Nearing full throttle

Posted: Tue 22 Mar 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest loanee Federico Macheda hopes to be operating at optimum fitness by the end of the international break.

An operation on a back problem at the start of the season left the Italian facing an uphill struggle to get into the Cardiff team.

But, now on loan at The City Ground until the end of the season and with two games already under his belt, Macheda believes he will soon be firing on all cylinders.

He told Forest Player HD: "My fitness is getting better. I've played two games already and I think after the break I'll be 100%.

"We have a few days off but I'll come in to make sure I get to the level I want to be. I will work on my fitness and everything else.

"It's all about scoring goals now - that's what I want to do. I'm a both-feet finisher. If I get a chance, I can finish - I've proved that."

Macheda admitted he had not played in an atmosphere like Saturday's East Midlands derby for 'ages' and, although the players were disappointed with defeat at the iPro, the forward says the squad are in high spirits at the minute.

The 24-year-old said: "The last few training sessions have been brilliant. Everyone's happy, even though we're not picking up the results we want.

"The group is together, the staff have been amazing with us and I think we are moving in the right direction towards winning a few games."

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...xBmFdyFCPzEw.99