Happy to help

Posted: Mon 14 Mar 2016
Author: Nick Richardson

Nottingham Forest’s Andy Reid says he is happy to help in any way he can after accepting a coaching role until the end of the season.

The midfielder, who is currently rehabilitating following an operation, has agreed to assist Paul Williams with some first-team coaching duties after the departure of manager Dougie Freedman.

And, while Reid intends to continue playing, he is looking forward to trying his hand at a career he hopes to pursue in the future.

He told Forest Player HD: “I got a call last night to ask if I’d help Paul out, which I’m more than happy to do. It’s a lovely honour to have been asked to do that.

“It was nice to be out on the training pitch today, albeit in a coaching role. It was a bit different but enjoyable to be back out there.

“I’m doing my coaching badges – I’m not far off completing my A Licence – so it’s definitely a road I want to go down, although it’s not something I was expecting to find myself in so quickly.

“But football doesn’t always go how you expect it to. It’s about being able to adapt and all I want to do is help out in any capacity I can.

“I’m going to be coupling this with my rehab – I had my operation four weeks ago – and I’m still trying to get back, although I can’t put any dates on it at the moment.”

Forest travel to automatic promotion-chasing Hull tomorrow night before facing local rivals Derby County at the iPro on Saturday.

And Reid believes the matches present a chance for the team to be positive.

The Irishman said: “We’ve got two great games coming up. If we win them it puts a whole different light on things. There’s a great opportunity here for all the players, and for everybody, to be positive. Everything we do - let’s have a positivity about it.

“We know we’re not going to win every game but if we have a go, and the fans see us pressing the ball high up the pitch, attacking, getting men into the box and creating opportunities to score goals, they’ll get behind us. That’s what we’re aiming to do.”

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...8XGD3qIxD6T8.99