bet365
Winamax VfB Stuttgart
Winamax VfB Stuttgart VIP Tickets Gewinnspiel
ShoutChat
Kommentarrichtlinien: Posten Sie respektvolle und aufschlussreiche Kommentare. Kein Flamen, Hassen, Spam.
Neuste Mitglieder
Fancy_Franzi, Gamera, danny, gRuBer, Sport
3,864 Registrierte Mitglieder
bwin - Sportwetten Bonus
Bookie-News
Winamax Bonus Aktionen
von BjoernT4Y - 18/03/2024 16:48
Geburtstage heute
Es gibt keine Mitglieder mit Geburtstagen an diesem Tag.
Vorheriger Thread
Nächster Thread
Thread drucken
Bewertung: 5
Seite 3 von 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41
Beigetreten: Dec 2007
braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Eduardo 47, 58, Adebayor 78, Rosicky 94

Arsenal are back on top of the Premier League.

They were restored to the summit thanks to Manchester United’s defeat and then their own remarkable 4-1 comeback in a tempestuous game at Goodison Park on Saturday evening that saw both sides reduced to 10 men.

Tim Cahill’s goal deservedly gave the home side the advantage at the break. But within 12 minutes of the restart Arsenal had snatched the lead thanks to a fine brace from Eduardo, his first strikes in the Premier League.

Nicklas Bendtner’s dismissal in the 73rd minute threatened to unsettle the visitors as they started to look to the final whistle. But, in the end, they were handed a third goal when Emmanuel Abedayor profited from hesitancy between Joseph Yobo and Tim Howard.

Mikel Arteta threw out an arm at Cesc Fabregas in the 84th minute and also saw red. It undermined Everton’s late rally and substitute Tomas Rosicky added a fourth in injury time.

This was far from Arsenal’s best performance of the season but it did illustrate, perhaps more than any other game this term, the type of qualities they will need to win the title.

And, of course, they are now clear at the top by two points.

Wenger made three changes from the side held to a 0-0 draw at Portsmouth on Boxing Day. All smacked of rotation in order to accommodate the busy Christmas period. Emmanuel Eboue was rested entirely while Adebayor and Rosicky were left on the bench. As a result Bendtner and Eduardo were paired up front while Abou Diaby came in on the left. Alex Hleb went from support striker to right midfielder.

Just before kick-off, the visiting Arsenal supporters heard confirmation of Manchester United’s defeat at West Ham. It meant Wenger’s men would resume the lead of the Premier League with victory this evening. That was no formality however. They faced an Everton side who had a record of W12 D2 L1 in their last 15 games.

The start was scrappy. Arsenal were lively and inquisitive in the opening minutes however the best chance they conjured up was a goal-bound Fabregas shot that was blocked on the edge of the area. In fact Everton keeper Tim Howard would have worry-free first half.

As the game wore on, the home side took over - though Almunia was hardly overworked either. Gradually Arteta and Cahill started to find space in midfield while Yakubu’s muscle was proving a handful for the Arsenal defence. In the 19th minute the Nigerian went shoulder to shoulder with Kolo Toure, the visitors’ strongest player, and won a corner on the left-hand side.

Arteta whipped it into the six-yard box and the Arsenal defence hesitated. That was all that was required. The ball bobbled to the far post where a combination of Yakubu’s head and Cahill’s foot turned it home off the post. Eventually the strike was credited to the Australian but, from an Arsenal perspective, it had been all too easy.

Everton had been rightly confident before the goal. Afterwards they were full of vigour and determination. Steven Pienaar pulled an effort six yards wide of goal, Phil Neville drove over following a flowing move and, just before the whistle, Arteta forced a low save from Almunia.

Arsenal rallied briefly as the seconds ticked away but they could hardly argue with the scoreline at the interval.

But what a change after the restart.

Three minutes in, Clichy’s long ball forward caught the home defence napping. It flew over the backtracking Phil Jagielka and fell to the scampering Eduardo who showed commendable nerve to steer home his shot under pressure from three recovering defenders.

It was the Croatian’s first goal in 10 Premier League appearances and Arsenal’s 800th in the competition under Wenger.

Everton were suddenly subdued while the visitors had a spring in their step and a bite in their challenge.

However just before Arsenal took the lead, the home side spurned a superb chance to score a second themselves. Joleon Lescott fired over a cross from the left and Yakubu escaped from Toure to steer a powerful header wide.

Still Everton had already paid painful witness to Eduardo’s poaching ability and, in the 58th minute, he added a second. The 24-year-old collected Bendtner’s flick on the edge of the area, nudged the ball past Jagielka, ran around the other side and then slipped the ball past Howard.

A wonderful finish from an expert poacher.

Everton were stung. They did not deserve to be losing on the balance of play while Arsenal were attempting to pull off to a classic snatch-and-grab — the staple diet of Premier League champions.

However their chances of a clean getaway were dented in the 73rd minute when Bendtner picked up a second booking for a foul on Andy Johnson.

It was certainly a rash challenge but the dismissal was all the more distressing as Adebayor had been waiting to come on for a couple of minutes. With Eduardo on a hat-trick, it would seem safe to assume the Dane was about to be substituted.

The red card only added to the mounting Everton momentum. Almunia saved from both Johnson’s flick-on and Lee Carsley’s low shot in the 76th minute.

However for all their reputation for flowing football, it was a route-one goal that sealed the game two minutes later. Adebayor nipped in as Joseph Yobo tried to shepherd Almunia’s long punt forward towards his keeper. The Togolese striker’s touch bounced off Howard’s leg and fell kindly for him to race clear and tap the ball into the empty net.

The drama was not over. Six minutes from time Arteta received a straight red card for lashing out at Fabregas. The second dismissal brought a simmering game to the boil in the final few minutes

Rosicky fired in a fourth at the death. That was harsh on Everton who had bossed the game for much of the first half.

But, as well as a fluent side, Arsenal are a ruthless side these days.

