New deal for Walker

Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest academy graduate Tyler Walker has signed a new four-year deal with the club.

Walker emerged on the first-team scene last season and scored a memorable first senior goal with an excellent finish in the 2-2 draw at Brentford in April.

And the 18-year-old striker is thrilled to have impressed manager Dougie Freedman enough to earn a long-term contract.

Walker said: “The manager approached me and said he wanted to offer me a new contract because of how well I had done in training and in the few minutes that I got on the pitch.

“He has really backed me and I’ve responded to that. I wanted to get in his thoughts early on.

“I really enjoy his training sessions and he makes it easy for me to play my best football.

“The amount of confidence he’s given me, staying behind after training sessions to put on drills that are going to benefit me, is brilliant and I really enjoy working with him.”

An exciting 2015-16 season now lies ahead for Walker, who will be working hard to ensure he returns for pre-season in the best shape possible.

In the medium term, however, he is just looking forward to playing football again – be it at Under 21 or first-team level.

Walker said: “The most important thing is game time. I just want to carry on learning, so whatever games I can get I will be happy to play in, making sure I’m improving all the time and implementing what I’m being taught in training.

“It’s a big season for me and I want to hit the ground running when I come back.”

Quelle: nottinghamforest.co.uk