No rest for the wicked

Posted: Fri 08 Apr 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest full back Eric Lichaj took a trip to Holme Pierrepont recently – but his visit was for business, not pleasure.

The American missed Tuesday’s trip to Reading through suspension after being red-carded against Brentford last weekend.

But, despite not travelling to the Madejski Stadium, Lichaj didn't remain idle at home.

He told Forest Player HD: “Our fitness coach Nathan Beardsley actually took me out on a ten-mile bike ride.

“It was nice to see the river Trent, and we went around Holme Pierrepont and into the park to do some weights and monkey bars. It was good to get out there and do something a little bit different.

“It was a shame about the result but we’ve got to look forward to Monday.”

Depending on this weekend’s results, Brighton could move into the automatic promotion places with a victory at The City Ground on Monday (kick-off 7.45pm).

But that’s the last thing in Lichaj’s thoughts.

He said: “I don’t really care about what they have in mind – I’m more bothered about us getting three points. If that stops them from getting automatic promotion then so what?

“I think the fans just want a result – against a tough Brighton side it’s something they would really appreciate and hopefully they can get behind us.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...uVRru36coq6I.99