Van Persie - We want to fight for each other

Robin van Persie believes the togetherness in the Arsenal squad could propel them to success this season.

The Dutchman has played a leading role in the Club's flying start to the campaign, spear-heading a new three-pronged strike force at Everton in the Premier League and Celtic in Europe.

Arsène Wenger's side have scored eight times already and, although Van Persie has not netted himself, he has been part of a consummate collective effort.

Arsenal pressed their opponents all over the pitch at Goodison Park and Parkhead, and it's that camaraderie and willingness to work for each other which convinces the Dutchman that Arsenal are heading in the right direction.

"The season is still young but we have played two important games," Van Persie told Arsenal.com after Tuesday night’s Champions League win.

"I think we showed in both that we really want to fight for each other and if we can produce that every three or four days, we can make a big step forward. Hopefully then we can have a great season.

"Maybe being written off [in the media] brings the players a little closer together but we will see what happens," he added. "I don’t want to say too much because I don’t want to make the 'enemy' cleverer than they are!

“But if you look at the first two games, we played well. Our targets are as high as last year and if we can stick together and stay together and work hard for each other, we can make it a good season."