bet365
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
pyriel, Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer
3,865 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 8 von 41 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Flamini - This Arsenal side has no limits now

Champions League
AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal

Mathieu Flamini believes there is no limit to what Arsenal can achieve in the wake of their magnificent 2-0 victory at Milan on Tuesday.

In tandem with Cesc Fabregas, the Frenchman dominated the centre of the park as Arsène Wenger's side not only reached the Quarter-Finals but became the first English side to beat the Rossoneri at the San Siro.

[Linked Image]

Now Flamini feels the footballing world is their oyster.

"I'm going to say there's no limit [to how far we can go]," said the midfielder, 24 on Friday. "There are no limits because we are playing the Champions League to win it. We are playing the Premier League to win it too. So we are going to concentrate now. As you saw in the last two games to concentrate is very important at a very high level.

"Before this game everybody said that Arsenal was a young side with less experience. It's true we have less experience than Milan but we proved to everyone we have more experience [than people think].

"Two years ago we went to the Champions League Final. A lot of our players were in that team and we have added quality to that. We are stronger, we have more experience so I'm sure we will do a good job in the Champions League from now on."

There was a sense that Arsenal's entire season was in the balance on Tuesday night. They had seen their lead in the Premier League cut to one point and were facing a side that had reached the Final in three of the last five years.

"Of course to come here and beat the Champions League holders [is a boost]," said Flamini. "It was a great team performance. The spirit was fantastic especially in difficult moments. It made a difference. Everyone did a great job. We were all working for each other.

"I think we could have won the game in the first half because we had a lot of opportunities to score a goal and were a bit unlucky. But we pushed and pushed and pushed and finally we scored in the last 10 minutes. I think we deserved our victory.

"We were not especially nervous going into the game. It's true it was a little bit frustrating because on a big occasion like that if you cannot score then, at the end, you are under a little bit of pressure.

"But we knew we had the quality to score. In the first leg we had a lot of opportunities but didn't score. Tonight we did it, we pushed until the last minute and even scored a second one so overall it is a great victory, especially to come here in the San Siro. We are the first English team to win here at AC Milan. Now we are just going to enjoy this victory."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Adebayor - If we can beat Milan, we can beat anybody

[Linked Image]
AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal

If Arsenal can beat Milan, they can beat anybody. That was Emmanuel Adebayor's conclusion after the Togo striker helped Arsène Wenger's side to a famous victory at the San Siro on Tuesday night.

The 24-year-old slotted home Theo Walcott's low cross in stoppage time to complete a deserved 2-0 win after Cesc Fabregas had fired Arsenal ahead in the 84th minute. Adebayor's goal also broke his duck in the competition and made up for that gilt-edged stoppage-time miss in the first leg at Emirates Stadium a fortnight ago.

Adebayor left Milan with his reputation enhanced and his belief sky-high. Having seen off the European champions, Adebayor believes Arsenal are a match for any team.

"Beating this Milan team means we can beat every single team in the world," said Adebayor.

"Now we've got that in our heads we can let ourselves go. We took control of the game really well defensively and we showed that we have a good team spirit."

"We came here to qualify and actually doing it is something really special.

"My goal was a simple goal, right in front of the posts. It was probably the easiest goal I've ever scored but it's also the most important I've scored in my whole career."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Flamini - I want to be a part of new generation bluebang

Champions League
AC Milan 0-2 Arsenal

Mathieu Flamini wants to seal a new deal with Arsenal so he can be part of the Club's "new generation" and "make history".

The French midfielder showed why he is the most improved player in English football with a magnificent display in the 2-0 win at Milan on Tuesday night.

The performance only heightened the urgency with which Arsène Wenger will want to secure Flamini's services. The former Marseille man is out of contract in the summer and has been able to talk to other teams since the turn of the year. However the player has no intention of leaving.

"Like I have said before I am very happy here," said Flamini. "Every game I give more than
100 per cent and I love playing for this team. We are a new generation, we have to create a new history. I want to be part of this history so I hope I will be here for next season.

"At the moment my advisers they are talking with the Club so I really hope that everything will be OK. I cannot put a time on it. But I really want to stay here.

"Yes, Milan was a great game and I have more and more confidence now. But what is important for a player is to play and I am playing and game after game I am becoming more and more confident. I want to take more responsibility.

"I don't know if Milan was my best performance [for Arsenal] but my job is to work hard for the players who are a little bit more offensive than me. We are a team who are always going forward so it's very important to protect the defence, especially against a player like Kaka who was going forward very quickly so I was trying to protect the defenders.

"Yes my job was to keep him quiet, boss the midfield and win the maximum amount of balls to pass to Cesc and Alex because they are a little bit more offensive than me."

On Friday, Flamini reaches the grand old age of 24. Typically, the only present on his birthday list is three points on Sunday.

"It will be fantastic if we win at Wigan. We have to finish the job. It's fantastic to play in the Champions League and beat AC Milan but to come back in the Premier League to go to Wigan is not going to be easy. It's a tough game."

UNTERSCHREIB!!!!

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Barclays Premier League

From Milan to Wigan, Arsenal's desire will be exactly the same this season.

Arsène Wenger made that confident prediction ahead of his side's trip to the North-West on Sunday. After a stunning 2-0 win at the San Siro in midweek there is the potential for a massive slip-up this weekend - and not just because of the reported state of the pitch at the JJB Stadium.

Arsenal have seen their advantage over Manchester United at the top of the Premier League cut to just one point in recent weeks. In fact, there was a concern that the Emirates Stadium side may be wobbling when they travelled to Italy on Monday. However they came back with a win so uplifting that the rest of Arsenal's season might be able to ride upon it.

That said, the last time Arsenal returned from Europe with similar buoyancy - a wonderful 1-0 win at Real Madrid in 2006 - they also went up the M6 and were beaten 1-0 at Blackburn. Wenger's side can ill-afford a draw, let alone a defeat, on Sunday, especially as Manchester United will be otherwise engaged in the FA Cup.

However, when he spoke to the media on Thursday, Wenger was quick to point out the consistency and desire of his players this season - whatever the venue.

"We are up for it because along with Inter [and Bayern] we are the only side in Europe that has lost only one game this season," said the Frenchman.

"This team hasn’t an artificial hunger; they are really hungry for success and that's why I have believed in them since the start of the season. And that's why sometimes we are a bit excessive sometimes because we are not artificial in our desire to be successful.

"There's a good team bonding and a good team spirit. Of course Gallas is the captain and the experienced players have a little bit more to say but everybody is always very highly focussed and concerned."

Abou Diaby (calf) and Theo Walcott (thigh) have been added to the injury list since the midweek game. Robin van Persie was on duty in Milan but did not come off the bench. He played an hour in a behind-closed-doors game with Colorado Rapids on Thursday but may not be risked from the start this weekend. Kolo Toure (calf) and Alex Song (knee) have a minor possibility of coming back. Eduardo (broken leg) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring) definitely miss out.

Wigan have been struggling against the drop all season. However two wins and a draw in their last four games have put some daylight between them and the drop zone. They are up to 14th, their highest position since the start of October.

"It will be a big test because they play not to go down,” said Wenger. “We expect a big commitment. They are under pressure like we are under pressure, so we are both in the same conditions.

"I've heard from reporters that their pitch is not like the Emirates. But I like England because to be champions here you have to go from Milan to Wigan - and win the game. It's a completely different kind of game but you have to find always a response to what you face.

“That's real quality for me."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Trophies are not everything to me

Trophies are not the only things that Arsène Wenger wants his team to win. The Arsenal manager wants the hearts, minds, admiration and respect of the football community.

With two months left in the season, the Frenchman is closing in on his two main targets — the Premier League and the Champions League. Should he lift either, it will end a three-year wait for silverware.

However, speaking at Thursday’s press conference, the Arsenal manager explained why that hiatus did not hang heavy on his shoulders. He wants victory, yes, but victory with integrity.

“I try to do my job as well as I can,” said Wenger. “If it’s not good enough people will tell me. But I don't feel under more pressure to win trophies this year than any other year.

“I know people who have won trophies and I don’t rate them at all. I can give you examples of people who have won 100-metre medals in the Olympic Games and they have cheated. I know people in football who have done exactly the same, you look at the history of football.

“What is important for me is to do things in a fair way and in a way that people will enjoy. Of course, a trophy is what you can show but what remains is not only the trophy but the way you play, the way you behave.

“Winning can never be everything,” he went on. “And to destroy people can never be everything. I do not understand those who come out to destroy people. That is not what life is about. Why should you always have to kill other people to exist? If you do that then, somewhere, you feel you are not good enough.

“It's like you say to me you kick everybody off the park and at the end of the season you win a trophy. To win trophies is important but it is not the only thing in sport.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - English clubs can dominate Europe

It is possible that half of this season's Champions League Quarter-Finalists will come from England. Arsène Wenger believes that demonstrates the strength of the game in this country right now. However, at the same time, the Arsenal manager has warned the Premier League about the dangers of self-satisfaction.

Wenger's men booked their place in the last eight of Europe's top competition with a stunning 2-0 win in Milan on Tuesday. Manchester United and Chelsea are also through while Liverpool are likely to follow them as they hold a 2-0 lead from their first leg with Inter.

The Arsenal manager feels that a period of English dominance is on the way.

"I am convinced of that," he said at Thursday's press conference. "It is down to the fact that the Premier League is so hard. Many good players now play in England but the pace of the game has stayed the same. So the physical demands are very hard and that's why we will find another English club in the Final this year.

"Of course I cannot be certain of that but I believe it. You have maybe four clubs out of the eight. Unless the four play against each other you have a big chance to have another English club in the Final."

However, before anyone starts patting themselves on the back, Wenger sent out this warning.

"It can change quickly if some other countries develop quicker," he said. "And the quality of your decisions can change quickly too. Fifteen years ago France was dominant a little bit, Italy was super-dominant, then France, then Spain, now England. It changes quickly.

"Somebody from Spain called me and said Real Madrid have not reached the Quarter-Finals for four consecutives years now. And they invested 575m Euros in that time. So it's never guaranteed and it's not only down to money, it is down to good decisions."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report
Barclays Premier League

Wigan Athletic

Arsenal

Arsenal came away with a solitary point and a sense of frustration following their visit to Wigan Athletic on Sunday.

The draw does extend their lead in the Premier League to two points but Manchester United now have a game in hand.

Wigan keeper Chris Kirkland had to save superbly from Emmanuel Adebayor after only 45 seconds and would have to pull off three more fine stops in a game the visitors bossed, including one from Cesc Fabregas in the final seconds of normal time.

It would be wrong to say Arsenal were suffering from a Champions League hangover. Their performance was not that bad and a dogged Wigan side gave them similar problems at Emirates Stadium earlier in the season.

The heavy, muddy pitch was much more of a factor as Arsenal struggled to put their familiar slick style into practice. Even the returns of Kolo Toure and Robin van Persie could not lift the game.

It was a disappointing - but not decisive afternoon - for Wenger's side.

The Frenchman's only changes from the San Siro were enforced. Abou Diaby had collected a calf injury during that game while Emmanuel Eboue was seeing out the last game of the three-match suspension he had picked up for that red card at Manchester United in the FA Cup Fifth Round defeat.

Their replacements were Nicklas Bendtner, whose selection up front saw Alex Hleb drop back to the left-side of midfield, and Gilberto. The Brazilian was making his 29th appearance of the season, 14 of which had been as a substitute. Somewhat surprisingly, Wenger accommodated Gilberto in central midfield alongside Mathieu Flamini and Cesc Fabregas was moved out the right.

However there was brighter news on the bench with Kolo Toure and Alex Song back after injury. Van Persie was again named as a substitute having been unused at Milan.

The state of the Wigan pitch had been a talking point before kick-off. Certainly it was muddy and still bore the markings of the last Wigan Warriors Rugby League game it had hosted. At least the expected rain had not arrived to make matters any worse. However the surface would be a factor throughout the game.

That said, Arsenal should have taken the lead right from the whistle. Only 45 seconds had elapsed when an astute pass from Fabregas sent Adebayor through. The Togolese striker outpaced the home defence but Kirkland rushed the edge of his area and blocked wonderfully.

The visitors started the game well and, early on, seemed determined to stick to their passing principles. After five minutes, Adebayor and Bendtner combined adroitly but Melchiot had shadowed the latter all the way and managed to pull off a sliding block.

In the 10th minute Flamini nipped in front of Michael Brown for Bendtner, who had an excellent first half, to trickle a shot wide.

However Wigan are a resilient side under Steve Bruce and, in recent games, have scrapped their way clear of the danger zone. They relied on the same qualities to drag themselves back into this afternoon's game.
Antonio Valencia fooled Clichy on the right and cut inside for Wilson Palacios to blunder a shot wide when he should have done better. Then, just before the half-hour, Wigan had claims for a penalty when Michael Brown's drive cannoned back off the Arsenal defence.

