No room for complacency

Posted: Mon 25 Jan 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest manager Dougie Freedman has no fears of complacency ahead of Tuesday’s home match against Queens Park Rangers.

Freedman’s side are on a 12-match unbeaten run and will be looking to make it a third consecutive win and clean sheet tomorrow night.

And, while he accepts complacency can sneak in unexpectedly, Freedman expects his players to show more of the professionalism that’s served them so well recently.

The manager told Forest Player HD: “Complacency is sometimes difficult to pinpoint before it comes but I’m pretty confident that the players are nowhere near that.

“I learned last season when we were on a good run when I first came in, there was a lot of complacency and a lack of determination and desire to keep it going. I had to correct that.

“We have to take this game on the front foot and make sure we respect QPR for what they are – they’ve got very good players.

“If we turn up and keep to our identity, take our opportunities when they come along and make sure everyone is willing to put their bodies on the line for the team then it’s a winnable game for us.”

Freedman’s team selection at Middlesbrough may have raised a few eyebrows but his side went on to topple the league leaders.

And the manager says he will continue to make cutting-edge decisions in his pursuit of success.

Freedman said: “I’m not going to get them all right, I’ll get many wrong, but I’ve got to make decisions that I think are best.

“I feel with the small squad I’ve got if I keep playing the same team week in, week out, which I’m sure everybody would like to see, we’d get beaten.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...cH8FgrFxoO85.99