'One-point difference is not that big a deal'

Portsmouth 0-0 Arsenal

on the game...
"It was frustrating because we are not used to not scoring. It was frustrating we could not get an opening. I feel we gave absolutely everything and the positive side was that we did not concede a goal. Our game in the final third was not decision-wise good enough to open them up and we had a few opportunities at the start of the game that we didn't use well."

on Portsmouth's tactics...
"I didn't think Portsmouth played at all in the second half, they didn't come out at all, they just defended. It was surprising to see them just make up the numbers with 10 at the back. It is difficult because they have experience in defence, their midfield was highly focused on defending they just left Kanu on his own up front. You cannot play like that every week. They conceded four goals at Liverpool and after that the team is just ready to focus on defending but you cannot play like that every week."

on beating 'negative' teams...
"I'm not disappointed with Harry Redknapp. we faced a problem we have to find a solution to. No matter what problem we face we have to find a solution. They did what they did well but you cannot expect them to play all the games at home and not come out of their half. Maybe against Manchester United or Arsenal or in special circumstances. Credit to them they did well what they wanted to do. We were not quick enough or sharp enough. And maybe our position on the field was too narrow to open them up completely."

on whether he lacked options up front...
"Maybe, but we had many offensive players, we had Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Adebayor and Diaby when he came on, but Portsmouth defended very well I feel."

on why he didn't bring Bendtner on earlier...
"We had the [injury] problem with William Gallas, we didn't know how long he would last, we were looking for the break in the middle the park, we were very open in the end."

[Linked Image]

on taking two points from nine on the road...
"It is the 26th of December and we lost one game since the beginning of the championship. So we have problems? You convince me we are in crisis - if we do six months again and lose no games we will be champions."

on losing top spot to Manchester United...
"I prefer to be in front but a one-point difference is not a big deal. I believe we just have to focus on our performances and get a good result at Everton and everything is alright."