'You will see a different Arsenal next week' (das ist auch dringend nötig...)

On the overall performance…
“It was a difficult game played at a high pace. Manchester United started stronger than us and if you look at the clear cut chances they were on top, of course, tonight. The positive is that we are only 1-0 down and we are still to play at home. I am convinced you will see a different Arsenal at The Emirates.

"I believe we still have a chance to reverse the result. Football can be like this. We could play tomorrow and you would see a different game. That is why I still believe at home we can do it. The tie is still very open. United could have regrets because they could have scored a second goal, and it is up to us to make them regret that."

On upping the ante in big games…
“If you are in a Semi-Final of the Champions League it means that we have played well in big games before.”

On Manuel Almunia…
“A player who had a big game in a big game! He was excellent, top class in every sense. The reading of the game, his decision making, his sharpness. He was really top class tonight.”

On failing to test Edwin van der Sar…
“I believe that we were not dangerous enough offensively. After the first 20 minutes we thought we could do something but we were not sharp enough in the final third. Defensively we had a positive game, but we were in a position where we had to come out and score. Then United played the game they love which is counter-attack.”

On rotating for the weekend fixture at Fratton Park…
“We want to catch Chelsea, and beat Portsmouth. But we will certainly have to rest one or two players. I can't think about that yet, though.”

On keeping Ronaldo relatively quiet…
“I think Gibbs had a very good game again today. He is a very promising full-back."

On staying confident…
“It will be a good opportunity to show our character and our mental strength. I am confident you will see it so I invite you to a press conference next Tuesday after the game, and then you would have seen it.”

"There is a Final at stake. Don't worry, when you play at home knowing you could reach a Final, we will be up for it. I am confident because I believe we will be on top next Tuesday and you will see a different Arsenal team."