Wenger - We have to accept the critics

Saturday was bad day at the office for Arsenal but Arsène Wenger believes the negativity towards the Club needs to be kept in check.

Criticism of the 1-0 reverse at Craven Cottage has been widespread and while Wenger understands it is part of the industry he is in, the Frenchman is adamant his squad has the required strength to bounce back.

“We live in a world now where you have to accept the critics and a definite conclusion from everybody,” said the manager ahead of the Champions League tie with FC Twente.“We had a bad game at Fulham and credit to them because they played very well”

“No matter how good you are in life, players are human beings and have been away for the whole of last week. When you have an away game, it can happen that you are caught for 20 or 30 minutes.

“But I know my squad is good, my team is good, our spirit is good. We are intelligent enough to know we did not play well , but we know as well we have the needed quality to respond.

“Your desire is to play well and win. No matter how much experience you have, if you don’t play well you have more chances to lose than to win.”