Wenger: 'It was a brilliant performance'

on the performance...
"It was a brilliant performance because we dominated our subject technically, tactically and overall we felt never under threat. We played with the needed confidence, technically astute, overall very happy"

on the quality of his side...
"We are consistent and this season it looks like we go for game to game and get stronger and stronger. It's important to keep that attitude to progress, to improve and to play for each other even more. Then we can believe in our future."

on winning the Champions League...
"The competition gets more difficult the further you go on. I believe we have quality and I said before the season started that I believe in this team but it will be down to us to grow as we do at the moment and be consistent. Then we see how far we can go in the competition."

on Andrey Arshavin...
"Arshavin was outstanding today because he gave the ball every time at the fraction of a second you wanted him to give the ball. That's top, top quality."

on Arshavin and Vermaelen being the missing ingredients...
"Yes. Our policy is to develop our own players and add players of special quality and Vermaelen and Arshavin are two good examples. Contrary to what people say I am not scared to spend money but what we want is to buy the players who have the needed quality to strengthen the team. We have only players here who can play and pass the ball, and score. Arshavin can be a decisive passer of the ball."

on the challenges ahead in Europe...
"Let's focus on ourselves and be as good as we can. If we meet somebody who is better, we will see. At the moment it is more important for us to focus on how we want to play and we have played the game tonight like we love."

on the options he has in attack...
"As many on the creative side of the game? Certainly not because today we still had Bendtner, Walcott, offensive players who are not available. Denilson too, while Eduardo and Rosicky did not start. Vela too. That is why I was amazed when people said 'buy buy buy!'"

on entertaining people...
"We try always to play the same way. In Holland they were organised and tried not to concede. The price we pay with our game is that everywhere we go the teams organise first, not to concede. When you play away from home the commitment, the little push, is a little stronger, and the referee can be more lenient, so it can be difficult to express it than at home."

on Samir Nasri's goalscoring return...
"He is nearly there. He has shown that today, especially in the first half. In the second half I feel he dipped a little bit. For a guy who has been out a long time he is in reasonable shape."

on doing so well up front since Thierry Henry left...
"Yes, because Thierry was such an exceptional player and of course when you lose a player of that calibre [people ask questions] but we have since discovered other players. We have players who come from deeper areas."

on Eduardo's contribution...
"Eduardo is a super player. I didn't start him tonight because he played two games against Liverpool and Tottenham so I wanted to give him a breather. But Eduardo is a fantastic striker.

Quelle: arsenal.com