Onus on the players

Posted: Thu 31 Mar 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest head coach Paul Williams says ‘the onus is on the players’ to continue displaying desire when they take on Brentford this weekend.
The Reds have returned from the international break and Williams is keen for his team to produce an attack-minded display for the home crowd.

He told Forest Player HD: “The onus is on the players. I can try and implement some kind of shape, but the desire is all down to the players. In the two games we’ve had, they’ve showed that in abundance and I’m going to ask them to do it for the rest of the season as well.

“We’re at home and this is a fantastic club – we’re Nottingham Forest. I’ve not seen many teams come here and sit off us. We’ve got to make sure we throw the first punch and take the game to them.

“At Derby and Hull, I couldn’t fault the players, and fans will understand that’s what we’re trying to do.”

Williams and his staff have used the recent lay-off as a chance to work on the fitness of those who didn’t leave the club on international duty.

The coach said: “It’s been good, you get time to work on the training ground with the players - games come thick and fast in the Championship.

“We’re not going to let the season fizzle out now. We’ve worked really hard on our fitness, which will hopefully translate into Saturday’s game.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...5zqOytE8DqUh.99