And they are all the better for it.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: 'We battled for the three points, we had to'

Everton 1-4 Arsenal

on the three points and going top...
"For us it is a great result. We have showed that we can battle and we have a great spirit. We can cope with all the problems we face and that is always the sign of a very good side."

on the vital moments...
"The turning point was that we played well on set-pieces in the second half and also the spell where we had 10 men and they had 11 but we did not concede. Then they made the mistake that killed their game. I think 4-1 is hard on Everton, the difference was not as big as that. But when they were 3-1 down they lost a player and from then on it was impossible."

on making changes at the break...
"I was tempted yes but I felt the reason was that we were a bit nervous after the Manchester United result. We were against a good Everton side who stopped us playing. They did well. It was up to us to get the ball down and play more positive. And to be less nervous because we lost too many balls in the first half. After the break maybe we had the luck to score straight away, 1-1, and that changed the game. From then on we looked dangerous, Everton dropped physically maybe and the 2-1 came quickly."

on the red cards...
"Both were not completely obvious from the outside. I did not see the foul of Bendtner. It was certainly not malicious but clumsy. If it was a second yellow then we have to accept it. Arteta touched Cesc Fabregas because I asked him but I have not seen it on the tape."

on facing up to the physical battle...
"We battled, we had to. Last season here, Everton played a very physical game and they were very direct. And we lost. So I can understand that they repeated this tactic. We won today, but it was very close. I saw tapes of Everton before today and they played a completely different type of game. They were more direct than they were against Bolton, for example, when they were passing short all along the ground. It was strange for us. But we have faced so many teams in that style that it has made us stronger to face it. Maybe 18 months ago we would be beaten easily but we have had practice in this kind of game. Today we are less in danger."

on adapting Arsenal's style...
"When we do not win, many times people have questioned the way we play. When you want to play a different style first they fight it, then they accept it and, if you win, they love it. I hope we are in the third stage. But our style has to be convincing efficiency-wise because if you don’t win then people will always question you. We want to win and play the football we love. I am convinced that is the best way for us."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger: 'I still don't understand how it went in'
Arsenal 2-0 West Ham United

on a game of two halves...
"I felt in the first half West Ham were a few times dangerous, especially on set pieces, we didn't look at ease. In the second half we looked like we were in control without really pushing it to score more goals. But we just didn't want to concede a goal and I think that's the inference of our defenders who wanted to keep a clean sheet. West Ham maybe as well, who didn't come out in the second half and didn't challenge us really. We were quite comfortable in the second half and overall this Christmas period has been absolutely great for us because we had four difficult games and we come out with one draw and three wins. If you add Chelsea - four wins and one draw."

on scoring from long balls...
"Well the teams that come here play four-five-one and try to mark us very tight and push us up very high, you know. Therefore their defenders need to play nearly on the half way line, and with the players we have we can as well go behind the central defenders and that gives us naturally a different option. They have always two options - other teams - stop us from the start of the play or they drop very deep, and then of course we have not this option, but West Ham decided to push very high up and therefore they gave us some room behind the central defenders. We work on it of course, to work with the runs of Adebayor, because there is so much pace and power that he can use that, and as well he is shrewd to get in behind the central defenders. So it gives us a little bit a different option."

on a couple of well taken goals...
"I still don't understand how it went in. I feel the first goal was a great finish as well because it looked so natural. When you are... I got a few balls in this central position and I know it's not as easy as it looked today [laughter]. It looked just chest and then in the back of the net in a fraction of a second, you know? He's a clinical finisher, Eduardo."

on Clichy's long pass for Adebayor...
"It was a fantastic pass, he did that already at Everton. It's two assists in the last two games, Clichy. "

on a tense title race...
"It's too early to go into mind games, you know. I feel at the moment we have the luxury, going into January, that we rely on our performances. Man United will be a tough opponent but we have one thing - we have belief, we have talent, we are ready to fight. This team is hungry. So that's good ingredients for the rest, I don't count only Man United, I still feel Chelsea today... they were one-nil down - they won two-one, so we have still to count Chelsea. You have still to count Liverpool so let's see where we go from there."

on preferring to lead from the front...
"Yes, definitely. Because you just rely on your results, the other way you say 'no we do not look at the others' - but you still look at the others, you know? Because you are second, or third, or fourth. And you have to hope that the others don't perform."

on West Ham looking tired after beating United...
"Of course, it gave us a little plus, especially in the second half, they had nothing to push on. It happens to us as well you know, and sometimes the other teams play teams who have played against us, and they take advantage of it as well."

on his New Year's Resolution...
"To give absolutely everything I have, every bit of energy to make this Club successful, and make this team successful, because I feel it's a pleasure to work with the team and they give absolutely everything as well, so I want to give everything to make this team successful."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Song called up for African Cup of Nations

Alex Song has been called up to Cameroon's squad for the African Cup of Nations.

The 20-year-old is uncapped at international level but has forced his way into the Indomitable Lions' set-up for the tournament which takes place in Ghana from January 20 to February 10. Cameroon have been crowned African champions four times and will be favourites to win a group which also contains Egypt, Sudan and Zambia.

Song has made 10 appearances for Arsenal this season, earning plaudits for his displays in central defence during the Club's run to the Carling Cup Semi-Finals. He set up Eduardo's extra-time winner when the young Gunners beat Blackburn at Ewood Park last month.

Song is one of three Arsenal players on duty at the African Cup of Nations - Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue have both been named in the Ivory Coast's squad. The trio could miss as many as eight Arsenal fixtures, depending on how far their countries advance in Ghana and how well the Gunners fare in domestic cup competitions.

[Linked Image]

Stay close to Arsenal.com for all the Arsenal-related news from the African Cup of Nations plus an exclusive interview with Emmanuel Adebayor, whose Togo side did not qualify for the tournament.

