Van Persie - I can feel the fans’ frustration

Robin van Persie won't be happy until he lands some silverware this season.

The Dutch forward has enjoyed a fine campaign, netting 12 goals in total including five in his last seven games. However, finishing as the Club's top scorer will count for little if Van Persie and his team-mates end the season empty-handed.

Arsenal landed their last major trophy in 2005, beating Manchester United after a penalty shoot-out at the end of the FA Cup Final. Nearly four years have passed since that memorable day at the Millennium Stadium and Van Persie can understand the Arsenal fans' frustration.

"Yes, and I am like them," Van Persie told the Official Matchday Programme. "I feel the same, I want it as badly as them and it can be frustrating when it doesn’t happen.

"I’m a positive person though, and I think positively, and I think the fans should do that as well. We didn’t win everything in the past couple of years, but we are doing absolutely everything we can to change it.

"The main thing [in 2009] is to finally get silverware, but there is a clear picture here of how to achieve that. We need to stick to it – because this is how Arsenal is. The Arsenal way is in our system now, it grows into you, and I don’t think it’s clever to change your philosophy.

"Things take time, and you often see clubs sacking managers for fun, and they don’t get anywhere. You need a long-term strategy. That’s why I like Arsenal, because the players have time to grow into the system, and if we stick to our principles we will get silverware. That’s the main target, if we stick to the way we play we will get it."