bet365
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Winamax Bonus Aktionen
von BjoernT4Y - 18/03/2024 16:48
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 2 von 41 1 2 3 4 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Randall - We have lots of English boys coming through

When Mark Randall woke up on Tuesday morning he was hoping to play some part in Arsenal's Carling Cup tie at Blackburn. He certainly wasn't expecting to make his first senior start.

That all changed when Theo Walcott woke up feeling under the weather. One England teenager's pain became another England teenager's gain as Randall was drafted into the line-up for the dramatic win at Ewood Park.

"I knew when we got to the training ground in the morning that Theo wasn't travelling with us but I still didn't know if I was starting or not," Randall told Arsenal.com. "I found out I was playing about three hours before the game and I was just happy to get the chance.

[Linked Image]

"I felt nervous but I just tried to relax and think of what I had to do during the game. I tried to keep a cool head. The more experienced players like Philippe Senderos gave me a lot of advice and encouragement and they kept me working hard. The boss told me to stay relaxed and play my game."

That's exactly what Randall did. The 18-year-old looked completely at ease in the first half as Arsenal stroked the ball around in style. He even played a vital role in the opening goal, picking out Nicklas Bendtner with a measured pass before the Dane's cross was converted by Abou Diaby.

Randall tired after the break and was replaced by another teenager, Nacer Barazite, with 10 minutes of normal time remaining. But the midfielder from Milton Keynes had done enough to prove that Arsenal do have talented English youngsters emerging from their academy.

Kieran Gibbs and Henri Lansbury have also featured in this season's Carling Cup run while Rhys Murphy and Gavin Hoyte are making steady progress. Randall believes they will all get their chance to impress - provided they put the work in.

"It's hard work to get into the first team but if you are good enough you will get a chance," said Randall.

"There are plenty of young English players coming through like Henri Lansbury, Gavin Hoyte and Rhys Murphy - we just have to keep working hard to get into the first team."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal face Spurs in Carling Cup Semi-Final

Arsenal will face Tottenham Hotspur in the Semi-Finals of the Carling Cup for the second successive season.

The North London rivals were paired together at Wednesday night's draw. Arsenal will host the first leg at Emirates Stadium on January 8 or 9 with the return leg at White Hart Lane on January 22 or 23.

Arsenal beat Tottenham 5-3 on aggregate at the Semi-Final stage last season. Spurs led 2-0 in the first leg at White Hart Lane but were pegged back to 2-2 thanks to a brace from Julio Baptista.

Emmanuel Adebayor fired Arsenal ahead in the second leg at the Emirates but Mido forced extra time before goals from Jeremie Aliadiere and Tomas Rosicky took the Gunners through to the Final.

Chelsea, who beat Liverpool in the last Quarter-Final on Wednesday night, will face Everton in the last four of the competition.

Arsenal.com will bring you Arsene Wenger's reaction to the draw in our exclusive video interview with the manager, available on Friday morning.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Vela - I can't wait to join up with Arsenal

Carlos Vela has reiterated his desire to join up with the Club as soon as possible.

The Mexican international, still only 18, is currently on loan at La Liga outfit Osasuna. Vela is creating quite a storm in Spain but his goal is to make it at Emirates Stadium.

[Linked Image]

"I hope to join them [Arsenal] as soon as possible," Vela told Spanish newspaper Libero. "I will keep on working hard to improve to fit in quickly."

Vela is also keeping a keen eye on the progress of Arsene Wenger's side.

"I'll definitely be following them and hope they stay on top in the Premier League," he said.

"I'm also happy that Arsenal made it through to the next stage of the Champions League. It would be nice if they get a rival from the Spanish League. Let's wait and see."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Toure - We are prepared to face anyone

Whichever mouthwatering tie Friday’s Champions League draw presents, Kolo Toure insists Arsenal have got what it takes to progress.

The Ivorian played every minute of the Club’s run to the 2006 showpiece in Paris, scoring the decisive goal in the Semi-Final, and believes that the elusive trophy could be in his hands come May.

However, having failed to secure top spot in Group H, the Gunners could face one of four previous winners of the competition.

Inter Milan lead the way in Serie A, while Real Madrid and Porto also top their respective leagues. Barcelona are clinging on to the coat-tails of Madrid but AC Milan languish in 11th place in Italy. Nonetheless, Toure claims that every team presents an equal challenge to Arsenal.

“Definitely we are prepared for any team that we come up against,” he told Arsenal.com. “We have done so well since the start of the season. There is no team that will think they can beat us and it will be easy.

“The strongest part of us at the moment is that we are strong together and especially at home we don’t give away anything.

“This stage of the Champions League is always tight because we play away and home but whatever happens we are really confident.

“We have lost some games but all the teams in Europe have lost games. I think the main thing is to be confident when the time comes.

“At the moment we feel really strong. The squad is confident and we are winning the big games, like against Chelsea. We just need to believe in our skills and believe in what we are doing, the job we do and the belief the manager gives us and the way he teaches us to play. We must be focused on that and we can get through any team. It will be really hard but we are confident.”

Zuletzt bearbeitet von braumi; 20/12/2007 14:56.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie - We know how much this means to the fans

Arsenal v Tottenham H.

Robin van Persie has been hearing the same three words from Arsenal fans all week: please beat Tottenham.

Those orders have been carried out with gusto during Arsène Wenger's reign with Spurs registering just one win in 26 meetings since the Frenchman took over at Arsenal. But local bragging rights still mean so much to Arsenal supporters and Van Persie is well aware of it.

"When I see the fans in the street, they tell me that the Tottenham game is the one they want us to win," he told Arsenal.com.

"It means so much for these people, whether they are at the training ground, or when I am out shopping. It doesn't matter where, everyone speaks about this game. It means a lot.

"You can sense there is a special atmosphere. It is similar to the games against Chelsea and Manchester United in terms of atmosphere and that's what I like the most.

"I just love to play those games when the fans are on top of it, they are loving it and every single piece of action in the game gets the fans involved. It's great to be a part of it."

Van Persie has played in six North London derbies but, somewhat surprisingly, has yet to register a goal against Tottenham. He'd love to address that at the weekend but knows that Saturday's fixture is just the latest in a long line of huge games for Arsenal.

"I know it is a big game for the fans and it is for us as well. But there are big games every week - last weekend it was Chelsea and we were very happy because we played well. Spurs is massive but we have to win every game in the Premier League, not just against Spurs, if we want to be champions."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Carling Cup Semi Final dates announced

The details for the Carling Cup Semi Final ties against Tottenham Hotspur are as below:

Carling Cup Semi Final 1st Leg
Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur
Emirates Stadium
Wednesday 9th January 2008
Kick Off 7.45pm
live on Sky Sports

Carling Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
Tottenham Hotspur v Arsenal
White Hart Lane
Tuesday 22nd January 2008
Kick Off 8pm
live on Sky Sports

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Walcott is the only doubt for North London derby

Arsenal v Tottenham H.
Barclays Premier League
Emirates Stadium
Sat, Dec 22, 2007, 12.45pm

Theo Walcott is the sole concern ahead of the North London derby this weekend.

The England winger is not training at the moment after being laid low with flu. Otherwise Arsenal have a clean bill of health before the visit of Tottenham on Saturday lunchtime, a very different situation to the many questions marks that were hanging over the squad ahead of the Chelsea game last Sunday.

“The injury news is quite good compared to last week,” Arsène Wenger told Arsenal TV Online on Thursday afternoon. “The only one who is problematic is Theo Walcott. He is not fit to practice. He has had flu and has not recovered completely. Everybody else is available.”

Therefore Emmanuel Eboue is fit despite being stretchered off against Avram Grant’s side.

Arsenal TV Online subscribers will be able to see the full pre-match interview on Friday. In it Wenger talks about Juande Ramos’ revolution at Spurs, fans’ behaviour, the importance of this derby, the performance at Blackburn, Eduardo’s finishing and Alex Song’s defending, why Chelsea was the key win of the season and William Gallas’ goal.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal will face AC Milan in the Champions League

Arsenal will play AC Milan in the First Knockout Round of the Champions League.

[Linked Image]

Arsène Wenger's team were paired with the European champions when the draw for the last 16 of this season's competition took place at UEFA Headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland on Friday.

Arsenal lost 2-0 on aggregate to AC Milan in the 1995 European Super Cup. The teams have never met in the Champions League.

Arsenal.com will have reaction from the draw later today.

Champions League draw:

Celtic v Barcelona
Lyon v Manchester United
Schalke v Porto
Liverpool v Inter Milan
Roma v Real Madrid
Arsenal v AC Milan
Olympiakos v Chelsea
Fenerbahce v Sevilla

Wassertraeger
Wassertraeger

Flamini: Muss Arsenal um Verbleib fürchten?
Mathieu Flamini
Donnerstag 20. Dezember 2007 12:50 Uhr

Vier namfhafte Vereine zeigen an dem Mittelfeldspieler von Arsenal Interesse

Wie berichtet ist Arsenal bereit, den im Sommer auslaufenden Vertrag mit Mathieu Flamini um mehrere Jahre zu verlängern. Allerdings müssen sich die "Gunners" in Acht nehmen. Die beiden italienischen Spitzenvereine Inter Mailand und Juventus Turin beobachten den Spieler seit längerem mit Interesse und könnten jetzt aufgrund des auslaufenden Kontraktes die Initiative ergreifen. Auch Valencia und Atlético Madrid beobachten die Situation aufmerksam. "Im Januar werde ich mich entscheiden. Wir werden sehen, was passiert. Bei Arsenal gefällt es mir, aber ich muss sehen, wie sich meine Situation entwickelt", so der 23-Jährige.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
C Milan Champions League dates announced

Our UEFA Champions League 1st knock out round fixtures will be played as under:

1st leg
Arsenal v AC Milan
Wednesday 20th February 2008
Kick Off 7.45 (UK time)
At Emirates Stadium

2nd leg
AC Milan v Arsenal
Tuesday 4th March 2008
Kick Off 7.45 (UK time)
At San Siro Stadium

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - We must find Milan’s Euro secret

Arsène Wenger knows he must find the key to Milan’s Champions League success before the Italian side meet Arsenal in this season’s Knockout Stage.

The Rossaneri have been to the Final of the competition three times in the past six seasons, winning it twice. They triumphed only last May with a 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

However in recent years Milan have struggled in Serie A. Last season they finished 36 points adrift of the leaders and at the moment the margin is 22 points as Carlo Ancelotti’s side languish in 11th place. For Wenger, that chequered history makes them both dangerous and beatable.

[Linked Image]

“The draw is interesting and exciting,” he said. “But do I believe that we can do it? Yes. AC can be really average in the championship but can raise their game on big occasions. That is something that is really surprising. They look invincible in Europe but beatable in Italy. They had an average championship last year and have again this year. We have to analyse what gets them there on the special occasion.

Wenger argued that, “on paper”, Milan represented the hardest draw of any of the English sides.

“But I don't believe there is a lot of difference between Inter, the leaders, and AC at the moment,” added the Frenchman. “However Inter is dominant in the championship.

"Still I believe we can knock AC Milan out and why should we reduce our ambitions? As well, I believe my squad can improve until the end of February and beginning of March.

"What I would like my squad to do now is to focus on the Premier League and be in a comfortable position when we play Milan, so that, at that time, we can focus completely on the Champions League during these 15 days.”

