bet365
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
pyriel, Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer
3,865 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 29 von 41 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Fabianski will be a world great

* Paddy Power 4/1 Arsenal to win Chmps Lge FREE £10 Bet with Paddy Power
* Champions League 5/2 Arsenal v Barca Final FREE £10 Bet with Paddy Power

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger believes that Lukasz Fabianski will be “one of the best goalkeepers in the world” despite the criticism surrounding his performance in Saturday’s FA Cup Semi-Final.

The manager conceded that the Polish international was “not at his best” as Chelsea came from behind to register a 2-1 win at Wembley.

However, Wenger argues that even Petr Cech, considered among Europe’s elite keepers, was on the end of some flak for his display against Liverpool just a few days earlier. Therefore Fabianski, 24 on Saturday, should not be judged too harshly.

“I wouldn't like to put too much responsibility for this defeat on Fabianski,” he said. “It would be unfair.

“Let’s see him recover and not speak too much about what he has done on Saturday.

“I think he will be one of the best goalkeepers in the world. I firmly believe that.

“He has the talent, he is brave, he is intelligent. Technically he is very good too. He was not at his best against Chelsea but we have to accept that. It can happen to anyone. It happened to Cech on Tuesday. So it can happen.”

And it seems that Fabianski’s run in the side is likely to be extended for the next few games at least. On Saturday Wenger said: “We don't know when Manuel Almunia will be back.

“And we don't know if he will be fit for the Champions League Semi-Final with Manchester United.”

The Spaniard has been out with an ankle injury since the 1-1 draw at Villarreal on April 7.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger longs for Chelsea revenge in Rome

Arsène Wenger would love the opportunity to avenge Saturday’s defeat to Chelsea on May 27 in the Champions League Final.

Goals from Flourent Malouda and Didier Drogba consigned Arsenal to defeat in the FA Cup Semi-Final at Wembley after they had taken an early lead through Theo Walcott.

It was a bitter disappointment to Wenger given their fine form coming into the game. But afterwards the Arsenal manager comforted himself in the knowledge that, should both teams get past Manchester United and Barcelona in their respective Semi-Finals, there was the possibility of the settling the score.

“I would love to play Chelsea again in the Champions League Final,” he said. “We could take our revenge. But we have another little team to play before then!

“I believe we are maturing well. Chelsea’s average age was 29, ours is 21 or 22. And we were a little bit unlucky on Saturday. In extra-time I still think we would have had a good chance. Unfortunately it did not happen.

“What we didn't want was to have a big mistake at 1-1. They didn't have one. We did. That was the big difference.

“But you cannot say they were dominating the game. They played their kind of game and maybe we couldn't play ours because we were a bit jaded.

“But I would love to meet them again and, of course, we have already beaten them this season.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie - No time to dwell on Cup exit

Robin van Persie has warned that Arsenal have no time to dwell on their FA Cup Semi-Final defeat.

The Dutchman was on the losing side on Saturday as Chelsea struck late to end Arsenal's hopes of a Wembley return in May. Van Persie's woes were compounded by a groin injury which forced him off with 15 minutes remaining and could sideline him for tomorrow's trip to Liverpool.

Arsenal.com will have the latest injury news on Monday afternoon but, whether or not Van Persie plays at Anfield, he knows that Arsenal must pick themselves up quickly with seven games packed into the next 25 days.

"We have to look game by game, because if you look at the schedule from now until the end of the season, it makes you a bit dizzy because we have big games every three or four days," he said.

"We still have two targets now - that is the Champions League Final and to finish fourth, or even third in the league.

"We are disappointed, but we need to get our stuff together and fight for the other two titles. We have to play the game against Liverpool on Tuesday now, whether you are happy or if you are not happy.

"It is the Premier League and we need those points, but I am confident because we have strong characters. Every experience makes you stronger, a good one and definitely a bad one."

Van Persie also defended Lukasz Fabianski after the Arsenal goalkeeper was criticised for his part in Chelsea's winning goal at Wembley.

"Lukasz is a fantastic keeper," said the Dutchman. "He is really brave and is strong mentally. He knows exactly what he wants, so I am not worried about him at all."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie and Adebayor to miss Anfield trip

Arsenal will be without Robin van Persie and Emmanuel Adebayor for the trip to Liverpool on Tuesday.

The Dutchman picked up a groin problem in the FA Cup Semi-Final defeat to Chelsea on Saturday. His Togolese strike partner is rested because Arsène Wenger does not want to gamble on his tight hamstring.

On the upside, Bacary Sagna is back after sickness. But, at his press conference on Monday afternoon, the Arsenal manager was unsure if the right back would start or not.

“From Saturday we have lost Robin van Persie, who has a little groin problem,” said Wenger.

“Emmanuel Adebayor is rested. He has a little hamstring alert and we don’t want to take a gamble on him.

“Bacary Sagna is back in the squad we’ll decide if he can play tomorrow.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - 2008 Anfield misery is behind us

Arsène Wenger won’t be looking back on last season’s Champions League Quarter-Final disappointment at Anfield when Arsenal face Liverpool on Tuesday night.

A little over 12 months ago, the Gunners travelled to Merseyside to face Liverpool in the second leg of their tie with the scores locked at 1-1.

Abou Diaby’s early strike was cancelled out by Sami Hyypia before Fernando Torres nudged the hosts ahead with 22 minutes left on the clock. But substitute Theo Walcott’s superb 60-yard run allowed Emmanuel Adebayor to slide home Arsenal’s second away goal of the tie, putting them on the brink of the Semi-Final.

