bet365
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
pyriel, Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer
3,865 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 16 von 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - The day I knew I wanted Walcott

One “special” performance in the FA Youth Cup Final was enough to convince Arsène Wenger that Theo Walcott was an Arsenal player in the making.

The 19-year-old’s England hat-trick may be the talk of the town at the moment but his club manager recalled the match, over three years ago, where he first saw Walcott play.

The then 16-year-old Walcott had already crossed swords with his future employers en route to the Final when he bagged the only goal in Southampton’s 1-0 Fifth Round victory over the Gunners. The Saints were eventually denied by Ipswich in the Final but the buzz around Walcott was growing and Wenger admitted that the Gunners weren’t the only interested party.

[Linked Image]

“At the time, he had the choice. Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool were all interested,” said the Frenchman.

“I watched him in one special game against Ipswich in the FA Youth Cup Final. We had sent scouts to watch him maybe 50 times but after that of course I have to be convinced as well.

“The first quality that stood out was the timing of his runs; when to go and when not to go. Sometimes you have players who are super quick but you don’t see it in their game because they don’t run at the right time, they don’t use their asset.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Blackburn Rovers 0-4 Arsenal

Barclays Premier League, Ewood Park

Saturday, September 13, 2008, 15:00

Arsenal began their long-distance week in the best possible style with a comfortable 4-0 win at Blackburn on Saturday.

England hero Theo Walcott set up the first for Robin van Persie in the eighth minute. But after that Emmanuel Adebayor took centre stage. He nodded home a first just seconds before the break, slotted home a penalty in the 81st minute and hooked home his hat-trick goal in injury time.

Blackburn were competitive in the opening 45 minutes but faded badly after the restart. Arsenal were efficient rather than stylish but that was the requisite quality this afternoon. They have now played six games this season, winning five and conceding just one.

It is a proud record but one that will be severely tested this week as Arsenal follow this trip with journeys to Kiev and Bolton - a total of 3,400 miles.

[Linked Image]

Speaking of journeys, Jack Wilshere started along the road to Arsenal glory this afternoon. His late substitute appearance made him the youngest player to appear in a League game for the club at just 16 years 256 days.

In the build-up Wenger had indicated that another teenage prodigy, Walcott, might be left on the bench after his midweek exploits in Zagreb. In the end he only moved position. Emmanuel Eboue retained his role on the right so the 19-year-old switched to the left.

In fact, Walcott was the only change to the side that hammered Newcastle two weeks ago. But there were major changes on the bench with youngsters Kieran Gibbs, Aaron Ramsey and Wilshere all named among the replacements.

Blackburn were lively early on, mostly through Brett Emerton. The Australian’s low-slung crosses from the right would be a persistent danger in the opening period but it would be Arsenal who took their chances.

They grabbed the first in the eighth minute. Walcott picked up the ball on the left hand side, darted in-field, hurdled a couple of challenges and fed Van Persie just inside the area. The Dutchman cleverly allowed the ball to run across his body then stabbed a shot beyond Paul Robinson and into the far corner of the net.

Blackburn might have responded immediately. Arsenal failed to clear their lines and the ball ran loose on the edge of the area. Roque Santa Cruz was the first to react but he slid a shot over the bar with the help of a slight deflection off Kolo Toure’s head. A key moment.

Arsenal might have made Blackburn pay an immediate penance. Adebayor led a three-man breakaway and fed Walcott on the left. The former Southampton star set himself up to steer a sidefoot shot into the far corner but sliced his effort well wide.

Overall, however, Blackburn responded well to going behind. Arsenal seemed satisfied with their goal and allowed the home side more space to go forward. Wenger’s men were just happy to cash in where they could on the break.

Although it invited pressure, that policy should have brought them a second goal on the half-hour when an unmarked Van Persie fired into the sidenetting after collecting the ball six yards out.

However Blackburn had hit their groove after that and probably deserved to draw level before half-time. Firstly Santa Cruz scuffed an effort wide, then Steven Reid went close and then finally Keith Andrew somehow failed to convert a low cross from the right. In the final minute of the half the Paraguayan striker nodded over at the far post.

But there would be a sucker-punch. Deep into injury time, Denilson floated over an inviting cross to the far post on to the head of Adebayor. The Togolese striker had the simplest of jobs to steer home his first Premier League goal of the campaign.

Blackburn tried to rally in the opening minutes after the restart but it soon fizzled out. As a result, Arsenal took the ascendency by creating a number of clear opportunities.

Walcott nearly pulled off a carbon copy of his opener for England on Wednesday, Eboue’s piledriver was tipped over the bar by Robinson and then Toure somehow failed to turn in a corner from only four yards out.

Blackburn were still competitive but it seemed that they had run out of ideas. Nine minutes from time, Arsenal ended the argument when Eboue tumbled under a challenge from Stephen Warnock and Adebayor stroked home from the spot.

Wilshere came on in the final stages to break a record and Adebayor steered home his third – Arsenal’s fourth – on the whistle.

It was his 50th goal for the club.

At full time, the visiting players were quick to thank the fans and head to the dressing room.

They needed to get home asap. It is a big week.

But they had started the right way.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'It was a well-accomplished away performance'

On keeping Blackburn quiet…

“Blackburn are a team that can be dangerous going forward and I feel that, as well as our good offensive performance, we had a good defensive performance. On crosses they can be extremely dangerous but we kept [Roque] Santa Cruz quiet. I am happy we didn't concede and that we always looked fluid going forward. It was a well-accomplished away game.”

On the midweek trip to the Ukraine…

“It is another big game on Wednesday night. It is important to start the Champions League well, with a win away from home. That will give us confidence. It will be same approach on Wednesday. It is our strength and we can be successful by expressing our strength. It is a difficult group because all the teams are used to playing in the Champions League, are strong at home as well, and that is why we need to find the same kind of performance.”

On Walcott's starting berth…

“I assessed every individual and was thinking to leave Theo out, but for the balance I kept him in. I wanted to rest Nicklas Bendtner and I thought having Theo away from home could give us the penetration. I think he can play left and right and he is happy on the left because he knows he can score with his right foot; he tried a couple of times today. Theo has been educated that way, where he can play on either side., but he also prefers to play in the middle. The problem with scoring three times for the national team is that everyone expects you to score again. Football isn't like that. What is most important is that he has a good team attitude, tries to work hard and the rest will come with time.”

On hitting top gear…

“We try always to play our way and slowly we are getting there. We started our training late because of the amount of players away at the European Championships. We are growing now and scored four goals against FC Twente, three against Newcastle and four again today, all without conceding. Despite our youth we looked mature.”

On the timing of the second goal…

“We looked before half-time that we just wanted to keep the ball, and when you are patient and simple the chance come along. That is what we did and I think it was about 20 passes from right to left, back to front and it gave us the momentum for the dangerous last pass.”

On his players being greedy…

"I am after my players to make the right decision and many times you see when a player shoots, someone could be in a better position. So I want my team to be capable of making the right decision without being greedy.”

On injuries…

“[Samir] Nasri is a big doubt for that, Eboue we might lose and Clichy too. We have to assess them tomorrow. It doesn't look too good.”

On Jack Wilshere's record breaking appearance…

“I bring English players slowly through. He is another one who will soon play for you [England].”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger – Title race will go down to the wire

We may be only four games into the Premier League season but Arsène Wenger is already predicting a “very tight and very interesting” campaign in which the champions will have to amass another high points tally.

Arsenal finished with an impressive 83 points last term but it was only good enough for third place, four points behind Manchester United and Chelsea.

With the likes of Manchester City and Tottenham investing heavily over the summer, Wenger feels there is more pressure than ever on the so-called ‘Big Four’. As a result he predicts the title will once again go down to the wire.

“This season you will need a high number of points and you will have to be consistent,” said Wenger. “I don’t know how many we’ll need, ask me again in January then we will have a better idea.

“But you might have a surprising team coming in to challenge like Man City, Tottenham and maybe Portsmouth. It will certainly be very tight and very interesting.

“Last season, I feel we did not get enough credit for what we did. We were very close. We made 83 points in the League and I have won the title with 78 before. But the competition was very high last season and looks like it will be the same this season.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Euro Watch: Dynamo hit five in domestic cup

Arsenal have been dealt a tricky hand in the Group Stage of the Champions League. Former winners FC Porto, Turkish giants Fenerbahce and Dynamo Kiev await Wenger’s men with the top two advancing to the knockout stages. This season Arsenal.com will be keeping you up to date with the form of the Gunners’ Group G counterparts in our regular Euro Watch.

FC Dynamo Kyiv
Wednesday’s opponents went one better than Arsenal at Blackburn on Saturday by hitting five goals at Olkom Melitopol. Dynamo played a reserve side against their lower division opponents in this Ukrainian League Cup tie but the defeat did no harm to the Champions League preparations of Yuri Semin’s side. Their last League outing saw Dynamo take on leaders Metalurh Donetsk in week seven of the campaign. A 17th-minute strike from in-form Ismael Bangoura was enough to settle the game and lift Dynamo into second in the table, just two points adrift of Metalurh. A brawl in the 88th minute saw Dynamo centre-half Pape Diakhate given his marching orders as well as Metalurh’s Dani Fernandes and captain Vyacheslav Checher.

Fenerbahce SK
Fenerbahce continued their stuttering start to the season on Saturday when they were beaten 2-1 at Hacettepe SK. Last season’s Champions League Quarter-Finalists took the lead after 20 minutes through their Brazilian midfielder Alex but went on to concede two second-half goals. They have yet to pick up a point on the road this season. The Yellow Canaries lie 12th in the Turkish Super League and travel to the Estadio do Dragao to face Porto in Group G on Wednesday night.

FC Porto
FC Porto are only two games into their domestic campaign and sit third in the Liga Sagres. An opening-day triumph over OS Belenenses Lisbon was followed by a creditable 1-1 draw at Benfica on August 30. Porto took the lead at the Estadio de Luz after 10 minutes through a Lucho Gonzalez penalty but were pegged back just before the hour. The hosts played the last half-an-hour with 10 men as Kostas Katsouranis saw red for a second bookable offence however the Portugese champions were unable to make their advantage count. Porto resume their domestic campaign on September 21 when they travel to Rio Ave FC.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - A draw in Kyiv would be a good start

Arsène Wenger believes the “massive challenge” of Dynamo Kyiv will be so great on Wednesday night that he would even settle for a draw.

It is unusual for the Arsenal manager to talk in those terms ahead of such a crucial clash. But then Wenger has been to the Ukraine three times in the past decade – twice to Kiev, once to Donetsk – and has lost on every occasion.

Those defeats were played between October 21 and November 7 in their respective years. This game comes five weeks earlier and well before winter sets in. Wenger concedes that is an advantage but he argues that Dynamo Kyiv remain a huge obstacle.

“It is a tough place for us to go,” he said. “It is maybe a little bit better for us to play earlier but I am convinced it will still be a massive challenge. We’ll go there and try to win the game but even if we take a point then for me it will be a good start.

“Dynamo Kyiv knocked out Spartak Moscow 4-1, 4-1 [in each leg of their qualifying game]. When you know Spartak Moscow and how strong the Russian League is at the moment that means it is a tough draw. I saw the first game at Spartak Moscow and Dynamo Kyiv were really impressive.

“Our group has four teams who are all used to playing in the Champions League – Fenerbache, Porto, Dynamo and us. Anyone can take points off anyone that’s why for me it’s very important we start well in this game.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - My special hunger for Euro glory

Emmnauel Adebayor spoke exclusively to Arsenal.com ahead before he left for Wednesday's game at Dynamo Kyiv. Here's what he had to say.

Firstly, what did you make of Group G when it was drawn?

I think a lot of people think it’s going to be an easy one but I don’t think so. I don’t think it is going to be easy to pass through. We know that playing in Ukraine is going to be very difficult especially because their players are playing in front of their fans and will be doing everything to win the game. But we are Arsenal. We just have to believe in ourselves and, if we can, play our football. If we can stay patient, score the goals then, in the end, we’ll win the game. That’s what we’re going there for.

A good start will be crucial if you are going to get through to the next stage?

It’ll be especially crucial because we are away in the first game. We have all our confidence back in the Premier League and we’re trying to build on it in Kiev but it won’t be easy. It’ll be very difficult and I believe that the squad are ready for it. So as you say, a crucial win on Wednesday will get our confidence back more and make it a little bit better for the next stage.

Is your personal confidence high after Saturday? You had not scored in the League but you ended up with a hat-trick?

Yeah, my confidence has always been high because I’ve had a few chances. I hit the post against Fulham and I set-up three goals against Newcastle. I know if I keep working hard for the team and we keep on playing the football for the team, you always have a chance to score. Those are the things that I always put in my head and it made the goals that went in on Saturday against Blackburn easy. So yeah I’m very happy and for sure my confidence is higher than before.

[Linked Image]

You joined Arsenal in January 2006 but you could not play in the Champions League for Arsenal that year and they got to the Final. Is your desire extra strong because you missed out?

Of course, that is what I have said to myself. We have every chance to win the Champions League with Arsenal. I couldn’t play back then because I was cup-tied and in my head it was difficult. But now I have a chance to play so there’s an argument for me to be more hungry than most of my team-mates. But I think I’m not the only one. Cesc lost in the Final aswell and Kolo lost in the Final aswell so to be honest I think all these players would like to win it in their career. These are the things that we’re going to pin together as brothers and help each other on the pitch and off the pitch and try to achieve something this season. I don’t know whether we’re going to win the Champions League or the Premier League but we have to achieve something because we have the quality within the squad. We just have to believe in the squad and believe in ourselves to do it.

Also you were on the bench for Monaco when they lost to Porto in the 2005 Final so, in one way, the Champions League has been a difficult tournament for you personally so far?

Yeah I’ve told most of my family this. I had the chance to be in the Final with Monaco but I was on the bench and I could see all these special things going in the Final. After the World Cup and European Championships, the Champions League is the highest level of competition so these are the things that give you the highest motivation. I know if I have the chance to win something like the Champions League with a team like Arsenal I will be very happy and very glad.

Are Arsenal better equipped to win Champions League than previous years?

I don’t know. At the moment the most important thing is keep our focus high and, after Wednesday’s game or the first stage, we can talk about whether we have a chance to win it or not.

Arsenal are second with five wins from six games and yet still appear to be slightly overlooked this season. Are you happy to be in background?

I’m always happy. You know better than anyone, last year most of the Premier League and the fans were running away with Arsenal but we only finished third. We nearly won the Champions League, we nearly won the Premier League. This season it is all established again - Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool. We just need to keep going and playing our football. At the moment we are winning and that is the most important thing. We’ll see at the end of the season what people write again.

You took a long time to score in the Champions League but now you are on a run of goals in Europe. What have you done to put that right?

For me as a footballer the most important thing is to work hard for the team and I think up until now I’ve been doing that quite well. As you say during all of last season I never scored. Only in the Quarter-Final against Milan and Liverpool home and away I scored. For me the most important thing is keep on going, keep on working hard for the team. I don’t know whether I am going to score on Wednesday or not but if the team win that is going to be more important than if I score. If I score and we win it’s going to be even better but at the moment the most important thing is we have to win. It could be Theo Walcott or Emmanuel Eboue or Kolo Toure whoever scores it doesn’t matter, the most important thing is that we bring the three points back to London.

Finally just how tough a week is this for Arsenal?

It’s big, it’s the first time we’re going to play three times away in one week. We’ve won at Blackburn so we have to play away again. We know it’s important to win especially when you play the first leg of the Champions League away and then we travel to Bolton so yeah anyway we are just taking game after game. We go to Kiev. Let’s win that game then we can talk easily about the game at Bolton.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger names squad for FC Dynamo Kyiv

Arsène Wenger has named an 18-man squad for tomorrow night's game against FC Dynamo Kyiv.

Sami Nasri and Mikael Silvestre are still out through injury. However Emmanuel Eboue and Gael Clichy are fit and both flew with the team to the Ukraine on Tuesday.

There is only one change from the squad that travelled to Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, with Carlos Vela coming in for Kieran Gibbs.

The Full Arsenal Squad:

1 Manuel ALMUNIA (GK)
3 Bacary SAGNA
4 Cesc FABREGAS
5 Kolo TOURE
10 William GALLAS (c)
11 Robin VAN PERSIE
12 Carlos VELA
14 Theo WALCOTT
15 DENILSON
16 Aaron RAMSEY
17 Alex SONG
19 Jack WILSHERE
20 Johan DJOUROU
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
22 Gael CLICHY
25 Emmanuel ADEBAYOR
26 Nicklas BENDTNER
27 Emmanuel EBOUE

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
FC Dynamo Kyiv 1-1 Arsenal

UEFA Champions League, Valeri Lobanovski Stadium

Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 19:45

* Bangoura 64 (pen)

* Gallas 88

William Gallas rescued a late point for Arsenal at Dynamo Kiev on Wednesday night just as it seemed their pain in Ukraine would linger on.

With only two minutes remaining, it appeared Ismael Bangoura’s debatable second-half penalty had made it four games, four defeats out here for Arsène Wenger’s side in the last decade.

However, just as he had at Twente in the qualifier, the Arsenal captain arrived on cue at the back post to bundle home a low cross from Theo Walcott. It was a scrappy goal but certainly deserved.

[Linked Image]

Although Arsenal never looked truly comfortable in the first half, they still created enough chances to put the game beyond doubt. Kyiv were certainly better after the break but one moment and one decision changed the course of the game.

Still, big teams always respond. Wenger had suggested pre-match that he would be satisfied with a draw and it is hard to argue they deserved much more. Group G still has five games to go and this was a solid enough start.

Wenger made only one change from the side that had won so handsomely at Blackburn on Saturday. Emmanuel Eboue had been doubtful after picking up a knock at Ewood Park. He was fit enough to travel but, in the end, was left on the bench for the game.

The wide midfielder was replaced by a central player - Alex Song – as Wenger switched to 4-5-1. Song and Denilson occupied the defensive roles in that central quintet with Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott and left midfielder Robin van Persie given license further forward.

The small, tree-lined Valeri Lobanovski Stadium held just 16,000 and was a stark contrast to the mammoth 80,000-capacity Olimpiyskiy where Wenger’s side had gone down 2-1 five years earlier.

Arsenal’s only surviving starter from that miserable night was Kolo Toure, though Gael Clichy had been on the bench. Wenger would argue his side had been rebuilt and reinvigorated since then. Certainly teak-tough trips likes Blackburn and Bolton hold only some of their former trepidation these days. But Arsenal still had to overcome their former Eastern Bloc block.

Despite creating sufficient opportunities, their first-half performance did not entirely convince. The visitors were always patient and controlled but never dominant.

In the second minute, Walcott nudged a pass into the right-hand channel and Van Persie timed his run perfectly to race through and collect the ball on the corner of the six-yard box. The Dutchman had time to pick his spot but he chose power instead. Keeper Stanislav Bogush blocked with his body. Wenger’s formation was relatively cautious so this was never going to be one of those overwhelming Arsenal performances. But they were still the team most likely to score.

In the 18th minute Roman Eremenko’s slip gave Adebayor the chance to run at the Kyiv backline. He did an effective job of slipping between the final two defenders however, once he had sight of goal, his nerve deserted him. The Togolese striker’s attempted curler whistled just wide.

For their part, Kyiv were the compact, organised side Wenger had predicted. However they were pretty toothless too. The closest they got in the first half-hour was a long-distance piledriver from captain Nesmachniy. Almunia was untroubled.

The hosts came on strong in the latter stages of the first half but, yet again, the chances came from Arsenal. Five minutes from the break, a flowing move ended with Bacary Sagna sending over a low cross from the right and Van Persie swung a shot into the sidenetting.

A better opportunity presented itself a couple of minutes later. Adebayor clipped a cross to the far past where Van Persie touched it back for the unmarked Fabregas six yards out. The Spaniard failed to get sufficient purchase on his shot and Bogush gratefully plucked the ball out of the air.

However, three minutes into the second half, it was the Arsenal keeper who was feeling relieved. Roman Eremenko’s low angled drive rebounded off the base of the post, hit the diving Almunia on the back and trickled invitingly across the six-yard area. The Spaniard recovered quickly and smothered the ball. It was a scare entirely out of keeping with the first 45 minutes.

Arsenal responded with urgency but precious few chances. They would suffer the consequences in the 61st minute when Bangoura crossed from the right and Sagna was adjudged to have bundled over Ognjen Vukojevic in the middle.

The Guinea striker raced over to collect the loose ball and placed it on the penalty spot with purpose. Bangoura sent Almunia the wrong way and Kyiv had the lead. It was only the second goal he had conceded in 10 hours of competitive football this season.

Almost immediately Wenger took steps.

Nicklas Bendtner replaced Song and joined Adebayor up front in a more conventional 4-4-2.
However the better chances were now coming from Kyiv. Gael Clichy’s last-ditch challenge denied Eremenko when he seemed set to go clear. Then Toure robbed Taras Mikhalik but the ball ran loose for Bangoura to hammer a drive into the sidenetting.

As the minutes ticked by Arsenal wrenched control of the game. They forced a succession of corners but only had Adebayor’s far-post header to show for them.

Wenger also brought on Carlos Vela and Eboue to add some late urgency. To their credit, they kept the pressure on and Kyiv eventually cracked. Gallas’ goal was low on style yet sky high on importance.

And, on the night, it left Arsenal satisfied.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Boss - Why I spoke to the ref after Kyiv game

For a man whose side had just scrambled an 88th-minute equaliser, Arsène Wenger cut an angry figure at full time in Kiev on Wednesday night.

Dynamo Kyiv had taken a controversial lead when referee Luis Medina Cantalejo adjudged Bacary Sagna to have bundled over Ognjen Vukojevic allowing Ismael Bangoura to score from the penalty spot.

William Gallas then stepped in with his late equaliser, but having got the goal, Wenger was looking for a winner. Therefore he was naturally frustrated when the referee appeared to blow for full time ahead of schedule. In his post-match press conference, the Arsenal manager explained why he spoke to the official after the game.

[Linked Image]

"I wanted to understand how we were going to play three minutes of injury time, and then only had one minute," said the Frenchman.

“Every referee looks to have a different computer to calculate the injury time. I still do not know and really understand how it works.

"It looks like [it happens] through inspiration of the referee and he could not explain it. He just said it was enough."

It was doubly frustrating for Wenger as his side had the opportunities to kill the Group G tie in the first half but failed to take them. Dynamo scored and might have got a second but the Gallas goal shifted the balance of the tie and the manager was sensing victory.

"When we got to 1-1, there was no game any more,” he said. “We were on top, they looked very tired, but the game was finished because of the interruptions for injuries and stoppages.

"You could feel the game was there for the taking, but we had no more opportunity to play."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - Gallas is the man for the moment

Emmanuel Adebayor has praised the captain’s role played by William Gallas at Dynamo Kyiv on Wednesday night.

The Frenchman scrambled home a crucial equaliser two minutes from time to give Arsenal a deserved point in the Ukraine on the opening night of Group G.

[Linked Image]

It is not the first time the 31-year-old has secured an important late strike in Europe this season. Coupled with a defensive record of two goals conceded in seven games, Gallas appears to be a major influence on Arsenal right now.

“At the moment he is playing well and is scoring some goals as well,” said Adebayor after the game. “It is very good for us. He is one of the oldest players in the side and he brings a lot of experience. We all listen to him and we all do whatever he says. He has won a lot of things in his career and he is sharing this with the young players in the squad.

“Tonight was the type of moment when we needed an experienced player like William Gallas. He has the character and personality. He knows how to handle the big games and got the goal at the end. That was good for the team.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Injured French trio will not return at Bolton

Bolton Wanderers v Arsenal

Barclays Premier League

Saturday, September 20, 2008, 17:30

Arsenal's injured trio of Frenchman will NOT be fit to return against Bolton this weekend.

Samir Nasri picked up a knee injury on international duty earlier this month while Abou Diaby (thigh) has not featured since the Emirates Cup. Mikael Silvestre (muscular problem) has yet to make his Arsenal debut and all three players will have to wait a little longer for first-team action.

[Linked Image]

On a brighter note, Arsène Wenger reported no new injuries when he spoke to Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon.

"The good news from last night is that nobody has come back with any knock or severe injury," said Wenger. "We have no injuries from last night and we have no-one coming back as well, so the group will be stable.

"For Diaby, I would say two more weeks [until he is fit], Silvestre and Nasri should be available for Hull [at Emirates Stadium on September 27]."

Arsenal's visit to the Reebok Stadium will be their third away trip in eight days after the 4-0 win at Blackburn and the 1-1 draw at Dynamo Kyiv. Wenger is likely to give some of his players a breather.

"There will be a little bit of rotation of course, because it was a very physical game and we had to give absolutely everything. But I cannot tell you yet how it will work," he said.

Subscribers can see the full interview with Wenger on Arsenal TV Online from Friday morning. The manager discusses: his mixed feelings over Kyiv, why he changed his formation, Brazilian midfielder Mineiro, that incredible comeback at Bolton last season, why Gary Megson deserves credit, the departures of Anelka and Diouf, the chance to open up a lead on Manchester United and the Club’s financial state.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Bolton Wanderers 1-3 Arsenal

Barclays Premier League, Reebok Stadium

Saturday, September 20, 2008, 17:30

Arsenal are top of the Premier League after coming from behind to beat Bolton 3-1 at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday.

Kevin Davies powered home a header after 14 minutes to put the hosts in front. But Arsenal responded by whipping up a tornado before the half-hour. They hit both posts almost immediately and then created another couple of clear chances.

Only after those gilt-edged opportunities did the visitors score twice in two minutes. Eboue fired home the opener, his first Premier League goal, in the 26th minute. Almost immediately a sweeping move ended with Nicklas Bendtner stabbing in a low cross from Denilson.

[Linked Image]

Manuel Almunia made a stunning save from Kevin Nolan just before the break and Bolton piled on the pressure in the second half. However Arsenal were organised and resilient. The keeper was always involved but, as the game went on, rarely overworked.

The visitors ended the argument three minutes from time when Denilson stroked home a low cross from Emmanuel Adebayor.

Of course, Arsenal may be top for less than 24 hours. Chelsea can overtake them on Sunday if they beat Manchester United.

However this was a horrible-looking week for Wenger's men. And the Frenchman will be pretty happy with two Premier League wins and point away in the Champions League.

Before kick-off, the manager made two changes from the side that drew at Kyiv on Wednesday. Eboue replaced Theo Walcott and Bendtner came in for Robin van Persie. There was also a switch of formation. The European 4-5-1 was ditched for the usual domestic 4-4-2 with Eboue on the left and Denilson on the right.

The Reebok Stadium was bathed in late summer sunshine this afternoon. After Liverpool's draw with Stoke, it seemed the perfect setting for Arsenal to go top of the table.

Bolton may not be quite the force they were under Sam Allardyce but they still present a particularly robust challenge at home. They started this afternoon's game with all the passion of old.

After a couple of minutes Nolan tried his luck from distance and Almunia had to stretch back and tip the ball over the bar. Bolton were lively but Arsenal responded well, forcing a number of corners.

However the closest they came to taking the lead was when Adebayor drove into the area only to be denied by an excellent sliding tackle from Andy O'Brien.

Bolton's up-and-unders were troubling the Arsenal defence. The tactic maybe scrappy but it is effective - and it won the corner from which they took the lead in the 14th minute.

Joey O'Brien swung the dead-ball over from the left and Davies rose above Kolo Toure to power a header in the far corner of the net. It was reminiscent of any number of goals Arsenal had conceded here in the last decade.

The visitors were now up against it. On the balance they did not deserve to be trailing but they were in no position to bemoan their luck. They just had to haul their travel-weary bodies back into the game.

And that they did.

In the 13 minutes that followed, Arsenal had six excellent opportunities to equalise. They took the final two.

First, Cesc Fabregas chipped a cross to the far post, Bendtner cleverly chested the ball down for Toure in space just outside the area. The Ivorian rather slashed at the opportunity and it flew a few feet wide.

Then Adebayor went clear and held off his marker to go one-on-one with Jussi Jaaskelainen to beat. His shot went past the keeper but bounced off the inside of the upright.

Bendtner then had a goal-bound shot blocked by Danny Shittu at close range and, following that, Song nodded against a post from a corner. It was breathless and luckless stuff.

But the goal had to come and it did. Fabregas and Bendtner combined for Eboue to escape on the left of the area. There was a suggestion of offside but the Ivorian was allowed to run on. He finished with a sweet low shot to the near post.

Arsenal had their tails up and that is dangerous for any side in the world. A minute later, another slick move saw Denilson go clear on the left flank. He sent over a low cross that was perfect for Bendtner to convert at the near post.

It has been an incredible turnaround.

Not surprisingly, the game fell into a lull after that. Eboue may have extended Arsenal's lead but, after cutting inside, his shot was deflected wide.

Arsenal seemed relatively comfortable but three minutes from half-time Bolton nearly got on level terms.

Toure robbed Ricardo Gardener cleanly as the midfielder went through on Almunia. The home side retained possession and eventually Joey O'Brien laid the ball back for Nolan 12 yards out. The Bolton captain's shot was powerful and directed towards the top corner. Almunia pulled off a wonderful save.

The half ended on a low note for the visitors. In injury time, Davies went in heavily on Gael Clichy just in front of the bench. The striker was booked and the left back hobbled to the sidelines.

He did not come out for the second half. Djourou came on as a replacement at right-back with Sagna switching across to the opposite flank to cover his injured compatriot.

In the opening seconds, Arsenal nearly made the game safe when Song unleashed a swerving cross shot towards the far corner. Jaaskelainen had to be at his best to turn the ball aside.

However Bolton were still battling and a couple of minutes later Almunia did well to stop Gardner's effort.

Just before the hour the Jamaican fizzed a low shot across the face of the area. Just after it, Almunia kicked away an inquisitive low cross from Gretar Steinsson. The home side were piling on the pressure.

Adebayor steered a header wide from Djourou's cross but mostly Arsenal were on the back foot.

Still as the game went on Bolton could not keep the same intensity. They had chances in the final stages when Steinsson headed over from close range and substitute Ricardo Vaz Te trickled a shot at Almunia when he should have done better.

Four minutes from time, Arsenal finally killed the game.

Walcott drove through the middle, Adebayor crossed from the right and Denilson swept home from close range. The Brazilian celebrated with a samba.

Walcott might have added a fourth soon afterwards and Arsenal's travelling hoards were in fine voice at the end.

Their team had done them proud.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Clichy given all-clear after Bolton injury

Gael Clichy suffered only bruising to his shin during the game at Bolton on Saturday.

The left back went off just before half time feeling the effects of a challenge by Kevin Davies. He went to hospital for a scan but they found no fracture.

As a result, Gael was able to join up the rest of the Arsenal squad for the journey home.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'A convincing, united and classy performance'

On the performance...
"It was a convincing, united and classy performance. We were strong everywhere a team can be strong that means physically and technically. Even in the second half when we needed to defend we showed the resilient aspects of our game. That makes me think we are maturing very quickly. I believe that the attitude of this team is right."

On resting players...
"You cannot play 60 games with 11 players. You have to anticipate before some of the players are overused. Especially up front when every second, every tenth of a second, is important. You have to provoke up front. Today I rested Walcott and Robin van Persie. This win proves we have good players coming through underneath. We have Nasri, Silvestre, Rosicky and Eduardo too. So there is a lot of quality at home."

On Kevin Davies tackle on Gael Clichy...
"You will smile but I did not really see the impact of the challenge. Gael was in front of me but I watched the ball as it went back to William Gallas. There was 30 seconds to go I said to Gael let’s keep the ball. I need to see it on the video again. It was a shin injury. That proves that the tackle was quite high. Was it an accident? Only Davies can answer that."

On combating the physical game...
"We accept the physical challenge and I think we responded to it well. For me kicking someone is not physical. It is out of the rules. I have to see what he did again on video again but we have no problem with the physical challenge. It is part of the charm of the game."

On the FA taking action on mistimed challenges...
"The speed of the game is so high that referees can miss the real intention of the players. There should be resource for the FA to act on mistimed tackles. But I am cautious on this one because I did not see. It can happen accidentally as well."

On Denilson...
"He was very good. The whole midfield functioned very well. There was strength and security coming out of the whole team. That is what I liked, we were not panicking when we were 1-0 down but responding in a strong way. For such a young team we have a very strong desire not to accept defeat."

On Alex Ferguson saying he'd like Arsenal to win the title...
"We take it with a lot of respect. But we are not naive. It will be interesting this year like it was last year. I will watch the Chelsea v Man United game with a lot of curiosity. Chelsea had a good start, Man United had a difficult start like last year. But you know they will wake up and most of the time they’ll wake up in a big game. This is a big game."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We are stronger than people think

It would be very wrong to call Arsenal ‘surprise' Premier League leaders but, after their summer spending, many expected title favourites Chelsea and Manchester United to make the early headway.

Ironically it was a draw between the latter two teams on Sunday that allowed Arsène Wenger’s side to stay in top spot.

They had gone there on Saturday evening with an emphatic, dramatic 3-1win at Bolton. Afterwards the Arsenal manager was happy to be raising the odd eyebrow.

“When you are not on the transfer market you are a little bit ignored at the start of the season because the attention is focused on the big signings,” said Wenger. “Most of the time, big signings mean you are favourites.

“We have gone a different way. We are trying to build a young side with a cohesive way to play the game with a culture of football we like.

“We were close last year so there is no reason why we should not be in there again this season.

“Today we had Denilson 20, Fabregas 21, Bendtner 20, Walcott 19, Song 20. When those players fight for the title one year you can hope they will be better the next year.

“We are more robust than people think we are.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure- We need Emirates form away from home

Kolo Toure believes away form will be crucial to Arsenal’s title challenge this season.

The centre back was talking after Arsène Wenger’s side rattled up their second successive Premier League win on the road with a 3-1 triumph at Bolton on Saturday.

Last season, Arsenal made 83 points. A healthy 47 came at Emirates Stadium with the remaining 36 taken on away trips. The latter figure included their only three defeats of the domestic campaign.

[Linked Image]

It was the second best away record in the top flight. But for Toure, there is room for improvement.

“We know every time we come away from home we need to do well,” he said. “We lost a lot of points last season and we knew we had to work on it.

"We just have to play as well as we do at Emirates Stadium. There we are on top but sometimes when we go away we just don’t start well. We have been working on it and we hope to keep going.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Johan Djourou signs new long-term contract

Arsenal can today confirm that Swiss defender Johan Djourou has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

Djourou (21) joined the Gunners in summer 2003 from Swiss side Etoile Carouge and went on to make his first team debut the following season. Since then, Johan has made 51 first team appearances, including a total of 30 in the 2006/07 season.

[Linked Image]

Johan spent the first half of the 2007/08 season on loan in the Premier League with Birmingham City. After returning to Arsenal in December, Johan’s season was interrupted by injury, but he did return to action to make two appearances towards the end of the season.

Born in the Ivory Coast but raised in Geneva, Johan has established himself as an important member of Switzerland’s national squad, being one of the youngest players to participate in the 2006 World Cup and also being a member the Switzerland’s Euro 2008 squad.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Johan continued success with his career at the Club.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger to name Arsenal's youngest ever side

Arsène Wenger may name the youngest first-team side in Arsenal’s history for the Carling Cup tie against Sheffield United on Tuesday.

It is now normal for the Frenchman to send out youngsters in this competition however, against the Blades, Alex Song (21), Nicklas Bendtner (20), Johan Djourou (21) and Lukasz Fabianski (23) are likely to be the ‘old heads’.

[Linked Image]

Wenger intends the field to include a raft of 17, 18 and 19-year-olds. Rising star Jack Wilshere, age 16 years 266 days, is likely to start his first competitive game for the Club. But he may not be the youngest Arsenal player on show. Speaking to Arsenal TV Online on Monday, Wenger suggested he may include first-year scholar Emmanuel Frimpong. He is a full nine days younger than Wilshere.

“There is a possibility [it will be the youngest side ever],” said Wenger. “In the first team there are many players around 20. In the Carling Cup we will keep a few in there but the side will be more between 16 and 19. At Arsenal you can say 20 and 21-year-olds are the experienced players.

“You are likely to see Gavin Hoyte, Abu Ogogu, Aaron Ramsey, Mark Randall, Jack Wilshere, Fran Merida and Carlos Vela. Maybe Bendtner will play. Song, Djourou and Lukasz Fabianski will be the experienced players. But you will have players like Emmanuel Frimpong and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas so it will be a very young side.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger – Clichy could be OK for Hull City

Gael Clichy may be back for the home game with Hull City at the weekend.

The left back limped off just before half-time at Bolton on Saturday after a heavy challenge from Kevin Davies. Arsène Wenger was concerned the Frenchman had broken his leg and, during the second half of the game, he was sent to hospital for tests.

They revealed only bad bruising to his shin. As a result Clichy will miss practising with his team-mates this week but he may be able to re-join them at the weekend.

“The injury will keep him out of training for the whole week but we hope he could play on Saturday against Hull,” Arsène Wenger told TV Online on Monday.

“It’s bruising on his shin. It’s the kind of injury where if it’s broken it can keep him out for months or it’s only bruising then it’s only days.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Randall: Young Wilshere can be my inspiration

As a young Englishman in the Arsenal set-up, Mark Randall feels inspired by Jack Wilshere’s record-breaking appearance at Ewood Park.

[Linked Image]

Randall, 19 on Sunday, featured in the Quarter- and Semi-Finals of the Carling Cup last season and he is hoping to get the nod for the Third Round tie against Sheffield United on Wednesday.

The match represents a genuine opportunity for some of Arsenal’s young charges to make the step-up to the first team and the midfielder thinks that Jack Wilshere’s senior involvement bodes well for all the English players at the Club.

“Jack playing against Blackburn just proves that the boss will play young English players if they’re good enough,” said Randall. “Everyone talks about the number of foreigners in our team but that means nothing. If you’re good enough you’ll play, English or not.

“This is a big season for me because I’m older now. I need to get as many games as possible under my belt, in the first team especially, just to make me stronger and a better player.

“There is a buzz about it [the Carling Cup]. But at the end of the day we’re all professional, we’ve still got to work, we have to do exactly the same in any game that we play and we have to give 100 per cent in training every day.

“In a way there is [one eye on the Sheffield United tie], because it’s a big game for us. But you’ve just got to keep focused and keep working hard.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Vela is so cool it makes me smile

A broad grin breaks out across Arsène Wenger’s face whenever he is asked about Carlos Vela.

The 19-year-old Mexican striker will get his first competitive start for Arsenal in the Carling Cup Third Round tie with Sheffield United at Emirates Stadium this evening. With two seasons in the Spanish League and seven international caps (four goals) under his belt, Vela is hardly a raw rookie.

[Linked Image]

In fact, although Arsenal have ample attacking options, the Cancun-born prodigy may be pushing for a first-team place before the end of the season. No wonder Wenger is so happy.

“I feel that this guy can not only play but he can score as well,” said the Frenchman. “And you know that we love strikers who can do both.

“He can give a final ball and he can finish very well. He’s so calm in front of goal and that always gives you a smile. He’s never in any stress.

“Carlos can play central and wide as well. He’s an Eduardo basically. He is left-footed with intelligent moves and a good finisher.

“I worked very hard to get him and when he [comes] on he always does very well. He will have certainly a full game tonight.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Gibbs could become a great left back

Kieran Gibbs’ days as a midfielder look numbered as Arsène Wenger lines him up as Gael Clichy’s left-back understudy.

The youngster made his first Arsenal start against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane last October and he could make his second against the same opponents on Wednesday night.

[Linked Image]

The 18-year-old was a member of the Wimbledon academy which was disbanded when the club relocated to Milton Keynes four years ago. Gibbs joined Arsenal in 2006 predominantly as a left-winger but has featured in defence since he returned from last season’s loan spell at Norwich. Now, with doubts over the fitness of Clichy (shin) and Mikael Silvestre (muscular problem), Gibbs could be in contention for a place in Arsenal’s back four against Hull on Saturday.

“I play him now at left back because I feel he can be very good there,” said Wenger. “He has a tremendous engine, good technique and he’s a very reliable boy.

“Yes [he is back up for Clichy] although it is a new position for him so we need to give him some experience. At the moment we have Silvestre in there until he is ready.

“I am convinced that with the way we play football he can be a great left back.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Lansbury is ready to make up for lost time

If Henri Lansbury lines up against Sheffield United this evening, it will end a long wait for the talented teenager.

The 17-year-old is one of the most highly-rated products of Arsenal's youth system and made his debut against tonight's opponents during last season's Carling Cup run. However Lansbury's career was temporarily put on hold when he contracted an illness.

The England Under-19 captain had to watch from the sidelines as his peers advanced to the Semi-Finals of last season's competition but the stylish midfielder is back in action and ready to make up for lost time.

[Linked Image]

"The illness knocked me out for about six months," he told Arsenal.com.

"When I first had it I couldn't get out of bed. I had no energy. It just kills you. I had to make sure I was completely fit before I played again. Now I have to keep getting stronger, keep working on my football and come back flying.

"It was frustrating to be on the sidelines and I had to pick myself up, but now I have to keep working. My target is to push to the first team now. I need to keep working, keep getting better and keep knocking on the door of Arsène Wenger."

A strong performance at Emirates Stadium tonight will certainly give the Frenchman food for thought. And if Lansbury can break into the first-team on a regular basis, what can the Arsenal supporters expect from him?

"I am an attacking midfielder and I prefer to play in the centre but I am playing on the right until I get a bit bigger," he explained. "Then hopefully I can push into the centre. I like to model myself a bit on Steven Gerrard, he's a great player."

If he achieves those lofty targets, Lansbury will be worth the wait.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger names 18-man squad for Carling Cup

Arsène Wenger has named 13 teenagers in his 18-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup tie against Sheffield United at Emirates Stadium.

A semblance of first-team experience is offered by Alex Song (21), Nicklas Bendtner (20), Johan Djourou (21) and Lukasz Fabianski (23) but, essentially, the Frenchman will field a youth team against the Blades.

Rising star Jack Wilshere, age 16 years 267 days, could start his first competitive game for the Club. But he is not the youngest Arsenal player in the squad. First-year scholar Emmanuel Frimpong has that distinction - he is nine days younger than Wilshere.

12. Carlos VELA (Age 19)
16. Aaron RAMSEY (Age 17)
17. Alex SONG (Age 21)
19. Jack WILSHERE (Age 16)
20. Johan DJOUROU (Age 21)
21. Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 23)
24. Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 20)
26. Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 20)
35. Francis COQUELIN (Age 17)
38. Jay EMMANUEL-THOMAS (Age 17)
40. Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)
41. Gavin HOYTE (Age 18)
42. Henri LANSBURY (Age 17)
43. Fran MERIDA (Age 18)
46. Abu OGOGO (Age 18)
47. Mark RANDALL (Age 18)
50. Jay SIMPSON (Age 19)
56. Emmanuel FRIMPONG (Age 16)

Seite 16 von 41 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
Gewinnspiele
UMFRAGE EM-Torschützen Cup
von grottenoli - 23/04/2024 20:36
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von pik7 - 22/04/2024 09:38
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 05/04/2024 20:19
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
17 members (Bambi, BjoernT4Y, AllesSuper, doogie, grottenoli, Hackentrick, caro, Bamm Bamm, kafi112, Flip160), 1,789 Gäste, und 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 98
pik7 63
toubi 44
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,443
Beiträge121,435
Mitglieder3,865
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM