'Our passing and pace caused many problems'

On 'playing to win' against Villarreal...
"I announced before the game that we would play to win and you could see that with the team we had out. It was a very offensive team and we did it in a convincing way against a team who kept the ball well. But every time we won the ball back, we used our passing and our pace and caused them a lot of problems with that.

"I believe that I was more impressed by the quality of our game and overall the speed of our game. Overall I believe against Villarreal who have a very good techincal level, we gave them problems where they didn't like it. That means going in behind them with the ball and being very explosive in our counter-attacking. We did that very well."

On the confidence levels in the squad...
"We have confidence and that is down to the slow progress we have accumulated from game to game in the championship. Confidence transfers from one competition to the other thats why we cannot choose any competition and just want to play well in every single competition."

On Emmanuel Adebayor and Theo Walcott's goals...
"In the first half sometimes I think he was a bit affected mentally because he was a few times offiside But now he is strong mentally and he just kept going and scored a great goal in the second half.

"Theo's finishing - he is now calm in front of goal. The way he finished last week at Wigan and this week in a Champions League game shows that he will score goals."

On Emmanuel Eboue stepping in for Bacary Sagna...
"Sagna was sick and he has played many games as well so we decided to send him home and rest him today, I knew that had Eboue who is as well very good and can play midfield, or right-back or anywhere."

On the prospect of facing Man United in the Semi-Final...
"I believe that both teams produce always very exciting games. Both teams like to go forward so it will be a promising Semi-Final. We are up for the challenge and it will be very interesting. It is always difficult to play an English team because of their quality. Psychologically it is not difficult but at the moment I believe that if you want to go far you have to play an English team at some stage.

"Tonight I would first like to enjoy qualification. The history always has a little part to play. We are in a cup competition now over 180 minutes and what is important is the form of the day. You have two teams with the same programme. Both are in the semi-finals of the FA Cup, both have a game in hand to play the week after. I believe that the form of the day and how much we can manage to be physically well on the day will have a big impact."

On playing the Semi-Final second leg at Emirates Stadium...
"It depends on the first result. We always go in the first game to try to score so let's play the first game. I believe that if you have to finish the game off it is a little advantage to have the game at home. Statistically it is significant in a big way - it is maybe 55 against 45 and in England - and in England it is even less significant because we know each other so well."

On dealing with the early-season defeats...
"I never doubted but when you dont win the game you wonder if you are right. I was always convinced but I was more worried about the confidence and the belief of a very young side. It is mentally very difficult when they do not win the games because its a bit more fragile than guys who have a big history behind them and have already gone through difficult periods. I was more worried about the mental side about what happened at the start of the season but they have dealt with that very well. This group is mentally strong."

On the 'ultimate test' against Man United...
"It is a test, but it is a challenge which we relish and we are excited about that. Before Man United, the most important is the Chelsea game. We have to focus on the short-term targets, and that is now Chelsea for us. I would not like to speculate on any weakness of Man United. We expect them to be strong on the day they play against us, and that should encourage us to be at our best and that is how we will try to play the game.

"We have games before we play Man United, so let's try to continue our run, and start with Chelsea. We are still super-outsiders."