However, within seconds, Ryan Babel won Liverpool a contentious penalty which Steven Gerrard converted emphatically - the Dutchman then added a late fourth.

The spot-kick decision is one that still rankles with many Arsenal fans but Wenger will not be considering that night’s events on Tuesday.

“That’s behind us and we want to focus on what’s in front of us, have a dynamic game and try to win it,” declared the manager.

“But in that Champions League tie, over the two games, we were really unlucky not to qualify.

On Tuesday night’s playing surface the manager added: “The difference between Wembley and Liverpool is at Anfield they always have a good pitch. At least you will have a guarantee that the two teams are in the position to play football.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Bad pitches scupper good football

Arsène Wenger does not believe that Wembley's pitch is good enough for top-level sporting events.

The Frenchman was critical of the national stadium's playing surface before and after Arsenal's FA Cup Semi-Final defeat against Chelsea on Saturday. Wenger described the pitch as an "embarrassment" and his comments were echoed by Sir Alex Ferguson and David Moyes a day later after Manchester United and Everton met at the same ground.

The new Wembley cost just shy of £800 million to build but, according to Wenger, it can not be regarded as a world-class venue until it has a pitch to match its impressive facilities.

"You will never see a good football match on a bad pitch. It is like that," said the Arsenal manager at his pre-match press conference.

"I just would think they should have to reconsider the whole structure of the pitch. At the moment they can relay it every three months and they will always have a bad pitch.

"It is not good enough for the Champions League Final, for the Olympic games, not for the Semi-Final of an FA Cup. Why? Because the first priority is that the pitch is good when you build a new stadium.

"If that is not right, the whole stadium is bad no matter how much money you spend."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Mind games not for me anymore

Arsène Wenger is giving a wide berth to the supposed "mind games” between Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez.

For much of the last decade it was the Arsenal and Manchester United managers who were famous for their verbal jousting after matches. But this season the focus has been on Ferguson and Benitez, who have had a number of public disagreements in press conferences.

Ahead of Tuesday's trip to Anfield, Wenger used this to suggest the benefit of so-called mind games was something of a media construction anyway.

"I do not want to interfere in this [disagreement] more because I do not know what happened,” he said.

“But I would want respect in the game, and we managers are responsible for it.

"I believe [mind games] was always something which was over-rated a bit.

"But it’s part of our environment and part of the media. You never know how much impact it has because it is impossible to measure.

"It is a little bit like advertising - it is needed but what impact it has on sales you never know.

"With mind games it is the same. I believe that it can sometimes have a negative impact rather than a positive impact.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Why I missed special Anfield moment

Every Arsenal fan knows the story of Anfield '89 but Arsène Wenger's memories of that famous game are actually rather sketchy.

This season marks the 20th anniversary of the night that Michael Thomas scored in stoppage time to snatch the title from Liverpool on Merseyside. As a result generations of Arsenal fans have grown up with Brian Moore's memorable commentary - "It's up for grabs now!" - etched on their consciousness.

For Wenger, May 26, 1989 was a rather more sedate affair. The Frenchman was in charge of Monaco at the time and, as he explained ahead of Tuesday's visit to Anfield, he was unable to see Arsenal's title decider on television.

"No, we did not watch English games live in France," said Wenger. "We felt we were better than England and television was less internationalised than it is now – we only watched domestic games.

"I have seen the goals, I haven’t seen the game but I have seen the goals many times since and it makes history. It made history because it’s in the final minute and it was the unpredictability of winning 2-0 at Anfield that made a big impact.

"You always feel when people speak about it that it was a special moment of the Club. It was such a big thing. Since then we’ve won a few times at Anfield as well. What is amazing is that Liverpool was a dominant force at the time but they’ve had more problems to dominate English football like they did at the time."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal

Barclays Premier League, Anfield

Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 20:00

* Torres 48, 72,
* Benayoun 56, 90

* Arshavin 36, 67, 70, 90 verneigen

Andrey Arshavin scored an awesome foursome but Liverpool fought back to snatch a draw in a pulsating encounter at Anfield.

Arsenal’s Russian playmaker prodded the visitors in front 10 minutes before the break while Lukasz Fabianski covered himself in glory with a string of fine saves.

The game turned on its head when Fernando Torres and Yossi Benayoun struck early in the second half but Arshavin equalised with a spectacular long-range strike and fired Arsenal back in front moments later.

The crowd had barely drawn breath when Torres slammed home his second of the match. Arshavin seemed to have had the last word with another wonderful finish as stoppage time approached but Benayoun levelled with virtually the last kick of the match.

It was an incredible game and, at the end of it all, Arsenal’s unbeaten League run has been extended to 19 games. However, their hopes of breaking into the top three have been dented – the Gunners are still five adrift of Chelsea having played a game more.

Arsène Wenger rang the changes from Saturday’s Wembley let-down. In came Bacary Sagna after a virus, plus Alex Song, Samir Nasri, Arshavin and Nicklas Bendtner. Two of those five changes were enforced with Robin van Persie (groin) and Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring) taking Arsenal’s tally of injured players to seven.

Anyone with a sense of history would have been in their element tonight. Ray Kennedy, a wonderful servant for these clubs but tragically stricken with Parkinson’s Disease, was given a tremendous ovation from both sets of fans.

And as the teams emerged, it was hard not to recall the famous night 20 years ago when Michael Thomas snatched the title in stoppage time. Arsenal’s kit echoed the yellow and blue of Anfield ’89 but, alas, they were rather more than three points adrift of the leaders this time. Not so the hosts - Liverpool kicked off just one point behind Manchester United.

Much of the pre-match build-up had been dominated by complaints over the pitch at Wembley with Wenger not the only one to voice his concerns. He could have no complaints about this surface though. It was pristine and perfect for passing football.

That’s exactly what we got.

Arsenal played their part in a slick, high-octane start but Liverpool created the early chances. No prizes for guessing that Torres was the main threat. He burst away from Sagna and Kolo Toure in the third minute but shot straight at Fabianski. The Spaniard almost muscled his way through again moments later before his compatriot, Albert Riera, tested Fabianski again.

Arsenal’s keeper was criticised for his part in Saturday’s FA Cup exit but he looked solid, athletic and decisive here. The Pole rushed out to deny Benayoun after Dirk Kuyt’s clever pass inside the full-back and Fabianski got up quickly to smother Alvaro Arbeloa’s follow-up. A flying tip-over from Torres’ snap-shot was a further boost to Fabianski’s confidence.

The visitors’ passing had been neat and tidy but the clock showed 28 minutes before they seriously threatened Pepe Reina’s goal. Bendtner found Gibbs, the left-back swung in a cross and Daniel Agger’s ill-judged header landed at the feet of Cesc Fabregas. His control was on the money; his shot wasn’t.

Back came Liverpool. Torres stung the hands of Fabianski yet again and Samir Nasri kicked away Agger’s header from his own post.

The clever money seemed to be on a goal for the hosts. Instead, Arsenal struck. Javier Mascherano was caught in possession by Fabregas on the corner of the box and the Spaniard collected Nasri’s well-timed pass before squaring for Arshavin to fire in off the crossbar.

The goal stunned the home fans – and probably surprised the away section too. Liverpool went for an instant riposte but Fabianski flew to his right to push away Benayoun’s shot.

The Pole preserved Arsenal’s lead until the break but he was beaten just three minutes after the restart. Sagna’s clearance was miscued, Kuyt lifted the ball into the danger area at the second attempt and Torres directed his header into the bottom corner.

Suddenly it was all Liverpool.

With the Kop roaring them on, the hosts went for the jugular. Nerves frayed in the Arsenal box and another shaky clearance – this time from Fabianski – was ruthlessly punished. Once again Kuyt was the provider; his deep cross found Benayoun and the Israeli’s brave far-post header had just enough on it to cross the line.

The writing seemed to be on the wall for Arsenal but they hit back brilliantly 11 minutes later. Arshavin robbed Arbeloa 25 yards out and lashed a thunderous effort past Reina. Just three minutes later the Russian completed his treble. This time Fabio Aurelio hashed his clearance and Arshavin slammed the ball into the net. Incredible.

The drama wasn’t over. Two minutes later Riera swung in a cross and Torres held off Mikael Silvestre before beating Fabianski once again.

The pace was relentless and it showed no sign of abating as Liverpool chased the winner which would keep their title hopes on the boil.

Gibbs nodded another Torres header off the line as Liverpool pressed but Arshavin rounded off a slick breakaway with a precise left-footed finish to give Arsenal the lead yet again. That seemed to be that but Benayoun pounced in the dying seconds and both teams had to settle for the draw.

Frankly, neither side deserved to lose.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'It takes quality to respond the way we did'

On a night of mixed emotions...
"I believe it was a game of a frenetic pace, and of top quality. Both teams created many chances and you can see when you play on a good pitch you can play football in the Premier League. Apart from that we are half-happy because we scored four goals but we are half-unhappy because we conceded four. As well, to be 4-3 up with two minutes to go, the team is disappointed. It was another great performance tonight and Liverpool maybe thought a draw was a fair result.

"The big regret we have is that 10 minutes into the second half we a 2-1 down, but not from something created by Liverpool; from balls we didn't clear properly from the back."

On Andrey Arshavin...
"Arshavin can play everywhere, like all great players. He scored four goals but it was at the end of good combination play. He has tricks and a short back-lift and that makes him very dangerous.

"It shows he has a good left foot, but in full confidence he can be relaxed enough to take the goal anyway. I have been in this job a long time and not many players get four goals in a top game like that. I didn't expect him to do that - he has scored seven in seven games."

On the title race...
"It is still very open. It depends on what kind of form Manchester United find because they had a bit of a problem before the interruption of the Champions League so we will see how they come back against Portsmouth."

On responding to the weekend defeat...
"I never doubted the character of my players. The fact they came into the dressing room very, very disappointed says a lot about their character. It shows they wanted to win and that we go for it every time. It takes quality to respond like we did today, only three days after the [FA Cup]."

On the goalkeeper's performance...
"He was fantastic in the first half but struggled a bit more in the second because I believe we were less dominant from crosses. But overall, Fabianski had a god performance."

On Bendtner's disallowed goal...
"I have just seen it again and it doesn't look offside at all."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Fatigue factor affected my defence

Arsène Wenger believes fatigue was a factor as his team shipped four goals at Anfield on Tuesday night.

Andrey Arshavin's quartet at the other end secured a point in a thrilling 4-4 draw at Liverpool but the Arsenal manager was left to rue defensive lapses as the visitors relinquished a winning position on three different occasions.

With games coming thick and fast in the Premier League and Champions League, Wenger would prefer to rotate his back four. But injuries to Manuel Almunia, William Gallas, Johan Djourou and Gael Clichy leave him little room for manouevre.

"I am not happy with our defending but I believe that our defence has played many games and they were a bit jaded physically," said the manager.

"We cannot change many players, especially at the back. Offensively we have a bit more choice but at the back we haven’t got too much choice.

