The only place to be

Posted: Thu 02 Jul 2015
Author: Nick Richardson

Jamie Ward says Nottingham Forest was his number one destination when he heard of Dougie Freedman’s interest.

The wide man today completed the formalities of his free transfer to The City Ground after leaving East Midlands rivals Derby County.
And, although Ward admits he initially didn’t expect to make the switch from Ram to Red, he is delighted the deal is now complete.
The 29-year-old told Forest Player: “I don’t think anyone expected it. But then I got the phone call and to be honest this was the only place I wanted to come to.
“It feels a little bit strange but I’m excited about being here. The most important thing now is concentrating on what I can do for Nottingham Forest.
“As long as I’m playing and performing, I’m happy. I’m 29 now so I just want to play week in, week out.”
Ward is yet to train with his new team-mates but he will be put through his paces by manager Freedman in Sweden next week.
Ward said: “I’ve had a little bit more time off than some of the other lads because of being away with Northern Ireland.
“It’s a case of meeting up on Monday, going straight to Sweden and getting settled in.”
Click here to watch the full interview on Forest Player, in which Ward discusses East Midlands derbies, his approach to pre-season and how he is looking forward to seeing more of his former Chesterfield team-mate Jack Lester.

Quelle: nottinghamforest.co.uk