'I've got a squad and I'm not afraid to use it'

FA Cup
Burnley 0-2 Arsenal

on the game itself...
"Burnley played well. They missed the first chance on the header and I firmly believe that would have had a big effect on the game. At 1-0 in this atmosphere it would have been a very different game for us. We took our first chance and were pushed in the second half. We missed a few chances for the second goal. The sending off killed the game."

on Burnley's performance...
"I must say that Burnley gave everything. They played at a high pace and in a fair way. I am surprised to see where they are in the Championship - this division must be very difficult. What surprised me was the tempo of their game and how quickly they could pass it. I was surprised by the quality of their crosses but they could not score."

on the red card...
"You will laugh but I did not see it. Gilberto had his back to me. I have not seen it on the tape yet."

on resting players...
"I have a squad and I am not afraid to use it. We went to Everton with Bendtner and Eduardo up front like we did today. I rotate the squad. My team today — Toure, Gilberto, Bendtner, Sagna — are all top quality players. So I had a Premier League side out there today. I rested some players because we had a busy Christmas period."

on Eduardo's finishing...
"The surprise of the day was that he missed the other one. You quickly get used to your players putting the ball in the back of the net. He has scored one and had an assist for the second. The two strikers did well."

on the benefits of a game like this...
"It was an enthralling game. You see a little bit about your young players. I am lucky. Everywhere we go we see good games because our opponents like to play as well. What surprised me with Burnley is that they threw players forward, they were not just waiting for our mistake to take the game to us. There is an exceptional hunger in my squad and that came out again today."