'It is good education for our young players'

On the game...
"We played quite well. We had six one-on-ones with the keeper and we lost 2-0, that sums it up quite well. They had the fraction of focus and superiority in front goal that we lacked tonight and that made a difference. But overall we lost a game we shouldn't have lost."

On the positives from the defeat...
"Many of our players were not fazed by the game. They expressed their talent and many of them gave absolutely everything. But in front of goal you need to be much more clinical than we were tonight. I felt we were quite naive in the way we took our chances."

On whether an Arsenal goal would have changed the tie...
"Yes, of course. It was always us chasing the game with them playing on the counter-attack. It is the easiest way to deal with the game. I believe as well the regret we have is that we had the first chance and some easy chances we missed. For a very young team it is difficult to chase the game for 90 minutes and not concede a goal on the counter-attack."

On the second goal...
"Yes we were caught out because it started with a throw-in and we did not re-position ourselves quickly enough. That is a question of concentration."

On why he reshuffled the back four at half-time...
"Because we had a lot of the ball and we had to build the game out from the back. I wanted more offensive players at the back to do that. We were uncomfortable at the start because we had real defenders in so we needed more offensive players there."

On Burnley's quality...
"I wasn't surprised because I saw them before and I felt they were of the same quality as Sheffield United and Wigan. Wigan was perhaps better quality but I was not surprised by Burnley. I was surprised by how much of the ball Burnley had."

On the atmosphere at Turf Moor...
"It was enjoyable. It was good to see the whole crowd behind the team."

On the value of this Carling Cup run...
"It is good education for our young players and you see those who have the quality to cope with the pressure, and those are not completely up to it yet."

On the first goal conceded...
"We were a bit unlucky. We were caught on the left side on the cross and our keeper was a bit unlucky I think. But they were always dangerous on that flank."