A great achievement

Posted: Thu 24 Mar 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Jack Lester heaped praise on the club’s Under 18s players and staff after they were confirmed as league champions this afternoon.

Huddersfield’s failure to beat Sheffield United today meant The Reds claimed the title with four games left to play.

And Lester believes this season’s success comes as a result of a huge team effort on and off the pitch.

The Under 18s coach told Forest Player HD: “It’s a great achievement for the players and the wonderful support staff. It’s been a really exciting year because of the quality the players have been producing, both athletically and with the football.

“We put high demand on them in terms of the intensity they had to work at and the hours they needed to do.

“To get them to work that hard and to still love what they do is credit to them because they have had to put a shift in.”

Assistant Under 18s coach Gareth Holmes was also effusive in his praise for the youngsters.

He said: “Their attitude and application to perform and develop has been absolutely first class right the way through the season.

“It’s definitely been a collective effort. As a group you need the person you’re playing next to. I think the boys have really grasped that and said: ‘I’m going to do my best for the team.’

“There has been exceptional individual development this year within the framework of a team environment.”

Part one of the coaches' interview is available to view on the club's YouTube channel now. Part two will follow tomorrow.

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...Dl0Je1UX7uST.99