A deserved draw

Posted: Sun 26 Jul 2015
Author: George Solomon

Eric Lichaj believes Nottingham Forest warranted their 1-1 draw with Swansea City yesterday.

Speaking to Forest Player HD after the game, the full back said he thought The Reds did a fine defensive job against the Premier League side.

Lichaj said: “It was a good test for us. I think we gave them a little too much respect in the first 25 minutes but once we got into the game we started to counter attack and get some shots in on goal.

"They kept the ball really well, especially in the middle of the park, and they were trying to thread it through us, but I thought we did well at forcing them wide and making them cross the ball.

“With Matt Mills and Jack Hobbs in the middle of defence, I’d always back them to clear the danger. I think we did well and warranted the 1-1 draw in the end.”

The Reds face Lichaj’s old side, Aston Villa, at The City Ground next week in their final pre-season friendly of the summer.

And the 26-year-old is looking forward to taking one step closer to the season's start.

He said: "I was there for seven years so it will be nice to play them, but all the guys I played with have gone on to other things. For me it’s another game and another test before the first game of the season.

“The manager said he’s going to make it a full week now like we would have during the season, so we’re going to treat Villa like our first game.

"It will be good to get into the swing of things.”

Quelle: nottinghamforest.co.uk