bet365
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 15 von 41 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle United bluebang
* Van Persie 19 (pen), 40,
* Denilson 59

Barclays Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Saturday, August 30, 2008, 17:30

What a difference a week makes.

Seven days ago, Arsenal were outplayed and outfought by a team in black and white. As a result, their entire campaign came under scrutiny.

This afternoon, 10 of those 11 players were asked to repair their reputation against another team in black and white. They responded with a performance of champions.

Robin van Persie scored with a penalty and a close-range shot in a lop-sided first half. Denilson added another just before the hour.

In the end it was 3-0 but it could have been double that. Newcastle were listless all afternoon and their only real danger came from Michael Owen. Even that was fleeting.

The home fans were singing the name of Emmanuel Adebayor by the end. A significant moment in, perhaps, a significant week.

Of course, Arsenal won’t win anything on the back of this performance like they did not lose anything at Craven Cottage. The real benefit will be to their confidence.

And, if you are wondering about the player who did not feature last week but did today, it was Cesc Fabregas.

Of course, the Spaniard had made his competitive comeback on Wednesday in the 4-0 drubbing of Twente.

Compared to that side, there were three changes. Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Adebayor resumed their regular positions at the expense of Johan Djourou.

Meanwhile, Emmanuel Eboue came in on the right for Theo Walcott.

Having struggled so strangely at Fulham, Arsenal seemed intent on showing their true colours straight from the kick-off this afternoon.

In the first 90 seconds they had shout for a penalty when Fabricio Coloccini appeared to bring down Van Persie close to the byline.

A couple of minutes later, the Dutchman clipped a corner to the near post, Bacary Sagna flicked on and William Gallas seemed certain to sweep home from five yards out. Somehow he hacked his shot over the bar.

The early Arsenal fire continued to smoulder when Kolo Toure strode forward and left fly from 30 yards with a drive that was turned brilliantly round the post.

It took a further 10 minutes for Arsenal to create the goal but, territorially, they were in total control.

The strike owed something to good fortune. Adebayor’s cross from the right certainly hit the outstretched arm of Charles N’Zogbia. However it was one of those decisions that is sometimes given, sometimes not. This afternoon referee Rob Styles pointed to the spot.

Newcastle keeper Shay Given went the right way but Van Persie’s spot-kick was near-perfect – low, fast and whipped into the sidenetting.

Arsenal now had their strut back. The confidence so lacking last week was back in abundance.

Van Persie was clipped has he ran laterally just outside the area. The Dutchman took the kick himself and forced a flying open-handed stop from Given.

A couple of minutes later, Toure rattled a drive into sidenetting. It was more than one-way traffic. It was like a motorway heading directly at Newcastle’s goal.

[Linked Image]

That said, Michael Owen had a wonderful opportunity to equalise eight minutes before the break. Jonas Gutierrez skipped past Fabregas and Gael Clichy on the right and his cross found the England striker unmarked at far post. His shot was poor but the proximity of team-mate Shola Ameobi may have put him off.

However normal service was restored soon afterwards.

Firstly, Adebayor burst through to trickle a shot wide. Then, four minutes from the whistle, Van Persie got his second.

Eboue nudged the ball to Adebayor on the right and raced into the area to get the return. The Ivorian was facing away from goal but was aware the Dutchman had scampered into the area behind him. Eboue’s clever back-heel allowed a sliding Van Persie to stab home from eight yards.

You sensed that was game over. But Owen was proving to be a continual threat. In injury time he drifted a far-post header just over the bar.

Arsenal appeared content with their lead immediately after the break. Nicky Butt even caused a minor scare by scuffing a header on to the top of the bar.

However the home side secured the points just before the hour when Samir Nasri cut inside and Adebayor cleverly fed Denilson to slot home from the edge of the area. A beautifully-crafted goal.

Two minutes later, Van Persie collected the ball close to the left-hand byline, beat his marker and lashed an audaciously angled drive against the underside of the bar.

It was the Dutchman’s final contribution. Seconds later he was substituted for Carlos Vela; the Mexican’s first competitive appearance for Arsenal.

The party had now officially started. The fans celebrated by singing the name of Adebayor and Gael Clichy, still to score as a pro, tried his luck from 30 yards.

More chances followed. Toure hammered a header into the chest of Given with 16 minutes left, Nasri’s free-kick forced another fine save from Given and Gallas saw his effort cleared off the line.

But the closest Arsenal would come to another 4-0 was in the 88th minute when an unmarked Walcott collected Adebayor’s pass on the right of the area.

He had time and space to shoot but dragged his shot wide.

The whistle blew soon afterwards.

It has been a good week. jump

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal host Sheffield United in Carling Cup

Arsenal will play Sheffield United in the Carling Cup Third Round.

The draw was made earlier on Saturday afternoon and means the Gunners will host the Blades on either September 23/24.

[Linked Image]

Arsenal knocked Sheffield United out of the same competition last season, running out 3-0 winners at Bramall Lane with goals from Eduardo (2) and Denilson.

