Positive steps

Posted: Sat 16 Apr 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest head coach Paul Williams was pleased with how his side built on the positives they showed against Brighton with another strong display this afternoon.

The Reds drew 0-0 with Rotherham at the New York Stadium and Williams is happy with the progress his team is making.

He said: “We created lots of chances today and could have had a penalty, but we’ve got a draw at the end of the day so we’ve got to be mildly happy.

“We’re getting a bit more of an understanding of how we want to play, which is good, and to back it up from the last game is really pleasing.

“Again we showed resilience at the back – I know we rode our luck at times with Rotherham hitting the crossbar, but it’s nice to see a bit of luck going our way.

“The defenders did their job and the attackers on another day could have got two or three goals.

“Again, all credit goes to the players.”

2,000 Forest fans packed out the away end and Williams expressed his gratitude to them.

He said: “I want to mention the fans today – their turnout and the support they gave us was absolutely amazing.

“It helped us on to get a draw today and I want to say thank you to them.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...9GKzYtsVWbTA.99