Out in Africa - the Arsenal games they could miss

January 9: Carling Cup Semi-Final first leg - Tottenham (h)
January 12: Premier League - Birmingham (h)
January 19: Premier League - Fulham (a)
January 23: Carling Cup Semi-Final second leg - Tottenham (a)
January 26/27: FA Cup Fourth Round *
January 29: Premier League - Newcastle (h)
February 2: Premier League - Manchester City (a)
February 9: Premier League - Blackburn (h)

* If Arsenal remain in the competition

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Gallas - We'll miss Toure but we can cope

William Gallas admits he does not know how much Arsenal will miss Kolo Toure while he is away at the African Nations Cup.

The Ivorian played his last Premier League game before going to Ghana in the 2-0 victory over West Ham on New Year’s Day. If Toure’s team go all the way he will not be available for Arsenal again until mid-February.

[Linked Image]

Gallas concedes that Toure’s loss is a blow to the leaders.

“Kolo is very important for the squad because he is very strong,” said the captain. “He has good qualities and my relationship with him has been good.

“We have good players in the squad and someone else will be able to play. If you play for Arsenal you are very good and I hope my relationship with them will be good too. We will miss Kolo but I can only say how much after a few weeks.”

The win over West Ham helped Arsenal emerge from a difficult Christmas campaign with a two-point lead in the Premier League.

“We played very well and it was just about what we had to do,” said Gallas. “We have got two days off so we can relax now.

“It is good that we are top. It was important for us to show everybody that we wanted to be there. For me it is not finished and we have to stay strong to stay on top.

“I think Manchester United and Chelsea want to come back on us. It will not be easy for them and it will not be easy for us. We have to show people how we are strong and how we want to win the Premier League.

“Everyday I speak with the players and the boss and we know how we want to play. We know sometimes it will not be easy to win. For example we needed to do what we did against Everton.

“We didn’t play well but we were so strong. We wanted to win that game and we showed everybody. If we can keep doing that I think everything will be fine.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Matt Connolly joins Queen's Park Rangers

Defender Matthew Connolly has joined Championship side Queen's Park Rangers in a permanent deal.

Connolly (20), who had spent the first half of the 2007/08 season on loan at Colchester United, broke into the Arsenal first team last season, making his debut in the Carling Cup victory at West Bromwich Albion, playing the full 90 minutes. This was followed by a substitute appearance in the 6-3 victory at Anfield in the Carling Cup Fifth Round.

Matthew, who joined Arsenal as an eight year-old, was a regular in the Reserves during his time the Club and was Captain for Neil Banfield’s team last season.

[Linked Image]

Matthew had a very eventful 2006/07 season. After playing in Dennis Bergkamp’s Testimonial match at Emirates Stadium in July, Matthew also trained with the full England squad as they prepared for their friendly match against Holland and then spent a successful loan spell with League One side AFC Bournemouth.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to thank Matthew for his contribution during his time at the Club and wish him the best of luck with Queen's Park Rangers.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Beckham hält sich bei Arsenal fit

Der englische Fußballstar David Beckham hat am Freitag erstmals mit Premier-League-Spitzenreiter Arsenal trainiert.

Beckhams derzeitiger Club Los Angeles Galaxy aus der amerikanischen Major League Soccer (MLS) befindet sich noch bis Ende März in der Winterpause.

Bis zum Länderspiel Englands gegen die Schweiz am 6. Februar im Wembley-Stadion, dem Debüt von Neo-Teamchef Fabio Capello, will sich der 32-jährige Mittelfeldspieler bei den Londonern fit halten. Die unmittelbare Vorbereitung auf die US-Liga, die am 29. März beginnt, absolviert Beckham dann im Februar in Kalifornien.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Beckham's stay will not be a 'circus'

Arsene Wenger will not allow David Beckham's link-up with Arsenal to become a media 'circus'.

The former England captain will be training at London Colney this month as he bids to stay fit ahead of England's international friendly against Switzerland in February.

Wenger has poured cold water on suggestions that Beckham could register to play for Arsenal and insists that the 32-year-old's spell with the Premier League leaders will remain low-key.

[Linked Image]

"We are helping him to work on his fitness and trying to keep it as quiet as possible," said Wenger.

"He's just come back from a long break and has had injuries. He joined us on January 2nd. He will not be playing in any games and will not be registered. He is just training.

"We don't want to make something complicated out of something that is very simple. He doesn't live far away and always loved Arsenal. That's why we help him.

"It will not become a circus. We are quite well equipped here to handle that here. We have mirror doors and everything that is needed."

Beckham was pictured in an Arsenal training kit, sporting the No 23, during a first-team session on Friday. So had he forgotten his own kit? Wenger cleared that matter up quickly.

"We give a kit to everyone who practices. When a triallist comes from anywhere in the world we give him a kit," said the Frenchman.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Tottenham have not bid for Diarra

Arsène Wenger intends to keep Lassana Diarra and has not received any bid from Tottenham for the talented midfielder.

It has been suggested that Arsenal’s neighbours were hoping to tempt the French international into his second cross-London move of the season.

The 22-year-old only arrived at Emirates on transfer deadline day in August but has not broken into the side on a regular basis since then. The new window has just opened and Wenger suggested that the desire to retain his national team place may be giving Diarra itchy feet. But he definitely wants to retain the former Le Havre star.

[Linked Image]

“I would love to keep him,” said Wenger at his press conference ahead of the Burnley game. “You don't make a player come on August 31st and then want to sell him on January 1st. I want to keep Diarra but we'll see.

“The bad luck is that he arrived when our train had started. I rate him highly and, if it's down to me, I want him to stay. I can understand his frustration because he is worried by the national team. But I bought him in and it was long, hard work to get him here.

“I had nobody from Spurs on the phone and I didn't reject any bids from Spurs. We’ll we keep [our conversations] close and what we do inside [the Club]. But if you ask my opinion, I want him to stay.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - African stars will join our 'injury' list

Arsene Wenger will treat the loss of three players to the African Cup of Nations in the same way he would deal with an injury. He'll just get on with the job and focus on the players who are available for Arsenal.

Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Alex Song leave for Ghana on Monday and could miss as many as nine domestic games, depending on their countries' success in the tournament and their club's progress in the FA Cup.

