We were unlucky

Posted: Sun 30 Aug 2015
Author: George Solomon

David Vaughan believes Nottingham Forest were unlucky not to get a point out of yesterday's clash with Cardiff.

The Bluebirds went 2-0 ahead early in the second half but Forest got a goal back five minutes from time through Michail Antonio, and had chances to draw level.

Speaking after the match, Vaughan said: “We’re disappointed to have lost the game, especially considering the manner in which we lost the goals.

“It was a good fight back in the end though and we were unlucky not to get a point out of the game.

“We had a few chances and their keeper has produced some good saves. We’ve been a bit sloppy in front of goal but hopefully we can turn it around after the international break.”

The Welshman was making his fourth start of the season and he believes the injury problems that affected his first full campaign at the club are a thing of the past.

Vaughan said: “I’ve been doing my own programme in the gym which has helped a lot and hopefully my injuries are behind me.

“I’ve been fairly pleased with my start to the season. I was disappointed not to start at Bolton last week but it was nice to come on and score.

“Hopefully I can get a good run of games in the team this term.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/we-were-unlucky-2656104.aspx#dC1RTV7S3YYFMCVY.99