Wenger: 'The second goal killed Newcastle'
Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle United
FA Cup Round 4

on a win that Arsenal needed ...
"I need always to win because I want to win, but this team has done extremely well since the start of the season and I was quite confident - I was not worried at all before the game, I must tell you. We played against a good Newcastle side who started strong and they created some chances at the start and slowly took control of the game. In the second half it was completely controlled by us and we won in the end - I felt the second goal killed Newcastle. Overall it was a difficult game. "

on the importance of the first goal...
"Well it was a game where the first goal had a big impact on the result. We scored when we were in control of the game, and that of course was mentally difficult to solve by Newcastle because they knew then it would be difficult. If they had scored in the first half, that certainly would have given them more belief. We scored when we were already in control of the game."

on sticking with Walcott...
"Yes of course because I feel at the moment he needs that. You see as well, for example, Theo Walcott, the way he started the game and the way he finished the game, that he grew in the game. He slowly found confidence. Sometimes when a player feels he had not a good game, when you can, you can give him another game to show him as well that you believe in him."

on further talk of Adebayor's incident with Bendtner...
"Frankly, he has played football, they have all played football. In what team does that kind of incident not happen? You are surprised that a country with such a history in the game makes so much of that, but I can understand it as well because maybe it is something to talk about. But it has happened, in every team it happens that there are disagreements."