In the meantime the Arsenal manager added that he is starting his research almost immediately. He is flying to Italy for the Milan derby this weekend.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Arsenal won a bruising, breathless and ultimately brilliant North London derby at Emirates Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The winner arrived 15 minutes from time when Nicklas Bendtner came off the bench to power home a close-range header with his first touch.

However that had come shortly after Manuel Almunia had prevented Tottenham taking a surprise lead by turning aside Robbie Keane’s penalty.

And that had only happened after Dimitar Berbatov had expertly equalised Emmanuel Adebayor’s strike three minutes into the second half.

All the action came after the break. The first period had been poor. Arsenal were not fluent and Tottenham were defending deeply.

But the second half was your typical rollercaster ride — fast, nerve-jangling, occasionally inducing a little queasiness yet wonderfully satisfying.

At the final whistle, the Arsenal players ran to Almunia. Perhaps that is the best indication of the turning point today. Make no mistake, the home side were teetering for a time.

Still Wenger’s men keep on finding a way to win and this afternoon they gave their supporters a wonderful Christmas present — beating Tottenham to stay top of the Premier League.

It really doesn’t get much better than this.

Wenger retained the side that had beaten Chelsea on Sunday. However Robin van Persie, a substitute against Avram Grant’s side, was left out of the squad after picking up “a knock”. Emmanuel Eboue started despite being stretchered off last weekend. Cesc Fabregas, Mathieu Flamini and Alex Hleb had all been doubt for that fixture; they kept their places for the derby.

[Linked Image]

In fact it was Tottenham who had the injury worries — particularly in defence. Three of their back four were playing out of position. Arsenal tried to exploit the weakness in the opening minutes.

Wenger’s side tore forward from the first whistle. Flamini hooked an early effort into the sidenetting then, in the fourth minute, Kolo Toure stabbed a low shot at Paul Robinson from a Fabregas free-kick.

However there are signs that Juande Ramos is starting to exert a positive influence at White Hart Lane. They withstood the home pressure and, in the ninth minute, they worked a good position on the right. Only Bacary Sagna’s flicked header prevented Aaron Lennon’s whipped-in cross reaching Robbie Keane.

If Tottenham’s aim was to keep Arsenal at bay and quieten the crowd then they succeeded in the 15 minutes that followed. Hleb probed well, Flamini ran intelligently and Adebayor’s movement caused constant headaches for the visitors but Robinson was untroubled.

However, at the same time, Arsenal were forcing Tottenham to play on the back foot and therefore they created virtually nothing themselves.

In the 34th minute Adebayor held the ball up for Eboue to slide a fierce shot goalwards. Robinson threw himself to his left to save. It was the best chance of the half so far.

Before the whistle blew Spurs threatened a little. Berbatov floated a free-kick into the arms of Almunia then Kevin Prince Boateng hacked an effort over the bar following good work from Robbie Keane and Lennon on the right.

But three minutes from time Arsenal conjured up an altogether better chance. Toure met a Fabregas corner with his head and Robinson gymnastically palmed the ball aside once again.

It was a lively end to an otherwise sterile first half.

Arsenal need a spark. Their passing and invention had been strangely lacking. That, combined with Tottenham’s desire to get 10 men behind the ball, was strangling the life out of this derby.

However the game changed within precisely two minutes 19 seconds of the restart. That was when Rosicky collected the ball in midfield and sent a reverse pass to Fabregas, who was scampering into the area. The Spaniard had spotted Adebayor ghosting in behind. He held off his marker and backheeled the ball into the path of the Togolese striker who slid home his 10th Premier League goal of the season.

As against Chelsea last week, Arsenal had broken the deadlock at a crucial time.

In fact the home side nearly got a double-whammy. They won possession from the kick-off and Fabregas fired over the bar.

A confident Arsenal held Tottenham captive in their own half for the five minutes which followed the goal. This would be the biggest test of the visitors’ new-found confidence.

Just past the hour Eboue fired in a low cross from the right and Arsenal had a claim for a penalty when Younes Kaboul appeared to clip Rosicky.

However Tottenham were starting to stir. Lennon teased Clichy and floated a hanging cross to the far post where Robbie Keane hammered a shot against the bar. Then in the 66th minute the Irishman collected Pascal Chimbonda’s long ball forward, reached the byline and backheeled the ball for Berbatov to thump his effort high into the net at the near post.

Now Tottenham had the initiative. They pressed forward and troubled Arsenal into conceding a penalty 18 minutes from time when Toure clipped Barbatov. Keane stepped up to take the spot-kick but this time it was Almunia who pulled off a low save to his right.

It was now an end-to-end game. The midfield was just a mirage and both sides were attacking at will. With 15 minutes left both side made attacking substitutions — Bendtner for Eboue, Jermain Defoe for Keane.

Tottenham had not seen the big Dane before so perhaps that was the reason they left him completely unmarked from a Fabregas corner and, with his first touch, Bendtner powered home a header from close-range.

What a way to introduce yourself to a North London derby.

Bendtner nearly set-up Adebayor for the third but the African was muscled out as he raced through the middle. Tottenham’s main threat in the final stages was substitute Adel Taarabt but his trickery had no end-product.

Arsenal deservedly held on to their victory and their lead of the Premier League.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: 'After the penalty miss I thought we could win it'

Barclays Premier League
Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham H.

On doing the double over Spurs...
"I think it's one of the few years we beat Tottenham home and away. Even if you have a good record, I cannot remember many days when we got three points out of games like today, so that's a good sign. Even if we are not at our best we can still make three points. Of course, that is good for the belief but you cannot play every week like that and get three points."