However, most of the quality was coming from the visitors. In the 36th minute Clichy threw a cross into the area and Fabregas sent in an angled header. It did not have power but it was directed just inside the post. Kirkland stretched himself to his right to make his second fine save of the game.

As the half-time whistle blew, Arsenal went down the tunnel fully aware that they would need the same brand of tenacity they had shown at the San Siro, albeit with a different style of football.

The visitors nearly got the goal they deserved twice within five minutes of the restart. Firstly, Clichy's long free-kick was knocked down by Kirkland to Adebayor on the edge of the area but the keeper recovered to make another fine save. Then Fabregas and Hleb spurned chances to convert when the ball ran loose in the Wigan area.

However, yet again, the home side responded. The front running of Marlon King forced William Gallas to collide with Manuel Almunia as the keeper came out to clear. Just before the hour, substitute Antoine Sibierski crossed from the right and Jason Koumas' deflected shot trickled just wide.

[Linked Image]

Suddenly the game had found some life and Wigan were playing their part. In the 63rd minute, Valencia's vicious curling drive forced Almunia into his first major action of the match.

Two minutes later, Wenger brought on Toure and Van Persie for Gilberto and Bendtner. The Dutchman, making his first appearance since January, went up front but the Ivorian slotted in the right of midfield.

The changes had no immediate effect and, after Valencia sent a drive in the area following good work from Melchiot, the first signs of real urgency started to the visitors' game.

Van Persie sent a free-kick high over the bar and, with seven minutes left, thumped an effort over the bar when well-placed. In a move entirely out of keeping with the game, the final minutes were frantic and incisive. With two minutes left, Fabregas shot straight at Kirkland after Adebayor had put him through. At the other end, the Spaniard screwed a clearance over his own bar in injury time then a thumping drive from Koumas was blocked.

Arsenal will feel this was two precious points dropped, the reaction of the Wigan fans at the end told you everything about the one they gained.

But there is still time for Wenger's men to recover.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi

'We prepared for a difficult pitch but still had the chances'

Wigan Athletic 0-0 Arsenal
Barclays Premier League

On the pitch...
"If you asked me if I would like a better pitch then I say yes. Wigan fought very well and I don't want to take anything away from their performance. But frankly the pitch is a disaster. It is disrespectful for the fans who come and pay money to see the game."

On whether there is an excuse for it...
"The excuse is they have a rugby team who play on the pitch. Unless the groundsman is sick, I don't know."

On the nature of the game...
"It was a difficult game and we were focussed. We prepared ourselves mentally to face a difficult pitch and we still had the chances to win the game. Overall we did what we could and gave everything. We had a serious defensive game and we did not give any chances away. Wigan deserve credit too because they fought very hard."

On the belief Wigan gained as the game went on...
"As we did not score the first goal they did not come out. They jumped off their seats with 0-0 at 90 minutes. They were happy with a point. We did score and as long you do not score you are in danger of conceding and them not coming out at the back."

On coming down from the win at Milan...
"It is an anti-climax when you go from Milan to Wigan. And we prepared for that. It is normal because there's the glamour of a Champions League game when you play against one of the biggest side in the world. Then five days later you play against a team who fights not to go down. It is normal. I don't think that is offending Wigan. It is just the normal life of the a team who are going for the Champions League and the Premier League. We have to deal with that, it is not an excuse. We did what we could. We just lacked the spark in the final third, Wigan defended well and Kirkland did the rest."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Edelman - Our style will help keep our stars

Barclays Premier League

Keith Edelman believes that Arsenal's style of play will help to keep their young stars at the club.

The only downside of that wonderful win at the San Siro last week is that it will have alerted Europe's top sides to the talent emerging at Emirates Stadium. As Managing Director, Mr Edelman holds Arsenal's purse strings, including the funds available to improve contracts, but he believes the footballing environment at a Club is sometimes more important to a player than a few more percentage points on his salary.

[Linked Image]

"I think we do play with a unique style," he said. "There is more to life than just money and a lot of our players like being here. These kinds of players want to play that way.

"The club is very stable. We've always delegated the playing side to Arsène and he has always had a lot of freedom there. In a lot of other clubs, there is not as much clear water as there is at Arsenal."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - It was like 'cycling with one pedal'

Barclays Premier League

Arsène Wenger did his best to prepare his side for the pitch at the JJB Stadium on Sunday but it was still like "cycling with one pedal".

Arsenal were the better side against Wigan and certainly had enough chances to win. However the muddy surface certainly affected the visitors' brand of passing football. The single point they gleaned gives them a two-point advantage on Manchester United but Sir Alex Ferguson's side now have a game in hand.

"The pitch did not help Wigan or us," said Wenger. "It is not a professional football pitch.

"We were focused and prepared to adapt. We knew the pitch was not that good. But it is still a handicap. If I give you a bike with one pedal you can still focus and prepare to adapt but you will still not be quicker than with two pedals. That is logic.

"I don't think the Champions League was a problem. We played a good Wigan side who are going through a good patch.

"Maybe it was a good point, maybe it was a bad point. We'll see that at the end of the season but now we want to come back to winning habits straight away."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We must remain calm and determined

Barclays Premier League

Arsène Wenger has called on his side to remain calm during their current "unlucky patch".

Sunday's stalemate at Wigan was Arsenal's third Premier League draw on a row. Their lead at the top is now two points and Manchester United have a game in hand.

"It is tighter than ever," admitted Wenger afterwards. "We dropped two points today and we are going through a patch at the moment, we are a bit unlucky I feel. But the team is still focused. We want to remain calm and determined then we'll have a very good chance to do it."

Certainly the visitors deserved all three points at the JJB Stadium, as they had at Birmingham City at fortnight ago. Wenger believes it is difficult to face relegation-threatened sides at this stage of the season.

"When you fight against teams who fight not to go down - like we did at Birmingham - they never give up," he said.

"If you do not make a difference early on then you are always under threat because if that happens the more their belief and determination grows during the game."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Flamini - Players have to be ready for a title fight now

Barclays Premier League

Mathieu Flamini refuses to blame the pitch for Arsenal's draw at Wigan on Sunday.

There was plenty of 'surface tension' at the JJB Stadium over the weekend as Arsène Wenger's side saw their title hopes hit by a goalless game played out in difficult conditions.

However Flamini's words afterwards were as no-nonsense as his performance. Yes, the pitch and the midweek trip to Milan were a factor but, he said, "when you want to win the title you have to be ready to fight".

[Linked Image]

"Of course, it is very frustrating," the 24-year-old commented. "We gave a lot on Tuesday and had to give a lot again at Wigan. It was not easy because it was difficult conditions. But it was important to stay focused defensively and offensively. I think we missed a little bit although we were unlucky.

"The pitch was horrible but what can you say? It was the same for both teams. Of course we like to play and we had to play more long balls so it was more difficult for us.

"But you cannot moan. You just have to score goals and we didn't so now we have to work harder in training and be ready for Middlesbrough [on Saturday].

"It's always difficult especially after big games like Milan, you need to be 200 per cent concentrated. But we had five days to recover.

"We missed a little bit in the final part. But it's like that sometimes. We have the quality and we are strong so we just have to keep going."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Van Persie can make a difference

Barclays Premier League

A fit and fresh Robin van Persie can make a difference in the closing stages of Arsenal’s season, according to Arsène Wenger.

Before his substitute appearance against Wigan on Sunday, the Dutchman had played only three games for the Club since October - the last of which came in January in the Carling Cup Semi-Final first leg against Tottenham.

[Linked Image]

Now convinced that Van Persie’s problems are behind him, Wenger believes the striker can reignite Arsenal’s title charge after three successive Premier League draws.

“He can make a difference,” said the Frenchman, talking before Sunday’s match. “How much? I don’t know. He has played eight games, we have played 28. To have him back for the last 10 would be patience rewarded.

“[Before he was injured] he played eight games and scored five goals. When you lose a player like that you think of course we are in trouble but we compensated well.”

And what of Van Persie’s thoughts?

“He is desperate to come back and do well,” concluded Wenger.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Flamini and Fabregas are the best

Barclays Premier League

Arsène Wenger rates Cesc Fabregas and Mathieu Flamini as his finest midfield partnership in more than 11 years at the Arsenal helm.

That is a bold statement from a man who nurtured the Patrick Vieira-Emmanuel Petit axis soon after arriving in North London in 1996. The French duo were a driving force behind Arsenal's Double triumph in 1998 and helped their country to World Cup glory the same year.

Fabregas has been a fixture in Arsenal's midfield since Vieira left for Juventus in 2005 but this is Flamini's first season as a regular after waiting patiently for his chance. Nonetheless, Wenger believes that the current incumbents have the edge on their illustrious midfield predecessors.

[Linked Image]

"Yes, this is the best partnership," said the Arsenal manager.

"Going forward they [Fabregas and Flamini] are technically good and very mobile. Before we had players with impact and now the players' strength is in mobility.

"Maybe they are less physically strong in the challenge than Vieira and Petit but they have a good understanding and they cover each other well."

Fans and pundits alike were urging Wenger to invest in an established midfielder after the departure of Vieira three years ago but the Frenchman stuck to his guns and stuck with his young Gunners. Fabregas, and now Flamini, have benefited from Wenger's policy and the Frenchman feels vindicated.

"We build a team over years being very restrictive about our spending and you are only rewarded if you can keep the team together," said Wenger.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I'll keep faith with squad in summer

Arsène Wenger will stick with his usual cautious spending pattern over the summer.

The Arsenal manager has slowly built up his current squad in recent seasons and, this term, he has been rewarded with a sustained title chase. The Frenchman has funds available to buy when the transfer window opens once more at the end of the current campaign but he will only spend within budget and, as ever, his priority is continuity.

"I will keep faith [with them] because we have worked hard for what we have now," said Wenger speaking before the weekend.

"I have said many times, the real target of a manager is to find the balance with what comes in and what goes out and build a team with these restrictions. It is to do well with the funds available.

"We have money because we made money and we made money because we made the right decisions. I believe a football team is not about buying and selling. It is about building, patience, working together and going through a growing process.

"Also it is enjoyable now to see the team coming slowly up and see how well they can do."

That said, Wenger IS prepared to spend big but, he argues, his decision to invest in youngsters a few years ago means that, so far, he has not had to.

"I would have to be completely convinced that it is right and not stupid for the future of the Club," he said.

"But I am in a position where I anticipated the years to come and I prepared for it. [So] I have never been in a situation where I needed to take a big gamble like that."

Wett-Titan
Wett-Titan
Letzter Beitrag : 03/13/08 11:12 AM

Braumi - lebt Arsenal noch ?

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Jo, klar Rabi

musste das AUS in CL und Meisterschaft erstmal verkraften! wink

ne, spass bei seite, hatte viel um die ohren und dann einfach nicht mehr wieder angefangen...

ransü hat mich in der Shoutbox auch grad gerügt...

ich gelobe besserung :verneigen

K
Wett-Titan
Wett-Titan
K
War keine Rüge, nur ne neugierige Frage. Is doch einer der interessantesten Ordner hier unten. nod

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal to launch new website in the summer

Arsenal Football Club has commissioned award winning digital agency Rippleffect to re-launch its official website.

The new website is due to be unveiled in the summer of 2008 and will be hosted by NTT Europe Online, part of leading hosting company NTT Communications.

The new website embraces a variety of web 2.0 features including Podcasts, Vodcasts, RSS feeds, social bookmarking, multi-media and user-generated content services.

Rippleffect is developing and testing the new website in full accordance with Web Accessibility Initiative guidelines and Disability Discrimination Act legislation. The new site also makes more use of a white design to increase the usability and readability of key information.

[Linked Image]

A user group of Arsenal fans has been testing the early site development, with 100% of those polled giving the new Arsenal.com design the thumbs up.

The user group had the following to say about the new site:

"The new website seems more interactive, better presented and easier to navigate."

"The switch to a white background makes it a lot easier to read."

"It's well set out and easy to use."

"I especially like the new ticket information section."

i´ll be back wink

Zuletzt bearbeitet von braumi; 18/04/2008 15:36.

Richard B Fan
Wettprofi
Richard B Fan
Wettprofi
Ursprünglich gepostet von Karl Ranseier
War keine Rüge, nur ne neugierige Frage. Is doch einer der interessantesten Ordner hier unten. nod

Einspruch! Tischtennis ist interessanter aetsch

K
Wett-Titan
Wett-Titan
K
Der Unterschied zwischen "der interessanteste" und "einer der interessantesten" ist dir aber schon klar, Hörr Spöncörrr?! saufen

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report
Barclays Premier League

Arsenal

Adebayor 30, Gilberto 38

Reading

While some have suggested Arsenal's side needs major surgery before next season, this straightforward yet satisfying victory suggests they may be able to heal their own wounds.

After the drama and disappointment of recent weeks, Arsène Wenger's team needed a game where the points gained reflected the performance put in. That is pretty much what happened against Reading at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.

Arsenal were a little sluggish at the start but once Emmanuel Adebayor put them ahead on 30 minutes they never looked back. Gilberto added another just before the break with a deflected shot (oh for such good fortune in the past fortnight) but the home side were well worthy of their advantage.

Reading looked haunted by relegation and Theo Walcott ran them ragged. Robin van Persie might have added a third after the break when his free-kick hit both post and bar.

The visitors mounted something of a response in the final 10 minutes but it was much too little and much too late.

The last time Arsenal won a Premier League game at home was back February 11 when they beat Blackburn by the same scoreline. Then they were five points clear of Manchester United. This victory put then six behind having played a game more.

[Linked Image]

There is a bitter-sweet irony in the fact that Arsenal cruised through this game and came away easy winners when at Liverpool and Manchester United they played much better only to lose.

While Wenger's side will be ultimately judged on the big games this season, ahead of this fixture the manager had said the next campaign would start today.

On the evidence of this afternoon, there is plenty of quality left in this Arsenal outfit.

Wenger made just one change from the side beaten at Old Trafford last Sunday. Walcott came in on the right side of the midfield and Emmanuel Eboue dropped to bench. Jens Lehmann continued between the posts, in front of him Alex Song continued at centre half and, in front of him, Gilberto continued in central midfield.

Arsenal's injury list was Justin Hoyte (hamstring), Bacary Sagna, Mathieu Flamini (both ankle), Eduardo (broken leg) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring). Abou Diaby was seeing out the last game of his suspension but it was good to see Denilson named on the bench after seven weeks out with a hamstring injury.

It was a bitterly cold April afternoon at Emirates Stadium but, while Arsenal had a distinctly end-of-season feel about them, Reading had fallen towards the drop zone in alarming fashion in recent weeks. Steve Coppell's side would surely look to capitalise on any wandering minds in the home side.

The early moments of class came from Alex Hleb. First, he set Gael Clichy clear on the left only for the full back to be brought down. Then he released Cesc Fabregas through the centre but, pursued by two visiting defenders, the Spaniard could only poke a stumbling effort at keeper Marcus Hahnemann.

Reading's only threat in the opening quarter came when Liam Rosenior floated over a free-kick from the left and, though Lehmann caught the ball cleanly, he got bundled over by Andre Bikey.

Generally the opening stages had been flat and featureless. The most dramatic moment came after 20 minutes when Ivar Ingimarsson, under pressure from Walcott, miscued a clearance over the head of Hahnemann. The American recovered as the ball bounced towards goal.

The England striker was starting to sparkle. He nearly reached Van Persie's corner with his head and then raced onto Gallas' ball through but his clever cutback was cleared.

Arsenal were starting to exert serious pressure. Van Persie whipped in a vicious free-kick that Hahnemann scooped around the post. From the resulting corner, Song steered a header wide from six yards out.

In the end, the opening goal was simplicity itself. On 29 minutes, Toure clipped in a cross from the right, Adebayor evaded Ibrahima Sonko just outside the area and slotted home his 21st goal in all competitions past the helpless Hahnemann. It was no more than the home side deserved.

Almost immediately, Arsenal nearly got a second. Toure reached the byline and slid a low ball cross the area. Fabregas, also sliding, just failed to meet it.

The respite would be short as, in the 38th minute, Arsenal did score again. Fabregas, who had enjoyed an excellent first half, teed up Gilberto and the Brazilian's drive was diverted in via the head of Bikey. A rare piece of the luck for Wenger's men.

Freed from their title-chasing shackles and comfortably in front, Arsenal began to turn on the style. Adebayor reached the byline and his cutback was met by the galloping Van Persie but Hanhemann saved low to his right. Then the American blocked Toure's shot at the near post and Gilberto's daisy-cutter.

The statistics told the tale of the game at the break. In the first 45 minutes, Arsenal had enjoyed 70 per cent of possession and were totally on top.

For once, the scoreline reflected their domination.

Reading were fighting for their Premier League future and a response was expected. They did stem some of Arsenal's flow after the restart but, at the same time, the home side might have extended their lead in the opening minutes.

Walcott tried to chip Hahnemann after the keeper went wandering, Van Persie had a close-range effort blocked following a scramble in the area.

Just before the hour, Eboue replaced Toure. The latter went straight down the tunnel after he
left the pitch, suggesting he had picked up a knock.