Wenger is used to chopping and changing his team in response to injuries and suspension. As far as he is concerned, this will be no different.

"I consider them to be injured, so if they were injured, they would not play," said Wenger. "The day they get out of the competition, they are not injured any more and so you get them back."

[Linked Image]

The Frenchman expects a similar problem when the next African Cup of Nations comes around, but he hopes that the tournament dates will eventually be shifted to accommodate club football.

"I would love to see it played in June or July," said Wenger.

"[Staging it now] dates from a period where they had no floodlights and had to play during the day, therefore it was maybe too hot in some countries in June and July. That has changed now.

"They could put it now maybe on the same date as the European Championship."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Diarra, Denilson, Diaby in contention for Cup tie

Arsène Wenger has explained how he will rotate his side for the FA Cup Third Round tie at Burnley on Sunday.

Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring), Alex Hleb (ankle) and Robin van Persie (muscular) are injured, Mathieu Flamini is suspended while Gael Clichy and Cesc Fabregas will be rested. Theo Walcott’s shoulder injury will be considered on Saturday.

Nicklas Bendtner is back after suspension. Lassana Diarra, Abou Diaby and Denilson are vying for places in midfield. Jens Lehmann will start.

“Robin van Persie is still out,” said Wenger at his pre-match press conference. “Mathieu Flamini is suspended. Theo Walcott has a little shoulder problem that we will assess tomorrow.

[Linked Image]

“We will rest some players who have played a few games. I might rest Fabregas and Alex Hleb has a little problem with his ankle. Emmanuel Adebayor will be rested because of his hamstring. Clichy will be rested aswell.

“Nicklas Bendtner is back after suspension so he is available again. Denilson, Diaby and Diarra are in contention."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - I respect the way Lehmann has acted

Arsène Wenger has spoken of his respect for the way Jens Lehmann has conducted himself in recent weeks.

The Arsenal manager admits “the door is open” for the German keeper if he wants to leave Emirates Stadium during January. However suggestions that, on Friday morning, Borussia Dortmund would be announcing his decision to re-join them proved to be false.

In fact Lehmann will play in goal for Arsenal at Burnley on Sunday. Wenger believes the 38-year-old has not yet decided whether to stay or go during the current window however this summer’s Euro 2008 tournament could well be a factor.

“When I extended the contract for Jens, I opened the door that if he does not play [for us] and has a chance to play in the European Championships, then I would not stop him from leaving in January,” said Wenger at his pre-match press conference. “If he does not play, that means somebody else can get in front of him.

[Linked Image]

“I have heard that Dortmund made a press conference and they did not announce Jens but they are hopeful. The door is not closed for Jens, but at the moment we have not reached any agreement. I do not even believe he has made his mind up.

“He still thinks he should play, and I respect that. On one side you cannot want a player to give 100 per cent every day to be the best and then accept he is not the best. They do not work together.

“But what I respect the most is he is a player who comes in and does his job 100 per cent and does not talk too much. That is what he does at the moment.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Arsène Wenger will preach a gospel of respect this Sunday. Respect for Burnley, respect for the FA Cup and respect for the momentum that has taken his Arsenal side to the top of the Premier League.

Having hauled themselves through a demanding yet rewarding Christmas period, the Frenchman could probably do without a throwback of a Third Round game at Turf Moor this weekend.

As usual Wenger will send out a much-changed side for the televised tie. In days gone by, that would have brought about accusations of dishonour from the Arsenal manager. However four FA Cup successes in 10 full seasons and plenty of long runs to the latter stages suggests this is a competition taken very seriously at Emirates Stadium. In fact this week it was an Englishman, Reading striker Dave Kitson, who hit the headlines for suggesting the world’s oldest knockout competition paled in comparison to his side’s fight for Premier League survival.

“I don't like it when people disrespect the FA Cup,” responded Wenger at his pre-match press conference. “Personally I love the competition.

“But I saw Kitson's interview. He's an intelligent boy and I think he was just saying they have different priorities.

“For us, this is our next game and we have created a momentum which we want to keep going. Whoever is in the squad, we know that if we play well, we win. So let's just go and win the next game whether it's the FA Cup, Carling Cup or any other competition.

“At the beginning of the season we didn't know if we were good enough to win our games. Now we know we can. And it's not like we have won the FA Cup 10 years on the trot.“

In terms of changes, Cesc Fabregas. Manuel Almunia and Gael Clichy will be rested while Alex Hleb (ankle) and Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring) have only slight injuries but will not feature. There will be a late test on Theo Walcott’s shoulder and Mathieu Flamini is suspended. Robin van Persie (muscular) is still a week from fitness.

Their replacements are not certain yet. However Wenger did suggest that Lassana Diarra, Denilson and Abou Diaby will be contesting midfield roles and Jens Lehmann would be starting in goal. Nicklas Bendtner is available after his ban and Johan Djourou is back in the Arsenal fold having returned from a loan spell at Birmingham. Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are likely to start in their last games before leaving for the African Nations Cup.

Burnley are on a terrible run right now. They have picked up just two points from their last six games and, after the 3-0 defeat to Blackpool last time out, manager Owen Coyle felt the need to apologise to the fans for his side’s performance. However Wenger is far too experienced in this competition to think that a lower-league opponent cannot lift their performance by several notches on the day.

“We have to respect Burnley,” said the manager. “The side we take up will have to play at their best because if you give them a chance they certainly have enough quality to take it. They have Ade Akinbiyi, David Unsworth, Jon Harley and Graham Alexander. That’s many good Premier League players with experience.”

While Burnley are worried about arresting their poor run, Arsenal’s concerns are to balance their highly-plausible ambitions in the Premier League and Champions League. Traditionally the addition of the FA Cup has been highly problematic to Wenger’s side at this time of year.

“It's not in conflict too much with the Premier League but more the Champions League,” said the manager. “That’s because of the number of replays positioned every time just in front of the Champions League games.

“But we want to do well in the competition and we have a common desire to do well in every single competition we play in. In fact, if you look at it, in the last 10 years nobody outside the top four has won this competition. And we are highly motivated to win it again.

“So please, don't expect us to sacrifice the FA Cup.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Versatile forward joins Dutch side on loan

Dutch forward Vincent van den Berg has joined Go Ahead Eagles in Holland on loan until the end of the season.

Van den Berg (18) joined the Gunners from homeland side Heerenveen in the summer of 2006 and made Arsenal history with a late substitute appearance in Dennis Bergkamp’s testimonial, the first fixture to be played at Emirates Stadium. Happy as a striker, midfielder or link between the two positions, the Dutchman made 15 appearances in Neil Banfield’s reserve side last season and also featured 10 times for Steve Bould’s Under-18s.

[Linked Image]

Go Ahead Eagles are currently third in the Eerste Divisie, and have previously won the Dutch Eredivisie title four times.

Everyone at Arsenal wishes Vincent the best of luck with Go Ahead Eagles.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Match Report

Burnley-Arsenal 0-2
Eduardo 9, Bendtner 75

Goals from Eduardo and Nicklas Bendtner gave Arsenal safe passage to the FA Cup Fourth Round with a 2-0 win at Burnley on Sunday.

The Croatian completed a cool finish after only nine minutes, his sixth goal in his last four starts for the Club. The Championship side did have their moments in a highly-competitive first half but their challenge faded on the hour after Kyle Lafferty received a straight red card for a foul on Gilberto.

Fifteen minutes from time, Bendtner ended the argument when he danced around the keeper and slotted home.

Saturday had seen a number of FA Cup shocks but, if Burnley had pulled off a win this afternoon, it would have dominated the back pages for days.

That was never really on after Eduardo's strike. Arsenal were competent, composed and controlled as, once again, they avoided this perennial banana skin.

They march on.

Wenger had said his side would be “a mixture” and he was good as his word. Only three were retained from the starting XI against West Ham on New Year’s Day. Emmanuel Eboue and Kolo Toure were playing their last game before going to African Nations Cup. Eduardo was asked to continue his striking success over the festive period.

[Linked Image]

The Croatian’s partner was Bendtner, who was back from suspension. Gilberto and Denilson formed an all-Brazilian central midfield while Armand Traore came in at left back for only his second start in this competition. Johan Djourou named on the bench for the first time since returning from his loan spell at Birmingham. He was joined there by two Carling Cup wannabees — Mark Randall, 18, and Henri Lansbury, 17.

Burnley had been struggling in the Championship under new manager Owen Coyle recently but Turf Moor was buzzing with anticipation for Arsenal’s first visit in over 30 years.

And the Clarets nearly took the lead with their opening attack in the fifth minute. Andy Gray escaped down the right-hand side and crossed to the far post where Lafferty arrived to power a header against the bar. The ball bounced down and Arsenal scrambled it away but the effort could only go down as a major let-off for the visitors.

Wenger’s men had hardly settled but, in the ninth minute, they snaffled the opening goal. It was not a clear-cut chance. Toure’s chipped pass forward sent Eduardo through but the bobbling ball would not come down and the 24-year-old was being pursued by a couple of Burnley defenders. However the Croatian is fast becoming the coolest finisher in the top flight. He took his time before tapping a trickling shot past Gabor Kiraly and just inside the upright

It was harsh on Burnley but you don’t always get what you deserve in FA Cup football. They responded with what you would expect — gusto. Gray threaded a shot through and then Robbie Blake thundered a drive over the bar. However you sensed that Arsenal were relatively comfortable with the situation. They expected the home side’s onslaught and were confident they could cope with it. They were also causing the home side some problems on the break.

In the 20th minute, Arsenal might have grabbed a second when Gilberto met Denilson’s corner with a stooping header. It deflected towards Graham Alexander at the near post and he scrambled the ball off the line.

Burnley continued to pressure but the visitors continued to enjoy the best opportunities. Most of them fell to Eboue on the right. He hammered the best chance over the bar midway through the half and then he nearly flicked the ball past Kiraly from close-range.

Eight minutes from the break, Traore dallied over his clearance at the far post and Wade Elliot harried him into a mistake. Chris McCann blazed his effort over the bar when he should have done better.

Kiraly saved Bendtner’s overhead kick just before half-time and, at the interval, Arsenal were content.

They should have all but completed the victory six minutes after the restart when Bendtner found Eduardo unmarked 12 yards out. It was a much more straightforward opportunity than the ones he had netted recently against Everton, West Ham and earlier this afternoon. However he steered an inexplicable shot a yard wide.

Burnley might have responded in the best fashion when Blake’s free-kick picked out the unmarked McCann at the far post but, wastefully, he nodded over the bar from six yards out.

The Clarets were perhaps exercising their last throw of the dice. Certainly Lafferty gambled and lost on the hour when he caught Gilberto on the knee with a nasty-looking challenge. Referee Alan Wiley had little option but to send off the Northern Irish international.

The dismissal only fuelled a match that was already starting to boil. Senderos nodded Elliot’s cross off the head of Gray as the Burnley striker threatened at the far post.

However, 15 minutes from time, Arsenal made the game safe. Eduardo exploited gaping holes in the Burnley defence to feed Bendtner. The Dane skipped around the keeper and tucked his shot past Kiraly.

Burnley were now a spent force. Two goals and one man down, they failed to mount a response.

Arsenal held on with comfort. But, in a straightforward afternoon, they had barely been out of their comfort zone from the moment Eduardo had given them the advantage.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
FA Cup draw at 1.30pm Monday afternoon

The draw for the FA Cup Fourth Round is due at 1.30pm UK time

[Linked Image]

Alan Cork and John Aldridge, who both played their part in the 1988 FA Cup Final, will make the draw along with host Sir Trevor Brooking.

Arsenal will will be ball number 15.

1. Preston North End
2. Cardiff City
3. Peterborough United
4. Sheffield United
5. Coventry City
6. Mansfield Town
7. Walsall or Millwall
8. Charlton Athletic or West Bromwich Albion
9. Watford
10. Luton Town or Liverpool
11. Plymouth Argyle
12. Manchester United
13. Tranmere Rovers or Hereford United
14. Tottenham Hotspur or Reading
15. Arsenal
16. Middlesbrough
17. Fulham or Bristol Rovers
18. Huddersfield Town
19. Swansea City or Havant & Waterlooville
20. Wigan Athletic
21. Southend United
22. Oldham Athletic
23. Derby County or Sheffield Wednesday
24. Southampton
25. West Ham United or Manchester City
26. Portsmouth
27. Wolverhampton Wanderers
28. Barnsley
29. Chelsea
30. Stoke City or Newcastle United
31. Swindon Town or Barnet
32. Norwich City or Bury

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
'I've got a squad and I'm not afraid to use it'

FA Cup
Burnley 0-2 Arsenal

on the game itself...
"Burnley played well. They missed the first chance on the header and I firmly believe that would have had a big effect on the game. At 1-0 in this atmosphere it would have been a very different game for us. We took our first chance and were pushed in the second half. We missed a few chances for the second goal. The sending off killed the game."

on Burnley's performance...
"I must say that Burnley gave everything. They played at a high pace and in a fair way. I am surprised to see where they are in the Championship - this division must be very difficult. What surprised me was the tempo of their game and how quickly they could pass it. I was surprised by the quality of their crosses but they could not score."

on the red card...
"You will laugh but I did not see it. Gilberto had his back to me. I have not seen it on the tape yet."

on resting players...
"I have a squad and I am not afraid to use it. We went to Everton with Bendtner and Eduardo up front like we did today. I rotate the squad. My team today — Toure, Gilberto, Bendtner, Sagna — are all top quality players. So I had a Premier League side out there today. I rested some players because we had a busy Christmas period."

on Eduardo's finishing...
"The surprise of the day was that he missed the other one. You quickly get used to your players putting the ball in the back of the net. He has scored one and had an assist for the second. The two strikers did well."

on the benefits of a game like this...
"It was an enthralling game. You see a little bit about your young players. I am lucky. Everywhere we go we see good games because our opponents like to play as well. What surprised me with Burnley is that they threw players forward, they were not just waiting for our mistake to take the game to us. There is an exceptional hunger in my squad and that came out again today."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Arsenal face Stoke or Newcastle in FA Cup

Arsenal will face Stoke City or Newcastle United in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup.

Arsene Wenger's side were first out of the hat when the draw was made at FA headquarters in Soho Square on Monday afternoon. They will have to wait for the result of Stoke and Newcastle's Third-Round replay before their opponents are confirmed. The teams drew 0-0 at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday.

Arsenal eased into the last 32 with a 2-0 victory at Burnley. Eduardo and Nicklas Bendtner were on target at Turf Moor.

The Fourth-Round ties will be played over the weekend of January 26 and 27.

Stay close to Arsenal.com for reaction to the FA Cup draw.

FA Cup Fourth-Round draw

Arsenal v Stoke or Newcastle
Coventry City v Walsall or Millwall
Oldham Athletic v Huddersfield Town
Swindon Town or Barnet v Fulham or Bristol Rovers
Wigan Athletic v Chelsea
Luton Town or Liverpool v Swansea City or Havant & Waterlooville
Southend United v Barnsley
Southampton v Norwich City or Bury
Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur or Reading
Portsmouth v Plymouth Argyle
Derby County or Sheffield Wednesday v Preston North End
Watford v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Peterborough United v Charlton Athletic or West Bromwich Albion
Sheffield United v West Ham United or Manchester City
Mansfield Town v Middlesbrough
Tranmere Rovers or Hereford United v Cardiff City

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Fabianski - This is a chance for me to impress

Carling Cup
Arsenal v Tottenham H.

"I was told that if you save a penalty against Tottenham then you are the biggest man in the world."

Lukasz Fabianski has been one of the stars of Arsenal's run to the Carling Cup Semi-Finals and he is determined to enhance his reputation with another solid display against Tottenham on Wednesday night. The Polish keeper spoke exclusively to Arsenal TV Online ahead of the first leg. He discussed:

* getting used to life in England
* the prospect of facing Tottenham
* the intensity of the North London derby
* the equivalent games in Poland
* his surprise at being made captain
* the incredible win at Blackburn
* the incentive of a Wembley final

Subscribers can now see this video footage. If you don't subscribe to TV Online, click on the red button on the gold Arsenal TV Online panel.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Van Persie back for Carling Cup Semi-Final against Spurs

Carling Cup
Arsenal v Tottenham H.

Robin van Persie will return from injury for the Carling Cup Semi-Final first leg against Tottenham at Emirates Stadium on Wednesday.

The Dutch striker has played just 85 minutes for Arsenal since October 23. He injured his knee on international duty then, after returning for two games in mid-December, suffered a muscle problem. Speaking to Arsenal TV Online on Tuesday afternoon, Arsène Wenger was delighted to have the 24-year-old back in the fold at last.

“Yes Robin van Persie is back in the squad,” he said. “He had a little set-back coming back from his knee injury, it was a muscle problem. But the positive side of it is that he could forget about his knee and work on his fitness.”

[Linked Image]

Apart from that, the manager intends to stick with the young side that has taken the Club to their fourth Carling Cup semi-final in the past five years.

“Lukasz Fabianski will play in goal again, Theo Walcott is available while Johan Djourou and Philippe Senderos will play at the back,” he said. “Apart from that it will be the players who played in the last [Carling Cup] game. Basically it will be a young side maybe with one or two experienced players.”

Arsenal.com will announce the full squad on Wednesday morning.

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger names 16-man Carling Cup squad

Carling Cup
Arsenal v Tottenham H.

Arsène Wenger has announced his 16-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup Semi-Final first leg against Tottenham at Emirates Stadium.

As revealed by Arsenal.com yesterday, Robin van Persie returns to action after a muscle strain. Theo Walcott is also fit to play while Bacary Sagna and Gilberto have both been named in the squad.

Arsenal squad to face Tottenham:

2 Abou DIABY
3 Bacary SAGNA
6 Philippe SENDEROS
9 EDUARDO
11 Robin VAN PERSIE
15 DENILSON
19 GILBERTO
20 Johan DJOUROU
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
26 Nicklas BENDTNER
30 Armand TRAORE
31 Justin HOYTE
32 Theo WALCOTT
36 Mark RANDALL
40 Vito MANNONE (GK)
41 Gavin HOYTE

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Stoke can shock Newcastle in replay

FA Cup
Arsenal v Stoke/Newcastle

The bookies make Newcastle firm favourites to overcome Stoke and earn a FA Cup Fourth Round trip to Emirates Stadium, but Arsene Wenger is not so sure.

The Arsenal manager listened in as the Championship side held their Premier League opponents to a 0-0 draw at Britannia Stadium on Sunday and expects the Third Round replay on January 16 to be another close contest.

"I saw only the highlights of Newcastle and Stoke because we were travelling back [from Burnley] on Sunday," Wenger told Arsenal TV Online.

"We listened on the radio instead. It will be very tight in the replay as Stoke look to be a very good side. Sometimes in the Cup it is not easier to play at home but more difficult and they look to be good on the break.

"It is difficult to predict who we will play against."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - African loss is no excuse for failure

Carling Cup
Arsenal v Tottenham H.

Arsène Wenger will not blame the African Cup of Nations if Arsenal fail in their bid to win the Premier League title.

Kolo Toure, Emmanuel Eboue and Alex Song have left for the tournament in Ghana and could miss as many as nine Arsenal matches, starting with tonight's Carling Cup Semi-Final first leg against Tottenham at Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal's predicament could be worse - Chelsea and Portsmouth lose four players each - but it could be much better - Manchester United are not affected at all. Nonetheless, Wenger insists that the disruption of the African tournament is no excuse for failure.

"I believe it will be Chelsea who suffers the most though on the other hand they can buy more than anyone else to correct that," said Wenger. "But losing [John Obi] Mikel, [Michael] Essien, [Didier] Drogba and [Soloman] Kalou, that's four main players. Nobody else loses that many.

[Linked Image]

"We are just behind Chelsea and Portsmouth. But I won't use it as an excuse if we don’t win the title because I’ve known who we will lose since the start of the season. If the players were injured, I wouldn’t complain."

Wenger has tapped into a new generation of African talent in recent years and will be relieved that Emmanuel Adebayor's country, Togo, did not qualify for the African Cup of Nations.

The Frenchman would prefer the Cup of Nations to take place at the same time as the European Championships but, despite its present place on the football calendar, Wenger will still consider more African signings.

"It won't put me off but when you do buy them [African players], you have to consider how many to go for," he said.

"If you lose four or five games at that time you can’t win the championship so you have to consider the balance. You can afford to lose two maybe but not five. It's certainly a problem you have to consider."

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Wenger - Why I might have found my 'fox in the box'

Carling Cup
Arsenal v Tottenham H.

Arsène Wenger believes he may have found his ‘fox in the box’ at last.

The phrase was coined a few years ago by Thierry Henry to describe the type of predatory striker his Arsenal side were perhaps lacking at the time. For all their beautiful approach play, Wenger’s men certainly lacked the killer instinct sometimes.

Over time the term became inextricably linked with the Club’s search for a classic No 9. Francis Jeffers, Jose Antonio Reyes and Julio Baptista have all filled the shirt but could not fulfil the expectations.

[Linked Image]

Perhaps the same was starting to be said of Eduardo a month or so ago. His manager was happy to give the Croatian adaptation time after his summer move, most notably in Carling Cup games. But, with Robin van Persie’s injury lingering on, Arsenal needed a goal-scorer to keep up their trophy bids on all four fronts.

Eduardo became that over Christmas. His brace against Blackburn and Everton helped to secure him the Arsenal.com Player of the Month for December.

The 24-year-old goes into tonight’s Carling Cup Semi-Final with a record of six goals in his last four Arsenal starts. That is why Wenger feels his fox-hunt may be over.

“He is growing towards that [role],” said the Frenchman. “I must say he has deservedly got rewarded because he had an outstanding December.

“If you look at the numbers he has 14 starts, 11 goals. That is top, top numbers for any striker anywhere in the world. It is exceptional.

“And what struck me on Sunday at Burnley was not the goal he did score, but the one he didn’t score. That shows you how big an improvement he has made in our minds because every time he is in front of the keeper you expect him to score now.”

braumi Offline OP
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
OP Offline
Forums-Oesi
Wettprofi
Carling Cup S/F Leg 1
Emirates Stadium

Theo Walcott bundled home a late equaliser to preserve Arsenal’s proud unbeaten record against Tottenham and set up a mouthwatering second leg to the Carling Cup Semi-Final.

Arsène Wenger’s run of 20 North London derbies without defeat looked under serious threat for much of tonight.

Tottenham bossed the latter stages of the first half and deservedly grabbed the lead when Jermaine Jenas slotted home eight minutes before the break. Arsenal were disjointed and, although they improved after the break, they were staring at their first home defeat to their neighbours since May 1993 before the equaliser emerged with 11 minutes to go.

Eduardo sent Walcott clear and Lee Young-Pyo’s attempted challenge saw the ball ricochet off the England winger and past Radek Cerny. Emirates erupted with relief as much as anything.

Make no mistake, this was not the type of performance we are used to from the youngsters in this competition and they will have to improve markedly if they want to go through after the second leg on January 22.

However they are still in the tie and, just perhaps, still hold a psychological edge over their traditional rivals.

Certainly, given the nature and timing of the equaliser, Tottenham will be a worried side at White Hart Lane.