"Of course [resting players against Middlesbrough] is in our thoughts but the best way to prepare for the Champions League is to win games in the Premier League."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Liverpool can still win the title

Arsène Wenger insists that Liverpool still have a realistic chance of winning the Premier League title.

Rafa Benitez's side snatched a stoppage-time equaliser at Anfield on Tuesday night to force a 4-4 draw after Andrey Arshavin's quartet looked like sealing an incredible win for Arsenal. The result sent Liverpool to the top of the table on goal difference but Manchester United now have two games in hand. The first of those takes place tonight when Portsmouth visit Old Trafford.

The champions are now heavy odds-on to retain their crown but Wenger believes that Liverpool are still in with a shout.

"They are still in it," said the Frenchman.

"It depends how Man United will respond on Wednesday night as well. They have got two home games and it depends how they do in them."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arshavin - I need some more time to settle

Andrey Arshavin has scored or created 11 goals in his eight Premier League starts – but he still feels he has not adapted to English football yet!

The Russian hit a quite brilliant quartet in Arsenal’s 4-4 draw at Anfield on Tuesday night. But, incredibly, after the game the 27-year-old suggested it was “difficult” at the moment and he required a bit of breathing space.

“If you look at the first half you never saw me except for one moment when I scored,” he said. “It is difficult for me but I will try and I need time.

“Everybody else is ‘common’ to play with each other. I still have to go through pre-season and after that everything will be in a good place.”

Arshavin put Arsenal in a very good place four times last night. Giving them leads at 1-0, 3-2 and 4-3 in a mind-boggling affair at Anfield. However Yossi Benayoun’s injury-time equaliser left the midfielder with mixed emotions.

“I feel good but also disappointed because we did not get the result,” he said. “Both teams wanted to win. What can I say, it is unbelievable football - it is England.

“I am disappointed because we want to win each game. We want to be at the top, not fourth place.

“When we pressed [forward tonight] we played good but when we dropped back it was very dangerous for us because Torres and some tall players won the ball. They got the second ball and tried to shoot but everybody must take responsibility for losing balls not just the defence and the goalkeeper. Everyone must help.”

The result banished some of those FA Cup Semi-Final blues and extended Arsenal’s unbeaten run in the Premier League to 19 games.

Arsène Wenger remains positive in his pursuit of third place however the only chance of silverware is the Champions League, and this was a fillip for next week’s Semi-Final against Manchester United.

“Confidence comes when you win,” said Arshavin. “We drew. It is not good tonight but I think we will go through next week. I hope so but I can’t play and so it is easier for me to say.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'Boro are very much in the Arsenal mould'

When Arsenal travelled to a cloudy Riverside Stadium in December, inconsistency had blighted both sides’ early-season form.

The Gunners had suffered five defeats in their opening 14 matches while Boro’s inability to find the net on a regular basis had left them only five points above the relegation zone.

Gareth Southgate’s side have only scored 25 Premier League this goals this season and their consistently inconsistent form has plunged them even deeper into the mire. Arsenal, on the other hand, are unbeaten in 19.

So is a walkover in the offing? Perhaps not. Southgate has never lost against Arsène Wenger in his management career.

Ahead of Sunday’s clash, we caught up Eric Paylor of the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette for a local perspective of Boro. Read on for his opinion on the lack of goals, fighting relegation and the role of one particular ex-Gunner.

FOCUS - THE STORY SO FAR

THE STORY SO FAR
“The main problem they’ve had all season is scoring goals. They’ve scored 25 this season and it’s just not enough. They are by far the worst scorers in the Premier League and they’re paying the price for it. You could argue that football-wise they’re nothing like a relegation threatened side. They do have some quality around the park, they knock the ball around well, and they do create chances. Unfortunately they can’t put the ball in the net enough.

“Their predicament is purely down to not taking chances. They are a good, quick-breaking side – very much in the Arsenal mould. Obviously Arsenal fans will remember Jeremie Aliadiere who is still pacy and effective in that role. They are very good at breaking and they do create good chances but they just don’t take them. There are people capable of putting the ball in the back of the net but when you think that the joint-top scorers are Alfonso Alves and Tuncay with seven it’s really just not good enough.”

FOCUS - MAN OF THE MOMENT

MAN OF THE MOMENT
“Jeremie [Aliadiere] was given the wider role at the start of this season, that’s where he has played most. He did ironically play upfront against the Gunners in December and scored with that stunning header. Generally, in terms of trying to fit everyone into the team, Gareth seems to prefer him wide right where he can use his pace, get crosses in and support attacks. He has certainly had a workman-like season but I wouldn’t say he was one of the team’s most effective players.”

FOCUS - CAUSE FOR CONCERN

CAUSE FOR CONCERN
“Alfonso Alves finished last season quite strongly and if you had interviewed every Middlesbrough fan virtually all of them would’ve said that he would score 15 or more goals this season. Unfortunately he has rarely threatened to get anywhere near that tally and to be absolutely honest I don’t remember a striker that I’ve seen played who has missed so many clear-cut chances. I’m not quite sure he’s a natural finisher and when he does put the ball away he tends to produce stunning shots. But he isn’t a six-yard sniffer and if they had one this season they would’ve scored more goals.”

FOCUS - REASONS TO BE CHEERFULREASONS TO BE CHEERFUL
“Everyone’s surprisingly confident and positive of avoiding the drop. It’s a good thing to see but of course it has to be translated into points. They have just played back-to-back home games against Hull and Fulham, beat Hull 3-1 and then outplayed Fulham but couldn’t score in the goalless draw. It’s almost summed up the story of the season. But they are playing well, doing everything they can to get out, and I believe they’ll run out at Arsenal with a spring in their step. The general belief is they’ll need to win three of their last five games to stay up. I think that’s a tall order but you never know.”

FOCUS - THE ONE TO WATCHTHE ONE TO WATCH
“You could argue that Tuncay's tally isn’t too bad given he was signed as an attacking midfield player – it’s where he plays for Turkey. They have tried playing him as an orthodox striker quite a lot and he does get the odd goal but I do believe he’s better playing behind his own strikeforce, he seems more natural in that role. He has actually played the last two games as a very orthodox central midfield player and has been outstanding.”

FOCUS - NEW FACESNEW FACES
“Marlon King has settled in very well. I think the place took to him straight away, he’s a positive, confident character and of course he’s been around a while. Maybe hasn’t played as much Premier League football as he would have liked over the years but he has been prolific – certainly in the Championship. He wants to succeed in the top flight so you’ll find he runs himself into the ground. Hopefully, if he can get a goal or two before the end of the season, Boro might see him as a good investment for next season.”

FOCUS - THE MAN IN CHARGETHE MAN IN CHARGE
“The support for Southgate is not waning at all and you could almost say it’s surprising the way the fans have got behind the manager all season. The thing about Gareth is he’s such a nice guy, he says the right things and the fans here want him to succeed. They have never really criticised him at all which is probably unusual for the manager of a team that is fighting relegation. He still has the backing of the fans and they got 30,000 plus crowds for Hull and Fulham – good going for the mid-season. The fans have rallied around and we’ve been running a ‘Keep the Faith’ campaign and the supporters have been terrific. Everybody is not only behind the team but the manager as well.”

FOCUS - PLAYER OF THE SEASONPLAYER OF THE SEASON
“I must say it has alternated. There has been quite a debate about it because you could go through the whole season and nobody has been particularly consistent. But in the Evening Gazette’s ‘Star Ratings’, Stewart Downing is top. He was in and out a bit at the start of the season but he has been firing on all cylinders since then. I think it’s fair to say he is the player of the season although Tuncay is pushing him close.”

FOCUS - TALKING TACTICSTALKING TACTICS
“They won’t go gung-ho and very few teams go to the Emirates and do so. They do play football and they like that opportunity to do so - this is one of them. I think they’ll enjoy the occasion as they have on their two previous visits. I think there will be a lot of emphasis on defensive work and I wouldn’t expect to see the side with as many attackers as against Hull or Fulham. They have got Gary O’Neil back from suspension, Didier Digard – a tough-tackling midfielder – could figure. Boro will go to have strength in the right areas but the footballers will still be in the team and they’ll be looking to create.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Almunia, Djourou and Adebayor close to return

Arsenal may welcome back Manuel Almunia, Johan Djourou and Emmanuel Adebayor for the visit of Middlesbrough on Sunday.

The Spanish keeper (ankle) and the Swiss defender (knee) came back to training on Thursday while the Togolese striker (hamstring) is set to join in on Saturday.

However, on the downside, Robin van Persie (groin) will be out until at least the trip to Portsmouth next week, meaning he misses the Champions League Semi-Final first leg. Gael Clichy (back) is NOT ruled out for the season but he is sidelined until at least the return game against Sir Alex Ferguson’s side on May 5.

“From Tuesday night we are quite safe,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday. “We will rotate a little bit again but we have no major injuries from Liverpool.

“Manuel Almunia was in full training today and we’ll see how he responds. Djourou was in full training also so we’ll see how he is too. Both could come back into the squad. It is not enough training to say [for sure] yet we need 48 hours more.

“Emmanuel Adebayor should come back into the training on Saturday. He could be in the squad.

“But Robin van Persie is definitely out for Sunday and for Manchester United.

“Gael Clichy could be back for the second Manchester United game. He has a scan on Monday. We’ll go from there. He has a chance to be back in full training next week.”

Wenger also confirmed that William Gallas (knee) and Tomas Rosicky (hamstring tendon) will definitely miss the rest of the season.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal 2-0 Middlesbrough

Barclays Premier League, Emirates Stadium

Sunday, April 26, 2009, 13:30

* Fabregas 26, 67

Cesc Fabregas trebled his goal tally for the season as Arsenal prepared for Old Trafford in fine style with a 2-0 win over Middlesbrough on Sunday.

The Spaniard had just one strike to his name before Gareth Southgate’s side arrived at Emirates Stadium this afternoon.

However Fabregas plundered goals from Andrey Arshavin’s cut-back in the 26th minute and Emmanuel Eboue’s incisive ball midway through the second half to give his side a straightforward victory against a relegation-haunted side.

The latter effort ended both the game as a contest and the Arsenal captain’s participation this afternoon.

Before the game could kick-off again, Wenger withdrew Fabregas and Theo Walcott. It was clearly a move made with Wednesday’s Champions League Semi-Final first leg at Manchester United in mind.

This result means Arsenal are a racing certainty to be involved next term, at least in the qualifying round. The gap to fifth-place Villa is now 10 points with only 12 left available this season.On current form, you’d expect them to make mathematically certain next weekend at Portsmouth.

Wenger’s men have now not lost in the Premier League for 20 games, more than half a season, and they have not conceded a goal at home in their two main competitions since December 21.

This was simple, straightforward and hardly taxing - the perfect prelude to a massive week.

Emirates Stadium was bathed in brilliant sunshine for this lunchtime kick-off. Marvellous May weather is so often the backdrop for crucial matches in the season – and this would be another of those occasions.

Fourth place now seemed pretty certain for Arsenal after Aston Villa’s draw and Everton’s defeat on Saturday. However Wenger wanted third and Chelsea’s win at West Ham had put the Stamford Bridge side nine points ahead in the Premier League table. This was Arsenal’s only game in hand - a win was pretty much essential.

The manager’s team selection smacked of considered rotation. Certainly there were no obvious ‘rests’ ahead of the Champions League Semi-Final first leg on Wednesday.

Wenger brought in Manuel Almunia, Eboue and, for his 100th game, Walcott; pushing Lukasz Fabianski, Bacary Sagna and Alex Song down to the bench. Of course, Middlesbrough had ample incentive themselves. A win would take them out of the relegation zone and, like Arsenal, they had Manchester United next up.

They could not afford to be overawed by anyone at the moment. And, in fairness, they weren’t.

In the opening seconds Tuncay skipped through on the right only for the backtracking Samir Nasri to steal the ball from him on the edge of the area.

After that though, Arsenal took over. In the eighth minute Denilson slid a pass into the path of Walcott in the right-hand channel. However Robert Huth roared back and timed his block to perfection. Eboue nodded over from the corner.

Around the quarter-hour, Kieran Gibbs and Arshavin both tried to bundle their way through a crowded area. Each time their eventual shot was blocked.

At the start of this season, you would have been pleased enough Arsenal’s opening but, at the same time, you would be harbouring some concerns that they could be caught out. However in recent months Wenger’s men are worthy of much more confidence and the opening goal this afternoon was typical of their current brio.

In the 26th minute, Nicklas Bendtner’s clever back-flick diverted the ball to Fabregas in the centre circle. His raking pass sent Arshavin scuttling clear on the left. The Russian reached the area and bided his time for his captain to catch up. Once he had, the 27-year-old laid on the perfect pass for the sliding Spaniard to rifle home.

It was only the second goal of the season for Fabregas. The other had denied another North-East side, Sunderland, the full three points in the final seconds at The Stadium of Light back on October 4.

Arsenal’s tails was now up – and there are few more beautiful sights in football than Wenger’s side with a lead on the scoreboard and confidence flowing in their veins.

Just past the half-hour, Walcott fired across the face of the area and inches wide of the far post. Then Arshavin appeared on the right and cut the ball back for Toure who took a centre back’s slash at it and the opportunity went begging.

Before that Middlesbrough had a creditable claim for a penalty when Stewart Downing’s corner appeared to hit the arm of Bendtner.

Up until the 43rd minute, the visitors had not created a single chance – on or off target. But they would put that right in fine fashion. Downing let fly from outside the area and Almunia had to dive full-length to prevent his low effort creeping inside the near post.

Arsenal were also indebted to their Spanish keeper five minutes after the restart. Defensive dalliance allowed Jeremie Aliadiere to go through one-on-one but Almunia spread himself widely and the ball bounced off his legs.

Perhaps Arsenal were unsettled by a change at half time. Mikael Silvestre did not appear after the interval and Johan Djourou came on for his first appearance after being carried off at Wigan on April 11 with a knee problem.

Normal service seemed to be resumed almost immediately when Walcott fired low towards goal from an acute angle. Brad Jones clutched the ball on the line.

Arsenal soon resumed control once more with Arshavin at the heart of almost everything they did.

In the 67th minute, Fabregas latched on to a long, low pass forward from Eboue, skipped past Jones and rolled home his second.

It would be the captain’s final touch. Emmanuel Adebayor and Abou Diaby were waiting by the touchline when the goal was scored. Before the kick-off they came on for Fabregas and Walcott. Now that WAS a move made with Wednesday in mind.

Boro had played the second half like a cup tie. In the circumstances it was all they could do but it had been nowhere near enough.

Nasri and Bendtner both forced the best from Jones as Arsenal cruised home.

On this performance Middlesbrough fans have to be pessimistic about their chances of avoiding the drop.

Arsenal, however, are looking upwards in more ways than one.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'We enjoy the way we play and love the game'

On the overall performance…
“It was an entertaining game and after 2-0 you could see that Maybe the Champions League started to surface a little bit. Overall it was a very good game against a Middlesbrough team who played in a very positive way. We dominated it and we made some brilliant passing today, some brilliant combinations. The first goal was absolutely outstanding and you could see that the team enjoy the way we play and loved the game. Middlesbrough had one opportunity to come back through Jeremie Aliadiere which was maybe the turning point for them.”

On Cesc Fabregas’ match-winning role…
“He gets sharper and sharper in every game. He was out for three months and you don’t come back at your best straight away. But now he gets better in every game. Every player who plays in midfield, who thinks they are creative and offensive, needs to score goals. That happened to him today and that’s important."

On Cesc’s early tangle with Stewart Downing…
“He told me it was the knee that he had before and we don’t like that. But he told me after the game that the ankle is worse than the knee so it’s not too bad. The referee told me he played the ball, Downing told me that as well. But he didn’t play only the ball. It’s always difficult to say if it’s intentional or not, if it is to aggravate or not.”

On playing his captain in a more advanced role…
“Usually Fabregas plays deeper with Nasri higher. I wanted to test how it would work the other way round. It could be reiterated that we will do it again because it was quite convincing. But that is open; we have 48 hours to study that then make a decision.”

On deciding to play a full-strength team…
“It’s better to win today than to lose and rest players. I believe the first part of today was to win the game – that’s the best preparation. We have a young team and they recover well. It is very important to put a nearly decisive distance between us and number five, Aston Villa. I believe it was very important not to miss that opportunity today. It’s not completely definite but 10 points with four games to go… We can focus now on maybe catching Chelsea because we play Chelsea at home.