Reading were not chancing their arm like you might have expected and, really, Arsenal were playing in second gear. In the 68th minute Fabregas nodded over from Walcott's dinked cross. The Englishman was still catching the eye and his pace always troubled the visiting defenders.

Sonko brought him down soon afterwards and Van Persie's incredible free-kick hit the bar and then the post before bouncing out to safety.

Just after that, Fabregas shuffled into the area and Walcott sidefooted a shot onto the bar.

Finally Reading began to push forward. Bobby Convey saw an effort tipped over and substitute Michael Duberry might have scrambled the ball in from a corner. But Walcott went clear and should have scored, Van Persie had another shot blocked then finally Fabregas saw an effort cleared off the line.

The best chance Arsenal had to add a third came in injury time when Gilberto burst through with Reading claiming offside. The Brazilian was almost surprised himself to be allowed to run on but replays proved the decision to be correct.

His shot was weak and woeful but it was the final act of an Arsenal performance that had shown exactly the opposite qualities.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Nike live - The Cesc Fabregas Show

On May 13 2008, Cesc will be joined by the boss, Matt Lucas and some of football's finest in a one-off TV event.

The Cesc Fabregas Show celebrates the unstoppable rise of a player that's been at the heart of everything for us this season.

From his early season thunderbolt against Man City to his 90-minute masterclass in Milan, this has undeniably been Cesc's season.

Take a look at the video to get a sneak preview of the kind of action you can expect on the night.

Visit Nikelivefabregas.com for more information.

LOOK

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabregas - My future belongs to Arsenal

Cesc Fabregas has once again re-iterated his commitment to Arsenal.

The midfielder's future came under scrutiny after he was interviewed following the 2-0 victory against Reading on Saturday afternoon. His response was emphatic.

"My future belongs to Arsenal, and it is the truth," he said. "I do not know why [it was brought up]. It is always the same with my situation, always putting my name in another team.

[Linked Image]

"I have always said I want to play for Arsenal, it is the best team I can be at, the best club for me. Before I even say anything, people put me in another club and I don't understand that.

"But I have always wanted to play for Arsenal."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - End of April is deadline for Flamini

Arsène Wenger admits that the clock is ticking on his contract negotiations with Mathieu Flamini but he remains confident the French midfielder will sign a new deal.

The 25-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has been able to speak to other clubs since January. Newspapers have linked him to a couple of the major Italian sides.

Flamini and Wenger have been talking for some time but the manager has set a deadline for the end of this month. Both sides know that is approaching fast.

"We are getting close to yes or no," said Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Friday.

"He says he wants to stay and I believe him. But as long as he has not signed, for me, he is free to sign where he wants. We have set ourselves a target until the end of the month of April to finalise the situation, one way or the other.

"That's an absolute deadline because afterwards we have to make decisions about whether you have to move on the market because you don't have much time left."

[Linked Image]

At the start of every summer, Wenger is asked about his transfer plans. Every summer he replies by emphasising the importance of stability and continuity. Nothing will change in his attitude this season but a new ruling has complicated his plans.

"My first target is to keep the team together," said the 58-year-old. "Of course, that's a situation I do not master completely. But we want to continue to respect our wage structure because I feel that is very important.

"The situation at the moment has become much more unstable with the Webster clause. Every new rule provokes a little bit more inflation and instability because the players can always move out earlier and quicker.

"[The limit] was 28-years-old but I'm not convinced that that rule will resist for a long time. One day, a 26-year-old will go to court and say it's age discrimination. Why can you move out at 28 and not 26 after two years? So [that rule] will grow again. The stability inside a club will be a big problem because that can be a huge inflation factor."

* The 'Webster Clause' refers to Andrew Webster of Hearts who wished to move to Wigan in 2006. The case went to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, they made their ruling earlier this season.

As a result, "the 'Webster Case' will allow players to leave a club after three years of a longer fixed-term contract, or just two years if they are aged over 28. There are two stipulations: the player must hand in his notice in the 15 days following his club's last official match of the third season, and he may not move to a club in the same country."

Seite 8 von 41 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von pik7 - 26/04/2024 06:37
UMFRAGE EM-Torschützen Cup
von dragoon - 25/04/2024 13:12
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 05/04/2024 20:19
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
16 members (BjoernT4Y, Bambi, kafi112, Haiefan, dragoon, ghk225, Hackentrick, Bartho01, AllesSuper, Gamera), 2,784 Gäste, und 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 102
pik7 67
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,443
Beiträge121,470
Mitglieder3,865
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM