Coventry U21 - Nottingham Forest U21 2:6

Nottingham Forest Under 21s coach Jimmy Gilligan says he had to dish out some ‘home truths’ at half-time in this afternoon’s 6-2 win at Coventry City.

Goals from James Thorne, Jorge Grant, Ryan Yates, Gerry McDonagh, Deimantas Petravicius and Kasheme Walton helped Forest to a convincing victory – but Gilligan was far from pleased with his side at half-time.

He said: “We didn’t play well in the first half. We conceded twice from short corners, which was disappointing and something we have to work on.

“Energy, enthusiasm and desire are things I should never have to ask for. We went in at 2-2 and I told the players a few home truths about what Jake Wigley and I expect.

“The second half was pleasing. We looked energised and dictated the play.”

A day after signing his first professional contract, 17-year-old Jordan Gabriel continued his development with another start for the Under 21s.

Gilligan said: “It’s very pleasing for Jordan to have earned a professional contract but he needs to put that in the draw now and work hard on his defending.

“He has a great physique for a full back and is a very receptive learner. He has all the attributes to do well.”

Forest: Evtimov; Gabriel (Riera 75’), Worrall, Nielsen, Iacovitti; Petravicius (Walton 70'), Rees, Grant, Thorne; Walker (Yates 46'), McDonagh

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...co7B45ABjQEA.99