“If you go to Old Trafford without belief you make it very difficult from the start. We’ll go there with belief, with desire and with enjoyment as well. We enjoy being where we are.”

On Sir Alex Ferguson’s visit to Emirates Stadium…
“I thought he was coming to watch Middlesbrough? He knows we have good red wine in the Directors’ Box! I think he knows us and he’ll think it will be an exciting game between two teams who try to play. We know each other well but still the talent on the pitch always surprises you. But I believe that both teams will go for it and it will be an exciting game.

“[did you speak to him?] Yes, we are polite here, we greet people. I went up to the Directors’ Box before the game like I always do.”

On Man United warming up with a comeback against Tottenham…
“Yes, Tottenham played well. In fairness I didn’t see the second half I saw the first and during the period I saw, Tottenham played very well."

On Man United’s recent defensive form…
“We will be faithful to the game we play and we go like we go everywhere in Europe, to try and score a goal or two to win the game. What is important on Wednesday night is to be at our best. When we are at our best we can beat anybody so let’s focus on us to be at our best and not to speculate on any weakness of Man United because they have the experience. But if we play at our best we have a good chance and we can do it.”

On the players returning from injury…
“Adebayor is just coming back from injury, Djourou as well. Djourou’s knee was not 100 per cent but he came through – I will decide that on Tuesday or Wednesday. Djourou came through the game well we will have to see how he responds tomorrow. I believe the only serious problem we have from today is Silvestre, he has a back spasm. He is a 50:50 [for Old Trafford].”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Away goals rule makes us audacious

Arsène Wenger believes the format of the Champions League will force his side to be “audacious” at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

Of course, attacking football is in the Frenchman’s DNA. But you could argue that a major European Semi-Final first leg on the ground of the most successful side in England over the last decade is an occasion for caution. However Wenger feels the away goals rule means a visiting side must chance their arm.

“At this level you have to be audacious away,” said the manager speaking before the weekend. “The weight of the away goal in European football could be discussed I feel. It may be a little bit too heavy.

“We have spoken about it, maybe making it a Carling Cup rule where it only comes in at extra time. At the moment you are encouraged to be very cautious at home but very audacious away from home.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: I expect a different Semi-Final story

Arsène Wenger is convinced that Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Manchester United will be a different story to their Semi-Final heartbreak at the hands of Chelsea.

Arsenal led 1-0 against Chelsea in the FA Cup at Wembley thanks to Theo Walcott’s 18th-minute volley. But Florent Malouda equalised just after the half-hour and Didier Drogba struck the winner six minutes from time.

Since that defeat, Arsenal contested the incredible 4-4 draw with Liverpool last Tuesday before dispatching Middlesbrough at Emirates Stadium at the weekend.

Wenger has been impressed by his side’s response to their FA Cup setback and he can see a marked difference between Arsenal’s Wembley opponents and Sir Alex Ferguson’s Manchester United.

For the manager, the difference could be crucial.

“We can deal with that [Man United’s physical threat],” said the Frenchman. “They are more a technical team and Chelsea are a very efficient, physical impact team. On the pitch at Wembley it was to their advantage.

“You could see in the first half [against Chelsea] when we could maintain a quick pace in our passing we were quite on top.

“But in the second half, when the game slowed down, it was down to the experience of Chelsea and the quality players they have; Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Drogba who all have a little advantage in the 50:50s.

“But this team has shown a lot of character this year. After the disappointment against Chelsea, the way we responded three days later was magnificent.

“We were 2-1 at Anfield down and we could have crumbled. We came back and battled until the last second. The character is there; the quality is there so it’s interesting.

“I believe we have only one desire and that is to go to the Final no matter who we play. That demands a lot of belief, which, at the moment, is quite strong I must say.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure - Man United have all the pressure

Kolo Toure believes that Manchester United have all the pressure on their shoulders ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League Semi-Final first leg.

The Ivorian says his Arsenal side can “play free” at Old Trafford because Sir Alex Ferguson’s team are not only the reigning champions but favourites to lift the trophy again this year. The centre back also argues that football without shackles will be Arsène Wenger’s best tactic on the night.

“There is more pressure on them because they are the team to beat,” he said.

“They are the ones who won it last season but for us we are going there to do the best we can, playing free and passing the ball. We know when we play football against Man United, they struggle a lot.

“They are a really good team going forward but at the back they have conceded a few goals, like us. We have the same type of team - we both like to play but sometimes you can be caught out at the back. I think the team that will win will be the one that defends the best.

“A clean sheet in the first leg would be fantastic but they are a really strong team and they can score at any time. But we will go there and give 100 per cent. If we can win, fantastic, if we come away with a draw, then it will be really good. It’s going to be a really big fight.”

Toure is one of only three survivors from the starting XI in the Final three years ago in Paris when Arsenal were denied by two goals from Barcelona in the last 14 minutes. The 28-year-old feels Wenger has found replacements since then and turned his team into this season’s surprise package.

“The Champions League is a massive trophy for us,” said Toure. “We have never won it and we now have the chance. We will go for it - we are not scared.

“At the start of this season, nobody expected us to be where we are. We just need to play free, give 100 per cent and see where we end up.

“It’s true that we lost a player like Thierry Henry, which is difficult, but Adebayor is playing really well. We lost a player like Robert Pires but we have Samir Nasri. All those players have been replaced. I think the good thing about this team is that we have a lot of young players who want to show they have the quality. I remember a team like Ajax - nobody was expecting them to win but they won and had a really young team as well. I think we can do that.

