can get some confidence out of the first few games and slowly build it up.

“For every team, it is really important to get that confidence. If you lose the first few games, you are not at your maximum. It is important to win to get the answers to the questions.”

And the single most important question for any Arsenal fan this season is straightforward — can they win the Premier League?

“I think any of the top four can win the title,” said Van Persie. “I am not going to say we are going to win it, because you never know. They do not know, we do not know either. But I hope we can.

“Arsenal have to win something every year, that is our aim. If it is not happening, then everyone is really disappointed.

“But I am certainly committed to winning it, and if you look around, so is everyone here.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Huddersfield
Berrett 75

Arsenal
Watt 79, Barazite 87

Arsenal's pre-season preparations continued on Wednesday night as a young Gunners outfit came from behind to win thanks to late goals from Sanchez Watt and Nacer Barazite.

The evening formed part of the Terriers centenary celebrations and had garnered a lot of interest in the local area with over 16,000 tickets sold prior to kick-off.

So why invite Arsenal? The answer is simple. Herbert Chapman, the visionary manager of the early 20th Century led both these sides to almost unparalleled success in their respective histories. With tonight's hosts, Chapman won two First Division titles and an FA Cup in just four years before swapping Yorkshire for London. At Arsenal he revolutionised the Club, setting up an era of dominance in the 1930s.

For tonight's game Johan Djourou captained the team from centre-half, alongside the Hoyte brothers and Kieran Gibbs. Jack Wilshere, fresh from the news he is to wear the No 19 shirt this season, roamed the left wing, and Theo Walcott was joined upfront by Carlos Vela.

Much like the Arsenal side on show, Town boasted a smattering of Academy talent in their squad, however the starting XI included several experienced names with Premier League experience, Danny Cadamarteri, Chris Luketti and David Unsworth.

The last time Arsenal travelled to Huddersfield, they left with a 5-0 first leg lead in their 1993 League Cup Second Round. A similar scoreline tonight and they might be considered party-poopers. And when Randall went close inside a minute, a repeat certainly didn't seem out of the realms of possibility. But Fabianski soon became the busier of the two stoppers as Luke Beckett and Gary Roberts forced the Pole into emergency action at his near post.

Beckett then had the clearest opportunity of the match just after the quarter-hour. The striker raced clear off the right touchline with Gavin Hoyte hot on his heels. The tackle from behind, when it came inside the box, needed to be impeccable. It was and Arsenal's goal remained intact.

The visitors soon found their groove. The wealth of creative talent sitting in behind the pace of Walcott couldn't be shackled all night. Sure enough the Englishman, played through by Randall went close with a snapshot as the Gunners pressed midway through the half.

In truth, though, Huddersfield remained on top and went close again through Lucketti. The captain was found inexplicably unmarked at the back post and somehow planted a header wide off the opposite upright.

But you cant keep a good side down and Arsenal had the final act of the half. Walcott's pace again made the difference but twice in a matter of seconds he was thwarted by Matt Glennon in the Town goal.

At the interval the visitors made six changes. Huddersfield unleashed an entirely new 11, but the complexion stayed the same with chances at both ends. Justin Hoyte came agonisingly close to connecting with a lofted through ball, while Phil Jevons bent an effort just wide from distance.

Nacer Barazite and Jay Simpson were now leading the line for Arsenal. The pair had hauled the Gunners back from the jaws of defeat against Barnet in the pre-season curtain raiser almost a month ago. Both looked dangerous again tonight.

After the hour, and for the first time in the evening the tempo slowed right down. With 25 minutes to go Gibbs did his best to raise it with a powerful surge to the byline, but his cutback was skied by Sanchez Watt.

Randall's trickery almost opened the door for the Gunners but Town remained resolute. Then in the 75th minute a few minutes the hosts led. Arsenal's now very young backline failed to deal with a long throw into the box and allowed Berrett to slam home with the aid of a wicked deflection.

But as the old saying goes, you are always at your most vulnerable shortly after you score. So it proved for Huddersfield. Within three minutes Simpson had surged down the right flank, beaten his man, rolled the ball into a crowded box allowing Watt to apply the finish.

Now Arsenal seized the initiative. Gibbs flashed wide and Barazite had a goal-bound effort charged down. The Dutchman didn't have to wait long for his big moment though.

The 18-year old had scored the winner against Barnet and here with three minutes to go he plundered another one. Bursting into space on the edge of the area, he pulled the trigger and although the 'keeper got a hand to it, he could only take out some of the sting rather than the direction.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Walcott - No. 14 was my second-choice shirt

Theo Walcott has admitted that Thierry Henry's old 14 shirt was in fact his second choice when he switched from his previous squad number this summer.

The Englishman wore No 32 during his first three seasons at Arsenal but opted to change a couple of months ago. He wanted the No 8, last owned by Freddie Ljungberg. But that had already been given to new signing Samir Nasri therefore Walcott decided to move to the shirt worn by his hero, even though he knows that 'TH14' carries a massive reputation

[Linked Image]

"For me it is best just to think of it as a number." said the 19-year-old. "But then I knew what to expect when I picked this number.

"I actually asked for No 8 at first but Vic [Akers] said that Samir Nasri had it so I was not complaining there. Then he said No 14 was available so straight away I said 'I'll have that'.

"Thierry was my idol. He looked after me when I was first here. It was brilliant to train with him every day and watch what he did. He was the best striker I have ever seen. So I suppose it's like Ade having No 25 because Kanu had that.

"But as I say for me it is just a number."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I am too busy to sign a new midfielder right now

Arsène Wenger is unlikely to bring in a new midfielder before the end of next week.

The Arsenal manager is happy with his squad but has expressed the desire to add some experience in the centre of the park. However a deal cannot be sealed before the Champions League qualifier against Twente on Wednesday.

“At the moment, I am not close to concluding any transfer deal, because I am too busy here,” he said after Saturday’s 1-1 draw against Sevilla in Amsterdam. “Maybe next week something can happen, but for now we have to focus on the Champions League and forget about transfers because it is a big target for us.”

Wenger also refused to drawn over reports that Swiss midfielder Goklan Inler, who plays for Udinese, was his primary target.

“I do not rule out anybody completely at the moment,” he commented. “If we were in advanced negotiations with anybody else I would say no, so everything is possible right now.”

Seite 12 von 41 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von dragoon - 19/03/2024 12:39
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 15/03/2024 18:41
Beste Spielotheken Online
Beste Spielotheken Online
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
15 members (AllesSuper, Bartho01, Bambi, Haiefan, kafi112, Flip160, Hackentrick, Martini, grottenoli, caro), 3,031 Gäste, und 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 93
pik7 53
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,436
Beiträge120,999
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM