Walcott - I'll be fit for Liverpool clash

Theo Walcott says he will be fit for Sunday's trip to Liverpool despite receiving a knock to his foot in stoppage time of the defeat to Olympiacos.

The striker has suffered from a string of injury problems this season, restricting him to just two starts and four substitute appearances for the Gunners.

Walcott needed medical treatment at the end of the Champions League match in Athens on Wednesday night but has eased fans' fears ahead of the trip to Merseyside on Sunday.

"I am fine," he said. "I just took a whack and the boots are so thin these days you can feel it.

"I slowed down so I could get some treatment, but I will be fine for the weekend."

The 20-year-old was delighted to play 90 minutes for the first time this season but says he still needs to find his form.

"It was good for me to get a start and blow the cobwebs away and hopefully build up for the weekend," said the England international.

"It has been a long time since I had 90 minutes.

"The main thing was to battle through and be all right for the weekend and hopefully play some part in helping the team get a result.

"[Form] doesn't come back straight away. I think a couple of games and I will be there.

"Fitness-wise I feel fine. It is just getting my touch back. In the final third I don't think it has been right."