“We have been together for a few years now and have made a lot of mistakes. We are going to learn from those mistakes and we hope not to make any more.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure - Young Gibbs can handle Ronaldo

Kolo Toure is confident that Kieran Gibbs can handle the threat of Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

Gael Clichy’s back injury has thrust Gibbs into the first-team spotlight in recent weeks and the 19-year-old has impressed with a series of accomplished performances.

However, Wednesday’s Champions League Semi-Final first leg against Man United could pit him against Ronaldo, the Fifa World Player of the Year.

Toure is convinced that his young defensive colleague has the quality to stem the Portuguese’s flow but he was keen to stress that stopping Man United will certainly be a collective effort.

“Let Gibbs play,” the Ivorian said. “He is a good player and very intelligent.

“He came in at a really difficult time when we play the big teams and I think he has showed good character and I am really happy for what he has done for the Club.

“Its always really difficult when you are young and you come in to play against the big players. I think he is going to perform very well on Wednesday.

“Ronaldo is a really good player. But it’s not only about Gibbs - it is about all the players. If we are focused and defend together then nobody can beat us.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Ferguson respect will survive Semi

Arsène Wenger expects his new-improved relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson to survive the intensity of a Champions League Semi-Final.

The two elder statesmen of Premier League football have enjoyed a battle royal since Wenger arrived in North London 13 years ago. At times their rivalry has bordered on the hostile but in recent seasons a mutual respect has developed between the pair. Instead of mind games, we have witnessed a meeting of minds.

If anything could challenge Wenger and Ferguson's new-found friendship it is a last-four clash in Europe's premier club competition. Arsenal head to Old Trafford for the first leg of a mouthwatering Semi-Final on Wednesday and welcome Manchester United to Emirates Stadium six days later.

It is without doubt the biggest tie of the season for both clubs but, while Wenger expects an intense battle on the pitch, he is confident that cordial relations can be maintained off it.

"Our respect will survive the two games," said the Frenchman. "[Earning Ferguson's respect] is one of the privileges of getting older!

"I think these two games will be a fierce competiton. We’ll go completely for it and so will they.

"It will be a very interesting competition because we feel we have improved since the beginning of the season, they feel that they’ve come back into a stronger position than they were two or three weeks ago. So both teams can both be peaking at the right time.

"I believe really they will be very competitive games."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger to make late calls on defensive duo

Arsène Wenger will leave decisions over the fitness of Mikael Silvestre and Kieran Gibbs to the morning of the Champions League Semi-Final first leg with Manchester United at Old Trafford.

The veteran French centre back picked up a back injury in the 2-0 win over Middlesbrough on Sunday while the 19-year-old left back has been carrying a groin problem for a few games.

The Arsenal manager has the option of Johan Djourou at centre back and, if fit, Silvestre could cover the absence of Gibbs. But, whatever happens, it will be a late call.

“We’ll make those decisions in the morning,” said Wenger. “Silvestre will have an assessment. He has a back injury and we have a slight problem with Gibbs as well.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Diaby - Emirates win can be a good lesson

Abou Diaby will take heart from Arsenal’s previous meeting with Manchester United when the teams lock horns tonight.

The French midfielder started the Premier League clash at Emirates Stadium in November which Arsenal won 2-1 thanks to Samir Nasri’s brace.

Diaby knows that a Champions League Semi-Final is an entirely different matter but the 22-year-old wants to replicate that winning feeling at Old Trafford.

“From that game we take a good lesson for the game against Man United but tomorrow is different,” said Diaby at his pre-match press conference.

“We just try to be focused and concentrate on the game.

“We intend to play in every competition – the Champions League and the Premier League. We want to go through and win it.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Our team play will create chances

Arsène Wenger is convinced that his team can score goals at Old Trafford tonight – even without Andrey Arshavin.

The Russian playmaker netted four times when Arsenal last headed north for that dramatic draw with Liverpool eight days ago. But someone else will have to convert the chances against Manchester United while Arshavin - ineligible for the Champions League - kicks his heels on the sidelines.

Robin van Persie will also miss out with a groin injury but Wenger still has plenty of attacking options. Emmanuel Adebayor or Nicklas Bendtner could lead the line with Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Theo Walcott supporting in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Alternatively Nasri could reprise the deeper role he filled so admirably during Sunday’s win over Middlesbrough. With Eduardo and Carlos Vela also available, Wenger has plenty to mull over before he finalises his starting line-up.

However, the Frenchman is confident that any of his forwards can add the finishing touch to his side’s attacking thrusts. For Wenger, the crucial element is Arsenal’s team play. If that clicks, the chances will come. If the chances come, the away goals will follow.

“We have developed well our team play and that is the most important thing,” said the manager.

“One day Arshavin scores four goals, another day somebody else will score. What is most important is that we play the game we want to play and if we can take advantage of that.

“Adebayor is fully fit and he is important, like everybody else. A lot of strikers depend on the quality of the team play and that’s why you do not want to put any special pressure on the strikers. It’s down to the way the team plays.

“Of course we know Theo can score a goal too but it’s not predictable. I don’t mind who score the goals. The most important thing is that we score goals.”

Seite 29 von 41 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von pik7 - 01/05/2024 19:04
UMFRAGE EM-Torschützen Cup
von malik - 30/04/2024 18:47
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 05/04/2024 20:19
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
16 members (Bambi, BjoernT4Y, dragoon, Flip160, kafi112, AllesSuper, Haiefan, Hackentrick, grottenoli, caro), 2,425 Gäste, und 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 121
pik7 80
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,444
Beiträge121,585
Mitglieder3,865
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
Mai
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM