Adebayor - Man United are unstoppable

Emmanuel Adebayor believes Manchester United are unstoppable.

Early goals from Ji-Sung Park and Cristiano Ronaldo in Tuesday night’s Champions League Semi-Final put the holders 3-0 up on aggregate effectively securing their place in Rome with only 11 minutes on the clock.

Ronaldo doubled his night’s tally just past the hour mark by ending a sweeping counter-attack with an emphatic finish. Robin van Persie did hammer home a consolation penalty 15 minutes from time but it was much too little, far too late.

After the game, Adebayor’s evaluation of the European champions was simple.

“They are one of the best - I don’t think anyone can stop them,” the striker declared.

“They are champions at the moment and the best team in Europe. They won it last season and this season they are in the Final.

“They are playing good football and they showed last night on a half mistake they are ready to punish you. I think that’s what they did quite well last night.”

Adebayor, who has scored 16 goals this season compared to 30 last term, suggested that Arsenal might have lacked a cutting edge this term. However, the striker is determined to make up for lost time in 2009/10.

“You can see the way we played last season with pass and movement,” he explained. “Every game we created maybe four or five chances and this isn’t true this season which is quite difficult.

“We have got three more games to go but to be honest it has been a very difficult season for me.

“Now we have to focus on what we do best. This season was a little bit difficult for everyone, for the Club, for myself so you just have to, with a few more games to go, play for our dignity, show character and hopefully come back.”