Fabregas - Trophy would be dream come true

Cesc Fabregas admits that lifting a trophy as Arsenal captain would top everything he has already achieved in football.

The Euro 2008 winner took a significant step towards making his dream a reality when he helped Arsenal secure a 4-1 aggregate win over Villarreal on Wednesday night.

Fabregas spent four months on the sidelines after suffering medial knee ligament damage in December but is back for the business end of the season. And for the skipper, taking care of business means getting his hands on some silverware.

“[I think about it] every day,” he said.

“It would be the best thing that ever happened to me to lift a trophy in an Arsenal shirt. It’s a dream for me but we still need to work really hard to finally get there.

“It is all about winning now. We may not have the experience of Manchester United and Chelsea but we have the illusion, the confidence and the excitement to play Finals like the FA Cup and the Champions League and we will try and do as much as we can to be there.”

Man United are next up for Arsenal in the Champions League while Chelsea await the Gunners in the last four of the FA Cup this weekend. Fabregas has no reason to fear either opponent.

“We are not scared of anything, the way we play shows it all. We always try and play forward, we are direct, we are aggressive playing in the counter-attacks. I think for such a young age it is quite unbelievable, and we will try to do the same thing against Chelsea and against Man United.

“We are in a very good position that three months ago we would be praying to be in. We have to enjoy it, for sure it would be a disappointment if we do not get to the Final or win. What we have achieved is good but the Semi-Final is not good enough; we want to be in the Final.”