The full draw for the Third Round is as follows:

Arsenal v Sheffield United

Brighton and Hove/Manchester City v Derby County

Burnley v Fulham

Portsmouth v Chelsea

Blackburn Rovers v Everton

Rotherham v Southampton

Swansea City v Cardiff City

Ipswich v Wigan

Stoke v Reading

Leeds United v Hartlepool

Watford v West Ham United

Manchester United v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Crewe

Aston Villa v QPR

Sunderland v Northampton Town

Newcastle v Tottenham

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'Improvement comes from a different attitude'

[Linked Image]

On the performance...

"I am very pleased with the performance because it was a complete one. Offensively and defensively, we had a good balance in our team. Great movement and, apart from 10 minutes at the begining of the second half, where we suffered a little bit, we were always in control.

"We played the game we love, the game we know how to play and could have scored more. I am pleased that we didn't concede any goals."

On Van Persie...

"He can be that link between midfield and the strikers, and it is the way we want to play. i think you could see he was in shape and when he is like that he is very important player for us.

"He is having an X-ray and we have to check his ankle. Hopefully nothing is broken but I don't know yet."

On his players' globetrotting...

"It is frustrating for all the managers. The difference is maybe when you are involved in the Champions League there is no time to regroup because players are playing far away. When they come back and we go away [to Blackburn]."

On responding to the Fulham result...

"I believe that the improvement comes from a completely different attitude. We have shown that against FC Twente and we have shown again here. Fulham was the start of the season with tough games before it. After the players went away it was some players' fourth game in 10 days and we were not ready mentally at Craven Cottage. "

On multiple chances...

"We could have had more, it is difficult to say. You could see in the end we would attack and it was almost a chance for a goal."

On Nasri v Barton...

"I don't know why [Kevin] Keegan was angry with Nasri. He had an incident with [Joey] Barton and was booked rightly so."

On potential signings...

"We are trying to buy but the problem is availabliltly, as well as the fact we have to find players better or as good as the ones we have."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - There's more to come from this team

Saturday’s return to form proves the vast potential of this Arsenal side, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Frenchman will have been delighted and relieved in equal measure as his team ran rampage against Newcastle at Emirates Stadium. The 3-0 scoreline was the least they deserved and came hot on the heels of a 4-0 drubbing over Twente four days earlier. Certainly it was in marked contrast to the listless 1-0 defeat at Fulham the previous weekend. But, according to their manager, it was NOT Arsenal at their limit.

“I think there's more to come from this team,” said Wenger afterwards.

“We have a team whose game is based on movement and passing. In the first 25 minutes I feel we could have played better in the final third. Even in the last 20 minutes, we didn't finish off the game.

“That’s why there's more to come. But it’s linked with the quality of how much we integrate our philosophy of the game and how much we want to push our talent."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Nasri put in 'complete performance'

Arsène Wenger described the contribution of Samir Nasri against Newcastle on Saturday as a "complete performance".

The midfielder followed up goals against West Brom and FC Twente with an outstanding display against the Magpies, much to his manager’s delight.

“I think he had a complete performance,” said Wenger. “He had a great touch on the ball, good vision and good team discipline.

“We like him to have the ball because we know, every time he does, he’ll do something with it. For me it's a sign of a player that, when he gets the ball, you’re happy.

“You don’t have to worry about the rest.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Clichy - We'll be fine even if we don't buy

Gael Clichy believes Arsenal will be just fine regardless of whether Arsène Wenger adds to his squad before the transfer window closes at midnight.

The Arsenal manager has a habit of deadline-day dealings - recent years have seen William Gallas and Lassana Diarra arrive with hours to spare - and this time Wenger is on the lookout for reinforcements in central midfield.

[Linked Image]

Clichy will leave the transfer nitty-gritty to his manager but insists that Arsenal can thrive even if they don't strengthen their squad. In the left-back's opinion, Saturday's 3-0 win against Newcastle was evidence of that.

"We showed [on Saturday] we have the quality, but against Fulham it was not there," said Clichy.

"Buying new players is up to the boss. He has shown everyone he is a great manager and if he feels the team needs one or two new players, then he will do it. If not, then I am sure we have the quality to do things.

"As for me, I just have to perform well for the Club."

One school of thought suggests that new recruits would reduce first-team opportunities for some of Arsenal's talented youngsters. Clichy can empathise with the Club's youth prospects but accepts that Wenger knows what he is doing.

"A few years ago, I was the young player waiting for a chance," said Clichy. "It is good for the young players to have a chance and we have that quality in the squad.

"If the boss thinks we need more good, young players then he will buy, if not, we will make do with what we have got."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Randall and Gibbs sign new contracts

Arsenal can today confirm that Mark Randall and Kieran Gibbs have signed new contracts with the Club.

Both joined the Gunners as scholars in the summer of 2006 and went on to sign professional terms in 2007.

Randall (18) made his first team debut against West Bromwich Albion in the League Cup in October 2006 and has gone on to appear six times for the first team. Having spent time on loan with Championship side Burnley last season he returned to feature in the last League game of the season against Sunderland, and played in six of the Club’s pre-season friendlies.

