Back in the frame

Posted: Fri 20 Nov 2015
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest manager Dougie Freedman will welcome Michael Mancienne back into his squad for tomorrow’s trip to Brentford.

Mancienne has been unavailable since early October through injury but the former Hamburg man has been deemed fit for this weekend.

Freedman also had good news to report on Robert Tesche, who is back in full training, while he confirmed Chris Cohen is moving closer towards a return.

The manager told Forest Player HD: “Mancienne will be back in the squad for tomorrow. Robert Tesche has still got a couple of weeks of intense training to do.

“We’ve also got great news that Cohen will be back in full training in the early part of next week. He’s been getting drip-fed bits and pieces with coaches but now he’ll be back in training with myself on Tuesday. I’m really looking forward to that.

It’s something that maybe the fans don’t see, but the training levels and competitiveness are going up every day because we are getting players back who are fighting for positions and for the football club.”

Freedman was also positive about the fitness of his players who went away on international duty, and accepts the break ‘came at a good time’ for those who remained at the club.

Now everyone’s focus is on tomorrow’s match at Griffin Park, which the manager believes will present a tough but surmountable challenge.

Freedman said: “They’re on a roll right now. They’ve got a settled team and they’re playing a style that’s benefiting them.

“A lot of concentration is needed down there because of how they play but if we can perform like we have been doing, with one or two different additions to the squad, I think we’re very capable of getting a win.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...u23fMEXhI2R6.99