Wenger - I have the money to buy the players

Arsène Wenger argues that his prudent transfer policy has created a more united, harmonious team spirit at the Club.

We are nearing the end of the summer transfer window and, yet again, it seems that Arsenal will have been the most frugal of the top clubs in England. The Frenchman has consistently stated his concern that every side should live within their means and attempt to balance their books. He has promised one more signing and has money available but, he believes, Arsenal's reliance on emerging young talent from inside the Club has given his squad collective character.

[Linked Image]

"Basically, we balance the budget in the way we run the Club," he said. "I have the money available to buy the players, but we go into the competition with that target. I think every manager should do this.

"We have gone three or four years into a different policy [of bringing on our own players] which we have to see through.

"But I am convinced we have opted for stability with young players, who have spirit of our game, the spirit of our Club.

"And I believe we will show we are more united and that we have the needed belief to be successful. That should be one of the advantages we have in this."