On the tradition of the Xmas leaders going on to win the title...
"I believe it is important to be top of the League, I hope your statistics are right, you know? So if they are really right, let's go to the end of the season and give us the title [laughter]. That's the best we can do. I feel it's too tight to say that, in the last two seasons it was only Chelsea or Man United at Christmas, this time there are more teams in it."

On a sloppy first half...
"No, we were not as sharp as we are used to, especially in the first half. In the second half we played much better but once we were 1-0 up we wanted too much to keep the score. That allowed them back into the game, and then Keane missed a sitter, Almunia stopped the penalty and in the end we found the second goal. I thought when they missed the penalty, 'now we can win the game', but if he had scored the penalty I would have thought as well, 'now we have many chances to lose the game.'"

On the rise of Manuel Almunia...
"He came here without a CV and without a name, so you have to make a name with performances in a big club. As a goalkeeper without a name it's not easy. He had to make experience inside the club at some stage. You see your senior goalkeeper is good, how can he become a goalkeeper for Arsenal Football Club? By playing. But you know, he has never played in a big club before and he will make a few mistakes. At the moment he looks to me, in three or four games, he has gained calm and confidence. You see that he is a good goalkeeper."

On scoring from corners...
"I think we have resulted by having Bendtner, 6ft 4ins, good in the air. He scored a great header. It is strange because when a guy comes on, you organise your team. For example Tottenham makes individual marking - 'you take him, you take him, you take him'. And there's a fraction of a second where you cannot communicate when a guy comes on, and you could see he was completely free. That's what happens sometimes because nobody on the pitch says 'you take this tall guy', and we scored."

[Linked Image]

On Dimitar Berbatov...
"He's a bit like Thierry Henry, position-wise, because he doesn't turn up where you want him to turn up, he knows where to be. Frankly I thought he was outstanding today. Keane had a good game as well, they worked all very hard. They defended very well Tottenham when they lost the ball."

On his Christmas DVD's...
"Many yes, we have this to watch today and then Portsmouth to prepare for. I will be able to watch to watch Milan tomorrow. "

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Make Adebayor African Footballer of the Year

Emmanuel Adebayor has been shortlisted for the BBC African Footballer of the Year award.

[Linked Image]

The Arsenal striker is up against Chelsea duo Didier Drogba and Michael Essien plus Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Sevilla's Frederic Kanoute (Sevilla and Mali).

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: 'We knew we could win without being at our best'

On winning without being at their best...
"You can call it what you want but it was a welcome goal. I feel we had a difficult first-half, we were not sharp and Tottenham had a very good first-half. We needed to raise our game and we did in the second-half but after we went 1-0 up we looked to be in control of the game but we released the pressure on them and allowed them back in.

Overall we are conscious that we were not at our best for 90 minutes today - only in patches - and as well that they missed a sitter through Robbie Keane and Almunia stopped a great penalty for us. That was the turning point of the game.

A good sign of today is we knew we could win the game without being at our best and that is something that tells you about the maturity and mental strength of the team. We know the players want it but were not so sharp today."

On the goalkeepers...
"I am not in a situation where I have any bad feeling towards Jens Lehmann at all because I can understand him. He is a 200 per cent professional, he fights everyday to be in the team but we have three keepers' of top, top class and the two that do not play can feel it is not justified. It is not only Lehmann, it is Fabianski as well and he showed himself at Blackburn.

"At the end of the day I can only chose one and Almunia is doing very well. The more experience he gets the better he plays. I feel he is a player without a CV when he came here. He had to create that and when you do that as a keeper at a big club it is very difficult. He had limited experience but he worked very hard. He didn't come here with a big name and of course you have to make it and you make it with performances."

On the admission of Robin van Persie...
"Robin van Persie is a few days away. I don't know whether he will play at Portsmouth or Everton but one of the two. I would say, being cautious, we plan for Everton rather than Portsmouth. It is a little muscular problem, but a very minor one. We nearly played him today but we didn't want to take a gamble."

On Nicklas Bendtner...
"We don't control the young lads. We give them an opportunity to play. Nicklas Bendtner is 19 years of age and I don't feel anywhere else in the world you have as many young players in a big club so the best chance is always to stay where you are, especially if you are going to play. Nicklas is here now for four years and we have developed him and want to keep him. He is close to a start and of course he will play."

On getting results...
"In some ways we played a top level game last week and we relaxed a bit after that and thought against Tottenham it would be a little bit easier. We play Chelsea at home and Tottenham at home and got six points. You cannot say we have underperformed or underachieved. To have 43 points after 18 games, 20 to go means we are in a very strong position. It is true today you can argue with the points we got but in all the rest we got what we deserved. "

On having faith...
"I am always convinced of us but maybe I am an optimistic man. I thought it was possible to be where we are now, but when I listened to the television or the radio somewhere I thought that I must be crazy but that wasn't new for me."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Gamble pays off as Almunia shows his class

It's one thing for an unknown teenager to make his name at Arsenal. But an unheralded goalkeeper in his early 30s? Manuel Almunia is certainly bucking the trend.

The Spaniard enhanced his reputation again on Saturday, saving Robbie Keane's penalty in the North London derby with the scores locked at 1-1 and just 18 minutes to play. Almunia's intervention was the catalyst for a memorable home win as Nicklas Bendtner soared highest to head home the winner.

The Dane, like so many others, arrived at Arsenal with bags of potential but little experience. Almunia, in sharp contrast, looked to have missed the boat when he was plucked from relative obscurity in the summer of 2004. As Celta Vigo's keeper, Almunia was farmed out on loan to Eibar, Recreativo Huelva and Albacete before Wenger took a chance on the then 27-year-old. It looks like the gamble has paid off.

"He came here without a CV but he has made a name for himself, which is not easy at a big club," said Wenger.

