Match pack: Leeds (H)

Posted: Sun 27 Dec 2015
Author: NFFC

Nottingham Forest supporters will be hoping for
some festive cheer when The Reds renew acquaintances
with Leeds United at The City Ground on Sunday afternoon
(kick-off 4.30pm).

Pre-match brief

There is plenty of history between Nottingham Forest and Leeds United but both teams will be looking to write a new chapter when two of the Sky Bet Championship's in-form sides meet at The City Ground on Sunday.

Only one point and two places currently separate Forest from their next opponents but, having achieved four home wins on the bounce, Dougie Freedman's men will be confident of leapfrogging the Whites with another victory.

Forest are unbeaten in their last five meetings with Leeds but will need to be wary of Steve Evans' side who have won three of their previous four matches, a run which has included victories over Hull and Wolves.

View from the Red corner

Dougie Freedman: “I’m looking forward to the game. I played for Leeds United and I know that it is a huge, fantastic club.

“But I know that a lot of teams will come to The City Ground fearing us and we need to make sure we intimidate them through our football.

“We have to be strong in our work, we know they have also hit a little bit of form and we’d encourage all the Forest fans to get down to the game on Sunday and hopefully the best team wins."

Click here to read more thoughts from the Forest manager ahead of Sunday's game.

Last time out
Nottingham Forest claimed a fourth successive home win with a 2-1 victory over Milton Keynes Dons at The City Ground on Saturday which moved them to within six points of the play-off places.

Goals from Nelson Oliveira and Ryan Mendes put Forest into a commanding two-goal lead and despite Josh Murphy's late strike for the visitors, Dougie Freedman's men were able to hold on to victory.

Forest: De Vries, Lichaj, Mills, Mancienne, Pinillos (Hobbs 70'), Mendes (Ward 80'), Lansbury (c), Vaughan, Osborn, Oliveira (Trotter 84'), O'Grady

Read more at https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/a...3WDCxe7XQsP1.99