'Improvement comes from a different attitude'

[Linked Image]

On the performance...

"I am very pleased with the performance because it was a complete one. Offensively and defensively, we had a good balance in our team. Great movement and, apart from 10 minutes at the begining of the second half, where we suffered a little bit, we were always in control.

"We played the game we love, the game we know how to play and could have scored more. I am pleased that we didn't concede any goals."

On Van Persie...

"He can be that link between midfield and the strikers, and it is the way we want to play. i think you could see he was in shape and when he is like that he is very important player for us.

"He is having an X-ray and we have to check his ankle. Hopefully nothing is broken but I don't know yet."

On his players' globetrotting...

"It is frustrating for all the managers. The difference is maybe when you are involved in the Champions League there is no time to regroup because players are playing far away. When they come back and we go away [to Blackburn]."

On responding to the Fulham result...

"I believe that the improvement comes from a completely different attitude. We have shown that against FC Twente and we have shown again here. Fulham was the start of the season with tough games before it. After the players went away it was some players' fourth game in 10 days and we were not ready mentally at Craven Cottage. "

On multiple chances...

"We could have had more, it is difficult to say. You could see in the end we would attack and it was almost a chance for a goal."

On Nasri v Barton...

"I don't know why [Kevin] Keegan was angry with Nasri. He had an incident with [Joey] Barton and was booked rightly so."

On potential signings...

"We are trying to buy but the problem is availabliltly, as well as the fact we have to find players better or as good as the ones we have."