Walcott: 'I respect Mr Capello's decision'

Theo Walcott has been left out of England's final 23-man squad for this summer's World Cup.

The 21-year-old had started both friendly games since being named among Fabio Capello's preliminary 30-man squad but is not a part of the final squad.

Reacting to the decision, Walcott said: "I am very disappointed not to be included in the squad going out to South Africa, but completely respect Mr Capello's decision.

"I would like to wish the team the best of luck and hope they have a really successful tournament."

Earlier on Tuesday Emmanuel Eboue became the fifth Arsenal player to be confirmed in his national squad for the forthcoming World Cup.

Arsenal strikers Robin Van Persie, Nicklas Bendtner and Carlos Vela had already been confirmed in their respective nation's final 23-man squad for the World Cup.

Midfielder Alex Song will also be heading to South Africa. Cameroon coach Paul Le Guen has named his final squad for the World Cup and Song is among the midfielders.

Arsenal.com will continue to keep you updated on squad announcements concerning Arsenal players. France, Spain and Switzerland all named Gunners in their preliminary squads but are yet to formally confirm their final 23 for the World Cup.

The Club's official website will be keeping track of all our players who are playing at the tournament in a special World Cup section to be launched shortly.

Quelle: arsenal.com