[Linked Image]

Gibbs, also 18, made his first team bows for the Gunners last season in the Carling Cup wins over Sheffield United and Blackburn Rovers. Kieran shot to prominence in the FA Youth Cup run to the semi-final in 2007, grabbing a goal in both legs of the last four defeat to Manchester United.

After spending a loan spell with Norwich City in January, Kieran returned to finish the season with the Arsenal Reserves. Continuing to impress pre-season, Gibbs adapted from his usual midfield role to occupy the left-back position against Juventus in the Emirates Cup.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes both Mark and Kieran continued success with the Club.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Eboue is becoming a pass master

Arsène Wenger has praised the early-season contribution of Emmanuel Eboue - especially his final pass.

[Linked Image]

The Ivorian midfielder has featured in every game so far, either on the right or as cover in the centre. His manager believes the unsung 25-year-old was one of few players who held his own at Fulham and his overall contribution is getting better.

“Since the start of the season, Eboue has played well,” said Wenger. “He had two good games in central midfield. At Fulham, he was one of the players who was not disappointing and he had a good performance against Newcastle as well.

“He's a football player. Sometimes I play him, sometimes Walcott, sometimes Nasri [out wide].

“There was a little bit of frustration from the fans because they thought that he didn't always have enough end-product, but he has improved a lot in that respect. He has put over good final balls since the start of the season.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: Vela class is positive for our future

According to Arsène Wenger, Carlos Vela showed enough against Newcastle to suggest that he will be a major asset for Arsenal.

The Mexican youngster emerged from the bench for the final half-hour of Saturday's 3-0 win and immediately caused problems for the visitors with his close control and willingness to run at defenders. It was Vela's first competitive appearance for the Club and an impressive one at that.

The 19-year-old joined Arsenal from Celta Vigo in January 2007 but only linked up with his new club this summer following loan spells in Spain with Salamanca and Osasuna. Now Vela is fully integrated into Arsenal's first-team squad and Wenger expects great things from him.

"Yes, he looks like another one for the future," said the Frenchman.

"He is 19 years of age, he was born in 1989, and when you look at these players and what they can do at that age, I think it is very positive for the future of the Club."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Theo Walcott - Jack can make the fans happy

According to Theo Walcott, Emirates Stadium will be filled with smiling faces if Jack Wilshere can establish himself in the Arsenal first team.

There are similarities between Wilshere’s rise to prominence and Walcott’s own path to success. The England international also burst onto the scene as a 16 year-old and he believes that Wilshere has the ability to be a firm favourite with the fans.

[Linked Image]

“He’s a really nice lad,” Walcott told the official matchday programme. “For a little lad he’s very strong, he’s got a good left foot and his link-up play and reading of the game is fantastic.

“He makes it look so easy when he plays and every time he gets the ball and does something he brings a smile to your face.”

Wilshere completed 90 minutes for the Reserves as they were beaten 3-2 by their Chelsea counterparts at Underhill on Monday night. Walcott expects his fellow teenager to feature in the first team at some point but, having trodden a similar path himself, he knows that Wilshere will need a rest too.

“I’m sure he’ll get a chance or two this season, he’s still young so he’ll want to play, but he will need rest as well.”

“It's nice to have another English face in the changing room though, especially after Justin [Hoyte] left. I was sad to see Justin go, but with Jack and Aaron Ramsey here too, there are a few Brits in the squad.”

This interview first appeared in the official matchday programme. You can subscribe by calling 08700 20 20 20.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Clichy sets his sights on international debut

The clever money is on Gael Clichy finally winning his first international cap this season.

The Arsenal left-back was one of the Premier League's most consistent performers last term and came within touching distance of his France debut when Raymond Domenech drafted him into the squad ahead of the European Championships.

However, Clichy had to settle for a 'B' team appearance against DR Congo and is still waiting for his chance after watching last month's friendly win against Sweden from the substitutes' bench.

The 23-year-old faces stiff competition for the left-back spot with Manchester United's Patrice Evra and Barcelona's Eric Abidal also in the frame. Nonetheless Clichy is in the France squad for their forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Austria and Serbia and hopes that his patience will pay off.

"Personally it is a nice thing [to be called up] but I didn’t play so I still have to work hard and I hope I will make my debut soon," said Clichy.

"It’s a big thing for me, like all the players you want to play for your country. When you are called up, that means you are one of the 20 best players in France.

"That’s a big thing for me and I hope I will make my debut soon."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - My outside tip for Champions League

Bayern Munich are Arsène Wenger’s outsiders for Champions League glory.

The draw for Europe’s top competition was made last week. Arsenal were placed with Dynamo Kiev, Fenerbache and Porto in a tough-looking Group G.

Wenger came closest to lifting the Champions League trophy in 2006. When the Frenchman was asked to tip his winner this season he went for the ‘big guns’ with one notable outsider.

“There’s the usual English teams, the two big Spanish teams and you could add Inter Milan this year maybe,” he said. “They have experience and a massive squad now. They will be difficult to beat.

“But if you want an outsider in there then maybe Bayern Munich. They were not in the Champions League last year. They did not win the Uefa Cup. So there has been a bit less certainty for them recently.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Euro star Fabregas aims to reign with Spain

Cesc Fabregas has already conquered Europe wearing a red shirt once and he will be aiming to do it again this season, only this time with his club.

The midfielder, who helped Spain to glory at Euro 2008 in the summer, has joined his compatriots once again this week. They face Bosnia-Herzegovina and Armenia on Saturday and Wednesday respectively and Fabregas sees similarities between the style of play of his club and his country.

“The Spanish side has very, very good players,” Fabregas told the official matchday programme. “I enjoy playing with them and there are definitely comparisons with Arsenal, although it’s a bit quicker with my club.

[Linked Image]

“The emphasis with Spain is maybe more on keeping the ball while at Arsenal we’re committed to playing on the counter and looking for attacking solutions all the time. The players are similar as they’re technically good and very creative.”

Before Euro 2008 some critics suggested that Fabregas and his Spanish team-mate Xavi were too similar to strike up an effective partnerhip. But the Arsenal.com Player of the Season was never in any doubt that the duo would complement each other.

“Good players can always play together if they want to and are intelligent,” he said. “I think that the coach was actually very intelligent himself in this case; he knew that Xavi and I are a bit different. Xavi is very good at keeping the ball, while every time we were losing or drawing he’d send me on because I can play a bit quicker, a bit longer.

“I respect Xavi a lot and [Luis] Aragones too - he made the right decisions at the right moments and what it comes down to is that we are a team.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Internationals: Globetrotting Gunners fly out

Over the next week several Arsenal players will be swapping their usual shirts for that of their respective countries. Arsenal.com will bring you all the news of who they got on, starting with a run down of the games they will be playing in.
Player Profile - William GallasFrance

William Gallas, Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri, Bacary Sagna
Austria v France, Sept 5, France v Serbia
Four of the Gunners' French contingent will be on show, including Gael Clichy in search of his first senior cap.
Player Profile - Cesc FabregasSpain

Cesc Fabregas
Spain v Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sept 5, Spain v Armenia, Sept 10
The European Champions are hotly tipped for success in 2010, and the long road starts over the next week.
Player Profile - Kolo ToureIvory Coast

Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue
Mozambique v Ivory Coast, Sept 7
After four games the Ivory Coast Group Seven in their bid for World Cup 2010, and will be looking to strengthen that position over the weekend.
Player Profile - Robin van PersieHolland

Robin van Persie
Holland v Australia, Sept 6, Macedonia v Holland, Sept 10
A friendly match with Australia will serve as a warm-up before the Dutch begin the serious business of qualifying for World Cup 2010
Player Profile - Theo WalcottEngland

Theo Walcott
Andorra v England, Sept 6, Croatia v England, Sept 10
After their poor Euro 2008 qualification, England face the side that put them out, Croatia, desperate for revenge as they begin their journey to World Cup 2010
Player Profile - Emmanuel AdebayorTogo

Emmanuel Adebayor
Zambia v Togo, Sept 5
Emmanuel is hoping to help re-fire his country's World Cup qualifying campaign, after a mixed start that sees them lie bottom of Group 11.
Player Profile - Nicklas BendtnerDenmark

Nicklas Bendtner
Hungary v Denmark, Sept 6, Portugal v Denmark, Sept 10
After missing out on Euro 2008 Denmark will be keen to get a strong start in Group One.
Player Profile - Aaron RamseyWales

Aaron Ramsey
Wales v Azerbaijan, Sept 6, Russia v Wales, Sept 10
Aaron would earn his first senior cap with an appearance in either of Wales' World Cup qualifying matches.
Player Profile - Alexandre SongCameroon

Alex Song
Cape Verde Islands v Cameroon, Sept 6
After their Olympic exploits, Cameroon will switch focus to the World Cup qualifying campaign. The Indomitable Lions currently sit top of Group 1.
Player Profile - Johan DjourouSwitzerland

Johan Djourou
Israel v Switzerland, Sept 5, Switzerland v Luxembourg, Sept 10
Switzerland didn't need to qualify for Euro 2008 but will have to start long process now as they bid for a spot at World Cup 2010.
Player Profile - Lukasz FabianskiPoland

Lukasz Fabianski
Poland v Slovenia, Sept 6, San Marino v Poland, Sept 10
Poland fell at the Group Stage in Euro 2008 and will be keen to start well as they bid for a place at the 2010 World Cup.
Player Profile - Carlos VelaMexico

Carlos Vela
Jamaica v Mexico, Sept 6, Mexico v Canada, Sept 10
After a winning start to their World Cup qualifying campaign, Sven Goran-Eriksson's Mexico will be looking to take a grip on Group 2.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Gibbs - I need to watch and learn from Clichy

Last season, Arsenal officially had best left back in the country. That is why Kieran Gibbs feels he is at the best place to learn his new trade.

