Britt's heading in the right direction

Posted: Wed 28 Oct 2015
Author: George Solomon

Britt Assombalonga can see ‘a little bit of the light’ at the end of the tunnel as he continues to work his way back to full fitness.

The 22-year-old has been out of action since March with a serious knee injury, but the charismatic forward remains upbeat.

And although the striker is still unable to put a date on his return, he says there have been ‘no setbacks’.

Speaking to Forest Player, he said: “Everything is going in the right direction and I can see a little bit of the light. Things are progressing.

“I’m starting to see bigger things happening for my knee and it’s getting there, so I’m happy.”

The striker remains a regular at games and enjoys coming to support his teammates, despite admitting he’s itching to get back out there.

“It’s always good to watch the lads. It’s obviously frustrating because I want to go on there and play but I come to give my support.

“It’s hard because I want to play and I want to score goals! But I want the team to win as much as anyone else.”

Assombalonga was speaking after attending a Junior Reds signing session with the whole first-team squad and he enjoyed meeting the young supporters.

“That was really good, it’s been a long time since I’ve done something like that, and it’s good to be around all the boys doing something together.

“That’s who we’re trying to inspire, the kids, to do well and come and play football. That’s what makes me happy and I’m sure it makes them happy too.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...5Jj6quAX1hRZ.99