"We always knew he was good but we were asking ourselves: 'How can he become the goalkeeper for Arsenal?' He had not played in a big club before and he made a few mistakes but now he looks like he has gained confidence and everyone can see how good he is."

Almunia played second fiddle to Jens Lehmann for three long seasons before grasping his opportunity three games into the current campaign. Wenger believes that the Spaniard is under more pressure than most keepers because the man breathing down his neck has a stack of medals and international caps to his name.

But it's a sign of Almunia's progress that Wenger believes he is good enough to represent his adopted country when the Spaniard qualifies for English citizenship next year.

"Everyone makes mistakes - Reina, van der Sar, everyone," said Wenger. "But he [Almunia] was under more pressure than anyone else in the Premier League because he has been under pressure from an outstanding goalkeeper in Jens Lehmann.

[Linked Image]

"He has not only a lack of experience but someone behind him who is excellent and that is a tough test. If he has a bad game, he is under pressure to get back to form straight away because he knows who else we have. I don't know about Jens' remarks or not but he has had to deal with it. It's a double-pressure.

"That's the way of things when you are top-level sportsmen: the competition is very strong. It comes from within your camp and also from your opponents.

"I don't know why he hasn't been called up by Spain but all I would say is that England should take advantage of it and call him up."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Bendtner - Young Guns will fire title challenge

Nicklas Bendtner believes there are plenty of young Gunners who are ready to follow his example and make a real contribution in Arsenal’s title bid.

The 19-year-old striker headed home the winner in a see-saw game against Tottenham on Saturday. Within seconds of coming off the bench the Dane met Cesc Fabregas’ corner to score with his first touch in a North London derby.

Having been teetering for a time, Arsenal needed a spark from the bench and Bendtner feels the emerging young talent in the squad can play a part in such circumstances throughout the team’s title bid.

“It is the squad that wins all the games,” said the former Birmingham loanee. “You need to have a strong squad these days. If someone is tired later in the season it is important that you have someone who can come in and take over. The young players showed that in the game against Blackburn. You could call that the second team if you like but we showed what we can do - it seems everyone is ready and can step in and do the job.”

Meanwhile it turns out that Bendtner’s contribution on Saturday was inspired by Vic Akers, the Arsenal kit man.

"Arsene had actually told me to get on and tell Sagna to defend,” he remarked. “But I said to Vic our kit man to get me on for the corner and I'll score for you. It was quite funny when it actually happened.

"It was fantastic really. My first touch in a derby and my first Premier League goal. People said to me that they don't remember that ever happening and I don't think it will happen in a long time.

"I’d only ever played Reserves against Spurs before. It was my first time in the first team against them. It's always good to score in the Tottenham game because it's such a big rivalry. But what is also important is the win - that is the best thing we got from this game.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
If a Premier League season is like a marathon then it is around this time of year you start looking for milestones.

When Arsenal beat Tottenham on Saturday to secure themselves top spot at Christmas, the statistics were quickly rolled out. Apparently the last four title-winners had led the table during Yuletide.

"It's important to be top and I hope the statistic proves right," said Arsène Wenger when confronted with the fact. "If it does then let's just go straight to the end of the season now!

"But really I feel it's too early to say. In the last two seasons at this stage there was only one team involved - Chelsea or Manchester United. This year there are more teams in it so it's impossible to say how things will happen. Being top now is no insurance.

"However this is one of the few years we have beaten Tottenham home and away. It's a good sign and it should increase the belief of the team. It shows we can get three points without being at our best."

Indeed. For all their flowing football, it is Arsenal's new-found ability to grind out tough wins in tight situations that has set this title challenge apart from previous versions.

And here's a little more number crunching. Arsenal's season reaches the halfway point at Portsmouth on Boxing Day. A victory in their 19th Premier League game this term would give them 46 points. If they were to get another 46 in the second half of their campaign they would achieve a tally surpassed only once in the history of the competition.

Not that Wenger is willing to assume anything. The Frenchman is in the midst of his 12th annual crush of festive fixtures. December will see Arsenal play as many Premier League games as they will in January and February combined. And the manager wants to end it the right way at Fratton Park and then Goodison Park.

"We know that the Christmas period is heavy for us," he said. "We played Chelsea and Tottenham at home now have Portsmouth and Everton away. Therefore at the end of Christmas we'll know much more about our chances to win the Premier League."

Harry Redknapp's side have fallen away in recent weeks after a surprising start to the campaign.

"In my opinion they are a team who can finish in the top eight," said Wenger. "Whether they can get into the top four? Well perhaps they have dropped too many points at home. But they have an impressive record particularly away from home and the strong side of Portsmouth this year is their physical potential. Their power.

"At the back they have Distin, Pamarot, Johnson and Sol Campbell. They are all very strong and difficult to move. They have a similar strength in the midfield where I feel John Utaka has been a very good buy for them. There is strength with Kanu and Kranjcar while Benjani has been scoring goals this season for them."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Arsenal were top at Christmas, but they've been knocked off their perch before the turkey has gone cold.

A goalless draw at Portsmouth, coupled with Manchester United's crushing win at Sunderland, leaves Arsene Wenger's side one point behind the champions at the halfway point of the Premier League season.

Tomas Rosicky went closest to breaking the deadlock. The Czech international tested David James with a long-range curler in the first half, shot wide after a swerving run in the second half and missed the best chance of the game in the last minute of stoppage time after good approach play from substitute Nicklas Bendtner. Benjani provided Pompey's most dangerous moments but a draw was probably a fair result.

This was not a night to remember but perspective is needed. Arsenal's tally of 44 points from 19 games has exceeded expectations this season. If they can maintain that standard in the second half of the campaign, the pre-season title outsiders will be there or thereabouts in May.

Before the game Wenger suggested he would not risk Robin van Persie's thigh strain and so it proved. The Frenchman named the same XI which started against Tottenham on Saturday but opted for rotation among the substitutes with Abou Diaby, Lassana Diarra and Alex Song joining derby hero Bendtner on the bench.

There were some familiar faces in the Pompey side with Kanu, Sol Campbell and Lauren starting against their former club. Indeed, the home team fielded three regulars from the 'Invincibles' side compared to just one - Kolo Toure - in the Gunners line-up. Strange indeed.

Arsenal handed out a 5-1 beating to Pompey in the FA Cup here a few years ago but, generally, games between these teams at Fratton Park have been tight encounters. Tonight's meeting followed the rule, not the exception. It was no great surprise - Pompey had failed to score in six hours of Premier League football at Fratton Park and both sides fielded a lone striker for much of the game. It made for a rather dull affair, particularly in the first half.

[Linked Image]

It might have been a different story had the six-foot-plus Emmanuel Adebayor met Emmanuel Eboue's drilled cross into the box after just 42 seconds. Instead it was the diminutive Cesc Fabregas in the centre-forward position - and the ball merely skimmed off his head.

Eboue created that chance with a driving run into the box and he was at the heart of Arsenal's best early efforts. The Ivorian played a neat one-two with Adebayor after five minutes but his first-time effort whistled well over the bar. Nine minutes later he at least warmed the palms of James with a low shot from the edge of the box.

At the other end Kanu played Benjani through but his cut-back eluded Sulley Muntari. But neither side had got into their stride and Arsenal's most creative players - Fabregas, Alex Hleb and Rosicky - were struggling to get into the game.

Nico Kranjcar showed good footwork to create a shooting chance from 20 yards after 27 minutes but his fizzing effort flew a yard wide of Almunia's left-hand post with the Spaniard at full stretch. Then Rosicky cut inside and curled a sumptuous effort towards the top corner. James timed his leap to perfection to pluck the ball from the air.

It was difficult to see where a goal was coming from but the game opened up slightly after the break.

Benjani fired the first salvo of the second half, beating Clichy on the outside and testing Almunia at his near post with a rasping drive. But Arsenal pressed forward and, until the hour mark, set up camp in the Pompey half.

Half-chances came and went. Bacary Sagna burst into the box but his cross, directed towards Adebayor, was diverted behind for a corner. Toure picked up the pieces when the corner was delivered and went down under Richard Hughes' challenge. Steve Bennett waved the penalty claims away. Then Hleb raced past Campbell on the left and reached the byline with Adebayor screaming for a cut-back and Fabregas calling for a far-post cross. Both were denied as Hleb's delivery sliced out of play.

Rosicky was making the difference, exerting more influence on the game after swapping positions with Hleb. But it wasn't one-way traffic. Pompey had their moments too.

Kanu lashed high and wide just after the hour mark and Almunia had to race out of his goal to clear as Benjani homed in a few minutes later. The same striker leapt to meet a left-wing cross with 24 minutes left but his downward header lacked power. Then Kranjcar turned Sagna inside out on the left and fired in low shot which bobbled up off the turf. Almunia did well to hold on.

Wenger replaced Eboue with Diaby and then Hleb with Bendtner but Rosicky looked the most likely, swivelling past Lauren on the left-hand side of the box before poking a left-foot shot wide of James' near post. At the other end Benjani raced clear and knocked the ball past Almunia, but Clichy raced back to clear the danger as the Pompey striker looked to apply the finishing touch.

William Gallas, who has popped up with some vital late goals for Arsenal this season, almost did the trick again two minutes from time. He collected Fabregas' low pass six yards out with Campbell in close attention. The captain's spin was excellent but his shot skewed just over the bar.

Then, with seconds remaining, Rosicky spurned a great chance to snatch the points. Fabregas found Bendtner inside the box. He chested the ball down, turned past his marker and poked the ball towards Rosicky. The Czech star met it first-time but his right-foot shot flew inches wide with James beaten. It summed up the game - not bad, but not good enough.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Clichy - Title race is tough, but we can win it

Portsmouth 0-0 Arsenal

Nineteen games, 44 points. Arsenal may have slipped off their perch at the top of the Premier League but at the halfway stage of the season it's a case of 'so far, so good'.

Arsene Wenger's side have lost just once and lie one point adrift of the leaders, Manchester United. As far as Gael Clichy is concerned, the title will be within Arsenal's grasp if they maintain their standards in the second half of the season.

"I think it's not too bad," he told Arsenal.com. "It's a shame we couldn't stay top until the New Year but that's the way it is. Manchester United are a strong side, Liverpool and Chelsea as well.

"We know the race for the title is going to be tough. United went in front of us today but let's do a good job at Everton at the weekend. We can be first again in the New Year. It would be great for us and for the fans."

Arsenal were widely regarded as also-rans last summer in the wake of Thierry Henry's departure plus major investment from their title rivals. Indeed, Tottenham were tipped to replace the Gunners in the Premier League's top four.

In that respect Wenger's side have exceeded most pre-season expectations. But is Clichy surprised that Arsenal have set the pace for much of the campaign?

"No, not at all," he insisted. "When you play for a club like Arsenal you just want to win all the games and be the best at the top level.