The 19-year-old, who signed a new long-term deal at Emirates Stadium this week, is targeting a first-team place at full back these days. It is change from his more familiar role on the left wing.

[Linked Image]

Speaking to Arsenal.com, Gibbs argued his job now was to look and learn from the likes of Gael Clichy, especially after the Frenchman was voted into the Premier League team of the season at the end of last term.

“Traditionally we have full backs who like to get forward,” said the former Wimbledon winger. “Players like Ashley Cole and Gael Clichy, if I keep watching them I can learn to develop that.

“But I need to stay focused on the defending side, it’s something I do need to work on."

“I feel more like an attacking player but they’ve started to play me at left back from the start of the season. They’re just trying me out there to see how it goes, but I’m happy to do both.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Bischoff on course for first-team chance

Amaury Bischoff could be back in full training in a matter of weeks.

The Portuguese Under-21 international was already carrying a groin injury when he signed from German outfit Werder Bremen over the summer. That is why, at the time, Arsène Wenger admitted the move was “a gamble on his talent”.

[Linked Image]

In late July the manager also said Bischoff was two to three months away from competitive action. And, speaking exclusively to Arsenal TV Online, the midfielder revealed he was right on course.

“The injury is getting better bit by bit,” said Bischoff. “I've been doing ball work for five or six days now and I am running three times a week. I'm nearly pain-free and hope to be back as soon as possible.

“It's been difficult. I've been injured for a long time but Arsenal have shown faith in me. They have got me in great shape and been brilliant. They monitor me with a daily programme and a trainer is there for me every day. I think that little by little I'm getting there and will soon be back on the pitch.

“I think that in two weeks I'll be training with the team and if all goes well, I'll speak with the manager and coaches here. Then I'll be back as quickly as possible.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Internationals: Walcott makes first start

[Linked Image]

Over the weekend, a host of Arsenal players were in action for their countries, most were competing in qualifiers for World Cup 2010. Arsenal.com brings you a round-up of how our international Gunners faired.

Player Profile - William GallasFrance

William Gallas, Gael Clichy, Samir Nasri, Bacary Sagna
Austria 3-1 France
Three of the four Arsenal players in Raymond Domenech's squad appeared in Vienna as France were brushed aside by Austria. William Gallas completed the match while Samir Nasri was replaced by former Gunner Nicolas Anelka after 80 minutes. Gael Clichy is still yet to appear for Les Bleus as he remained an unused subsititute. Clichy's fellow full-back, Bacary Sagna, managed 70 minutes before he was replaced.

Cesc Fabregas
Spain 1-0 Bosnia Herzegovina
Cesc Fabregas played a key role in Spain's victory over Bosnia Herzegovina. After being frustrated by the visitors for long spells of the game, the European champions finally made the breakthrough on 57 minutes. It was Fabregas who delievered a sumptuous through-ball for David Villa who rounded the keeper before slotting home from an acute angle. The Arsenal man was withdrawn after 64 minutes.
Player Profile - Kolo ToureIvory Coast

Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue
Mozambique 1-1 Ivory Coast
Both Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue completed 90 minutes as Mozambique held Ivory Coast on Sunday night. Bakary Kone broke the deadlock for the visitors just after half-time but Mozambique were back on terms four minutes later. Miro doing the damage for the home side. The draw leaves the Ivorians top of Group Seven maintaining their unbeaten record.

Robin van Persie
Holland 1-1 Australia
Robin van Persie played 45 minutes as Holland crashed to a 2-1 home defeat in their friendly against Australia. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar had put the hosts in front after just six minutes but the visitors replied with strikes from Harry Kewell and Joshua Kennedy. The match formed part of Holland's preparation for their opening World Cup qualifier against Macedonia on September 10.
Player Profile - Theo WalcottEngland

Theo Walcott
Andorra 0-2 England
Theo Walcott made his first start for England as they eventually overcame Andorra. A frustrating evening saw the hosts put 10 men behind the ball but Joe Cole came off the bench to secure the points at the Estadio Olimpic, Barcelona. Walcott's pace caused Andorra major problems early on. He provided Jermain Defoe and Wayne Rooney with glorious opportunites within the opening 20 minutes as well as going close himself. An encouraging performance from the young winger.

Nicklas Bendtner
Hungary 0-0 Denmark
Nicklas Bendtner was unable to make the breakthrough for Denmark and was eventually replaced by QPR's Marc Nygaard just three minutes from time in what was a turgid affair in Budapest. The Danes face an altogether tougher test on September 10 when they travel to Lisbon to face Portugal.
Player Profile - Aaron RamseyWales

Aaron Ramsey
Wales 1-0 Azerbaijan
Aaron Ramsey did not feature in Wales' victory over Azerbaijan. The 17-year-old will be hoping to play a part in his country's next fixture against Russia on September 10.
Player Profile - Alexandre SongCameroon

Alexandre Song
Cape Verde Islands 1-2 Cameroon
It was a bitter-sweet evening for Alex Song as Cameroon came from behind to beat Cape Verde Islands. Song played throughout before recieving his first yellow card after 82 minutes. Song was harshly dealt his second booking of the match deep into stoppage time but it did not stop the Indomitable Lions from claiming victory. They remain undefeated in Group One.

Johan Djourou
Israel 2-2 Switzerland
Johan Djourou completed the whole match as Switzerland managed a creditable draw in Israel. It could have been even sweeter for the visitors who found themselves 2-0 up after 56 minutes. Israel rallied and Yossi Benayoun halved the arrears on 73. substitute Ben Sahar ended Switzerland's hopes of an impressive victory two minutes into stoppage time. The Swiss host Luxembourg on September 10.

Lukasz Fabianski
Poland 1-1 Slovenia
Artur Boruc's suspension meant that Lukasz Fabianski completed the whole of Poland's draw against Slovenia. The young goalkeeper had a busy evening as Slovenia utilised the counter-attack throughout the game. A 17th-minute penalty was converted by Michal Zewlakow for Poland before a Slovenian break away was put away by Zlatko Dedic on 35.

Carlos Vela
Mexico 3-0 Jamaica
Carlos Vela managed 78 minutes of Mexico's comprehensive victory over Jamaica as Sven Goran Eriksson made it two wins from two in charge of the hosts. Despite looking alert throughout, Vela was unable to trouble the scorers. Andres Guardado and Fernando Arce had put the hosts 2-0 up before defender Jose Magallon completed the rout on 63 minutes.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Simpson - Pre-season was a privilege for me

The last 12 months has seen Jay Simpson conquer the steepest of learning curves and, this season, the striker is eager to continue the climb.

After winning the League One Player of the Year award during his loan spell at Millwall, the 19-year-old was awarded a place on Arsenal’s first-team tour of Austria in July. His pace and power caught the eye as he featured in all three of fixtures out there. Simpson feels his recent progression owes a lot to the Lions.

[Linked Image]

“The loan spell definitely helped me a lot on the physical side,” he told Arsenal.com. “My ball retention with defenders behind me has really improved. In League One, they like to get into you and give you a kick. It was a very good experience for me and I feel it’s something that I’ve brought back to Arsenal.

“It was really valuable experience going away with the first-team [in pre-season] too. Training out there with some of the best players in the world was really intense and it helped me a lot with my fitness. It was a privilege to be out there, just knowing the Boss is taking note of you.

“If the Boss would like me to go out on loan again this season then I will do. If he needs me to stay I’ll stay. Like everybody, I just want to play, especially after playing all of last year. But it’s down to him and I’m happy to be at Arsenal.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Hoyte - I am ready for greater responsibility

Gavin Hoyte is taking on more responsibility this season - in more ways than one.

The 18-year-old defender enjoyed a profitable summer at the first team's training camp in Austria before two notable departures transformed his role at Arsenal. Gavin is now flying the flag for the Hoyte family following Justin's move to Middlesbrough, while Havard Nordtveit's loan switch to Salamanca saw the centre back appointed as Reserve team captain for the new campaign.

Gavin led Neil Banfield's side out for last week's Reserve League curtain-raiser against Chelsea and, although Arsenal lost a compelling derby 3-2, their new skipper emerged with credit. He even held his own in a tough encounter with Didier Drogba as the Ivory Coast striker eased himself back from injury.

[Linked Image]

"It's a great honour to be captain and lead the team. It's a brilliant feeling," Hoyte told Arsenal.com. "I found out at the last pre-season game we played, against Worthing. Neil Banfield announced that I was captain and I was over the moon about it.

"I need to drive everyone on and I tried to do that against Chelsea. We lost concentration at times and let their runners go but we also played some great football."

Hoyte's face broke into a smile when the topic of Drogba cropped up. Arsenal's youngsters are used to physical battles in the Reserve League - but they don't come much tougher than the Chelsea striker.

"You have to be excited to play against someone like him," said Hoyte. "He's a great player and he has played in a lot of big games. He gave us a good test.

"He is a strong player so you have to change your game. You can't get in a physical battle with him because he will just knock you off the ball easily. So you have to be intelligent at the back and work your way around that. He is brilliant in the air so you have to work off his touch and work around him."

Gavin has been at Arsenal since he was nine and, since day one, his big brother Justin has been there with him. The siblings even shared the same pitch in pre-season as defensive partners so it's no surprise that Justin's departure will take some getting used to. However, Gavin is focused on his own future.

"When Justin went it was a little bit strange at first [not to see him at the training ground] and it still is really," he said. "I gave him a bit of stick when he scored an own goal on his Middlesbrough debut but they won so that was the main thing!

"It was great for me to be with the first-team players at the training camp and work with the manager as well, it helped me as a player. The first-team players worked with me a lot and talked to me, it was good experience.

"William Gallas and Kolo Toure told me that the biggest thing for me is talking on the pitch, and being confident on the ball, keep playing your game. So that's what I need to do. Keep playing my football, keep playing in the Reserves and hopefully get to play in the Carling Cup team."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wonderful Walcott hits historic hat-trick

Arsenal youngster Theo Walcott hit a stunning hat-trick as England romped to a 4-1 victory against Croatia on Wednesday night.

The 19-year-old was a surprise inclusion in Fabio Capello's line-up for the World Cup qualifier in Zagreb but he justified the England manager's decision with an inspired display.

Walcott's pace and trickery gave Croatia no end of problems and he opened his international account after 26 minutes, finding the bottom corner after Danijel Pranjic's clearance cannoned straight into Robert Kovac and fell at Walcott's feet.

[Linked Image]

The Arsenal winger found himself in an identical position moments later but his cross-shot was pushed aside by Croatian keeper Stipe Pletikosa. By now Walcott was a constant menace to the hosts and Josip Simunic was booked for a cynical foul on the teenager as he surged through the middle.

England's task got easier in the second half when Robert Kovac was sent off for an elbow on Joe Cole, and Walcott rounded off a slick passing move with another rasping shot into the bottom corner to double the visitors' advantage on the hour mark.

Wayne Rooney made it 3-0 four minutes later and, although Mario Mandzukic grabbed a consolation for Croatia, Walcott had the final word. With eight minutes remaining the 19-year-old sprinted onto Rooney's through-ball and rolled his shot past Pletikosa to complete an historic treble.

It was the first competitive hat-trick for an England player since Michael Owen bagged three against Germany in the 5-1 win in Munich in 2001. And it signalled Walcott's arrival as a true international star.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
International watch: France debut for Clichy

There were nine non-English Gunners on show for their respective countries on Wednesday night. Arsenal.com brings you a comprehensive round-up of how they faired…
Player Profile - Gael ClichyFrance

Gael Clichy, William Gallas, Bacary Sagna
France 2-1 Serbia
Gael Clichy made his long-awaited debut for France last night as they overcame Serbia 2-1 at the Stade de France. Clichy lined up alongside both William Gallas and Bacary Sagna in defence, clearly Raymond Domenech has taken note of the Gunners’ four clean sheets already this season. At the other end, it was two ex-Arsenal men who did the damage. Thierry Henry opened the scoring after 54 minutes and Nicolas Anelka hit what proved to be the winner 10 minutes later.

Cesc Fabregas
Spain 4-0 Armenia
Cesc Fabregas was introduced late on as Spain ran riot against Armenia. It took just seven minutes for Spain to take the lead, Juan Capdevilla finishing neatly after being released by Andres Iniesta. David Villa struck either side of half-time before Marcos Senna wrapped things up with a 25-yard piledriver. Spain’s two successive victories puts them at the top of Group Five.

Robin van Persie
Macedonia FYR 1-2 Holland
Holland put the dissapointment of their friendly defeat to Australia behind them with a hard-fought victory in Skopje. Second half goals from John Heitinga and Rafael van der Vaart ensured the Dutch qualifying campaign got off to the best possible start. Robin van Persie was withdrawn after 69 minutes of the match after tirelessly leading the line for the visitors.

Nicklas Bendtner
Portugal 2-3 Denmark
Nicklas Bendtner was amongst the goals as Denmark managed a dramatic late victory in Lisbon. In undoubtedly Denmark’s toughest test in Group One, the visitors struck twice in stoppage time to ensure all three points went back to Denmark. When Bendtner leveled the game at 1-1 on 84 minutes it looked like the visitors had earned an unlikely point. A penalty from Deco two minutes later swung the game back in favour of the home side but Christian Poulsen and Daniel Jensen struck in stoppage time to hand Denmark the victory.

Johan Djourou
Switzerland 1-2 Luxembourg
Johan Djourou completed 90 minutes as Switzerland were shocked at home by Luxembourg. In the qualifiers for World Cup 2006, Luxembourg didn’t even register a point shipping 48 goals in the process, but secured this unlikely win with a Fons Leweck strike four minutes from time. It was the first home competitive fixture for new coach Ottmar Hitzfeld whose side now lie second bottom of Group Two.

Lukasz Fabianski
San Marino 0-2 Poland
Poland owed a lot to their Arsenal goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski as they struggled to victory over San Marino. The hosts, who are ranked 70 places below Poland, were awarded a penalty after three minutes. Captain Andy Selva’s penalty was brilliantly saved by Fabianski who was starting his second successive fixture for his country. The visitors struck either side of half time to see Poland top of the group but they’ll have to improve on what was a lacklustre performance if they are to qualify.

Carlos Vela
Mexico 2-1 Canada
Carlos Vela played 70 minutes for Mexico as they dispatched Canada to maintain Sven-Goran Erkisson’s 100% record in charge of Mexico. Omar Bravo and Rafael Marquez struck in the second half for the hosts who conceded a 77th minute Ali Gerba consolation. The game will be remembered as Mexican legend Cuauhtemoc Blanco’s last. The striker came on in the last minute to make his 100th appearance for his country before announcing his retirement shortly after the match.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Silvestre debut could be delayed once more

Arsenal fans may have to wait a little longer for the debut of Mikael Silvestre.

The defender has yet to play for Arsène Wenger’s side after signing from Manchester United on August 20 but his manager had suggested the 31-year-old would be available for the trip to Blackburn this Saturday.

