Toure - Man United are a cut above the rest

Manchester United are a cut above the rest of the Premier League, according to Kolo Toure.

The Ivory Coast defender was on the receiving end of United's attacking power on Tuesday night as Arsenal lost 3-1 at Emirates Stadium to crash out of the Champions League.

Sir Alex Ferguson's men were undoubtedly the better team over the two legs of their Semi-Final tie and many observers put their supremacy down to big-match experience and physical strength. Toure admits that Arsenal are still growing as a team but he believes they will close the gap on their European conquerors.

"I think they [Man United] are the best at the moment," admitted Toure.

"They have really experienced players, they are really strong physically, they are tactically fanstastic. I think they are good defensively as well.

"But when you see the first five minutes of the game you could see it was not so far between the teams. We put pressure on them and we could have scored with Cesc’s deflected shot. That can make the difference – whether you have luck or not.

"We have been together for a long time but we have not won trophies yet. When you win trophies it becomes like a habit for you. At this time we did not win anything and at the moment we do not know what is happening.

"But I think when we get the first trophy you will see more from Arsenal."