Fabregas - Denilson and Song are doing well

Cesc Fabregas has praised the contributions of Denilson and Alex Song this season.

The Brazilian and his Cameroonian colleague have struck up a partnership in the centre of midfield since Fabregas suffered medial knee ligament damage during the game against Liverpool on December 21.

With Abou Diaby hampered by injuries, Denilson and Song, both 21, have shouldered a huge burden in the engine. At times they have come in for criticism but Fabregas believes they both are talented and committed players.

"I’ve played with both of them, of course, and I can say they work really hard, they always give their best and are very honest players," he told the Official Arsenal Programme.

"At Arsenal there's a lot of pressure because we are a big club but from my perspective, and from outside, I think they are doing well.

"If we had scored one of our early chances [against Sunderland last] Saturday we could have gone on to win by four.

"We have to remember that this game depends on the entire team, and squad, and also to be mindful that Arsenal has lost games involving myself, Patrick Vieira, Edu, Gilberto and many other midfielders in the past!"