Gutted for the fans

Posted: Sat 02 Apr 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest head coach Paul Williams apologised to the fans for this afternoon’s performance against Brentford

The Reds were beaten 3-0 by the Bees on an afternoon when Eric Lichaj was sent off for a second bookable offence.

And Williams’ first thoughts were with the fans who witnessed the match.

He said: “Unbelievable – I never saw that coming. I was looking forward to coming here and watching the lads play as the home team.

“I’m gutted for the fans – really disappointed. Their reaction to the players today is valid.

“Going into the game, I think preparation has been really, really good. But when they go out there for a home game, it’s down to the players isn’t it?

“We were just second best all day long. I’ll go and have a look at myself and think about whether the preparation was too much for them.”

Williams is awaiting news on the extent of Michael Mancienne’s injury and confirmed that Jack Hobbs will probably miss the rest of the season with a back problem.

The coach now turns his attentions to a midweek trip to Reading.

He said: “It’s my job now to get them ready for Tuesday. We’ve got to dust ourselves down and I’m looking for a reaction on Tuesday night, because the fans deserve one.

“The players have got to step up now – that’s it. We’re all big enough and old enough. This is football. I need men in football games.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...FwIcMAACrbyg.99