[Linked Image]

However, speaking exclusively to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday, Wenger revealed Silvestre had suffered a small problem and may wait until the midweek trip to Dynamo Kyiv before making his bow.

“We had a minor setback with him,” said the manager. "But if he is not available for Saturday he will be OK for Wednesday certainly.”

The rigours of the international break have cost Arsenal the services of Carlos Vela and there is a doubt over Samir Nasri, who missed the French win over Serbia because of a knee problem. Apart from that the manager had a relatively clean bill of health when he spoke on Thursday lunchtime.

“At the moment I do not know about everybody because some players finished their game at 4am, for example Carlos Vela in Mexico,” he said. “I count him out completely but overall it looks good. The only injury news that we have is Nasri, who could not play last night for France. We have to assess him later.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - More to come from 'hungry' Walcott

Arsène Wenger doesn't expect Theo Walcott to make a habit of scoring hat-tricks for England but he does believe there is plenty more to come from the Arsenal youngster.

Walcott set tongues wagging across Europe with a scintillating performance in Zagreb on Wednesday night. The 19-year-old inspired the Three Lions to a 4-1 victory against Croatia and has been the toast of his country ever since.

Wenger has seen Walcott develop at close hand since signing the teenager from Southampton in January 2006. The Frenchman did not see Walcott make history - he was watching France instead - but he was not surprised by the winger's exploits.

"I am delighted of course," said Wenger. "I am not surprised because he is a player who has good timing with his runs and is a clinical finisher who can score goals.

[Linked Image]

"I always believed that he will be a fantastic player and I was never concerned - I know he can score goals and I know on the breaks he can be clinical. But for me, most of all is that he continues to develop as a team player.

"What happened yesterday we have to consider to be an exception. Even for players of 25, 26 to score three goals in an international game is a one-off. What is very good is that he has the confidence of [Fabio] Capello in that he plays at that level at 19 years of age.

"How good can he be? Don't set any limitations on any human being because once you have talent the rest is down to how much you want it and to how intelligent you are. I believe he is hungry in a quiet way - quiet determination - and he is intelligent."

As far as Wenger is concerned, that intelligence shone through during Walcott's post-match interview in Zagreb. Indeed, the teenager's conduct after his incredible achievement impressed Wenger as much as the achievement itself.

"I listened to his interview after the game this morning and I was as pleased with his interview as with the three goals he scored," admitted Wenger. "I am not sure if I had scored three goals in an international game I would have given the same interview.

"That shows he is a good analyser, clever, well balanced, with his feet on the ground. Straight away after the game he analysed the consequences of what happened to him last night and how he has to deal with that.

"I feel that is more important for his career than the three goals he scored because that shows a great sign of intelligence and maturity."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Good vibes can help us at Blackburn

Arsène Wenger believes the international break could help Arsenal as well as hinder them.

The Frenchman has two major concerns whenever his players represent their countries - the threat of injuries and the fatigue factor when club matters resume. But the events of Wednesday night allowed Wenger to put a different spin on a normally troublesome issue when he faced the media at his pre-match press conference.

Theo Walcott's stunning hat-trick for England, Gael Clichy's senior debut for France and a string of wins for Arsenal's internationals all mean there are plenty of good vibes around Wenger's squad ahead of Saturday's tricky-looking trip to Blackburn. The Frenchman hopes the feel-good factor will assist Arsenal at Ewood Park.

"Many players had positive experiences on international duty," said Wenger.

"We have spoken about Theo Walcott, and France won also, where we had three players [Clichy, William Gallas and Bacary Sagna]. Spain won also.

"Overall the confidence our players got from international games will help, and also that we responded well to defeat at Fulham, with four goals against Twente and three against Newcastle.

"We have a very good basis to think we can do well [at Blackburn]."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger greift City-Eigentümer an

Arsenal-Coach Arsene Wenger greift die neuen Eigentümer von Manchester City an. "Fußball ist kein Supermarkt", richtet er den Investoren aus Dubai aus.

"Du kannst nicht kommen und sagen, dass du nächste Woche 170 Millionen Euro für Cristiano Ronaldo bezahlst, wenn der Spieler einen Vertrag hat. Das ist nicht möglich oder akzeptabel", ärgert sich der Franzose.

In den übermäßig hohen Summen, die investiert werden, sieht der "Gunners"-Trainer "keinen guten Trend".

peace

Seite 15 von 41 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
Gewinnspiele
2000 € Bundesliga-Torschütz
en Meisterschaft 23/24

von AllesSuper - 19/04/2024 20:16
UMFRAGE EM-Torschützen Cup
von grottenoli - 19/04/2024 18:48
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von pik7 - 19/04/2024 16:05
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 05/04/2024 20:19
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
21 members (doogie, grottenoli, Flip160, Bambi, AllesSuper, caro, BjoernT4Y, ghk225, dragoon, Bartho01), 2,679 Gäste, und 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 90
pik7 51
toubi 33
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,440
Beiträge121,317
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM