Renewing acquaintances

Posted: Wed 01 Jul 2015
Author: Nick Richardson

New Nottingham Forest signing Matt Mills says his experience of working with Dougie Freedman will be a big help to him at The City Ground.
The former Bolton centre back has completed the formalities of a free transfer which will see him link up with a manager he played under at Wanderers.
Mills’ experience in the Football League means he is also familiar with a number of his new team-mates, something he believes will allow him to adjust to life at on Trentside quickly.
The 28-year-old told Forest Player: “I’m delighted to be here and to be linking up with the manager again. It’s a good thing for me that I know the way he works and vice versa.
“Sometimes when you move to a new club it’s a strange feeling in terms of having to prove yourself and maybe acting differently. This is a very comfortable situation for me. It’s just a case of bedding in and taking it from there.
“I certainly feel like I’m in my prime. I’m a better player now than I was four years ago.”
Mills will fly out to Sweden with the rest of the squad for a pre-season training camp next week.
He said: “To get away from everything and be locked down for ten days can be quite intense but, at the same time, it’s a perfect opportunity to meet your team-mates – you’re basically living with the lads.
“You’re around football 24/7 and the manager will get his point across. It’ll be a good exercise for getting fit and learning the way the manager wants to play.”

Quelle: nottinghamforest.co.uk