[Linked Image]

It was perhaps surprising to see Wenger name Robin van Persie in his starting line-up this evening. The Dutchman had just 85 minutes under his belt since October 23 because of knee and then muscular injuries. Eduardo, the star of recent Arsenal victories, made way.

Johan Djourou returned for his first appearance of the season following that loan spell at Birmingham and Theo Walcott was back after a shoulder injury. Lukasz Fabianski and Justin Hoyte also came in.

Transport problems caused a 15-minute delay to the kick-off. It did little to quell the bubbling atmosphere this evening.

Both sides could draw motivation from last season’s tie at the same stage. Tottenham felt they were a much better outfit under Ramos while Arsenal’s youngsters had a reputation to keep up in this competition - and a wonderful record to sustain against the old enemy.

Certainly it was Tottenham who quicker were off the blocks tonight. They created a couple of fleeting frighteners for Arsenal when Ledley King and Dimitar Berbatov momentarily went clear. But their early bluster soon fizzled out.

In the 13th minute, Walcott raced into the area and found a second of space before being swamped by Tottenham defenders.

It was the prelude to a period of Arsenal pressure. Van Persie fed Hoyte on the right and his cross was headed powerfully goalward at the near post by Bendtner. Cerny, surprisingly selected above Paul Robinson, threw himself to his left to save.

However Tottenham’s fightback was severe. Senderos obstructed Berbatov on the edge of the area and Jamie O’Hara curled a low free-kick wide of the far post.

Then, just past the half-hour, Berbatov hoisted a ball forward to Robbie Keane in the area. Senderos timed a dispossessing challenge to perfection however the ball fell to Steed Malbranque. With Fabianski out of position, the Frenchman trickled a hurried shot wide of the upright.

Seconds later, Keane skipped past the onrushing Fabianski and crossed to Malbranque again at the far post. The former Fulham midfielder rose above Hoyte to nod wide.

Tottenham had now built up a head of steam and the Arsenal midfield was struggling to hold back their incessant attacks leaving the defence exposed.

It was no surprise when the visitors took the lead eight minutes before the break. Berbatov’s pass put Keane clear and referee Mike Dean waved play on despite calls for offside. That left the Irishman with the relatively simple chance of sliding a sideways pass to the unmarked Jenas in the centre. His low shot past Fabianski was even more straightforward. Replays later suggested that Keane had been onside — albeit by a whisker.

As in the Premier League game between the sides in December, Tottenham’s goal rattled Arsenal. Before half-time, the overworked Fabianski had to save from a low Jenas shot and Berbatov’s attempted chip.

When the whistle blew for the break, few could argue with the scoreline.

Wenger made changes after the restart. Van Persie and Djourou went off, Eduardo and Bacary Sagna were the replacements. The Frenchman filled his usual position at right back and Hoyte moved into the middle of the defence.

Again Tottenham pressured at the start of the half. In the opening seconds, Fabianski spilled O’Hara’s corner and Denilson had to hack the ball off the line.

Arsenal were better for the changes but Tottenham had the confidence of that goal and they were using it. But they were not creating much anymore. Keane’s woeful dribbler from distance was the only effort from either side for the first 25 minutes of the half.

The home side started to sustain some pressure after that. However, had Keane controlled a relatively simple pass forward with 15 minutes to go then the lead could have been doubled.

Diaby wriggled himself into space on the edge of the area and had a goalbound shot charged down. Before that, Armand Traore had wastefully blasted over after Arsenal had won a free-kick in a promising position. It seemed that the home side were nearly spent.

Then, with a slice of good fortune, they grabbed that equaliser.

Gilberto flicked a ball forward to Eduardo in midfield. He sent Walcott sprinting through with Lee Young-Pyo in close pursuit. The Korean timed his challenge well but the ball spun up, hit the Englishman and bobbled past the onrushing Cerny.

It was one the scrappiest goals Emirates Stadium had seen. Yet, in the fans’ eyes, it was perhaps one of the most important.

Tottenham could have replied five minutes later when Aaron Lennon broke forward and clipped an angled ball to substitute Jermain Defoe at the far post. It was a gilt-edged chance but the England striker shot high over the bar.

At the end of the game, the home fans sang ‘you’ll never beat the Arsenal’. That proud boast has now stretched to 21 games however, on the evidence of tonight, the gap is closing.

Seite 3 von 41 1 2 3 4 5 40 41

Moderated by  toubi 

Link Copied to Clipboard
NeoBet Profi
NeoBet Profi
Gewinnspiele
500 € Tippspiel EUROPA-Torschützen.
von dragoon - 19/03/2024 12:39
550 € DFB-Pokal Torschützencup 23/24
von pik7 - 15/03/2024 18:41
Beste Spielotheken Online
Beste Spielotheken Online
Betano - Welcome
Wer ist jetzt online
15 members (Bartho01, AllesSuper, Bambi, Haiefan, kafi112, Flip160, Hackentrick, Martini, grottenoli, caro), 3,091 Gäste, und 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Poster(30 Tage)
Haiefan 93
pik7 53
Forum Statistiken
Forum25
Themen1,436
Beiträge120,999
Mitglieder3,864
Am meisten online8,723
Feb 16th, 2016
Spielen mit Verantwortung - Responsible Gaming
Wetten Sie nicht über ihre Verhältnisse.

Wenn Sie oder jemanden, den Sie kennen, ein Problem mit Spielsucht hat, raten wir Ihnen, dass Sie Hilfe von einer dieser anerkannten Organisationen in Betracht ziehen:

18+ Glücksspiel kann süchtig machen - Hilfe finden Sie auf www.bzga.de

Gamblers Anonymous
Webseite www.gamblersanonymous.org

Gambling Therapy
Webseite www.gamblingtherapy.org

Weiterführende Links finden Sie auch außerdem weiter unten bei unseren Partnerseiten.

Unsere Partner & Links:
Bundesliga Tippspiel - Forum Gluecksspielsucht - gamCare - begambleaware - Wettbonus - Wettbasis - Flashscore
DATENSCHUTZ
IMPRESSUM