A results Business

Nottingham Forest manager Dougie Freedman says attractive football may have to be compromised if his team are to beat Reading tomorrow.

The manager was left frustrated at Brentford last weekend after once again seeing his team lose a match they dominated.

And, as he alluded to after that match, Freedman has been working on ways for his team to win the points their performances deserve.

He told Forest Player HD: “The fans come to see a winning team. We need to make sure we play in a way that’s results-based, making sure the fancy football we’ve been playing is compromised at times to get the ball forward a bit quicker.

“I think there are only small things missing. We cannot beat the likes of QPR, Birmingham and Derby, teams at the top, and not come away with wins against Preston, Ipswich and Brentford. It’s frustrating for me.

“We’ve worked on one or two things but it’s certainly all in our mind. We’re trying too hard, we’re too desperate to score.

“It’s a great group to work with. I’ve got no complaints at all with their attitude or application.”

Freedman envisages an ‘open and exciting’ match against the Royals, a match his team go into with no new fitness concerns.

The manager was delighted to welcome Chris Cohen and Robert Tesche back into training on Tuesday and, while neither are likely to feature tomorrow, Freedman says the pair enjoyed a ‘fantastic week’.

Freedman has congratulated Tesche on his conditioning following a three-month lay-off and says Cohen’s influence is already coming to the fore.

He said: “Training goes up a level with the standard Chris brings. He’s got such quality. He demands certain standards.

“It lifts everybody. He has made the atmosphere more demanding than it’s ever been.

“If his team are not quite at it in a three-four minute spell of training, he will use his voice to make sure the performance levels come up. It makes a coach’s job a lot easier when you only have to give instructions once.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...ZfMrIekg8qL7.99