[Linked Image]

"Week-in week-out you have to be focused for every game, even in the Carling Cup. You have to be ready because the team needs you. The objective is the same - we have to win, win and win again."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'One-point difference is not that big a deal'

Portsmouth 0-0 Arsenal

on the game...
"It was frustrating because we are not used to not scoring. It was frustrating we could not get an opening. I feel we gave absolutely everything and the positive side was that we did not concede a goal. Our game in the final third was not decision-wise good enough to open them up and we had a few opportunities at the start of the game that we didn't use well."

on Portsmouth's tactics...
"I didn't think Portsmouth played at all in the second half, they didn't come out at all, they just defended. It was surprising to see them just make up the numbers with 10 at the back. It is difficult because they have experience in defence, their midfield was highly focused on defending they just left Kanu on his own up front. You cannot play like that every week. They conceded four goals at Liverpool and after that the team is just ready to focus on defending but you cannot play like that every week."

on beating 'negative' teams...
"I'm not disappointed with Harry Redknapp. we faced a problem we have to find a solution to. No matter what problem we face we have to find a solution. They did what they did well but you cannot expect them to play all the games at home and not come out of their half. Maybe against Manchester United or Arsenal or in special circumstances. Credit to them they did well what they wanted to do. We were not quick enough or sharp enough. And maybe our position on the field was too narrow to open them up completely."

on whether he lacked options up front...
"Maybe, but we had many offensive players, we had Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Adebayor and Diaby when he came on, but Portsmouth defended very well I feel."

on why he didn't bring Bendtner on earlier...
"We had the [injury] problem with William Gallas, we didn't know how long he would last, we were looking for the break in the middle the park, we were very open in the end."

[Linked Image]

on taking two points from nine on the road...
"It is the 26th of December and we lost one game since the beginning of the championship. So we have problems? You convince me we are in crisis - if we do six months again and lose no games we will be champions."

on losing top spot to Manchester United...
"I prefer to be in front but a one-point difference is not a big deal. I believe we just have to focus on our performances and get a good result at Everton and everything is alright."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie will NOT return against Everton

Everton v Arsenal

Robin van Persie will NOT be fit to return against Everton on Saturday - and William Gallas is a doubt for the weekend trip to Merseyside.

The Dutch striker made his first start for two months against Steaua Bucharest on December 12 after a long-term knee injury and came on as a substitute against Chelsea four days later.

He was sidelined for the north London derby with what was described by Arsene Wenger as a "little muscular problem, but a very minor one". Van Persie was expected to feature at Everton but that is no longer the case. To make matters worse, Gallas suffered an injury against Portsmouth on Boxing Day.

[Linked Image]

"Van Persie will not play on Saturday," confirmed Wenger after the 0-0 draw at Fratton Park. "We don't know about Gallas yet. He got a kick on his foot late in the first half."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'He gives them drive, determination and goals'

Everton v Arsenal

Liverpool was tricky, Manchester United was tough, but Saturday's trip to Everton could be Arsenal's sternest test of the season so far.

Arsene Wenger's side have a pretty mediocre record at Goodison Park while David Moyes' side are one of the Premier League's form horses. Their only defeat in 14 matches was an ill-deserved, last-gasp loss at Old Trafford before Christmas.

Everton have pace, power, creativity and, since the signing of Yakubu and the return to fitness of Tim Cahill, a real cutting edge. If any team is going to break into the 'Big Four' this season, you suspect it will be them.

We spoke to Dominic King of the Liverpool Echo ahead of Saturday's game at Goodison Park. Read on for his take on Everton's season so far, the influence of Cahill, the impact of the new signings and the tactical approach of Moyes.
THE STORY SO FAR

THE STORY SO FAR
"They have been in terrific form. Whether the Merseyside derby defeat was the thing they needed to jolt them into life I don't know but it certainly seems that way. The run of form has been fantastic. This is comfortably the best squad David Moyes has had. The significant thing now is when he takes one of his big guns out of the team he's got quality to replace them with. They say you need two players for every position and it's definitely getting that way. The top four and the Champions League will certainly be the aim. Christmas is a hugely important time so they need to keep their run of form going with some tough games ahead."
MAN OF THE MOMENT

MAN OF THE MOMENT
"The goals that Tim Cahill brings from midfield are absolutely phenomenal. He's got the knack of being in the right place at the right time which is absolutely priceless for a manager to be able to call upon. But not only that, people underestimate the drive and determination Cahill brings to the team. He can make things happen in games when things might be going a bit flat. Mikel Arteta is also important to Everton but the pressure has been taken off him a little by the form of Steven Pienaar, who's on loan from Borussia Dortmund. His influence has grown and grown with every game he plays."
NEW FACES

NEW FACES
"Leighton Baines has been terrific, I think he'll be England's left back in a couple of years, maybe even next season. He's got everything you want from a defender. Jagielka is settling in and in recent weeks he's looked like he's got to grips with things. Yakubu's goals have been a huge bonus, he's right up there with the top scorers in the league and I think this will be the season where he'll finally get 20 goals. There aren't any obvious areas which need strengthening in the Everton squad but the manager has made no secret of the fact that he wants to bring in another midfielder, maybe someone with a bit of stature, someone with strength who can pick a pass. He might be after a left-sided midfielder as well but I don't think there's a pressing need to bring players in as there was a couple of years ago."
TALKING TACTICS

TALKING TACTICS
"David Moyes will set Everton up the same way he always does. He favours a 4-1-4-1 formation with Lee Carsley sitting deep in midfield and Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar and maybe Thomas Gravesen and then Yakubu up front. As usual Everton will be difficult to beat and they will try to cause problems if and when they can."
IMPRESSIONS OF ARSENAL

IMPRESSIONS OF ARSENAL
"I think the view of Arsenal on Merseyside is the same around the country. They are a fabublous side, comfortably the best in the league to watch. Arsene Wenger has done an absolutely magnificent job, they have a really impressive team developing. It's always good to see Arsenal at Goodison because you know they are going to play good football."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Key Battles: The players to watch on Saturday

A repeat of last season's defeat on the blue side of Mersyside would have repercussions for Arsenal's title challenge but the Gunners travel north with just two points from their last three away fixtures while Everton are a form side with just one defeat in 14 in all competitions. Arsenal have struggled at Goodison Park in the league, winning just once in their last five attempts and failing to score in their last two. This season Arsenal.com will be identifying the key battles for each Premier League game and bringing you all the statistics and information a fan could need. Swot up now and come Saturday you'll be impressing anyone who'll listen with your new-found knowledge.

Leighton Baines v Alex Hleb
Injury to Alex Hleb cut short what was becoming his finest hoard of games for the Club. However since returning to action against Chelsea the Belarussian has failed to assert the influence that earned him his plaudits. In the absence of Robin van Persie, Hleb played as the main source of support for Emmanuel Adebayor, providing two goals and four assists. The 26-year-old dazzling feet and ability to wriggle out of a tight spot is his greatest attribute - 21 dribbles made. Deployed either as a wide man or slightly more central he opts for an incisive pass rather than a cross - 85 passes made and only two successful crosses. Following Leighton Baines' summer move to Everton, the England Under-21 international has been dogged by injury. The former Wigan man is a glittering example of the work done by his previous employers, climbing the ladder to success as quickly as the team itself. His attacking prowess has wavered somewhat with just one shot on target and one assist. He has though burst forward on 15 occasions, delivering a successful cross twice. On the back foot he remains sturdy having lost just one tackle.

[Linked Image]

Mikel Arteta v Bacary Sagna
Every great team has a great creative mind in its midst. For David Moyes' high-flying Toffees Mikel Arteta is that mind. Influential across the midfield, the Spaniard, since the emergence of Steven Pinenar in the middle, has featured largely from wide left. From there he has scored once and added five assists. Equally adept at shooting - 22 at goal with half hitting the target - and at passing - 128 made with 60 per cent reaching their target - the 25-year-old will have a major say in the outcome of the fixture. In stark contrast, Bacary Sagna is a rough and rugged defender, whose performance on Saturday will be as telling as that of Arteta. The summer acquisition from Auxerre has been a revelation for the Gunners and has lost just three tackles all season. Seemingly always positioned perfectly he has made several telling interceptions, most notably flicking the ball away from Robbie Keane's expectant head midway through the first-half of last week's North London derby. Pushing forward to great effect, the French international is yet to be stopped when running with the ball and has registered three assists for the Club.

[Linked Image]

Ayegbeni Yakubu v Kolo Toure
David Moyes fought tooth and nail to acquire Nigerian striker Yakubu from Middlesbrough. The stocky front-man has repaid the Scot's perseverance with some wonderful displays including a sublime hat-trick a few weeks ago. The ex-Portsmouth player notched on his debut and has an impressive haul of nine for the season. However he is yet to lay on a telling pass for a team-mate. Twenty-two shots on target is testament to his keen eye for goal, while 18 tackles made (please note a mistake on the below table) proves he never shirks a challenge. Arsenal's own African star, Kolo Toure, has had a enjoyed a typically solid campaign. His pace remains a deadly attribute, while his positional and tactical awarness is exceptional - the Ivorian has made 34 clearances and won 13 tackles. True to his calm nature, Toure exhibits a rare ball-playing skill for a defender - he has made a staggering 122 passes and embarked on eight successful dribbles.

[Linked Image]

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Players must fight for their places

Arsene Wenger understands the frustration of players who cannot force their way into the Arsenal first team but he insists that competition is part and parcel of life at a big club.

The form of Cesc Fabregas and Mathieu Flamini has restricted Lassana Diarra's opportunities since he swapped Chelsea for Arsenal in August. The Frenchman has made 12 appearances in total with six of those in the Premier League.

Reports of Diarra's unhappiness have appeared in the media and he has been linked with a move away from Emirates Stadium in January. Wenger sympathises with Diarra's plight but has urged him to fight for his place.

"You can not be in the game so long and not understand the frustation of the players who do not play but at the end of the day I will act for what is good for the Club," said Wenger. "That is my first responsibility. What is important is what is good for hundreds of thousands, not for just one.

"Diarra is a fantastic player, he is 100 per cent professional in training every day. There is no problem and he is in the squad tomorrow. I try to make everybody happy but it is impossible. But it is part of your job, you cannot always feel sorry for players who are frustrated. When you are a professional football player, competition is part of your job.

"What I cannot understand is people who are surprised that there is competition at a big club. If you change tomorrow to another big club there is competition again. You have another manager who at the end of the week picks 11 players and 15 will have to deal with the situation. Why does that raise questions? It is part of our job.

"It is completely normal that he wants to play. You cannot be at our level, in one of the biggest clubs in the world, paid at a fantastic level and have no competition. I am always surprised to be asked about it. We are not in kindergarten here, we are in a job for men."

Wenger is renowned for giving young players their chance in the first team - Cesc Fabregas, Nicolas Anelka, Patrick Vieira and countless others can testify to that. The Arsenal manager believes that Diarra's opportunity will also come.

"You tell me one club in the world, of this size, that gives the chances to young players like we do. There isn't one. At our club young players are in paradise because usually you wait until 26 or 27. You go to Madrid, Milan, where do the young players play?

"Players like Diarra are top level. But you have moments in your career when the team is doing well, you have a player in front of you, and that is hard luck. But still at the end of the day it is a job for strong people and those who stay strong always come out.

"At a big club there is big competition. Diarra has the talent to be in a big club. I can understand that he is unhappy not to play but you have to stay where you belong - and he belongs to a big club. If he continues to fight he will play."

Seite 2 von 41 1 2 3 4 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von dragoon - 19/03/2024 12:39
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 15/03/2024 18:41
Beste Spielotheken Online
Beste Spielotheken Online
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
14 members (pik7, Martini, grottenoli, kafi112, Bambi, caro, dragoon, Hackentrick, Gamera, Haiefan), 3,881 Gäste, und 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 89
pik7 52
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,436
Beiträge120,988
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM