bet365
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
pyriel, Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer
3,865 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 32 von 41 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas responds to media speculation

Further to media reports on Thursday morning, Cesc Fabregas has spoken to Arsenal.com:

"I’m not sure how many times I need to talk directly about my commitment to Arsenal as I continue to say the same thing over and over again, but it appears that every time I have spoken to the Spanish media recently, my words have bounced back to England, leaving question marks about my future.

"So, for anyone who is unclear or may have misunderstood what my position is, let me make myself absolutely crystal clear. I am wholeheartedly committed to Arsenal and my future lies with this great Club.

"It is a fact that we have not won a trophy for four years and yes, I am angry about that, but that anger stems from the deep deep desire I have to win things with Arsenal. I care about this Club and believe in this team. I am proud to captain this team and proud to wear the shirt. It really upsets me when people express my thoughts otherwise. The spirit in this squad is fantastic and we have the ability and mentality to compete on all fronts for silverware. Make no mistake, we are focussed and determined to show that we are capable of achieving great things together."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wilshere signs new long-term contract

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Jack Wilshere has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

Wilshere (17), who signed professional terms with the Gunners in January, enjoyed a breakthrough season in 2008/09, making eight first-team appearances and scoring one goal.

He rewrote the Arsenal history books on his full first-team debut, coming on as an 81st-minute substitute at Blackburn on September 30, 2008 to become the youngest ever player to represent Arsenal in the League. Jack was just 16 years and 256 days old at the time.

Ten days later Jack made his first full competitive start for the Club in the Carling Cup Third-Round victory over Sheffield United, capping off a fine performance with his debut goal for the first team in a 6-0 win.

Jack, who comes from Hitchin in Hertfordshire, made further history for Arsenal when he came off the bench in the 76th minute of the UEFA Champions League home match against Dynamo Kyiv on November 25, 2008. At 16 years 329 days, he become the youngest ever player to represent Arsenal in European competition.

When he wasn't making headlines for the first team, Jack was contributing to a hugely successful season for Arsenal's Under-18s. He was an integral part of the Youth Cup-winning side, playing in seven of the eight games for Steve Bould's team and scoring twice.

Jack was also a regular for Neil Banfield's Reserve team and impressed in a number of positions, operating across the midfield or in a more advanced role behind the main striker. His record for the second string mirrored his Youth Cup record with two goals in seven appearances. At Arsenal since he was nine years old, left-footed Jack is one of the Club's most exciting young prospects.

Arsène Wenger said: “It’s such great news that Jack has signed a new long-term contract. Jack made great progress last season, playing at Under-18s, Reserves and First Team level and we all witnessed what a great young talent he is. At still 17 years of age, the potential is huge for Jack and we’re all delighted that he has committed his long-term future to Arsenal Football Club.”

Everyone at Arsenal is looking forward to Jack’s continued contribution and development in the years to come.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Maturing Ramsey delighted with new deal

It's been a year since Aaron Ramsey chose Arsenal over Manchester United and Everton - and the young Welshman couldn't be happier with his decision.

The 18-year-old had a clutch of top clubs chasing him last summer but he opted to leave Cardiff City for Emirates Stadium and has been rewarded for a solid first season with a new long-term contract.

Ramsey already has 22 first-team appearances under his belt and played a starring role in Arsenal's run to the Carling Cup Quarter-Finals. He opened his account in the Champions League with a well-taken goal at Fenerbahce and believes that the opportunities he's received at such a young age have vindicated his decision to join Arsenal.

"I am very pleased I chose Arsenal last year," Ramsey told Arsenal.com. "I always knew that Arsenal was the Club for me, they had the best plan for me. They have a history of bringing through youngsters, giving them opportunities and turning them into world-class players.

"I'm very pleased to sign a new deal. I think I've had a decent first season, I've learnt a lot and now I'm looking forward to next season. I am committed to this Club, I am an Arsenal player and I want to be an Arsenal player.

"Obviously I have grown up a bit in the past year because I live on my own now, so I have to look after myself. I am a bit more independent now. But I wouldn't say I have changed too much."

So far Ramsey's career has followed a similar trajectory Theo Walcott's. Like Walcott, the 18-year-old has been capped by his country before becoming an Arsenal regular. And like the England star, Ramsey spent much of his first year at Emirates Stadium learning his trade on the training ground.

Now the midfielder wants to emulate Walcott by using his second season to make his mark on the Arsenal first team.

"We both came from Championship clubs to join Arsenal and I think my first year has been quite similar to Theo's first year at Arsenal," said Ramsey. "But then in the second year he played a lot more games and got more experience under his belt, so hopefully I can take the same path.

"We've talked about it before, I've asked him how he found it when he was in my position. Now I want to be more regular in the starting eleven, get a lot more games under my belt and hopefully start more games as well. They are my targets."

Quelle: arsenal.com

Zuletzt bearbeitet von braumi; 03/07/2009 09:13.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Gibbs signs new long-term contract

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that England Under-21 international Kieran Gibbs has signed a new long-term contract extension with the Club.

Lambeth-born Kieran shot to prominence during the FA Youth Cup run to the Semi-Final in 2007. His performances earned him an appearance in the 2007/08 pre-season fixture against Barnet and, later, a start against Italian giants Inter Milan in the inaugural Emirates Cup in July 2007.

Gibbs made his full First Team debut the following season during the 2007/08 campaign, in the Carling Cup Fourth Round victory at Sheffield United in October 2007.

Kieran, who can operate as a left-back or in midfield, was a revelation last season, making 21 First Team appearances, including eight in the Premier League and four in the UEFA Champions League.

His performances during last season earned Kieran, still only 19, with a place in the England Under-21s squad, which then led to him becoming a regular in this summer’s UEFA Under-21 Championships in Sweden, helping Stuart Pearce’s England team reach the Final of the competition.

Manager Arsène Wenger said: “Kieran made such a great impact last season and the progress he made throughout the year was fantastic. Kieran is an intelligent player with huge quality and he proved last season with his performances that he has great potential. We’re delighted that Kieran has committed his future to Arsenal and we’re all excited to watch his future development at the Club.”

Everyone at the Club is looking forward to Kieran’s continued contribution and development with Arsenal for a long time to come.

Kieran joins Theo Walcott, Lukasz Fabianski, Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere, who have all signed new long-term extensions with the Club in the close season.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie signs new long-term contract

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Robin van Persie has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

Van Persie (25), who joined the Gunners from home town club Feyenoord in 2004, was Arsenal’s leading goalscorer last season with 20 goals from his 44 overall appearances.

In his five seasons with Arsenal, Van Persie, who is capable of turning a match at any time with a flourish of his left foot, has made 177 appearances for the Gunners, scoring a total of 63 goals in all competitions.

The Dutch international striker, is also a regular with his national team and has scored 13 goals from his 37 appearances, already helping the Netherlands qualify for the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa.

Van Persie, who was an FA Cup winner with the Club in 2005, played an integral part in Arsenal’s run to the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup semi-finals last season. As well as his 11 Premier League goals, Robin scored five times in the Champions League and four in the FA Cup. Throughout the season, Robin produced many important and match winning performances, most notably scoring both goals in the 2-1 league win at Chelsea last November.

Arsène Wenger said: “It’s fantastic news that Robin van Persie has committed his long term future to Arsenal Football Club, we’re all delighted. Robin is a hugely gifted player and has the talent and goalscoring ability to win matches at the very top level. We have already seen many times what Robin is capable of on a football pitch, but at only 25, there is still much more to come from him. Robin has the potential to become a true Arsenal great.”

Robin van Persie added: “I’m so happy to have signed a new long term contract. I’ve been at the Club for five years now and there really is a great feeling here at Arsenal. We have a top class manager, a squad full of superb young players, a world class stadium and brilliant supporters. Arsenal Football Club has a very bright future and I want to be part of it.

"My heart is with Arsenal and I just can’t picture myself in a different shirt. I just can’t see it now because I love this Club so much. If you look at the last five years, look at the steps I have made every season, if you look at the support the Boss and the whole Club gave me, the fans gave me, my team mates gave me – this is the right decision."

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is looking forward to Robin’s continued contribution in the forthcoming years.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Djourou - Why we work so hard in Austria

Johan Djourou is ready to lay the foundations for a brand-new football season.

The Swiss defender got 45 minutes under his belt as Arsenal kicked off their summer schedule with a 2-2 draw at Barnet on Saturday. As ever it was a useful workout for Arsène Wenger's men but Djourou knows that the hard work really starts this week.

The squad flies out to Austria today for the familiar surroundings of their pre-season training camp. Friendlies against SC Columbia, Szombathelyi and Hannover have been arranged but the most intense work will be done on the training pitches. Djourou knows that this is the time to put the building blocks in place for a successful season.

"We need to get ready so Saturday's game was good because a team like Barnet is always going to come at you," he told Arsenal.com.

"But I think it is more like the real, real preparation in Austria because we get into a period where we are going to have hard training every day and more games coming up as well.

"The training camp will get us ready for the Premier League, for the start of the season. It is going to be really hard work and the games are coming up so we will start to build up the minutes we play. Instead of 45 minutes it will be 70 or 80 minutes to get us ready.

"It is all about everyone being ready for the start and not so much about the results. We have to get things right tactically and we will look back at last season, what went wrong, what went right and what we have to improve.

"We want to get everything right for the start of the season."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor completes move to Manchester City

Arsenal can confirm that the transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City has been completed for an undisclosed fee.

Adebayor (25), who joined Arsenal from AS Monaco in January 2006, made a total of 142 appearances for the Gunners scoring 62 times. He was the Club’s leading goalscorer in the 2007/08 season, scoring 30 goals in all competitions during the campaign, earning him a place in the PFA Premier League Team of the Year.

Last season, Adebayor scored 16 goals from his 37 appearances, including six from nine appearances in the UEFA Champions League.

Arsène Wenger said: “Firstly, we must thank Emmanuel for his contribution to the Club. Whenever he was on the pitch, he always gave absolutely everything to the team and since joining us in January 2006, he produced a number of match-winning performances. Emmanuel leaves with our best wishes and we now look forward continuing our preparations for next season.”

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club would like to thank Emmanuel for his contribution during his time at the Club.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We’re keeping an eye on Chamakh

Arsène Wenger has openly admitted for the first time that he is “keeping an eye” on Marouane Chamakh.

The media have linked Arsenal with the 25-year-old Bordeaux striker for much of the summer but there has been no official word until now.

With Emmanuel Adebayor about to finalise the formalities of his move to Manchester City, there may be room for another forward at Emirates Stadium.

However, after the 2-2 draw at Barnet on Saturday, Wenger would not confirm he would be definitely adding another front man. Yet if he does require attacking re-enforcements then Chamakh would be in his sights.

“We keep an eye on him,” said Wenger. “He is one of the players that we will follow and if we went for a striker then he would be one of the possibilities.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We are in no hurry to buy anyone

Arsène Wenger will not rush to re-invest the money Arsenal bank from the sale of Emmanuel Adebayor.

The Togolese striker was finalising the formalities ahead of his move to Manchester City on Monday for an undisclosed – but suggested to be substantial – transfer fee.

Wenger can add that money to his kitty but the Frenchman will assess his internal resources before deciding on the need to find a replacement in the transfer market.

“I will be able to spend that money,” he said. “[I will do it] if we are able to find the right players and if we feel it is needed. We are not in a hurry right now.

“We have internal players lined up. Look at the offensive players that we have – Van Persie, Arshavin, Eduardo, Rosicky, Walcott, Bendtner.

“We just want to prepare [for] the season well now. We had 14 players missing for the Barnet game so we will see where we need an addition.

“We are not in a hurry but if we need to add something anywhere then we will.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Rosicky may be ready for new season

Tomas Rosicky could start the Premier League campaign for Arsenal if his pre-season training goes according to plan.

The Czech international played his first game for the Club in 18 months when he captained Arsène Wenger’s side at Barnet on Saturday.

Like the rest of the established first-teamers, Rosicky only featured for the first 45 minutes. But it was a very welcome run-out.

A troublesome hamstring tendon injury dogged the midfielder from January 2008 until late last season. He has spent the summer in light training however the nine-day training camp in Austria, which starts with a friendly in Vienna on Tuesday, will be a significant step up.

Yet, having feared for his footballing future at one point, Wenger believes that Rosicky should be ready for the big kick-off in August.

“We have to prepare him well and balance him well,” said the manager. “But if he comes through the preparations OK then he could start the season.

“There was a time I feared that [he might not come back] and I think that he felt it too. But he always had a dedicated and healthy life so I always had hope.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Samir Nasri suffers fractured fibula

Samir Nasri has sustained a fractured fibula during this morning’s training session at the Club’s pre-season training camp in Austria.

The midfielder will be out of action for two to three months.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Huntelaar-Wechsel von Real zu Stuttgart offenbar geplatzt

Der Wechsel von Klaas-Jan Huntelaar von Real Madrid zum VfB Stuttgart ist offenbar gescheitert. Der niederländische Nationalstürmer Madrid soll laut einem "Marca"-Bericht die Verhandlungen mit dem deutschen Bundesligisten abgebrochen haben.

Zwar soll Huntelaar dem VfB eigentlich bereits eine Zusage gegeben haben, nun aber doch lieber in der englischen Premier League spielen wollen. Im Gespräch sind dabei Arsenal und Chelsea. Mit Real Madrid war sich Stuttgart bereits über eine Ablösesumme von zunächst 18 Millionen Euro für den 25-jährigen Torjäger einig geworden, muss sich nun aber wohl anderweitig umsehen.

Quelle: sport.orf.at

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Everton 1-6 Arsenal bluebang

Barclays Premier League, Goodison Park

Saturday, August 15, 2009, 17:30

* Saha 90

* Denilson 26,
* Vermaelen 37,
* Gallas 41,
* Fabregas 48, 70,
* Eduardo 89

Also-rans? Arsenal might be rather more than that on the strength of this performance.

They were written off in most quarters before a ball was kicked this season but Arsène Wenger’s players showed they mean business with an emphatic win on Merseyside.

Denilson curled in a sumptuous 25-yarder to get the ball rolling and Thomas Vermaelen marked a hugely impressive debut with a thumping header from Robin van Persie’s free-kick. William Gallas nodded in a third from close range as Arsenal took a stranglehold on the game before half-time.

Cesc Fabregas rounded off a classic counter-attack two minutes into the second half and added a fifth from long range before Eduardo tapped in late on to compound Everton woes.

Louis Saha scored a stoppage-time consolation for Everton but that did not stop the travelling fans roaring a heart-warming refrain as they left Goodison Park: “We are top of the League!”

There’s an awfully long way to go, of course, but Arsenal have laid down a marker. The early signs are promising to say the least and they won’t face many tougher away trips than this before May.

The most notable name on Wenger’s first team-sheet of the season was Vermaelen’s. The summer signing from Ajax had a taste of the 'up and at 'em' nature of English football at Barnet last month but Everton, among the top flight's finest set-piece exponents, would test Vermaelen to the limit.

He passed his examination with flying colours.

After kicking off four consecutive seasons on home soil, Arsenal were probably due an opening-day away trip. And they don't come much harder than Everton. Mind you, as Manuel Almunia pointed out last week, he'd sooner be here in the August sunshine than the January frost. The Goodison Park surface is rather more pristine at this time of year and you sensed that might suit Arsenal's neat, passing game.

So it proved.

With Alex Song providing a solid base in midfield, Fabregas and Denilson broke quickly to support the front three of Nicklas Bendtner, Andrey Arshavin and Van Persie. And after an even opening, the pendulum swung Arsenal’s way.

Bendtner and Van Persie had already fired early shots across Everton’s bows when the Dane made a break down the right in the 25th minute. He clipped the ball inside to Fabregas and the captain slid it into Denilson’s path, 25 yards from goal.

The Brazilian met it perfectly, curling the ball beyond Tim Howard’s despairing dive and into the top corner. No one touched the ball more than Denilson in the Premier League last season; none of those touches were as impressive as this one.

Everton looked for an immediate response but found Vermaelen in their path. The centre back stood up well to twice deny Leon Osman as the midfielder looked to break into the box.

Then Denilson, just seven minutes after opening the scoring, kicked Maroune Fellaini’s header off the line to deny the hosts an equaliser.

A goal then would have changed the context of the game. Instead, Arsenal tightened their grip nine minutes before the break.

Van Persie, having over-hit a couple of free-kicks from a similar position, floated a perfect delivery towards the far post from 40 yards out. Vermaelen had peeled off cleverly and powered a header past Howard.

If it was a pleasant surprise to see Arsenal score from one set-piece, to see them score from two was pure delight.

This time Fabregas provided the ammunition, curling a free-kick in from the left, and Gallas glanced the ball into the bottom corner. That was pretty much game, set and match.

Denilson almost added a fourth before the break but Howard got down well to deny the Brazilian. The Everton keeper did not have to wait long for another test of his credentials.

Only two minutes of the second half had elapsed when Arsenal cleared a corner and then raced the length of the pitch to score a beautifully-crafted fourth. Denilson found Van Persie on the left and Fabregas made a gut-busting charge through the centre to collect the Dutchman’s pass and beat Howard.

Jack Rodwell, one third of a triple Everton substitution, fired over the bar as the home side searched in vain for scraps. But David Moyes’ side were a shadow of the team that troubled Arsenal so much here in January.

Fabregas soon underlined the visitors’ superiority, storming through the middle before arrowing a low shot into the bottom corner. Then Eduardo got in on the act with two minutes left, tapping in after Arshavin’s effort had bounced off the post.

Saha snatched a late consolation to leave a minor stain on Arsenal's clean sheet but it did nothing to dampen spirits in the away end. "Boring, boring Arsenal!" mocked the visiting fans.

Before this game Wenger suggested that his team would need 82 points for a serious stab at the title.

Three down, 79 to go. The 'also-rans' are up and running in the grandest manner.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas dedicates goal to Daniel Jarque

Cesc Fabregas dedicated his second goal against Everton to Daniel Jarque, the Espanyol captain who died recently of a heart attack, aged 26.

After scoring the goal in the 70th minute, the 22-year-old ran over to the Arsenal bench where he held aloft a shirt with 'Jarque' and the number 21, which he wore for the past five seasons.

Like Fabregas, Jarque was born in Barcelona and the pair played together in the same Spain Under-21s side. The 26-year-old died suddenly of a heart attack during Espanyol's pre-season tour of Italy earlier this month.

To watch the Arsenal captain's emotional celebration, click on the black box.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: Vermaelen will be a good asset for us

Thomas Vermaelen has proved once and for all that size isn't everything, according to Arsène Wenger.

There were a few murmurs of concern when the Belgian centre back signed for Arsenal in June, as critics suggested that Vermaelen lacked the height to cope with the Premier League's most direct teams.

Vermaelen dispelled any fears at Goodison Park on Saturday. Everton are one of the top flight's finest set-piece exponents and score more than their fair share of headed goals but Arsenal's new boy dealt comfortably with Jo, Marouane Fellaini and Joleon Lescott when the home side went forward.

Vermaelen underlined his aerial superiority with a powerful header from Robin van Persie's free-kick during the first half and he was just as impressive on the ground, distributing the ball with assurance and forging a solid partnership with William Gallas at the back. After the game Wenger paid tribute to the 23-year-old debutant.

"We liked Thomas when he played against us for Ajax," said the manager.

"We kept watching him and we liked what he did. He has shown that he has a good chance to adapt and become a good asset for us.

"He is good in the air. Many people had question marks about him in the air because of his size. But what I saw in the air was quite reassuring; being good in the air is not always linked with the size and he has shown that against Everton."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van der Vaart nach England?

Rafael van der Vaart spielt bei Real Madrid keine Rolle in den Planungen von Trainer Pellegrini.

Möglicherweise landet der 26-jährige Niederländer aber schon auf der Insel. Laut "Mail on Sunday" soll FC Arsenal an einem Transfer interessiert sein.

"Ich habe einige Angebote aus Deutschland, Spanien und Italien. Aber davon spricht mich keines an. Ich will in die Premier League", wird van der Vaart, der erst im Sommer 2008 für 15 Millionen Euro vom HSV nach Madrid wechselte, zitiert.

Quelle: laola1.at

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Celtic v Arsenal

UEFA Champions League, Celtic Park

Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 19:45

Arsenal are not the only star attraction here in Glasgow tonight.

While 58,000 watch the Gunners go toe-to-to with Celtic at Parkhead, many more will be tapping their toes to U2 just three miles down the road at Hampden Park.

No one bothered to ask Arsène Wenger for his thoughts on Bono or The Edge at his pre-match press conference but one song from the Irish band's bulging back-catalogue summed up the Arsenal manager's mood quite succinctly. Wenger saw his team dismantle Everton 6-1 at the weekend but he is adamant: 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'.

"I said many times that I believe in the team but you cannot go to any conclusion after one game," said the Frenchman. "It is one game and I believe we have room for improvement in every aspect of the game we played on Saturday – offensively and defensively.

"In every game we face a new problem and we start from zero again. We have to find the solutions that the game will give you. We will go forward maybe with a bit of lifted belief and confidence because we had a good result away from home at a difficult place.

"Every opportunity we created we scored in the Everton game which shows that the team is highly focused. Our targets are not reached yet but we had an important away victory in what is usually a very difficult place to take points."

Which brings us nicely onto Celtic. This draw was greeted with relief in some quarters as Arsenal avoided an overseas trip to Atletico Madrid or Fiorentina but, make no mistake, the Scottish giants are a significant obstacle as the Gunners look to reach the group stage of the Champions League for a 12th consecutive season.

Celtic leave Dinamo Zagreb, Sparta Prague and FC Twente - Arsenal's previous qualifying round opponents - in the shade, and they have history on their side too. The Bhoys have lost just one of eight home games against English opposition in Europe, and that was way back in 1983. Manchester United lost here three years ago and only managed a draw at Parkhead last season.

Then there's the crowd. Arsenal's youngsters have endured hostile home support at the Bernabeu, the San Siro and the Stadio Olimpico in recent seasons but Celtic fans probably eclipse all of them for passion and sheer noise. It all stacks up to a demanding night for Wenger's team - but it's a test he believes they can pass.

"The atmosphere is always heated in Scotland and we expect that," said the Frenchman. "I’m sure they will try and make it very hard for us but at at the end of the day it’s always XI against XI on the pitch and that’s what matters.

"We have been all over Europe in very heated places and we know by experience that what will matter is how well we play. If we play well we can keep the atmosphere low key – it’s only down to our performance.

"It is a very important game for us because we know what is at stake and we know how difficult it is to play here. It opens the door to the Champions League and we want to be in there of course.

"I still feel there is a high pressure on us to perform because it’s a massive game for us, but on the other hand you want games with that kind of pressure and you want the opportunity to show how good you are. We have another opportunity to show that.

"It is a game that we try to win, it’s as simple as that. I think you can only approach football like that. You cannot go into the game and think ‘let’s be 90 per cent and make the difference at home’ – it doesn’t work like that. We need to be fully focused and try to win the game.

"All we can do is prepare well and make sure we perform because we know an average game will not be good enough against Celtic."

Abou Diaby is back in the squad after a groin problem and could go straight into the starting line-up if Cesc Fabregas (hamstring) or Denilson (groin) fail fitness tests. Fabregas has "much more than a 50 per cent chance" of playing according to Wenger but Bacary Sagna is also a doubt with Emmanuel Eboue the obvious deputy at right-back. Theo Walcott (back), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Samir Nasri (broken leg), Johan Djourou (knee) and Lukasz Fabianski (knee) are still sidelined.

One man who Wenger can call upon for the first time in Europe is Andrey Arshavin. The Russian star was ineligible for the Champions League when he joined Arsenal in February after representing Zenit St. Petersburg in last season's competition.

The 28-year-old's experience and nous could be invaluable at Parkhead as Arsenal attempt to draw the sting from their fired-up opponents. But isn't all this 'Battle of Britain' stuff lost on the likes of Arshavin and his cosmopolitan team-mates?

Wenger laughed. "They will understand quickly on Tuesday night!"

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Celtic 0-2 Arsenal

UEFA Champions League, Celtic Park

Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 19:45

* Gallas 43,
* Caldwell 71 (og)

Arsenal are on the cusp of the Champions League group stage after a hard-fought win at Parkhead on Tuesday night.

Arsène Wenger’s side controlled much of this high-octane first leg but they needed a slice of luck in either half to secure victory.

William Gallas deflected Cesc Fabregas’ shot past Artur Boruc to break the deadlock two minutes before the break and Gary Caldwell turned Gael Clichy’s cross past his own keeper to double the advantage with 20 minutes left.

There is work to be done – Dinamo Moscow won here in the previous round and were still eliminated – but Arsenal are now firm favourites to book their place in the group stage for a 12th consecutive year.

Wenger waited anxiously for news on the fitness of Fabregas, Denilson and Bacary Sagna on the morning of the match. All three picked up knocks at Everton; all three were passed fit to play. That allowed the Arsenal boss to name an unchanged line-up with Abou Diaby, back from a groin injury, among the substitutes.

Gloomy weather engulfed Glasgow ahead of the match but that was never going to dampen the spirits of the Parkhead crowd. Much was made of the “special noise” Celtic fans produce and they lived up to their billing here.

A wall of sound greeted the two teams as they emerged from the tunnel and the home fans cheered in expectation as well as hope. After all Celtic had only lost once in eight European ties against English opposition at this ground. Manchester United were vanquished three years ago; would Arsenal go the same way?

Predictably, Celtic snapped into tackles from the off but Arsenal matched them for graft with Denilson and Alex Song doing plenty of dirty work.

The home side’s plan was clear: get the ball wide to Shaun Maloney and Scott Brown and test the visitors with crosses into the area. That’s exactly what happened in the opening minutes as Maloney’s fizzing delivery flashed across the six-yard box.

It was a warning for Arsenal and they heeded it, closing down the Celtic wingers and keeping those crosses down to a minimum. With that avenue more or less closed off, Wenger’s side pushed forward to create opportunities of their own.

They were hard to come by. Massimo Donati’s hesitancy forced keeper Boruc to hurry one clearance with Fabregas lurking and Andrey Arshavin put the ball in the net from an offside position. The Russian cut inside to try his luck later in the half but a block took the sting out of his shot.

Indeed, Celtic were giving as good as they got. Only a wonderful last-ditch challenge from Thomas Vermaelen denied Brown as he prepared to full the trigger at the end of a pacy counter-attack. And the same man forced a save from Manuel Almunia with a low shot from 12 yards.

The two defences held sway and it took a big slice of luck to prise the teams apart. Fortunately, fortune favoured the Gunners.

Van Persie tapped a free-kick to Fabregas 30 yards from goal, the captain fired in a shot and the ball deflected off Gallas and into the corner. Boruc seemed to have Fabregas’ effort covered but he was left completely wrong-footed by the ball’s change of direction.

That would have made Arsenal’s half-time refreshment taste all the sweeter and they emerged for the second half seemingly determined to take the game away from Celtic.

Van Persie slid a shot just past Boruc’s left-hand post after Arshavin had charged through the centre and picked out the Dutchman. Denilson curled a fine effort just wide seconds later and Van Persie was back in the thick of it soon afterwards, scuffing a shot off target.

Bendtner tried his luck too but, once again, Arsenal needed a stroke of luck to break down their opponents.

It came 20 minutes from time when Clichy sped down the left and arrowed a cross towards the six-yard box. Van Persie and Bendtner were lurking but they weren’t needed as Caldwell turned the ball past Boruc.

It was tough on the hosts but Arsenal were worth their lead. The goals had been fortuitous but they controlled possession and territory after the break.

“We’re all going on a European tour!” was the chant from the away end. They are probably right – but there is still work to be done back at the Emirates.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'I felt collectively we dominated the game'

On his side’s performance…
“I think it was a fierce battle. I felt collectively we dominated the game but Celtic were always willing, fighting and counter-attacking. In the end, despite being in control, we scored two lucky goals. It was a big fight tonight and we needed a strong Arsenal side to win the game. The crowd and players were absolutely up for it and I believe with an average performance we would not have won the game today.”

On the 2-0 advantage being “good enough”…
“We have a good advantage but it’s 180 minutes, we’re ahead after 90. When you want to go through you want to play well for 180 – that’s our purpose. We want to win the home game and of course qualify for the Group Stage. We are in a strong position and we now want to take advantage of that.

“I believe we have to make sure we win the game at home. It would not be serious to take that game in a non-serious way. It is a massive game, what is at stake is massive to us because we want to play with the best. Even with an advantage of two goals we want to finish the job at home.”

On deserving their good fortune…
“I believe we forced them to make one or two mistakes at the back. I conceded that we were lucky on the goals today but we had plenty of opportunities in the second half where we missed the final ball and final pass. I give credit to my team, even at 1-0 we didn’t drop off and we kept playing very high up and put them under pressure. That was a very positive attitude.”

On the special atmosphere at Parkhead…
“I felt, from my impression, that the atmosphere was outstanding. It’s even better than in the Premier League. People were fair and Celtic, for me, were well organised and I couldn’t see them ever give up, even at 2-0. It was always difficult for us to get the game going. Sometimes they made the foul they needed to make but overall I was impressed by their attitude.”

On Celtic’s highly-rated Aiden McGeady…
“He had a very good game. They surprised us a little bit at the start with Samaras and McGeady both through the middle. They played a lot of long balls but I believe we managed to deal well with that. what was very good on Celtic’s side was their defence played very well. He can certainly [play at the top clubs in England] yes. I believe it’s important to keep your good players here. Why do you always want them to go down to the south?”

On becoming the first English side to win at Celtic in almost 26 years…
“I believe we have a fantastic attitude, a great togetherness and we put relentless pressure on Celtic. We never let them establish a flow and we always disturbed their game very well.”

On Celtic and Rangers joining the Premier League…
“Well that’s not down to me to decide that. I believe Celtic and Rangers have to keep the Scottish League alive. That’s why they have to stay here.”

On the physical nature of the contest…
“I think there were some bad fouls. The referee took some time to intervene but afterwards he did it. We got sometimes some harsh treatment today.

“I’m very happy with the commitment of my team despite the physical approach of some Celtic players. I can understand that from Celtic’s point of view but what is more interesting for me is how we respond to that. I believe we did that well.”

On being surprised by how quickly Thomas Vermaelen has settled in…
“Yes I am surprised. He had a very long preparation and we saw he had the physical strength and the mentality to cope with it. When it’s needed he comes in. I believe he has a good mixture of physical, technical and it’s interesting to have a left-footed player because it gives you angles for the pass that are very important to the midfielders.”

On the performances of William Gallas and Alex Song…
“William was Fantastic. I believe again today he played very well. He is certainly in the best form of the last two years for me.

“In the last two games Song has played extremely well. He can win the fight, not only with physical strength but he has that sense to nick the ball from his opponent without giving away the foul. That’s a very interesting quality.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I am surprised by Vermaelen form

Arsène Wenger admits he is surprised by how quickly Thomas Vermaelen has settled at Arsenal.

The Belgian centre back moved from Ajax to Emirates Stadium in June and, like all foreign imports, was expected to take time before he came to terms with the hustle and bustle of English football. But Vermaelen put in a towering performance on his Premier League debut at Everton at the weekend and picked up where he left off when Arsenal faced Celtic in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

Vermaelen did not get on the scoresheet this time but the Belgian defender dealt comfortably with everything Celtic threw at him and his magnificent last-ditch challenge denied Scott Brown a golden opportunity to break the deadlock in the first half.

After the game, Wenger paid tribute to his big summer acquisition.

"I am surprised by him," he admitted. "Thomas had a very long preparation and we saw he had the physical strength and the mentality to cope with it. When it’s needed he comes in.

"I believe he has a good mixture of physical and technical [ability] and it’s interesting to have a left-footed player because it gives you angles for the pass that are very important to the midfielders."

Vermaelen's partnership with William Gallas has been one of the major plusses of Arsenal's early-season form. Wenger had plenty of praise for the French defender and the man who has shielded the back four at Everton and Celtic – midfielder Alex Song.

"William was fantastic," said the manager. "I believe again he played very well. He is certainly in the best form of the last two years for me.

“In the last two games Song has played extremely well too. He can win the fight, not only with physical strength but he has that sense to nick the ball from his opponent without giving away the foul. That’s a very interesting quality.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Vermaelen - Gallas has been key to my start

According to Thomas Vermaelen, the experience of William Gallas is partly to thank for the promising start to his Arsenal career.

The Belgian, who signed for the Gunners in June, marked an impressive debut alongside the Frenchman with a goal in Arsenal’s opening-day victory over Everton.

The burgeoning partnership continued at Parkhead on Tuesday with a clean sheet in Arsenal’s 2-0 Play-off Round first-leg victory over Celtic.

Speaking after the win, Vermaelen praised Gallas but did warn that there is still work to be done against the Scottish giants.

“He is very experienced,” the 23-year-old said. “For me it’s much easier to play in a side with him because of that.

“I have already learned a lot from him.

“For us as defenders it is very important [to keep clean sheets]. It was also a good result to win 2-0. It’s better than 1-0 of course and for us it’s important.

“But Celtic are still a good team and against Moscow [in the Third Qualifying Round] they lost at home 1-0 but then won 2-0 away. They are still in the race so we have to keep concentrating and play the same game we did today.”

With two wins from two and eight goals scored, confidence is sky-high in the Arsenal camp. But you won’t find Vermaelen getting carried away.

The Belgian, who is in line for his home debut on Saturday, believes it is now a case of maintaining standards.

“For me it’s a new game again and we have to concentrate again on that,” the defender said. “We have to start over again to win the three points at home.

“I have enjoyed the last two games a lot. I like the English way of football, the atmosphere and desire of it. For me I like it a lot and I like to play.

“I feel very pleased and we have a good team with good quality and I like the players. I’m settling in very well I think.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie - We want to fight for each other

Robin van Persie believes the togetherness in the Arsenal squad could propel them to success this season.

The Dutchman has played a leading role in the Club's flying start to the campaign, spear-heading a new three-pronged strike force at Everton in the Premier League and Celtic in Europe.

Arsène Wenger's side have scored eight times already and, although Van Persie has not netted himself, he has been part of a consummate collective effort.

Arsenal pressed their opponents all over the pitch at Goodison Park and Parkhead, and it's that camaraderie and willingness to work for each other which convinces the Dutchman that Arsenal are heading in the right direction.

"The season is still young but we have played two important games," Van Persie told Arsenal.com after Tuesday night’s Champions League win.

"I think we showed in both that we really want to fight for each other and if we can produce that every three or four days, we can make a big step forward. Hopefully then we can have a great season.

"Maybe being written off [in the media] brings the players a little closer together but we will see what happens," he added. "I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to make the 'enemy' cleverer than they are!

“But if you look at the first two games, we played well. Our targets are as high as last year and if we can stick together and stay together and work hard for each other, we can make it a good season."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Almunia - We have ironed out defensive flaws

Manuel Almunia believes that Arsenal are ironing out the defensive flaws which cost them a crack at the title last season.

A quick glance at the Premier League table told you exactly where Arsène Wenger's side went wrong last term. They matched Manchester United in the scoring department but conceded 37 times - 10 more than the champions.

Something had to be done and, according to Almunia, something has been done. The Spanish goalkeeper has conceded just once in two games at Everton and Celtic - and that was a stoppage-time consolation at Goodison Park. The 32-year-old feels more secure in goal and he puts that down to hard work on the training pitch this summer.

"I think everybody knows what we did last season, what mistakes we made," said Almunia after his clean sheet at Celtic. "Everyone knows what we had to improve and every single player is trying to do his best. We will put everything together and that's it.

"We had to improve our communication, our position on the pitch, we need to work as a unit, work as a team. Many, many things can be improved and at the moment, although it is only two games into the season, things are working really well. I feel very confident in the defence and I am relaxed.

"The whole team is defending well, not just the defenders. The midfielders are too and the strikers are defending all together.

"At the moment all the players are really fit and really focused and that is the key to a successful season. It is in the mind - every player has to think about what they are doing on the pitch. They have all the skills to be great players for Arsenal."

Thomas Vermaelen has earned plenty of plaudits for an outstanding start to his first campaign in English football and Almunia can see why. The Belgian centre back has taken to the Premier League like a duck to water and Arsenal's back four looks more robust and resolute as a result.

"Thomas has been a good signing for us, he's a very good player, a very good defender," said Almunia. "He has a good left foot, he is good in the air and is very competitive. Now he has to keep it going.

"He has been at the Club for a few months now and he is a very relaxed player, and that makes the people around him relaxed as well. Not only William but me, Gael and Bacary, we are all very confident about this player.

"He is a very tough player, a great defender. Kolo Toure was one of the best defenders at Arsenal over the last few years and I hope Thomas can reach the same level.

"He has good power in the air and in his legs. It is very early in the season to make any decisions about the player but at the moment he is responding very well. But it is not only him, the rest of the team is doing well too."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 4-1 Portsmouth

Barclays Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Saturday, August 22, 2009, 15:00

* Diaby 18, 22,
* Gallas 51,
* Ramsey 69

* Kaboul 37

Abou Diaby struck twice as Arsenal maintained their 100 per cent start to the season with an emphatic 4-1 win over Portsmouth at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

The Frenchman sidefooted in after 18 minutes and swept home another soon afterwards as Arsène Wenger’s side produced some sublime football in the first half.

They were pegged back by a header from Younes Kaboul just before the interval but a freak goal from William Gallas, his third in three games this term, and fourth from substitute Aaron Ramsey completed a satisfying afternoon for Arsène Wenger.

On paper this was the ‘gimme’ of Arsenal's teak-tough start to the 2009-10 campaign and, in fairness, the home side were always in control. But had they been off-par then an energetic, dogged Portsmouth outfit may have pushed them all the way.

However it never came to that; this was Diaby’s and Arsenal’s day. They completed the task with diligence and bought their goal tally to 12 goals in three games.

If they can see off Celtic on Wednesday in similar fashion then Wenger’s men can look forward to greater challenges ahead this season with real confidence.

The main news before kick-off was all about Eduardo. The Croatian had featured in four games last season and cameoed at Everton last weekend but this was his first Premier League start since that fateful day at Birmingham on February 23, 2008. The 26-year-old took up a role on the left side of the front three. Robin van Persie replaced Nicklas Bendtner at the pinnacle and Andrey Arshavin was on the right.

There were three further changes from the midweek win at Celtic. Emmanuel Eboue, Kieran Gibbs and Diaby came in for Bacary Sagna, Gael Clichy and Alex Song respectively.

As usual, Portsmouth were backed by their boisterous, bell-ringing supporters. However their Club were perceived to be tethered by takeover talks and in real danger of relegation. Their early season performances had not really backed up that notion but they could surely do without facing a rampant Arsenal this afternoon. But then who could?

Eight goals and two stirring wins were celebrated with 60,000 twirling scarves before kick-off. The Club had arranged for one to be left on every seat and the supporters waved them with gusto as their side came out. The home team soon adjusted their play to the party atmosphere.

In the opening seconds, Diaby found a fraction of space on the right only to dally and allow the recovering Nadir Belhadj to deflect the ball over the bar.

It was the sign of things to come in the first 15 minutes – incessant Arsenal pressure but without real focus. Arshavin rolled a shot wide in the ninth minute and the home side forced a flurry of corners but David James should have been called into greater action before Arsenal took the lead in the 18th minute.

Eduardo collected the ball on the left, nudged it one side of Marc Wilson then cheekily raced around the other side to collect near the byline. The striker steadied himself before rolling a pass into the path of the onrushing Diaby, who sidefooted a powerful shot into the roof of the net. It was inventive, incisive Arsenal at their best.

And there was more to come. Within a couple of minutes it was 2-0 thanks to a classic counter-attack. Portsmouth had a free-kick that was headed clear by Diaby. He then roared forward as Arsenal broke and, by the time Fabregas had clipped a pass to Eboue on the right who squared the ball into the area, the Frenchman was on the penalty spot and able to sweep home a second.

Simple but brilliant football.

Arsenal were now threatening goals with every attack. A combination of Denilson and Fabregas somehow missed a low Fabregas cross in the following minutes. After that Arshavin nearly wriggled through, Van Persie produced an airshot when well-placed and Diaby tried his luck from distance.

On the half-hour, Kanu set up John Utaka at the near post but his shot was blocked by Eboue. However Arsenal were looking irresistible this afternoon and Van Persie replied with a deft control outside the area followed by a cute, curling shot that required all of James’ massive frame to tip the ball away.

The England keeper was similarly stretched in the 36th minute when Van Persie’s free-kick deflected off the wall and seemed destined for the top corner.

It was not exactly one-way traffic. Portsmouth were attacking with intent, but Arsenal seemed full of goals this afternoon. So Portsmouth’s strike, while not exactly a bolt from the blue, was entirely against the run of play.

The home side failed to clear a corner and Belhadj floated a cross to the far post where Kaboul bundled a header home. It was an old-fashioned goal and referee Steve Bennett allowed old-fashioned contact with Manuel Almunia in letting it stand.

The strike was a blow but Arsenal still had a strut about them. Van Persie shimmied himself free in the area two minutes from the whistle only to see his shot saved by the feet of James.

Fabregas felt his hamstring tighten at half-time and was replaced by Ramsey.

There was nearly a more significant change in the scoreline immediately after the restart. First Utaka went one-on-one with Gallas at the back and then went tumbling. If referee Bennett had ruled a foul against the Arsenal man then he was off. Fortunately he did not.

Seconds later Frederic Piquionne pounced on Gibbs’ indecision only to fire into the sidenetting. A decent chance.

They would be made to pay in bizarre circumstances as Arsenal extended their lead in the 51st minute.

Arshavin played over the free-kick, Van Persie flicked on, Vermaelen slid in at the far post but could only find Gallas, who kicked the ball into his own face and into the net.

The French centre back has scored in each of the opening three games but the last two have been laced with good fortune.

Arsenal were now searching for a goal to set the points in concrete. Eduardo shot straight at James while Van Persie had numerous chances to grab a fourth. However Portsmouth were refusing to lie down and only the timely intervention from Gibbs prevented Piquionne reducing the arrears midway through the half.

In the 69th minute, Arsenal did find their fourth when Van Persie split the Portsmouth defence and Ramsey raced through to slot home.

Wenger felt safe enough to substitute Arshavin and Eduardo for Bendtner and Fran Merida. Though just after making the changes Diaby picked up a knock that left the Arsenal midfielder ‘walking wounded’ for the next 10 minutes. Portsmouth were barely any better off with James having to be replaced by rookie Asmir Begovic.

To his credit, Piquionne had not given up. In the closing stages he shot straight at Almunia and then set up Utaka to sidefoot wide.

But the points belonged to Arsenal.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas to miss Wednesday night’s clash

Cesc Fabregas will not face Celtic on Wednesday night.

The Arsenal captain picked up a hamstring strain against Portsmouth on Saturday and was withdrawn at half-time. Fabregas underwent a scan on the injured muscle on Tuesday morning.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Arsène Wenger described the scan results as "reassuring" but confirmed he will miss Wednesday night's clash.

"From last Saturday we lost Cesc Fabregas who did not train today" the manager said.

"His scan was quite reassuring as he has no muscular strain but it will take a few days to settle down.

"There's a chance he'll be fit for Old Trafford."

Seite 32 von 41 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
Gewinnspiele
2000 € Bundesliga-Torschütz
en Meisterschaft 23/24

von grottenoli - 26/04/2024 17:52
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von pik7 - 26/04/2024 06:37
UMFRAGE EM-Torschützen Cup
von dragoon - 25/04/2024 13:12
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 05/04/2024 20:19
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
16 members (grottenoli, AllesSuper, Hackentrick, Bambi, BjoernT4Y, kafi112, Haiefan, dragoon, ghk225, Bartho01), 2,676 Gäste, und 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 102
pik7 69
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,443
Beiträge121,478
Mitglieder3,865
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM