Credit to the opposition

Posted: Sun 14 Feb 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest defender Matt Mills says Huddersfield produced the perfect away performance at The City Ground yesterday.

The Terriers emerged 2-0 winners with a goal either side of half-time.

And Mills’ disappointment was clear to see after full-time.

He said: "That’s not the way we’ve been playing, which I think is the most disappointing thing.

"I think today was a classic case of how you can be picked off by anyone when you try to press the ball in the wrong areas. That’s not been us - we’ve been strong defensively, organised. It’s very disappointing. Huddersfield play a lot from the back so we tried to catch them out high but it just didn’t work.

"I thought it was the perfect away performance from them - that’s the way they’ll see it. They didn’t get out of their half in the second half but they didn’t need to. They could camp behind the ball, frustrate us and try to catch us on the counter. It was our job to try and break that down and create something, and we couldn’t.”

Mills insists the defeat won’t have a lasting effect on the team, however.

He said: "We’re in a mindset of not dwelling on things very long, be it a win or a defeat. We’ll come in, work hard and go again.

"We can’t do anything about it now, it’s gone. It’s frustrating, it’s disappointing and it will hurt - as I know it will for everyone who follows Nottingham Forest. But that’s football. We need to pick ourselves up.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...VO2GWcMFCFes.99