bet365
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Winamax Bonus Aktionen
von BjoernT4Y - 18/03/2024 16:48
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 17 von 41 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: Subs rule has helped Carling Cup kids

Arsène Wenger believes that the new rule for Premier League substitutes will help Arsenal's Carling Cup kids tonight.

Before this season clubs could name five replacements for top-flight fixtures but that allocation was increased to seven before the start of the new campaign. The rule change has allowed Wenger to draft in the likes of Jack Wilshere, Mark Randall and Kieran Gibbs for Premier League games.

All three are in contention to start tonight's Third-Round tie against Sheffield United and Wenger believes that their recent exposure to the first-team scene will help his young Gunners when they walk out at Emirates Stadium.

[Linked Image]

"The increase in substitutions is an advantage because they start to taste and to smell the importance of the games and the pressure in the dressing rooms," said Wenger. "They see how the experienced players handle it.

"If the manager rotates the subs he must be careful not to make professional subs. They do not sit there every week and do not practice anymore and that’s why it's important not to always take the same players."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 6-0 Sheff Utd

Carling Cup, Emirates Stadium

Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 19:45

* Bendtner 31, 42,
* Vela 44, 49, 86,
* Wilshere 57

Those who thought Arsenal's squad lacked depth might want to think again.

Arsène Wenger's assortment of fringe players and teenage prospects swept aside Sheffield United to kick off their latest Carling Cup adventure in style on Tuesday night. Nicklas Bendtner broke the deadlock on the half-hour with a curling shot and added a second three minutes before the break. Carlos Vela produced two brilliant finishes either side of the interval to put the tie beyond the Blades' reach and the Mexican completed a stunning hat-trick after Jack Wilshere had got in on the act.

The scoreline was emphatic and it by no means flattered Arsenal. Those who make it into Wenger's Carling Cup side are sometimes mistaken for understudies or deputies but, make no mistake, some have the potential to be leading lights at Emirates Stadium for a long time to come.

[Linked Image]

Bendtner, Gael Clichy, Eduardo, Alex Song, Emmanuel Eboue, Cesc Fabregas and Theo Walcott have all cut their teeth in the Carling Cup. The competition could easily be a launchpad for Vela, Wilshere and company as well. On this evidence, few would bet against Arsenal making it five Semi-Final appearances in six years.

Wenger's trademark approach to the Carling Cup is to blood youngsters and the Frenchman set a new benchmark tonight. He named 13 teenagers in his 18-man squad and seven of those made it into his starting line-up.

Wilshere, at 16, was the youngest on show, alongside fellow teens Aaron Ramsey, Vela, Kieran Gibbs, Gavin Hoyte, Fran Merida and Mark Randall. Goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski was the 'old man' of the side at 23 while Johan Djourou, Alex Song and Bendtner offered a semblance of first-team experience. Nonetheless, with an average age of 19, this was still the youngest ever side to represent Arsenal.

Last season Wenger's fledglings gave United a footballing lesson at Bramall Lane and the Blades started this game as if on a revenge mission. They didn't exactly impose themselves on the tie but, at first, the visitors made life uncomfortable for their young hosts. With Gary Speed orchestrating a five-man midfield, the Blades denied Arsenal space to express themselves in the early stages. As a result the home side enjoyed a territorial advantage, and the likes of Ramsey, Merida, Wilshere and Vela enjoyed some neat touches, but clear-cut chances were few and far between.

Gibbs had the first opportunity to force the Blades on the back foot but his low cross after seven minutes had too much pace and too little direction for Bendtner to convert. Five minutes later Paddy Kenny misjudged a left-wing corner and tipped the ball onto Djourou's head. The ball arrived too fast for the Swiss to direct his effort on goal.

Djourou went much closer to his first Arsenal goal after 25 minutes after kick-starting a forward move and staying up for its denouement. The ball reached the 21-year-old just inside the box he steadied himself before clipping a shot towards the far corner. Kenny dived full length to tip the ball past the post.

The visitors struggled to make inroads of their own but when they did push on Stephen Quinn and Danny Webber were at the heart of their better moments. Webber was a livewire early on and wriggled past three challenges before scuffing his shot when well-placed.

At the other end Vela looked as likely as anyone to break deadlock and one nutmeg from the Mexican had the crowd raving. In the event, Vela was the provider as Bendtner opened the scoring. Merida got Arsenal moving through the centre and Vela turned smartly away from his marker before feeding his Danish strike partner. Bendtner advanced and stroked a low effort past Matthew Kilgallon and beyond the reach of Kenny from just outside the box. It was a confidently-taken goal from a man in form.

It was the excuse Arsenal's youngsters needed to relax and express themselves. Within minutes Wilshere had a shout for a penalty after linking up brilliantly with Ramsey and Bendtner. Chris Morgan was given the benefit of the doubt after his rash sliding tackle appeared to miss both ball and man.

But Arsenal didn't have to wait long to effectively put the tie out of sight. Ramsey was the architect of their second goal, forcing the Blades defence back with a marauding run through the left channel. The young Welshman was eventually ushered away from goal but wrongfooted everybody with an outrageous backheel. Even Bendtner looked surprised but, with Kilgallon keeping him onside, the Dane calmly dispatched his second past Kenny.

After holding their own for half-an-hour, United were shellshocked. Vela took advantage, timing his run to perfection to latch onto Bendtner's clipped pass down the right before accelerating towards goal and curling the ball past Kenny's outstretched hand. It was a classy finish from a class act - and there was more to come.

From wondering whether this Arsenal side was just a tad too inexperienced, the home fans were left to speculate on how many they would score. The supporters would have two more goals to cheer before the hour mark. Gibbs had already tested Kenny early in the second half before the left-back lofted a pass down the left flank. Vela controlled it on the turn with his shoulder, taking Morgan completely out of the game, and raced in on goal before lifting an audacious effort over the Blades keeper.

United were in disarray and they conceded a fifth eight minutes later. A short corner found Wilshere unmarked just outside the right-hand corner of the box and he fizzed a low shot past Kenny at his near post. If Fabregas hadn't been such a prodigious young talent, Wilshere would now be Arsenal's youngest goalscorer.

There was no let-up for Kevin Blackwell's beleaguered side. Gibbs headed Merida's corner just over the crossbar and Bendtner should have completed his hat-trick after 65 minutes, rolling the ball past Kenny but wide of the post after Merida's pass had dissected the Blades defence.

Wenger made a triple change with 20 minutes left to drag the average age of his team down even further and give debuts to Jay Simpson and Francis Coquelin. The third substitute, Henri Lansbury, forced a smart save from Kenny after Coquelin had jinked past two defenders on the edge of the box.

The sixth would eventually arrive though. Ramsey picked out Vela in the left channel and the Mexican produced another stunning finish to complete his hat-trick. No wonder Wenger looked as proud as punch on the touchline. For him, the youngsters and the rest of us, the Fourth Round can't come quick enough.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'We looked like the complete team tonight'

On the performance...

"I believe that the team played football the way we want to play. We showed a good mixture of individual talent, maturity and collective spirirt. The team remained focused on the kind of football we wanted to play and respected that, it was very pleasing.

"I believe every one in his position has done very well. From goalkeeper [Lukasz] Fabianski up to [Nicklas] Bendtner and Carlos Vela of course upfront they were great. You know already Bendtner and you discovered maybe a bit more about Vela. He is a clinical finisher. I am pleased aswell with our midfield and our defence was serious and stayed strong- we looked like the complete team and I’m very happy and proud of that.

"I’m not as surprised as you because I see them every day but you never know how they’ll respond on the big stage. They just went out there are played with the belief we want them to have and with the spirit we want them to have. "

On Jack Wilshere...

"He was 15 [when he first impressed] he’s 16 and last year a few times I integrated him in our [first team] training sessions. He didn’t look atall out of place. Straight away football was natural for him.

"He is a quiet boy, very determined, very focused. The talent is there you have seen that again tonight. It is always difficult when you are the manager of a boy with talent like that you are always a little bit cautious to put too much prssure on him and too high a level of expectation. I believe it is all in there and that I have the responsiibilties to nurture him and to get him at the right moment and the right development in the next two or three years. 16 to 19 is very important age for the development of a football palyer. At the moment he has skipped a few classes.

"People tell me his a little bit like Liam Brady because of he has good balance and change of direction. I dont know well enough Liam.

"I believe later [in his career] he will be a central midfielder or behind the strikers."

On his Carling Cup policy...

"We want to win the trophy with this team. [I won’t change the team] Totenham or not Totenham or anybody else. I believe the only pressure you have is when you go through the rounds and get to the semi-final. Suddenly everybody is starting to say OK, and now you have to change all the players.

"You let them play how they played tonight and suddenly you say 'sorry you don’t play anymore'. For me that is not serious, no matter how far we go we have to stick to our policy."

"We can of course go all the way and we can win it as well. why not? These players do not play like kids, they play like people with intelligence, with talent and with spirirt so I don’t know."

On Carlos Vela...

"I think he’s a player who has everything in his locker of a good striker. He's agile, good first touch, very calm infront of goal, clinical and quick finisher and I just think he’s top class."

On the result reflecting the gul between the Premier League and the Championship...

"I don’t know, it’s a one off. it's very difficult to judge but this team we played tonight can beat many teams.

"I wouldn’t be scared to play any individual of this 11 in the Premier League, altogether I don’t know but all the individual players who played tonight have the talent, for example Kieran Gibbs. He is a very young left-back. He played left midfield [in the past] but also Mark Randalll did well, [Aaron] Ramsey did well, they all did well. It’s difficult to say that any of these players cant play in the PL."

On Having his best ever crop of kids...

"Yes [these is the best crop of kids] Yes. Because there is not one - henri Lansbury didn’t start the game because he’s been injured- but there's not one player who has not the real quality of the Premier League in any position."

On the biggest challenge the club faces with so much talent in the ranks...

"The biggest challenge is for the club to keep them all together and slowly integrate them into the first team. Many of them already play there; the Djourou, the Song, the Bendtner, Fabianski play already, Carlos Vela too.

"I think that’s why when you're under immense pressure to buy in every transfer window when you know you have these players behind already, [it] nearly kills you, the work we have done."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger – We’re proud of our Bolton pep-talk

Arsène Wenger reacted with a mixture of defiance and disappointment after notes of his pre-match briefing ahead of the Bolton game appeared in a national newspaper on Monday.

The piece of paper seemed to be a mental pep-talk and the media suggested it was delivered by a psychologist. However, speaking after the 6-0 win over Sheffield United, Wenger put the record straight.

“That is not true,” he said. “This meeting was done by me and only by me.

“What came out of the meeting is what we have done many times. We want to be humble and play for each other.

“What I regret is when you leave a sheet in a five-star hotel you find it in a newspaper the next day. That means you cannot trust anybody. Someone finds a sheet that has ‘confidential’ written on it they give it to the newspapers. People wouldn’t rather give it back to the team or throw it away.

“You cannot accept this type of behaviour because if you leave £20 in your room you will not find it again as well. It’s the same.

“But I must stress that we have nothing to hide. Every team wants to behave almost the same and we are proud of the qualities on that sheet.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Bendtner - Vela has been well worth the wait

As far as Nicklas Bendtner is concerned, Carlos Vela has been well worth the wait.

The Danish striker's double set up Arsenal's sparkling victory against Sheffield United on Tuesday night but Bendtner was ultimately upstaged by Vela as the 19-year-old marked his full debut with a stunning hat-trick.

Bendtner was on loan at Birmingham when Vela signed for Arsenal in January 2007 but had to wait 18 months to meet the Mexican because the teenager continued his development in Spain until his work permit was issued. Now, after their belated introduction, Bendtner and Vela are clicking on the pitch.

[Linked Image]

"He is a good striker," said Bendtner. "I remember he came here when he was 16 and then we didn't see him for nearly two years. But he showed good things when he came here on trial and since he came here for the start of the season he has been doing really well.

"He works really hard and is a really good finisher as we saw last night. I think we combined really well. All through pre-season we have been playing together and I think he can be a really, really good player."

"He has had to be patient but everything is through now and he is here and we are delighted to have him."

With Emmanuel Adebayor, Robin van Persie, Eduardo and now Vela on the books at Emirates Stadium, Bendtner faces even stiffer competition for a first-team place. But he is a man on the up with four goals in four games and relishes the challenge ahead.

"For myself, I try to push on as much as possible and try to get into the squad more regularly," said Bendtner. "Scoring two goals today can hopefully help with that.

"We have good strikers here but as I said I am trying to do what I can do. If I keep playing well, it's going to be hard for the boss to pick the team and that's what I want to make him do. I want him to consider when he picks the team who to play."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Defensive record has gone unnoticed

Arsenal have yet to concede a goal from open play this season.

In nine games, or 810 minutes of competitive action they have only let in two strikes turned in directly from corners (at Fulham and Bolton) plus the penalty at Kyiv.

As yet, Arsenal’s defence has yet to be breached via a move.

“We have defended very well,” Arsène Wenger told Arsenal.com. “It has not been noticed yet but we’ve only conceded those two goals from two corners. In open play we are quite solid. That, for me, is a good response and a good explanation for the team attitude in the squad.”

Last season, Arsenal conceded 31 goals – the highest number of the top four and nine more than champions Manchester United. It was cited by Wenger as a big contributing factor to his side’s failure to hang on to their Premier League lead in the latter stages. But, Wenger being Wenger, his attacking principles will be not compromised to keep his new-found record going.

“What makes me happy at the moment is that we have a good combination of defensive balance and offensive efficiency,” said the Frenchman. “Sometimes when you work on defending better you lose a number of goals.

“But at the moment we are combining the two and it means when everyone puts the effort in we still can be very dangerous going forward.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Clichy fit for Hull, Silvestre also available

Gael Clichy should be fit to return to the Arsenal side for the visit of Hull City on Saturday. bluebang

The French full back went to hospital last weekend during the second half of the 3-1 win at Bolton. It followed a heavy challenge by Kevin Davies just before the break.

Fortunately tests revealed only bruising to his shin. He has missed training all week but returned on Thursday. Straight afterwards, Arsène Wenger spoke to Arsenal TV Online.

“I am really pleased that Gael is available,” said the manager. “He had a training session today for the first time and he should develop well in the next 48 hours.”

Another French defender, Mikael Silvestre, will also be available for the first time following his move from Manchester United.

Despite the success of his 'Carling Cup kids’, Wenger will return to his established squad on Saturday. Alex Song is the only doubt.

“Alex has a fitness test tomorrow,” said the manager. “He had a kick on his hip [in midweek] and it is very tender.

“However Mikael Silvestre is available and we did not have any injuries from last week [against Bolton]. The likes of Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott have recovered fully so everyone is available.”

[Linked Image]

Arsenal TV Online subscribers can see the full interview on Friday morning. In it, he talks about: the Carling Cup performance, Jack Wilshere’s display, what he can learn from Theo Walcott, Vela becoming Arsenal’s fifth international striker, the background of the youth set-up, the psychology of being top in the Premier League, the start Hull have made and the foundations they have put down.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Bendtner - There's much more to come from me

Last season Nicklas Bendtner was finding his way in first-team football. Now the Danish striker is becoming part of the furniture at Emirates Stadium.

The 20-year-old made 40 appearances last term but the majority of those came as a substitute. This season Bendtner has featured in seven of Arsenal's nine games and, significantly, he has started more often than not.

Add to that a run of four goals in four games - the Dane is almost halfway towards last season's tally already - and it's easy to see why Bendtner feels that his Arsenal career is on a steady upward curve.

"It's true, the first season is an establishing season where you have to get used to everything," he told Arsenal.com. "Whereas in this season I want to push on, to play more regularly and show people what I really can do, because so far what people have seen is far from everything.

[Linked Image]

"I don't feel any extra pressure when I come into the team because, when you play for a club like Arsenal, there will always be pressure on you. To be quite honest I've always had pressure on me so it doesn’t really matter to me. I'll take the pressure and still play the way I play.

"We have five top strikers, all very different as well, but I think it’s a good mixture. You know that if you don’t do well for a few games then you’ll have someone breathing down your neck or maybe ready to take your spot because that’s the way it is at a big club. Arsenal is no exception."

Bendtner is still very young in football terms but he found himself in alien territory on Tuesday night as one of the 'elder statesmen' of Arsenal's Carling Cup side. The Dane was one of just five non-teenagers in Arsène Wenger's squad and led the way with the first two goals in a scintillating 6-0 victory.

Bendtner enjoyed himself against Sheffield United and no wonder. As far as the 20-year-old is concerned, there is no better place for a young footballer to be than Emirates Stadium.

"It was strange for me because I was the fourth oldest player and I've never tried that before," he said.

"It was good, I don’t really mind, I've played with those players before and I know them very well so it was OK for me. We played really well and it was good.

"We all get taught the same style of football from a young age at Arsenal and I think that's great. All through the ranks the coaching and everything is fantastic, the way they work with the players and the way they treat them.

"It's not just the first team, but all through the youth ranks it's amazing, I think for every young player it is a treat to come here."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 1-2 Hull City
doh

Barclays Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Saturday, September 27, 2008, 17:30

Fabregas 49 Geovanni 62, Cousin 66

Arsenal suffered only their second defeat in 60 games at Emirates Stadium when Hull came from behind to record an incredible victory on Saturday evening.

After a slow start, the Premier League leaders dominated the opening half. They had created constant pressure and saw Emmanuel Adebayor’s far-post header ruled out for climbing.

The floodgates appeared to have opened six minutes after the restart when a combination of Cesc Fabregas and Hull defender Paul McShane scuffed the ball over the line after a melee.

The visitors had a mountain to climb but this afternoon Hull seemed to have ropes, oxygen, crampons, tents plus the workload of your average Sherpa troop.

Geovanni got them level just past the hour with a stunning strike from distance. Four minutes later, Daniel Cousin turned in an exquisite header.

Arsenal responded as you might expect. They poured forward and, eight minutes from time, William Gallas planted a header against the bar. Despite close, close, efforts from Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie in injury time, it was as near as they would come to equalising.

At full time, Hull celebrated long and hard. The Emirates atmosphere was in stark contrast to Tuesday when a young Arsenal side had played with freedom and little pressure to record a memorable victory.

This game will stick in the mind for some time too – but for all the wrong reasons.

It was Arsenal’s second defeat of the season and, as a result, they have been knocked off top spot.

Wenger returned to his more established stars for this early evening kick-off. In comparison to last Saturday’s win at Bolton there were two changes.

Theo Walcott and Van Persie replaced Alex Song and Nicklas Bendtner respectively. The ousted duo were joined on the bench by a couple of young heroes from midweek – Carlos Vela and Aaron Ramsey.

This was the first League meeting between these sides for 93 years. Hull may be Premier League new-boys but they were faring much better than some had predicted. A win this afternoon would give them 11 points; a tally equal to the one previous play-off winners Derby County amassed throughout the whole of last season.

England’s late September sunshine has been as enjoyable as Arsenal’s football this season and, once again, Emirates Stadium was a picture for this 5.30pm kick-off. It would be perhaps the last chance for short-sleeve spectating until April.

In keeping with the overall feeling, the home side started like a lazy summer afternoon.

Hull had all the energy you would expect. Geovanni was their brightest attacking spark and George Boateng’s crunching tackle on Denilson demonstrated the fighting desire manager Phil Brown had been talking about in his pre-match press conference. But Arsenal were lacking urgency.

Just before the quarter-hour the game suddenly sparked into life, with Arsène Wenger’s side creating the chances. First Fabregas stroked an effort wide and then Emmanuel Adebayor’s towering far-post header was chalked off as referee Alan Wiley ruled he had climbed on Paul McShane to reach the ball.

However the clearest chance came in the 16th minute when Denilson sent Walcott running on the right. He outpaced Michael Dawson and skipped in front of the Hull defender. However the former Charlton player stuck to his task well and, when Walcott shaped to shoot on the edge of the area, his tackle was well-executed.

However Arsenal now had their tails up. A couple of minutes later Fabregas conjured up some space on the right-hand byline, Gallas helped the ball on and Adebayor’s close-range effort was blocked.

The home side were now in control, only a finish was missing. This was perfectly illustrated midway through the half when an unmarked Walcott failed to control Emmanuel Eboue’s surprise cross when a simple trap and finish was all that was needed.

The pattern continued until the break. Arsenal dominant and pressing, Hull defending yet determined.

Five minutes from the break, Fabregas’ cut-back found the onrushing Walcott but Boateng nipped the ball off his foot at the crucial moment. After that, Eboue fired an angled drive into the sidenetting.

The second half began with Hull creating their best chance of the game. A corner was deflected out to Boateng just outside the area. The Dutchman drove his shot low into the area and it deflected high over the bar with Almunia beaten.

Normal service seemed to be resumed a couple of minutes later when Walcott forced a sprawling half-save from Boaz Myhill.

The goal would come almost immediately and, for once, it was an ugly affair.

Walcott reached the byline, Adebayor helped on his cut-back and Fabregas forced the ball over the line with McShane in close attendance. It was debatable who got the last touch but the Spaniard will surely claim it.

Suddenly Arsenal were rampant again. Van Persie flashed a shot wide and Adebayor pounced on a defensive mistake to send a deflected drive over the bar.

Inbetween those efforts, Dean Marney troubled Almunia momentarily with an overhead kick.

Hull had stuck to their task all afternoon but, having fallen behind, you sensed they would struggle to prise open the Arsenal defence. They had shown little sign of it during the previous hour.

So you can guess what happened next.

In the 61st minute, Geovanni collected the ball just outside the Arsenal area, looked up and then sent an Exocet of an effort arching over Almunia before flying into the top corner. Stunning.

Adebayor nearly provided the perfect reply but his effort flew past the far post.

In fact it would be Hull who replied. In the 66th minute, Cousin saw an effort deflected wide. From the corner, the Gabon international steered a pin-pointed header just inside the far post.

The Hull bench had leapt sky-high when their team equalised. Their efforts when that goal went in were Olympic standard.

Arsenal were rocked but they had time to recover.

Wenger threw on Bendtner immediately and the home side forced a couple of corners. This was going to be the pattern now - Arsenal were going to attack in every area, Hull were going keep with their dogged, organised plan.

Wenger added Vela with 14 minutes left. At this point, the manager would have surely swapped the Mexican’s midweek hat-trick for a single strike today.

Fabregas stung Myhill’s hands from distance but King went clear at the other end only to produce a lame shot from range.

Arsenal’s determination was turning into desperation. However, crucially, they were creating chances.

Van Persie went clear on the right but dragged his shot wide then William Gallas met a corner with a thumping header. The ball smacked down off the bar and was cleared.

As the seconds ticked away, Arsenal got even more urgent – if that were possible.

Keeper Myhill certainly earnt his money. He came and claimed any number of high-balls he also acrobatically turned over a drive from Fabregas.

Toure blazed wide when well-placed and, with almost the last kick of the game, Van Persie skimmed a shot against the top of the bar. But the game was up. Due credit must be given to Hull and to the Arsenal fans who stayed behind to applaud them off the pitch.

That’s because this defeat hurt.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'We gave Hull too much room and were caught'

On the performance...
"I believe we had the chances to win the game as you have seen. I feel the commitment was on Hull's side. They fought for 90 minutes and I believe from the start onwards we were not completely switched on to the level that you need to be to win the game.

"Maybe it is because human beings are not always machines. We thought subconsciously that we will make it, that’s basically it. But after we were 1-0 up and that’s when we were a bit careless. Instead of pushing on and scoring a second goal, we gave too much room to Hull and in the end we were caught.

"We don’t know [if our rivals winning will cost us] but I believe Hull were committed. It’s a good lesson for us because the commitment was on their side. We know from these kind of games that, in the League, when your attitude from the start is not good enough you risk losing the game.

"They played well and they defended especially very well. I think that's where they were dominant and where we were beaten. I think we had 25 crosses today, their keeper and defenders did a great job."

On the consequences of such a defeat...
"You can never afford a defeat. I think we had a good opportunity to still be top the game and we’re not. I believe at the end of the day if you imagine that we had the same level of concentration that Hull had we would’ve won the game because the technical difference was in our favour. They had a little bit extra, that was seen on the corner that they scored.

"I don’t know it's very difficult to say [if they lost due to inexperience]. I believe what is important now is that we responded after Fulham and we must respond this time on Tuesday with a performance that shows our strengths. That’s all you can do. Of course we are all disappointed, the dressing room is very shocked and quiet but its part of mental strength aswell to deal with that. We have to show how united we are on Tuesday night.

"There's nothing to celebrate [his 12 year anniversary of being in charge]. There’s more to prepare for the next one and anyway if we had won there was nothing to celebrate anyway."

On conceding from corners...
"It is a weakness in our team but that’s aswell linked with the level of concentration. You can work for hours on the training ground but if you don’t attack the ball on the day of the game it will cost you. We were caught already the corner before when the guy got infront of Adebayor. I believe that's more down to how much you want the ball."

On bouncing back...
"During the next 48 hours our job will be to repair the damage done mentally and psychologically by the defeat today because that was not an expected one of course. It will be more difficult to deal with because we are used to being dominant at home and what we have done today will be difficult for the players.

"I woudn’t like to go into any individual comment on individual performances today because you can always fault this one or this one. I believe as a unit, as a team we were not at the level where we wanted to be. I believe that’s more collectively and its more down to mental aspects rather than technical aspects."

"The team is young enough. I believe we need some more experience in some areas in the game and to defend better. The way we gave the first and second goal away is not exactly what we need is to bring younger players in."

On the threat of Porto...
"I'm confident that we’ll respond well on Tuesday night because the dissapointment is so deep. The attitude is good and the overall spirit in the team is very very good. Today we were caught a little bit for being too easy and I don’t think that will happen on Tuesday.

"They are always a difficult side to play. They’ve just beaten Fenerbahce. They played last night and have given enough. We know in the Champions League we don’t have the same risk as we have tonight. We have to rebuild the conifdence before Tuesday to get the right belief into the game."

"We are always under extra pressure but Tuesday night will be a vital game for us. I'm more concerned by the Premier League than the Champions League and its very concerning when we lose a game like we lost today."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Carling Cup Fourth Round: Arsenal v Wigan

Arsenal will face Wigan Athletic at home in the fourth round of the Carling Cup.

The Gunners will host the Latics during the week commencing November 10 in one of three all-Premier-League ties in the round.

The match will be contested during a very busy period for Arsène Wenger’s side as they host Fenerbahce, Manchester United and Aston Villa, and now Wigan, in a 10 day stint.

The complete Carling Cup Fourth Round draw is as follows:

Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers
Arsenal v Wigan Athletic
Chelsea v Burnley
Swansea City v Watford
Manchester United v Queens Park Rangers
Stoke City v Rotherham United
Brighton & Hove Albion or Derby v Leeds United
Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I look to myself after bad defeats

Arsène Wenger will look at himself more than his players for the reasons behind Saturday’s shock 2-1 defeat at home to Hull City.

On a dramatic, unpredictable afternoon at Emirates Stadium, the aptly-named Tigers came from behind to inflict only Arsenal’s second defeat in more than two seasons at their ‘new’ home.

Wenger is a football obsessive who has been known to stay up into the early hours to review that day’s victory. He once admitted that during his early career in France he had to stop the team bus to be physically sick after one bad loss. Therefore you can only imagine his reaction to the deep disappointment of Saturday.

“I always look first at myself after defeats,” he said. “Don’t worry about that. We do that with all the staff.

“You think about the game and, if you can watch it, you watch it again.

“But there were certainly enough ingredients in the game to make me physically sick again.

“We had an opportunity to go top of the League and in that situation you have to be right in your intensity and in your concentration level. That ‘electric level’ in our head was not high enough.

“I don’t know if we can’t afford to lose again but what we delivered today was not good enough. We know that. So the important thing now is not how many games we can lose this season but preparing well for Tuesday night.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger- I will change things against Porto

Arsène Wenger will make changes to his side for the Champions League clash with Porto on Tuesday night despite insisting that his players were not 
complacent against Hull.

The Frenchman, who enters his 13th year as Arsenal manager this week, rejected suggestions that the convincing wins at Blackburn and Bolton had made his team overlook Hull. Instead, Wenger pointed at Arsenal's lack of height throughout the team as a reason for the defeat.

"We gave them too much room for the first goal and we didn't clear the ball on the second one," said the 58-year-old. "I believe that we have more a size problem in our defending than a quality problem. It's 
not just the centre-backs who defend - as a team we are a bit short.

"Perhaps on a subconscious level we were thinking we would do it. I don't fault the players for not wanting it but it can happen when you have just 
won two away games. Where we are guilty is that we had difficulties in the
first half but then still went 1-0 up and we shouldn¹t have given it away 
from that.

"There will be changes to the team. I don't believe we were thinking about Tuesday night, though."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Nasri return to squad but Song misses out

Samir Nasri is back in the Arsenal squad for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Porto after shrugging off a knee problem.

The French international has not played since suffering the injury while on duty with Les Bleus at the beginning of the month. That halted Nasri in his tracks after a flying start to the campaign but the Arsenal.com Player of the Month for August is finally set for his first game in September.

Arsène Wenger confirmed Nasri's return at his pre-match press conference but revealed that Alex Song (hip) would not be available against Porto despite appearing on the bench for the weekend defeat to Hull City.

[Linked Image]

"Song has still not recovered," said Wenger. "I had him on the bench on Saturday but he did not feel comfortable and he had a little setback. That shows you that we lost a player through the Carling Cup - once again.

"Nasri is fit and is in the squad. But Abou Diaby, Eduardo and Tomas Rosicky are not back yet."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger – We need our ‘Champions League focus'

Arsène Wenger has called on his side to regain a “Champions League focus” for the Group G game against Porto on Tuesday night.

When he spoke at his pre-match press conference on Monday, it was clear the Arsenal manager was still recovering from Saturday’s shock defeat to Hull at Emirates Stadium.

Wenger argued the game was a wake-up call his team did not need and that the loss should not be overblown, however he did call for improvement against the Portuguese champions.

“I believe the Champions League is a different game,” said the Frenchman. “We have learned from the Hull match that you need a Champions League focus in every game.

“If we are guilty of something it is that we couldn't get our focus to the right level to take our chances.

“The analysis of the game shows that we had enough opportunities to win. On the other hand, they made 100 per cent of the few chances they had. So credit to them and damage to us.

“You have not to make too much of it. We lost a game we did not want to lose but we have enough strength inside the Club and inside the team to deal with that. It can happen but it cannot be repeated.

“I don't think we needed to be woken up but it was a big disappointment because we felt that we had enough quality to win the game.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Changes are rotation not punishment

If Arsène Wenger changes his team for Tuesday night's game against Porto, his motive will be rotation not punishment.

The Arsenal manager suggested he would tinker with his line-up after Saturday's shock defeat against Hull City and the issue cropped up at his pre-match press conference on Monday. However, Wenger made it very clear that any omitted players should not been seen as scapegoats.

"Punishment? No, you know sometimes you make changes because you consider the other team, you consider the balance of your team, sometimes because one player is not at his best," insisted Wenger.

"If a player or two do not play tomorrow it is not a punishment, it is just because of a rotation in the side. You cannot play every single game with the same 11 players."

Criticism of the team was inevitable after Arsenal let a one-goal lead slip at the weekend and conceded a headed goal from a corner for the third time this season, and Wenger was offered plenty of 'solutions' on Monday.

Some suggested Carlos Vela, the Carling Cup hat-trick hero, could start against Porto, others raised the possibility of Mikael Silvestre adding experience to the back four and one journalist asked whether Kolo Toure could be moved into midfield. The Arsenal manager was quick to defend his defence, refused to be drawn on Vela's inclusion and ruled out a new role for Toure.

"I believe the goal we conceded where we are less guilty is the corner against Hull because it was a well-taken chance," he said. "[Hull's Daniel] Cousin is very tall and very good in the air. It was a perfect header and that can happen to anybody.

"You gain experience through the games. At the back is where we have experience because you cannot say with Clichy and Sagna and Kolo and Gallas that we lack experience. Will Kolo play in midfield? No, not at all.

"As for Vela, it's difficult to go into any individual case. I believe Carlos Vela is a player of the squad and the whole squad will be used over the season. You cannot go from one team to the other and change 11 players because we just lost one game.

"I believe what is happening is that players have shown quality behind the first team and that is very interesting for the future of the Club."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure - Why I was wary of facing Hull City

Kolo Toure admits he was wary of facing Hull City on Saturday because he knew that the newly-promoted Tigers weren't the pushovers they were billed as.

Phil Brown's side were given virtually no hope of leaving Emirates Stadium with three points but they stunned the Premier League by coming back from a goal down to win 2-1 and become only the second team to win a competitive game at Arsenal's new home.

[Linked Image]

Reflecting on the weekend's drama when he faced the press ahead of tonight's game against Porto, Toure insisted that the Arsenal players were focused against Hull but voiced his concern that the wider world had written off their opponents.

"I was scared to play that game because sometimes people play the game before the game has started and that is a problem," said Toure.

"In football there are no small teams because the Premiership is a hard competition. I know that when I play against Man United everyone is thinking 'yes it is going to be a tight game', but when you play against Hull it is much harder because everyone is expecting you to win and from the first minute they want you to score the first goal - but it is not like that.

"I don’t mean the players [expected to win easily], I think people did. I know that we were focused. When I said we were scared it's because I know that there are no easy games and there is no easy training. If you are not focused when you play against a team of Under-17s and you think you will win easy, you will struggle. I think that’s my spirit, you just need to go out there and show a great spirit on the pitch."

Toure can rest assured that the football world will not write Hull off so quickly in future. In the meantime, the Ivory Coast defender is determined to bounce back in the best way possible - by winning a trophy.

"We really want to do something this season because it's three seasons now without winning anything," he said. "We play some great football and everybody talks about us but we want to win a trophy to show the great football we play brings us some trophies. We’ll work on it."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Quaresma loss is big blow for Porto

While Porto may have the Hulk, they have lost a super-hero in Quaresma, according to Arsène Wenger.

The Portuguese champions arrive at Emirates Stadium this evening for the second game of Group G. In the build-up much has been made of Brazilian striker Givanildo Vieira de Souza, who supposedly resembles the cartoon character. His record of 37 goals in 44 appearances in the Japanese League certainly smacks of danger for the home side.

However, for Wenger, the sale of winger Quaresma to Inter could be more influential. The 25-year-old moved to Italy in the summer after 25 goals in 114 appearances plus numerous assists. The Portuguese international nearly dumped Arsenal out of the Champions League at the group stages in 2006 but his drive cannoned back off the post and the visitors went through with a 0-0 draw on Matchday Six.

[Linked Image]

Quaresma was by far the most dangerous player on the night so it was unsurprising that Wenger described his loss as “massive” when he spoke to Arsenal.com ahead of tonight’s tie.

He added: “When you go to Porto and he is on the team-sheet you know you will need some strong performances from your left-back or your right back.

“That is because he can go on both flanks. He was so creative with his crosses - outside, inside - that it is still a big loss for Porto.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: 'Champions League is easier to win'

Arsène Wenger believes the Champions League is easier to win - and lose - than the Premier League.

These two trophies represent the Arsenal manager’s twin aims for the current season and winning either would represent a great campaign in itself. But, the Frenchman believes, the European trophy can be lifted by raising your game on fewer occasions.

“You can win the Champions League by being less consistent than you need to be to win the Premier League,” said Wenger.

“The Champions League is easier to win and easier to lose. In the first stage it is a championship, but after that it really is a cup competition.

“You can turn it on for the day. [If you do that] six or 10 times a year, you can win it.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 4-0 FC Porto

UEFA Champions League, Emirates Stadium

Tuesday, September 30, 2008, 19:45

* Van Persie 31, 48,
* Adebayor 40, 71 (pen)

Better. Much, much better.

Arsenal returned to form in fine style with a morale-boosting 4-0 win over Porto in Champions League Group G on Tuesday night.

Arsène Wenger’s side had been humbled by Hull at Emirates Stadium last Saturday and, this evening, Porto returned to the scene of the crime with their own superhero – Hulk – in tow.

Despite the scoreline, Arsenal were not that outstanding; like they had not been that bad on Saturday. The crucial difference was the chances they took. Robin van Persie slid them in front on the half-hour and, four minutes from the break, Emmanuel Adebayor scored with a towering header.

[Linked Image]

Three minutes after the restart, Van Persie killed the game by burying a cross-shot and, 20 minutes from the end, Adebayor slotted home a penalty after substitute Nicklas Bendtner had been hacked down on the edge of the area.

Arsenal will play better than this and win by a tighter margin however it was just the answer they needed after a weekend of questions.

It also puts them top of Group G.

In the immediate aftermath of that defeat to Hull on Saturday, Wenger had spoken of sweeping changes. In the end there was only one. Fit-again Samir Nasri came in on the left side of the midfield with Theo Walcott switching to the right. Emmanuel Eboue made way.

The first home game of the Group Stage is always crucial but, after this particular weekend, it was doubly important for Wenger’s side. The sunshine and blissful optimism of Saturday was replaced tonight by sweeping rain and a measure of concern.

It was nothing that a thumping win could not solve but Arsenal would take half an hour to start finding the solution!

After a cagey first few minutes they began the search in earnest.

In the 10th minute, a sweeping move involving Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Adebayor found Walcott unmarked at the far post with the ball at his feet. However the angle was tight and the England international could only find the side-netting.

When Van Persie’s curling effort forced a scrambling save from Helton, it appeared the home side were about to take control. However they were nearly caught out again – and with a classic Arsenal attack.

The home side were over-committed in attack and Freddy Gaurin sent Tomas Costa racing clear on the right. His deep swinging cross was met by the diving Cristian Rodriguez just inside the area. Fortunately for Arsenal, the Uruguayan’s powerful header bounced up off the turf and smacked the bar on its way over. A huge let-off.

Arsenal responded by pushing forward. As on Saturday there was little wrong with their approach play, but the finish was missing.

Walcott’s trickled cross-shot caused more trouble than it should and Van Persie’s far-post volley bounced on to the roof of the net.

However Porto would respond once more.

Just before the half-hour, Lisandro let fly from almost 30 yards. It was powerful drive that forced a full-length save from Manuel Almunia.

From the corner, the ball ran loose and the same striker was on hand to swivel a shot goalwards from six yards out. This time his effort beat the keeper but Gael Clichy was stationed on the line just behind him and booted the ball clear.

Arsenal needed a goal to settle their nerves. Fortunately they got it almost immediately.

Fabregas’ slide-rule pass sent Adebayor forward in the right-hand channel. The Togolese striker was only marginally onside but had plenty of time to place his pass. He decided to send over a low ball to the near post. Van Persie slid in just ahead of his marker to prod home the ball with his outstretched leg.

The goal was a blessed relief and Arsenal tried to consolidate with concerted offense.

It paid dividends five minutes before the break when Van Persie curled over a corner to the far post and Adebayor met it with a firm downward header. There was little chance of the pace alone beating the Porto defence but the visiting backline were fooled by the way the ball reared up.

Now the tension could truly dissipate.

Three minutes after the break, it was flowing out of Arsenal’s veins. The Porto defence ran into trouble in the corner and Walcott found Van Persie just inside the area. The Dutchman nutmegged Bruno Alves and flicked his cross-shot into the far corner of the net.

It should have been 4-0 a couple of minutes later. Toure collected a corner and weaved inside the area. His cross found Walcott six-yards out but his snap-shot went wide. A couple of minutes later Nasri bundled an equally-inviting effort past Helton’s left-hand upright.

Porto were now reeling and rudderless. Substitute Lucho set up Tomas Costa just before the hour but the striker wasted a decent opportunity by blazing high over the bar.

Meanwhile Arsenal were attacking in waves. Walcott only just lost a foot-race with Helton and Adebayor scuffed an effort inches past the post.

The home side’s dominance was such that Wenger withdrew Nasri and Van Persie with 24 minutes to go. For their part, Porto brought on Hulk.

It barely changed the balance of play. Helton spilled a Fabregas drive and Adebayor pounced. However the keeper recovered to get a toe on the striker’s sidefoot shot.

Rodriguez’ drive suggested Porto had not given up hope however they may as well have done. In the 70th minute Guarin hacked at the legs of Bendtner on the corner of the area. The Dane fell over, the referee pointed to the penalty spot and Adebayor scored.

It had become a stroll.

Tomas Costa rifled an effort inches wide soon afterwards but Arsenal regained their stranglehold almost immediately.

Adebayor rolled an effort narrowly wide and substitute Carlos Vela scrambled the ball against the post in injury time.

The whistle blew soon afterwards.

Now Arsenal can truly move on.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'We needed to respond quickly and as a team'

On the emphatic response to Saturday’s disappointment…
“It is what we expected. We did not concede a goal tonight and we scored four. Maybe we could have scored a few more but it was most important to win the game and respond quickly in a convincing way and that is what we did.

“I was tempted to make more than one change but I did not because I did not want to give the feeling that you punish one more than another. I believe sometimes you give the team the chance to respond quickly. I made one change and it was because [Samir] Nasri is a more natural left-sided wide-player than [Emmanuel] Eboue. The change was not to punish anybody I just believe we needed to respond quickly as a team.

“I think it was perhaps the most complete performance of the season.”

On forgetting Hull…
“That is down to your memory. I believe it is part of the learning process and maybe the fact that we had never played against Hull meant we experienced the difficulty when facing them. Maybe at 1-0 we thought it was done.”

On the attitude shown by his side…
“We were focused. I thought at times we were a little bit too tense, especially at the start of the game. But we were focused and at that level, whether it is the Premier League or the Champions League that is vital. I believe that on Saturday we were caught by a lack of focus.

“I think the team is maturing and there is big potential in the side. We want to be intelligent and in the end you measure that on how well we do together.”

On the performance of Cesc Fabregas…
“I think he was outstanding tonight. He was good defensively and offensively and overall it was the ‘complete performance’.”

On seeing his strikers doing the damage…
“Yes it was nice to see. Theo was dangerous again and he makes big progress and a big improvement. It was the response I wanted. It is half of the response of the week, the other half comes on Saturday [against Sunderland].

“No [Theo is not injured] it was a kick. I took him off because I was cautious but he could have stayed on.”

On remaining defensive concerns…
“Before Saturday we only conceded two goals and they were from corners in the League. On Saturday we conceded two goals too. I must say one of them was another corner but the other one was a goal that we have all scored but only once in our lives. We conceded a goal that you cannot do a lot about.

“I think away from home we have found a good balance defensively like at Blackburn and Bolton. At home we are not completely reassuring yet.

“I believe that the first time they caught us tonight was on the break from one of our corners. We were caught on the break, but that is maybe the only real time when we were lucky. The second time was on the corner when Clichy saved on the line. Those were the two times when they were dangerous tonight. Overall we were much more disciplined and focused on corners. The fight in the air was there.

On winning Group G…
“We know that we want to win our home games. We have taken a point in Kiev and we go to Fenerbahce to try to win the game like we always do.

“We expect to win the group.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Almunia - Porto win showed our true colours

Manuel Almunia believes that Arsenal showed their true colours in the Champions League victory over Porto.

The Spanish goalkeeper kept a clean sheet as the Portuguese champions were brushed aside at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday night. Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor both netted twice as Arsène Wenger's side bounced back from their surprise Premier League defeat against Hull at the weekend.

Almunia was at the sharp end of that disappointment, conceding twice as Arsenal let a second-half lead slip on home soil. But the 31-year-old thinks that Saturday's shock has brought Wenger's players together and the win against Porto was evidence of that.

[Linked Image]

"It was crucial to have a clean sheet, have a victory like this and play fantastically like we did," said Almunia. "I think Arsène was furious before the Porto game and we said to ourselves that we had to play the Porto game as Arsenal know they can. We had to show we were a very great team.

"Maybe some players were tired [on Saturday] but Hull did very well. They are a strong team and we were surprised by them and I think Hull deserved the three points because our attitude wasn't very good during the game.

"But now we have togetherness, we are strong now, this is an important victory and it will give us more confidence. I hope at Sunderland we can show the strengths we have inside once again."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - We showed great personality

Emmanuel Adebayor praised his side’s character and personality in the 4-0 victory over Porto at Emirates Stadium on Tuesday.

Arsenal have endured some difficult days since their shock defeat to Hull at the weekend. But they responded in fine style with Adebayor and Robin van Persie sharing the goals as Arsène Wenger’s men went top of Champions League Group G.

The Togolese frontman said they still had something to prove at Sunderland on Saturday but, at the same time, losing to Hull “is not a crime”.

"We are happy and pleased," he said. "We knew this was a very important result after what happened on Saturday and we won 4-0 so we did it quite well.

"I don’t think we were nervous before the game. We were quite calm. We know we can play and we were at home. We knew if we put the ball on the ground and played our football we would have a lot of chances to win the game.

"But as player it is difficult. You just have to tell yourself, what happened, happened. These things happen in life. Losing to Hull is not like a crime. It can happen in football. We had to show character and belief in our personality. But we took our lesson.

"We are top of our group and we took our three points so we are happy.

“The most important thing now is are we going to play on Saturday. That is the question we have already put inside our head. We have learned a lot of good things [against Hull] and we hope to repeat that on Saturday. It will be difficult because we play away. But we need more concentration and see how we go.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor: Van Persie and I have same ambition

Emmanuel Adebayor believes he is still in the process of building a partnership with Robin van Persie.

The two Arsenal strikers shared the goals in that 4-0 drubbing of Porto on Tuesday. They have 11 strikes between them this season already and now Adebayor is looking forward to a full campaign with Van Persie as injury has hampered the Dutchman’s chances during the last two terms.

“I am very happy because now Robin is fit, looking great and scoring a lot of good goals,” said Adebayor.

“We are just enjoying playing together. He is a very good player. I am just using him and he is using me as well. We have got a great partnership upfront and we have the same ambition, which is to help this team to win something.

[Linked Image]

“All we try to do at the moment is create a relationship. We have shown that we can do something together and everyone is pleased. That is the most important thing.

“We know that if we had had all of our squad fit last season we would have had the chance to win something. Van Persie, Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo got that bad injury towards the end of the season. If you put all these names together, as soon as they are off pitch, it is not the same game.

“Now this season it is easier to compete because there are a lot of players ready and fit to play in every single game and I think that is good for us.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Song could return for trip to Sunderland

Arsène Wenger could have Alex Song back in his squad for Saturday's trip to Sunderland.

The Cameroon international suffered a hip injury during the Carling Cup victory over Sheffield United last month and suffered a relapse after making the bench against Hull last weekend. Song may return to action at the Stadium of Light but Abou Diaby (thigh) will not play until after the international break.

"We have no new injuries and we might have Song back in the squad for Sunderland," revealed Wenger at his pre-match press conference. "Diaby is very close now. He is two weeks or one week away. I think after the international break Diaby is ready to play."

The Arsenal manager also gave an update on the Club's two long-term absentees - Eduardo and Tomas Rosicky. The Croatian is expected to return first while Wenger hopes to have his Czech midfielder back before the New Year.

[Linked Image]

"Eduardo is doing very well but is not close to play," said Wenger. "Eduardo will be OK before Christmas, of course, but Rosicky is a little bit behind him.

"I monitor Rosicky's progress very closely but at the moment it is very difficult to put a date on his comeback. We are not pessimistic about the future of his career but we still need more patience. If he comes back before Christmas we have done very well but I think we can achieve that, that in December he can play again."

Seite 17 von 41 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von dragoon - 19/03/2024 12:39
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 15/03/2024 18:41
Beste Spielotheken Online
Beste Spielotheken Online
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
15 members (Bartho01, AllesSuper, Bambi, Haiefan, kafi112, Flip160, Hackentrick, Martini, grottenoli, caro), 3,222 Gäste, und 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 93
pik7 53
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,436
Beiträge120,999
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM